Next Thread
Print Thread
#34761 11/29/06 05:08 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Another queen of angst I see laugh
We should have our own club.

Your Bureau 39 is even a nastier crew than mine - and that takes some doing. Can't wait to see where you go with this.

Dandello AKA the SHADO Librarian cool

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#34762 11/29/06 05:18 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I don't know, Dandello...your "crew" is near driving me mad with anxiety. I mean, as a piano player, when they broke his fingers I just...cringed. Very badly. I seem to have developed a twitch of clutching my hands protectively whenever I'm reading your story. Weird. wink

I'm glad you're liking it, though. And an angst club is very good idea, I'd say.

SmirkyRaven

#34763 11/29/06 05:30 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love angst! As do many other readers of this forum (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!)

Anyway, I have briefly skimmed your story to see what I thought before delving deeper into it. I've had pitifully few moments to read lately. RL being too crazy and also being held by threat of a beating by my muses. But I've been sneaking in a little reading here and there...

Wow!

That's all I can say.

Wow!

I can tell this is going to be a gut-clenching ride. I promise to give you more detailed feedback later, when I have time to give it a proper reading. I skimmed part 2 a little closer than part one and my heart was crying out for poor Clark (oh, and, of course, begging Lois not to leave him).

So, more fdk later, promise. (I'm in the middle of writing a story right now myself, so it may take me a little bit). But just had to say a little something for now - so you know that you have readers out here.

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#34764 11/29/06 06:48 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hmm. Starts out with a bang all right. I am intrigued, especially by the tantalizing notion of the Superman as a victim of crazy science experimentation. It has so much potential. I look forward to seeing what happens. smile

another angst-o-phile

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#34765 11/29/06 07:46 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yeah, angst!!!

(Though the word sounds still strange to me, because the original meaning is a bit different)

I should stop rambling.

Great part! I'm happy you posted it, especially since I'm a "green K" addict. I'm curious where this will lead us. And medical experiments sound interesting.

Keep on!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#34766 11/29/06 09:56 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hello, all. It's 2 o'clock am in the morning where I am, and I just finished editing chapter 3. <yawns>

I'm not posting until I can read through it one more time after letting those ideas stew overnight, but I thought I might be able to (perhaps) stir up some more reviews with a little begging and an extra warning that the angst hasn't even started. Major angst coming up in the next chapter.

Just thought to warn you,

SmirkyRaven (ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...)

#34767 11/29/06 10:12 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I havn't left you a review yet because I don't even know where to start! Amazing story so far, I can't wait for the next part.

Bring on the angst!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#34768 11/29/06 10:23 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
If you keep it up like this, they may have to nominate you for President of that club. (Who would be elected is another topic however, hmmm...but I digress.)

I have to say, though, that since most fics have a little preliminary filler before any angst they start, that it was nice to se the story "get going" so fast.

Smirk, you must be in Mountain time ( or the non-U.S. equivalent).

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#34769 12/01/06 02:49 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#34770 12/09/06 03:20 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh beautiful. I love this evil Bureau 39!
I'm off to read part three now.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard