Next Thread
Print Thread
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ahhh, a reprieve. Thank you Smirky. goofy

Wonderful part. Loved all the emotions. And I'll quote my favorite part:

Clark was faced with the struggle of choice between opening his mouth and receiving a spoonful of gelatinous mass smashed over his face. He chose the one that was the least damaging.
That totally cracked me up - it blindsided me. I wasn't expecting humor of that level at that moment. laugh

I'll be here for part 5. laugh

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Good to see you care about us poor readers. :rolleyes:

Seriously, that was a very nice chapter and I like the direction you're going with this. Lois and Superman spend some quality time (such as it may be in their condition) and Lois plots the escape. hyper

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Woody, I saw the thread you tried to start after I started mine - and I liked the title of yours better - so I'm going to put it on this one.

laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Thanks. I was also thinking of calling it-Smirky's heart is found!

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
We removed a portion of his brachioradial muscle.
oh god

Better, smirky, but still very worrisome.

But good writing. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Columnist
Columnist
As much as I love the angst, I really enjoyed this chapter. The interaction between Lois and Superman is wonderful, and the comfort is a breath of fresh air after all the torture.

Keep it all coming!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I almost fell out of my seat laughing when I saw the title of this review section, Woody. Well done.

I thought to start this fic out with a bang--diving right in with a whammer and then a taste of some slight comfort. I'm glad it seems to have worked so effectively. Like I said, this is the first work of fanfiction that I've written, so it's all a trial run for me. I guess that's how it is for all of us, eh?

I'm glad you found the humor and appreciated it, MetroRhodes. My screenname "SmirkyRaven," is quite appropriate--mixing the morbid and doom with sarcasm and humor that I know I appreciate and can only hope that others will appreciate as well. It is hard to get it so that the humor and my general "smirkiness" is believable, especially amidst the aftermath of such torture and angst. Thank you for mentioning it. laugh

I'm also glad that people seem to be enjoying the character interaction. I'm a killer for characters (in a good way, I promise laugh ), and love to mold them slowly but surely so it's both believable and plot-driven enough not to be dull. As much angst as there will be to follow (and there will be more), the interaction will continue.

Tomorrow is going to be an insane day for me, so it's probably going to be sometime Sunday for me before I get the next chapter up.

Thank you all for replying. You have no idea how relieved I was to find some encouragement after the last chapter. Dark and depressing as it was, I was afraid it had frightened almost everyone off, either that or that they were simply disgusted by my crudeness, though I worked very hard to temper it and catch the spirit more than the gore. I hope I can keep up to your expectations <Crosses fingers>

SmirkyRaven

------------------------

I love anything that ties my heart in a knot. Bring on the love and the pain.

angel-devil

Merriwether
Merriwether
For me, it wasn't the gore that had me sad, it was that you had to damage poor Clark so.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Good wink . I prefer emotional angst over flinging too much around, but it is a means to an ends, as long as it's not crude, in my opinion. Being a newbie, though, I wasn't exactly sure what was too much or not. If the general public approves, then the work will go on. There are a good many lines you have to balance on in writing a fic, isn't there?

SmirkyRaven

I love anything that ties my heart in a knot.
Bring on the love and the pain.

angel-devil

Merriwether
Merriwether
I enjoyed the kittie part and the banter. I can't imagine being in Clark's position and just dreading the next time the door opens.
*shudder*. Excellent. Keep up the dread and the hope it will end.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard