Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34822 11/30/06 12:38 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi,

I hope you enjoy the ending of this particular story... though perhaps it is not the ending for this particular Kent family.

Who knows, I might be drawn to explore their lives again in future, though I have to admit I have no plans at the moment.

Thank you for being patient, and please let me know your opinion.

Yours Jenni

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Jenni, I am so glad Clark is getting some powers, even if slight. And I think he can be a great help to his son. Now when it hits the archive I have to read the whole story.
Sue

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a beautiful conclusion! First Clark´s memories coming back one by one, and then the superpowers... Just one little objection: Usually flight is the last power to come back, everything else comes back before it.

Nevertheless, I like it so much! Thank you for this story! sloppy And please continue to write! grovel

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I was so excited to turn on my computer at work today because I knew the conclusion to this story would be there. Unfortunately I didn't have an opportunity to leave FDK at the time, so 12 hours later here I am.

So glad that Clark survived the sugery.

Nice wrap up to Mac and Marge.

"That's OK, Princess Tory. No damage done."
Yes, yes, yes! Huge grin when I read this. And BTW, this is such a great little thread that you carried in the story. And it is interesting that Clark didn't even realize the significance of his statement right away.

A wondrous smile spread across his face as he turned to the woman at his side. At last, Lois and he had made incredible, fulfilling love. Together they had rekindled the fire, recommitted their bodies each to the other, forging again the bonds that had withstood enforced years of separation and traumatic mind games; a special connection that he knew now could never be rent asunder. Joy danced along every nerve-ending, filling him with an appreciation he had long forgotten.
/me sighs with happiness.

Lovely, strong telepathy and flying scenes with Matt and Clark. And I like the happy, hopeful, peaceful ending.

Wonderful story, Jenni. Thank you for writing it.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw sweet conclusion. great job! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Yay Jenni! You did it!

This is an incredibly sensitive, beautiful ending. The characterizations are so true. The relationships have a lot of depth. Thanks for not giving up on this story. <Sigh> A happy ending!

LaurieD clap

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Jenni, I'm so, so glad to see this story finished. Somehow it takes on a special significance that you and Clark both had so much to overcome before you could reach this stage.

There were so many beautiful things about this chapter, so many wrapping-ups of the best kind. Naturally I loved the way Clark suddenly remembered his own special pet name for his youngest daughter - and, like Lisa has already pointed out, it made it even more beautiful that at first he didn't even realize that it was remarkable that he could remember it at all. At that moment, he was back to the wonderful father he had been before, the man who didn't just love but also knew his children. The man who delighted in his children, not someone who worried about why he couldn't remember them, not even somebody who was happier about his own recovery than about his children.

I was also very moved by Lois's disappointment when Clark at first didn't seem to regain his memory. She had thought she was happy enough to have him back in the flesh and with his wonderful personality intact, but when his surgery didn't seem to cure his amnesia, she had to admit to herself how sad she was that the lovely past she had shared with Clark seemed to remain unknown to him forever. Of course, as we could see, it didn't turn out that way.

Imagine that I quoted that paragraph about Lois and Clark that Lisa quoted already, because it was so beautiful.

I also loved the long scene with Matt and Clark. I liked it so much that Clark could be there for his son, guiding him, when he was unable to help him physically. I loved his trust in his son, and how that made Matt proud, and how it made him believe even more in himself. And the floating scene was just exquisitely beautiful. I suppose you were telling us that Clark's powers were slowly returning, not to the extent that he could ever be Superman again, but enough to make him do a few "super" things, at least. But to me, that floating seemed to be about more than just the return of a small bit of his superpowers. More than anything, I felt that Clark was floating on "the power of love", as it were. Matt's love, Lois's love, the acceptance and welcoming he met everywhere; and his own faith in his ability to be, not Superman, but a man he would love to be. Long ago, I read the original story about Mary Poppins. (I read it in a Swedish translation, obviously, because I was just a kid.) Anyway, in the story about Mary Poppins, Mary's two young charges find themselves floating, because they have inhaled "laughing gas", or whatever it might have been called in English. The point, I think, is that the children float because they are so happy. In your story, Clark is being held by his superpowered son, held aloft by his beloved son high above the beautiful, beautiful planet that has adopted him and welcomed him as its own son. I could feel Clark being carried aloft by love, floating on love and joy and acceptance.

Thank you, Jenni. It was so beautiful.

Ann

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi,

Thank you so very much for your kind comments.

I just wanted to say to Cornellia that Clark isn't flying yet... just floating, which I think Clark might have done long before he ever flew.

Now, I'm thinking that might be fanfic cannon and not show cannon, so I hope I might be forgiven.

I am glad that that one little objection didn't spoil your enjoyment of the whole chapter... and I hope the complete story. smile

I just wanted to give my readers, and Clark and his family a little hope for the future.

Yours Jenni

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Jenny, thank you for this brilliant story. I've loved this story since the first chapter and it was worthy all the waiting. You made an incredible work and wrapped it up perfectly. thumbsup I'm going to miss this story.

Take care, Jenni. I hope you keep the good work. hail

Andreia [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I just wanted to say to Cornellia that Clark isn't flying yet... just floating, which I think Clark might have done long before he ever flew.
Allright, I agree floating is not flying! laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard