Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lovely WAFFy stuff, Annie. It almost doesn't leave anything for the last part... except the total, complete and utter rout of Lana, which would almost be enough in itself -- but I can hope for more L&C interaction, too. Actually, Lana's rout would be best -- most thorough, most devastating... most fun evil -- if done by the two of them together; dare one say, as partners...? wink

And I very much enjoyed the neat parallels you implied between Lana's behaviour towards Clark as a teenager and Luthor's behaviour in trying to isolate Lois; don't think Lois spotted that -- maybe she should? It wouldn't hurt her self-esteem for Clark to think of Lois as the woman who saved him from Lana just as she regards him as the man who helped her escape Luthor; not that Clark needed saving -- or did he? I'd bet he's grateful anyway, and Lois would be all the happier and secure in their new relationship to know that.

Phil

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
Merriwether
Merriwether
ROFL. A classic Lois in the kitchen disaster. It figures she'd mix things up. Tho I'm wondering exactly how Clark got in the kitchen.. it wasn't mentioned, and she didn't question it. smile

I'm glad Clark told Lois the truth about Lana. Now she knows better how to fight, and now she REALLY has something to fight for! Smoochies! *swoon*

I won't be upset if you post the next part early, too, ya know...

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh, lovely!!! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Poor Lois... she can't even make a salad... sad
That's probably how I'm going to be ten years later (hmm................ that can't be good).

Anyway I haven't finished reading it yet(I'm where the banana bread butter exploaded - lmho), I'll read the rest tomorrow and then I'm going to comment it, because now it's 2:15 a.m. and I'm sleepy.
I just wanted you to know I'm reading.
See ya soon.
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey!

Sorry to be joining in so lat! I've been loving every word of it, but RL ahs kept me a little far for confort from my computer laugh

I just wanted to let you know I'm having a lot of fun with this story.

Cris (missing the blue cup cameo wink

PS. Sorry I'm not really saying much, but my brain cells are pretty wasted right now. SOme sleep might do them good! smile

Cris
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great part Annie.
wonderful - waffy and smoochies
ditto others
and feel free to post the last part early too
merry

A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Thanks for all the wonderful comments! I'm glad I was finally able to clear up a little bit what Clark knew and what he didn't. Nice to know that the background information on Lana made sense. I had so much fun writing the cooking scene, and I have to admit that the bakind soda/banana bread incident was inspired by true events. (Cut me some slack though, I was 11 at the time!)

The question that seems to be on everyone's mind is...

So what's going to happen with Lana?

And then the smoochies... What more could we ask for?? (Has me wondering what is in Part 5. A revelation? You've got me guessing.)

Now that Lois and Clark have now settled all misconceptions between them, I assume that Part 5 will be devoted to sharing the happy news with our dear friend Lana.

So when do we get the final part? And will you do nasty things to Lana?

So what on earth can happen in Part 5? I know some others want to see Lana get what she deserves, but I'm kind of hoping that it'll be more Lois and Clark stuff and that any Lana stuff is kept to the minimum; I've always disliked the idea of seeing women fighting over a man.
Well...I hope I've come up with something that will satisfy everyone. We'll see. smile

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, you've posted part 5... so I guess I'm REALLY overdue on fdk for part 4. blush

SHE COOKED! [Linked Image]

Ok, as someone who has been cooking for years, with varied results... I didn't think any of the things Lois could manage in the kitchen would really take me aback... I've soggified pasta and scorched sauce (actually, that one happens to me occasionally even now)... but the banana bread was a new one on me! eek I mean, I once added enough baking soda that the cake was inedible... but it didn't EXPLODE! huh

The outer layers of the onion were making chopping hard, and she couldn't recall ever seeing this flaky part of the onion before. Did it cook off somehow? She'd find out soon enough.
Ok, it was a REALLY long time ago... but I did this too! uh, just the one time! blush

And I would bet money there isn't a cook out there who hasn't accidentally adjusted the wrong flame.

Did I mention I found the cooking disaster completely believeable?

But that was just the beginning! After making me laugh so hard I choked, you then proceeded to waff me till I melted into a little puddle...

Clark comes right in the nick of time (as always), and makes everything ok! yay! Lois actually told him what she was afraid of! And he had exactly the right answer! YAY!!

“But she wasn't my first love,” he whispered, kissing her again. “You were.”
Aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

(Oh... for anyone who is now afraid to come visit me... I can cook, fairly well, in fact! References available by request. <g>)

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Ok now I can comment.

Great!

I'm glad Clark knows what kind of woman Lana is.

And I'm glad he and Lois are together.

YAY!!!!

Good work.

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Come just from Midsunmmer celebrations and found this wainting.

Lois making dinner was funny, but in a way we see funny ways of our friends.

Clark really does have Lois in high esteem. Even when they are just friends, he completely trusts her, cf. "truth is what you tell me and I tell you".

“You didn’t need proof, Lois. I would have believed you.”

Lois swallowed hard, choked up by Clark’s heartfelt declaration. He trusted her so completely. If only she had been so trusting. He had tried to tell her about Lex, and not only had she not believed him, she had yelled at him, accused him of making up his accusations because he was jealous.
Clarks seems also have learned that Lois wants not to be protected because she is fully able to fight her own battles.

Gabriele
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She hadn’t been able to find any shaved carrots,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

they sure sell them at my supermarket these days. Actually, they sell salad kits... with preshredded and chopped everything... there's even one with little tomatoes included.
<g> Thank you, Rivka. I was about to go dashing to the store looking for pre-shaved carrots, then I read Clark saying you had to shave them first, so I was about to make snide comments about my own lack of culinary knowledge, but then you posted that they actually *do* sell shaved carrots somewhere, so I feel a little better.

Hilarious dinner, Annie. The perk about being out of town is I get to jump straight into the next part and read what happens to Ms. Unemployed! goofy

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Annie,

Great, great, great. Loved the cooking, the kissing and the history of Lana.

Barb.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard