Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Holy COW, Sue! You're trying to kill us, I'm sure of it.

That was HOT.

LOVE IT! Can't wait for the next one.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Columnist
Columnist
Sue, your stories are pure, sweet torture.

He didn't stop. After only a moment's pause he brought his left hand to rest on her hip while his right hand continued to draw the zipper downward. Did she feel the same way he had, when their places were reversed? Those few minutes lived in his memory and invaded most of his dreams. The sensation of her undressing him, of her lips on his skin, existed in a place beyond the reach of space and time and rules. And now, somehow, he had found his way back to that moment.
You make us readers feel every thing they do, every bit of anxiety, uncertainty, desire. I both dread and want the confession as much as Clark does!

I read every line at least twice, hanging on every word. I swear you could rule the world with your writing, you're so able to play with our emotions like this!

MORE! clap

-Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah! You got it posted!

Okay, before someone else snatches the opportunity away from me - I have to quote my absolute favorite part - made me laugh every single time I read it...

"Notice you? She asked you out to the White Orchid Ball, didn't she?"

"I was more of a last minute replacement than a date." He watched her carefully. There wasn't even the slightest flicker of comprehension in her eyes.

Lois shook her head in disbelief. He was in love with a moron.
I LOVE that. Clark looking for any kind of comprehension to dawn on her face that she finally recognizes who he is -- but instead she's shaking her head thinking that the girl he loves is a moron.

Ha ha ha! That was absolutely priceless!!!

Oh, and just to gloat... I've seen part 4, trust me, once Sue gives it her nice shiny polish, it won't disappoint either. laugh

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Why was he so reluctant to pursue her? It couldn't just be due to his mystery woman. His reticence had to come from another source. A little jolt of excitement shot through her at the thought that he wanted to tell her the truth.
An end with an epiphany. I love how she picks up on this. How appropriate that she realizes its a matter of time. I wonder if she'll continue being aggressive or if she'll stand back and just let him.

Who am I kidding, she's totally going to corner the man!

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Features Writer
Features Writer
Why was he so reluctant to pursue her? It couldn't just be due to his mystery woman. His reticence had to come from another source. A little jolt of excitement shot through her at the thought that he wanted to tell her the truth.
An end with an epiphany. I love how she picks up on this. How appropriate that she realizes its a matter of time. I wonder if she'll continue being aggressive or if she'll stand back and just let him.

Who am I kidding, she's totally going to corner the man!

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh, this is fun. And MR? Me, too. Totally my favourite line. smile1

More, Sue, more!

Yvonne

Columnist
Columnist
this was cool. Love these little stories. Keep them coming. smile1

MR this was my favorite line too. wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Queen Sue, you are marvelous!!

When the zipper finally slid free he wondered if he should continue and unzip the dress all the way. Did he dare?
Dare, Clark, dare.

She was imagining it; she had to be. There was no way that Superman would ever look at her with hunger in his eyes. It had to be a trick of the light or the mirror's reflection.
Sure he would, Lois.

"I'll make you a deal. Why don't you give up on her and I'll stop seeing Lex? How would that be?"
Take her up on it, Clark.

"It's not that I don't trust her - I don't trust me." He realized with a jolt that he wasn't making excuses. He really didn't trust himself. And why should he? He was nothing more than a garishly-dressed voyeur at this point.
Loved this.

He slowly nodded; a faraway expression on his face as he considered her words. "She's my best friend. I'm just afraid of losing that."
Aww… Poor Clark.

"Were you just telling me what you thought I wanted to hear? Or did you mean it when you said that you'd understand how difficult telling my secret would be?
Uh-huh. Yeah, Lois, I hear you.

A little jolt of excitement shot through her at the thought that he wanted to tell her the truth.
Oh, Clark, I hope you do. And I can’t wait to see Lois’ reaction. Really, I want to see the revelation.

The comma queen.
rotflol

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Here's what I really think!

[Linked Image]

You're killing me, but what a way to go.
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sue... Sue..

I have a secret to tell you. I think I may be falling in love with this story and I think it has the potiential to make me love it more than Faustian... actually it is trying really hard to woo me right now.

I'm considering the proposal.

More FDK on this later when I'm not at work and busy. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok, I know others have quoted this before me, but I just have to:
rotflol
Just brilliant!

The whole story is wonderful, I just wish he would tell her already!!! It's torture arriving at the end of the post and realizing that we don't get the revelation just yet. wink You definitely deserve the title of queen of evil! LOL!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Merriwether
Merriwether
I love this story because the revelation will be so much better.

Lois will almost have to forgive him because she told him what to do.

Wait a second...couldn't Lois make Jimmy research the guest list for the White Orchid Ball; and then Clark realizes what she is trying to do.
That could get interesting.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Great stuff, Sue.

And this line:

made me laugh so loud. Yes, Lois, he is. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm not sure what this means. Has Lois sort of figured out that Superman is in love with her?

It was simply a matter of time.
Here's what I really think!
You're killing me, but what a way to go.
JD
Hurry up with part 4 now that the cat is out of the bag...we know it's out there!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Sue? If you could hear me whine right now... it would rival anything you've ever heard from your kid. [Linked Image]

Can I give you a guilt trip in exchange for the next part? notworthy

Sara (who's not really taking too much time off homework, but had to read Sue vignettes when she saw there were some she'd missed eek )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow so close yet so far. I loved it. I can see you ending it here but I hope you don't. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Aw, go on, tell me what you're really thinking. <g>
Okay, Sue, since I have practically no time at all to quote from your story, let me just say... hmmmm, you told me once in a private email that you wanted to show how Clark and Lois were "in orbit around each other", as I had once put it, because in your opinion their mutual orbiting was so sexually charged it could have scorched paint off the walls. Okay, so this is the SueSian amendment of the Newtonian law of motion: Two bodies named Lois and Clark/Superman/Kal-El exert the kind of mutual attraction during their orbit around their common center of gravity that any nearby wall wil have to be re-painted after having been subjected to the influence of their mutual dance of seduction around each other.

Ehh.... Sue? I'm sure you know it's been said that some people die of a broken heart. Me the super-cynic have always tended to scoff at this suggestion, and I ungratefully dissolve into fits of giggles whenever I read the ending of Tristan and Isolde. You know, the ending where Tristan is told that his beloved Isolde has not come to say good-bye to him on his deathbed, and he promptly dies of a broken heart. And then Isolde comes to him only a little while later and finds her beloved Tristan dead - and then she propmptly dies of a broken heart. <snort> I can't help it, I think it's sweet, but it's silly too, and I giggle.

Ah, but... maybe you can die of unrequieted physical desire? How much can you take before you explode? Hmmmm, Sue. Maybe your story will be right up there with other tragic love stories, except Lois and Clark's story will be about tragically, lethally frustrated good old "God-I'll-die-if-I-can't-do-you-know-what-with-him/her" feelings.

Ah, Sue!!!! Help!!!! You know I can't stand deathfic. SOS, Sue! Save Our Souls! STS! Save Their Souls! STB! Save Their Bodies! SLACB! Save Lois and Clark's Bodies!!!! PP! Pretty Please! WSOT! With Sugar On Top!!!!!!

Please? grovel grovel grovel grovel grovel

Ann

P.S. Sue? I think I liked your story. wink

Kerth
Kerth
"No. Not yet." He sighed and looked away from her again. He should never have come here. Why did he insist on torturing himself like this?
I know how he feels. I felt the same after reading this. Why do we all insist on torturing ourselves like this?

He blinked and looked at her in astonishment. "She already knows?" he repeated in disbelief.
Seeing innuendo where there is none. No, she isn't trying to tell you something. grumble Come out of hiding peep and give us more!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
So, I was thinking about this Sue... why is this fic so appealing? What is it about these snippets that you are giving us that makes me addicted to it and makes me want to read more? Is it the revelation? Is it the cliffhangers?

I decided today... no. That isn't it.

I love this because you have done something that few authors have been able to do for me. Heck you have done something that the show rarely did for me. You are giving me a scenerio where I can finally understand why Lois would notice Superman over Clark. You are making their relationship more than just him flying in and rescuing her and then flying off. Suddenly it all makes sense.

That is why I like these Sue. I love this, and personally even if she doesn't find out anytime soon I will continue to eat it up for the reasons above. Thanks Sue for sharing your awesome talent.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Merriwether
Merriwether
Exactly.

It begins to explain Lois' reasons at the end of season one for why she would love Superman. Clark discounts her "ordinary man" comments, but this fic begins to look at how she would have viewed Superman.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard