A
Well, I'm a little early, but I didn't think anyone would object. smile

Let me know what you think.

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Columnist
Columnist
No objection from me, Annie!

Wow, what a great installment! (Happy sigh....)

I can hardly wait to read the ending.

Irene
who just reread (and sighed over) Anybody's Baby....

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
Annie,
This is absolutely wonderful! smile1
PS to Alicia...thanks for your reply on living in Parma smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Annie ... funny and lovely section!!

That salad was too funny. <G> And when she started out I thought was was doing fine, until she got to the salad.

“To follow us down the street? I *knew* I saw you. I thought I was imagining things. I kept seeing you – sensing your presence, but I’d look up and you were gone. I thought maybe I was just seeing you because I wished you were there.”
Aha! I knew he knew she was there!! <G>

Excellent segment. Major WAFF alert at the end of the section .. does this spell out things to come?? <G>

So what's going to happen with Lana? wink

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you for posting early! This was wonderful.

You had me laughing out loud, right from the get-go. Angel hair pasta sitting in cold water? Too funny!

I really liked the way you had Lois tell Clark how she feels, too. Very well written.

And then the smoochies... What more could we ask for?? (Has me wondering what is in Part 5. A revelation? You've got me guessing.)

- Vicki wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great chapter Annie! I was laughing through the whole cooking scene! And I LOVED the smoochies at the end! Now that Clark knows what a pain Lana's been, they can get rid of her for good! Can't wait to see how they do that though! Keep up the great work, and post again soon!

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Wow! Great piece. smile1 The cat is out of the bag.

“Hardly! We had a *huge* fight right before prom. I’d found out that she was telling everyone we were engaged, and that she was threatening some of my friends to keep them away from me – trying to isolate me so that I’d feel like I had no other friends and be more willing to marry her. I told her I wouldn’t tolerate it anymore, and that we were over. She changed tactics then – crying pitifully and telling me that she loved me. At first I felt really bad, but then I realized it was just another act, one more manipulation. So I stuck to my guns.”

“And that’s how you wound up taking Rachel to the prom?”

Clark looked surprise. “How did you know I went to prom with Rachel?”

“She told me about it when I was in Smallville. Remember, she wanted to dance with you ‘for old time’s sake.’ I asked her about it later, when you weren’t around, and she explained that you were just friends and took her because you’d just broken up with your girlfriend. She didn’t give me any details about the breakup, but I remember that Lana’s name sounded like a curse word when she said it.”
eek Lana is dangerous woman. She deserve a lesson.

“Well, I did let her have in today.”

“In the bathroom?”

“Yeah, how did you know?”

“You should have seen her face when she came barreling out of there! She barely even stopped to grab her coat. And then two seconds later, you waltz out looking like the cat who ate the canary. I figured I was right to assume you could take care of yourself – Lana Lang is no match for Lois Lane, especially not when you’re on the warpath. I doubt Lana’s ever seen anything like you in action.”

Lois cracked a grin. Looking back on the confrontation from this vantage point – after hearing Clark’s declaration that he was in love with her and Lana had never been a threat – it *was* kinda funny.
I love this. thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
If I remember correctly from the series, Lois could make one thing that didn't include chocolate. Some sort of cold salad, which she brought to Clark's for Superman back in early season one?

The misadventures in the kitchen were fun, but then it degenerated into all that yucky stuff.

Let's see... we've already come to our so-called happy ending, yet there is still one part left. Lots of time for a couple of nasty whams and even a haircut for Lois.

Tank (who wonders just how badly Lois is going to rub it in the next time she sees Lana... too bad she doesn't have some 'hardware' to show her)

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Annie glad Clark cleared up some of the stories that Lana has been concocting. I instinctly knew that there was more to Lana's story than met the eye because it was obvious she was trying a little too hard to get Clark's attention. Clark did a great job at keeping her at bay. Lana is some piece of work though especially in assuming that Clark would be pathetic enough to pine away for her though. I'm glad he came up with that explanation for Lois. Nice kisses too now I wonder how the two of them together will deal with Lana after this.
On a side note thanks to you I will never look at cherry tomatoes or salads the same way again without thinking of Lois' disastrous cooking skills it had me in stitches! thumbsup

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I cracked up with the cherry tomato's ROTF! Great part to this story. I loved it. lana is such a jerk! I hope she gets it good from Clark and that Lois gets to see her humiliated. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
So he was clueless to her signals in the last part after all! That's OK. And my worried predictions that things weren't going to go well after all for this dinner - I'm so happy to have been wrong!

Lois' cooking misadventures were a hoot! Who would have thought that she could even mangle a garden salad... goofy

But then... ::very happy sigh:: suddenly everything was all right. The disaster in the kitchen turned into a thing of wonder...
He whispered her name in return, deepening the kiss. She gave herself over to the sensations he was creating for another moment before dragging her lips away from his. “But she said you never get over your first love...” she whispered.

“She was right.”

Lois’ heart lurched in her chest. No. It couldn’t be. The way he was kissing her.... He couldn’t still be in love with someone else.

“But she wasn’t my first love,” he whispered, kissing her again. “You were.”

Lois whimpered, a soft cry escaping the back of her throat. It was more than she had ever dreamed of. He loved her; he was in love with her. She wasn’t going to lose him after all. And then his mouth was on hers again, exploring, teasing, reminding her of all the things they had left to share with each other.
I wasn't sure which kiss to quote there, the first one or the second one. [Linked Image] And for some completely unknown reason, no one before me has quoted any smoochie passages at all. What's wrong with everyone? confused

Then it was really cute as Clark was trying to salvage Lois' dinner. I really liked it as he was trying soooo hard to be tactful in his questioning, and the sputtering for words part was really great. laugh

Now that Lois and Clark have now settled all misconceptions between them, I assume that Part 5 will be devoted to sharing the happy news with our dear friend Lana. smile

But before I go, I have to quote this too. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it... goofy
He raised her hand to her face, cupping her cheek tenderly and his thumb stroking her skin with a feather-light touch. “And now?” he asked quietly, and she could hear the nerves in his voice. “Are you interested now?”

Lois turned her head just slightly, closing her eyes and kissing the palm of his hand before turning back to look at him again. “I’m interested,” she said, her voice low and breathy.

The words were barely out of her mouth before his mouth claimed hers, his hands cradling her face and holding her to him, though she offered no resistance.
[Linked Image] KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Top Banana
Top Banana
smile1 And now Lois knows that too.

So we got smoochies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hyper yay!!!!

So when do we get the final part? And will you do nasty things to Lana? Can't wait to read it! Hurry Annie!

Saskia (and thanks for the school explanation, makes sense now, and we don't have it in contrast to what I thought before)

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Annie,

Remember when I told you that part 2 was my favorite part except for one other part... this was the one I was talking about <g>! OMG I loved the image of Lois cooking! I was ROTFLMAO just as much as the first time you showed it to me! And Clark, well, you know how much I love him... and this just proved how wonderful he is laugh .

She licked the drop of the batter that had dripped onto her finger, preparing for the sweet taste of banana nut bread. Instead, it tasted like...toothpaste?
Uh-oh! I bet I know what she did <g>

She rinsed the vegetables, then glanced down at her stack of recipes and extracted the one labeled, “Perfect Garden Salad.”
thumbsup I knew it all along <g>. He did totally see through Lana -- it was easy to go along with it than fight with her! Perfect.

“To follow us down the street? I *knew* I saw you. I thought I was imagining things. I kept seeing you – sensing your presence, but I’d look up and you were gone. I thought maybe I was just seeing you because I wished you were there.”
LOL and awwwwww! I knew he had to know that she was there even if he wasn;t completely sure. I love the sensing your presence part. So sweet!

AND SMOOCHIES! YAY smoochies!

“But she said you never get over your first love...” she whispered.

“She was right.”

Lois’ heart lurched in her chest. No. It couldn’t be. The way he was kissing her.... He couldn’t still be in love with someone else.

AWWWWWWW! So sweet, Clark.

“I saved you from pasta,” he said, cracking a grin.
LOL! Great comic relief after smoochies and heavy thinking <g>

“Umm... How was I supposed to know I should peel it?! Those things should come with instructions!”
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Onions should come with instructions! Food maker people should never assume that Lois Lane knows anything about how to prepare anything.

Oh my, a *cup* of baking soda in the banana bread... maybe if she wants banana big gross lump of disgustingness...

OMG Clark's reaction to the salad is incredible. I can't believe he didn't burst out laughing... but he is a much nicer person than I...

he surreptitiously threw the stem pieces in the trash when he thought she wasn’t looking.
LOL! Clark is on a secret mission to rid all salads of inedible stem pieces.

OMG her reaction to cherry tomatoes is so funny!!! And no shaved carrots and the store. I laughed so hard that I am almost crying.

Ridiculous visions of her Lady Gillette razor flitted through her head.
OMG! I do *not* even want to think about that image.

“Well, it’s not that unbelievable if you know Lana.”
Sooo... the truth comes out... Lana really is a maipulative, lying... insert explicitive that means female dog. Just as I expected.

You should have seen her face when she came barreling out of there! She barely even stopped to grab her coat. And then two seconds later, you waltz out looking like the cat who ate the canary.
LOL! Of course Lois could hold her own against Lana... it was more like Lois could thwap Lana with her little finger!

I can't wait for the final part. I want to see how Lana gets her come-uppance. I know I would be happy if you took something from Tank's book and inserted some kind of major wham for my favorite character to hate... i mean, come on, she is like the most horrible character... doesn't she deserve a wham???

- Alicia wink

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
OMG Annie --- this story is terrific!!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
So many beautiful WAFFY lines, but this was my favourite cos it brought happy tears to my eyes wave [EDIT: yippee HC the meriwether laugh ]

Kerth
Kerth
Good! Smoochies wink

and this for you for this fantastic part hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
great part, annie!

wow. lois can even mess up salad. color me impressed.

“Talk to me,” Clark pleaded. “This isn’t just about burning dinner. Please tell me what’s wrong.”
go clark!

“She’s just flirting Lois, that’s what she does. She’s only going to be in town for a couple of days, I figured it was easier to just let her flirt than fight with her about it. I’m sorry if it upset you. I never thought you would see it that way.”
hey, that makes a lot of sense. cool. smile just too bad he didn't think to tell lois this earlier. not that he had a reason to do so.

i like that he "sensed" her presence. they've got a strong connection, don't they?

Lois smiled reflexively. Even through the pain of this predicament, Clark’s sweet words charmed her. But Clark was missing the gravity of the situation. “It wasn’t just that, Clark! She *told* me she was going to marry you! She had a whole plan!”

Clark inhaled sharply, shock written across his face. Then he slowly exhaled and ran his hand through his hair. “I’m not going to marry her, Lois.” There was no hesitation. “Not her or anyone else.”
oops. silly lois thinking that just because a woman has a plan, the guy has to go along... laugh

not so sure about that last line of clark's, though. (i'm commenting and reading at the same time, and hoping that he's going to explain soon either that "anyone else" excludes lois- ie, anyone other than you- or that since he feels he lost his chance with her that there's no one else)

He was so close, so achingly close. And then finally he was there, his lips connecting with hers. She gasped slightly, as their lips touched, clasping and caressing.
wow. that was out of the blue. especially given that he's just said he wasn't going to marry anyone. actually, i'd like to know what he's thinking here. i know, i know.. it's lois's POV, but i wish there was something to explain this. i mean, i understand that he loves her, but it seems an odd moment to suddenly kiss her.

YAY!! dance

“I don’t know. I don’t know exactly what I thought. In an instant every possible horror flashed before my eyes, and all I could think about was getting to you.”

“You saved me.”

“I saved you from pasta,” he said, cracking a grin.

“You always save me,” she said softly, raising one hand to stroke his cheek. Clark smiled and captured her lips once more, in a brief, tender kiss.
laugh i'm going to run out of graemlins here...

and then the bannana bread! "what was that?" rotflol

nice babble about the cherry tomatoes.

”I didn’t think you would believe me. I didn’t have any proof.”

“You didn’t need proof, Lois. I would have believed you.”
good for you, clark! of course, lois had reason at the time to believe otherwise. oh well.

wow. and he's not blind about lana, either. maybe he's not such a lunkhead after all.

nice explanation about lana's past behavior and the prom and all. (i've ceased being shocked by her, btw. seems pretty much established by now that she's a <insert proper description that aptly explains what lana is without using words that i don't like to throw around here i'm not coming up with it myself at 4am>.)

i like clark's confidence in lois, especially after he pointed out that his faith hadn't been misplaced.

He raised her hand to her face, cupping her cheek tenderly and his thumb stroking her skin with a feather-light touch. “And now?” he asked quietly, and she could hear the nerves in his voice. “Are you interested now?”

Lois turned her head just slightly, closing her eyes and kissing the palm of his hand before turning back to look at him again. “I’m interested,” she said, her voice low and breathy.
oooo. nice!

i love the ending. almost seems like a good place to end the story, actually, if not for the loose end known as lana.

can't wait to see the rest of this.

and no, i'm certainly not objecting to the early post!

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wonderful!
I loved this chapter and, of course, the smoochies!

This had me lol:
When she wanted something, she went after it wholeheartedly. And she wanted Clark Kent.
This is soooo Lois!

I also loved the cherry tomatoes and how the seemingly perfect dinner turned into disaster. Clark was very tactful when he omitted to explain the cherry tomatoes thing. Just like him to spare Lois that. laugh

And they had *pasta*!!!!

I can't wait to find out what happens next. And I'm wondering how Clark got into Lois apartement....

Please post the next part soon!
~Sira notworthy

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Annie

WOW! This is great. smile1
Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek