Next Thread
Print Thread
#34686 11/27/06 11:25 PM
SNL Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Nancy,

I've just logged in and seen Part 37. A brilliant surprise to have the next episode earlier in the week.

What can I say but WOW!!!! wave

Stuart

#34687 11/28/06 12:54 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, looks like I have more time than I originally thought. so, here comes some feedback:

Clark smiled. “Yes. Where’s Mari?” Mari walked in beside Los and nodded at Clark. Clark smiled. “I take it you’ll be driving. You can take the blue car.” He pointed at a rack of keys hanging beside one of the refrigerators. “The key’s on the Spiderman key chain.”

The man sitting beside Clark started laughing so hard that he dropped his Oreo into his milk. “The next thing I’m going to hear is that you have Batman and Superman key chains, too.”
Well, soon he'll have a Martian Manhunter chain (maybe?), a FireWind chain (for sure), a Steel Lightning chain (sure thing!), a Purple Pixie chain, a Blue Fairie chain... You see where my thoughts are headed. grumble

She grabbed a couple of Oreos - much to J’on’s chagrin
whinging How do you do this, making my eyes go wet like that? (Well, perhaps not quite like that...)

Gotta go for now. Time is running out again. But I'll be back. Promise.

*****Edit - I'm back!********

Stuart smiled. “What did you say your last name was Los?”

Los started to answer, but Mari interrupted. “Kent. His name is Kent.”

Stuart nodded. “Oh. Are you related to Jon and Zared?”

Los nodded with wide eyes. “Uh… yes.”
Uh-oh! That means trouble! Who will Los and K'al be? Clark's cousins? Nephews? Or will he tell everyone that they are his sons? Hopefully, Clark doesn't say anything stupid around Stuart. Oh, and what will K'al's and Los' first names be? I can see it coming:
"Oh, they are called Carl and Los. Originally, we expected only one boy and wanted to name him Carlos, but since we got two, we just split the name..." jump

<No! That’s not what I meant. That sounds like something Ching would say. Not me. She’s *not* royalty. You must choose royalty. And if you don’t, then I will choose for you.> He raised an eyebrow. <I believe Lady Edrika has an eye for you.>

Los thought vehemently, <Ching is not an honorable man! And I won’t marry that woman! She’s almost old enough to be my mother! I won’t do it!>
K'al behaves like an *** ****. I hope he doesn't have the means to force Los into a relationship of any sort. Perhaps Kal senior might intervene? Or offer Los to stay permanently. Or something.

In the smallest voice imaginable, she said, “But I killed mommy. And you loved her. More than you loved me.”
OMG! How terrible. I'm just glad Clark reacts the way he does. He's truly a great dad.

“Yes, Cat. Besides, I’ve got too much dirt on you from the old days.” He leaned over and whispered. “Does Jimmy know about the time you came to my apartment in nothing but a raincoat? Then of course you paraded around naked until you finally realized I wasn’t going to fall for your charming ways.” Cat reddened and Clark continued. “And does he know about the time that you called Superman for help, and ‘he’ found you in nothing but… nothing. And you didn’t need help.”
Oh, my! These little episodes are just ... so .. Cat. The way she was in the series. A pity seh didn't last longer, or we might have seen scenes like these in the flesh. Will you write some of those? You certainly don't lack in inspiration.

Amanda nodded. “Of course, I’ll see her. I generally see patients Caitlyn really wants me to see anyway.” She looked at Caitlyn. “Get undressed.”

Caitlyn rolled her eyes. “I’m going to lose this argument, aren’t I?”

Both Amanda and Clark answered. “Yes.”
Ah, Caitlyn is getting some of her own medicine. Well, turnabout is fair play! laugh

“Didn’t you just have major surgery? Good grief, you two have must have been going at it like bunnies.”

Clark grinned. “Maybe. I didn’t think so.”

Caitlyn chuckled and blushed lightly. “Well, Clark. Five times in an hour and fifteen minutes... That might be considered… well, what she said.” She motioned to Amanda.
Wow! Can I have him? Please? (Okay just kidding. That's really bunny-ish. And can't have lasted too long. So, where's the fun?)

“The girls. They’re twins? Your daughters?” Clark nodded. Amanda rubbed her chin. “Hmm…” She thought a moment, then said, “I can find my way out.”
Figured something out about flying sprites? Good. Very good. Should make her aware of the whole family.

Hannah came running in dressed as the White Tiger. She had a short sleeve shirt on that looked like the sleeves and neckline were ‘torn’. The background was white and bold tiger stripes ran across the shirt. She had on leggings that matched with little black skirt over the outside. It was accompanied by a black cape. At the places where the cape came over her shoulder were barely noticeable black ‘bats’ like the Batman symbol. “I was in Gotham City showing mom my outfit. Man, Clark, I didn’t even think that telepathy would work that far.”
Nice costume! And I really like the fact that she sports the Batsymbol - even if it's only small. IUt's a nice touch.

Los nodded. “Marisol’s father is Drull.” He took a deep breath. “Hannah’s father is Ching.”
WHOA! That's a WHAM! Ah, so that's what Los referred to when he claimed that Ching was not honorable. I guess it is good for Los, at least. He might find it easier to get involved with Mari that way. Who is going to stop him now?

Can't wait for the next part, Nancy. Don't take too long...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#34688 11/28/06 03:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hehehe! smile Nice part, Nancy!

He felt a little shiver and suddenly felt like his pants were far too tight.
mecry

[...]turn them into evil Cylons
rotflol
Who are you brining in next? (Hopefully not Chewbacca. LOL!)

Suddenly Jon doubled over.
Gee... stop it with the whamming, already. wink I hope he's ok!!!!

Hannah’s father is Ching
I'm counting this as a double wham!

Unless, of course, I wanted to write Mr. Spock into the story.
Well... You can't do *that*. duh. Mr. Spock isn't real! He's a character on a TV show.
(huh? what? you mean, Clark isn't real either? darn it! All my dreams just went right to hell! hehehehe! Don't mind me, I always make stupid comments on purpose.)

Really great part, Nancy! I can't wait for the next! smile (off to do that thingy I told you I'd try this morning, now. I'll let you know as soon as I can.)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#34689 11/28/06 08:51 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Nancy, I think your story must have the best "family feeling" ever of all LNC fanfics. In Clark's big, happy, generous family, everyone is important and everyone counts. And there always seems to be room for more people. Unless you are not there to make trouble, it appears that you would almost always be a welcome visitor. Your story makes your readers feel, I think, that they, too, could come to Clark's house and be welcomed there as guests. It's almost as if your story blurred the lines between fiction and reality, in almost the same way that the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" blurred the lines between real people and cartoons.

But there is one person who is not there in Clark's family, and who I, the world's greatest Lois fan, always miss so bitterly. I so, so, so wish that Lois could be a part of this story, that she could get to meet all the fascinating people here and be a part of everything that happens. And of course: I would so, so, so much love to see her as Clark's wife, standing by her man and loving him, being loved by him in return, and raising their children with him.

But that will not happen, and sometimes I feel as if I miss her so much that I can't bear to go on reading your story. You know that I need to feel that Lois remains a part of this family in spirit, at least, if not in the flesh. And in this part you did make Clark talk about her and cry for her:

“Oh, Caitlyn… I miss her so much.”

She said softly, “It’s not fair.”

“No, it’s not. And to think she knew.” He shook his head in frustration. “Some of the things she did make sense now.”

“Like what?” Caitlyn pulled his glasses off and handed him a tissue.

He shook his head no. “I don’t want to talk about it. Maybe later. But not now. Of course, you know about the videos.” He stood up. “Oh, god. Lois wasn’t supposed to die because she had a baby. It’s just not supposed to be that way. Mothers are supposed to hold their babies and love them and breastfeed them. Fathers aren’t supposed to take care of a baby by themselves.”
Well, I think Lois was unbelievably brave, considering she knew about her own impending death but managed to be a bright and happy center for her family all the same, concealing the truth of her looming demise while she was making preparations to help her children get on without her.

Not only Clark but also Jon misses Lois in this chapter:

Jon bit his lip. “I miss mom a lot. Especially right now.”
Ah, but poor, poor, poor Lara:

Lara stood in the middle of the floor watching these two grown-ups cry and hold each other. She understood the meaning of what they were saying. Her mommy - her real mommy - had died to give her life. She had her teddy-bear in her hands, and she dropped it on the kitchen floor. She turned and quietly ran out of the room. She found a place to hide and sobbed. It may have been the twins’ birthday, but Lara Kent felt like she had aged a decade in one moment of time.
Oh, oh, oh. How could it ever be a child's fault that his or her mother died while giving birth to this child? It can't ever be the baby's fault. It's not as if the baby asked to come into existence.

So I so, so hope that poor little Lara will get over her horrible guilt. But I, the Lois fan, also hope that Lara will find some confirmation that Lois loved her, and Lois wasn't angry at Lara and never blamed Lara for what happened to her. I would like to see Lara make a slightly stronger connection with Lois, if that is at all possible.

And as for Claire's tears... I think I know what they are about, and I guess you know what I'm hoping to see when it comes to Claire.

So many things were fascinating in this chapter. I like Los more and more, and at the same time I like K'al less and less.

K'al and Los are both telepaths, and another telepath visited the Kent home in this chapter - J'on J'onzz. He was always one of my favorite members of the Justice League. It was great fun to see him here! And while J'on J'onzz is a green man from Mars, Mister Spock is a slightly less green Vulcan form Vulcan. You know Mister Spock is an old favorite of mine, so I won't object if he visits the Kents in a later chapter, Nancy!

A young man whom I like more and more is Jon. I love the fact that he is a good singer, and that he would care so much for his little sister that he would comfort her by writing a song for her. I was so shocked when he started bleeding so badly. I don't really think that anything truly bad will happen to him - I think that is the rule of your story, Lois is dead but no one else will die - so he will obviously survive, though it's not absolutely certain he will not suffer any ill effects afterwards.

Ah, well. You know there are so many things and so many people I want to see more of in this story - Jon and Hannah, Los and Marisol, Zared and Jenni, and then there are the twins, particularly Claire. And then I want to see, if possible, Lois making her (spiritual) presence known in a good way for her children's sake.

Looking forward to more, Nancy.

Ann

#34690 11/28/06 08:57 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks SNL!!

(That’s the Martian Manhunter by the way.)

I'm certain that she will be very busy in later episodes when she uses her feline healing powers o help Jon recover. As the doctors say, and you've already hinted to in earlier parts, that stroking a cat (or a dog) can help healing as this reduces stress.
Yes, I’d imagine so!

The cliffhanger is brilliant. The fall-out will be brilliant.
Thought you all would like that.

I loved Clark's getting his own back at Cat.
You liked the little raincoat bit, eh?

Thanks, Olympe!!

It's way too funny! Are you from Mars, indeed.
I couldn’t resist. A man from Mars asking if someone is from Mars in the comical sense is just too funny.

"You can't let them join yet. They're merely teenagers, and most of them aren't legal yet, so you'd need their parent's consent. Which you won't get, by the way." - "How do you know?" - "Because I ... talked to their father."
Hahaha… I wonder if the Teen Titans need their parents’ consents?

J'on, the powerful telepath, didn't realize? Tsk, tsk.
He would have in another second. Let’s just say he wasn’t paying close attention at first.

Clark could be a tad more sympathetic. Poor Meowoof.
Table food bad for kitties! Isn’t it Meowoof? Especially chocolate.

Wow. How do you do this, making my eyes go wet like that? (Well, perhaps not quite like that...
Well, If I cried when I wrote it… Well, I figured at least one of you ought to have a few tears.

K'al behaves like an *** ****. I hope he doesn't have the means to force Los into a relationship of any sort.
Oh, he does. Believe me he does.

Perhaps Kal senior might intervene? Or offer Los to stay permanently. Or something.
We’ll see….

Oh, my! These little episodes are just ... so .. Cat. The way she was in the series. A pity seh didn't last longer, or we might have seen scenes like these in the flesh. Will you write some of those? You certainly don't lack in inspiration.
That might make a cute little vignette. I’ll do it if I can find the time.

Wow! Can I have him? Please? (Okay just kidding. That's really bunny-ish. And can't have lasted too long. So, where's the fun?)
Well, hey. They were newlyweds. And one of them was totally new at the whole thing. The other one hadn’t had any in a while. Just like teenagers….

“The girls. They’re twins? Your daughters?” Clark nodded. Amanda rubbed her chin. “Hmm…” She thought a moment, then said, “I can find my way out.”
Figured something out about flying sprites? Good. Very good. Should make her aware of the whole family.
Hehehe… Maybe. Could be. She knows about Clark. Maybe not…

Nice costume! And I really like the fact that she sports the Batsymbol - even if it's only small. IUt's a nice touch.
I thought so.

WHOA! That's a WHAM! Ah, so that's what Los referred to when he claimed that Ching was not honorable. I guess it is good for Los, at least. He might find it easier to get involved with Mari that way. Who is going to stop him now?
Hey… It came about because of *your* other suggestion.

Thanks, Lara!!

Nancy, that conversation with Mari, Los, Clark and MM - it's *priceless*. Every time I think "This is too funny", the next sentence right below is even better. I absolutely love it! You deserve a really big star for that one, I'm grinning from ear to ear.
Thanks!! J’on J’onzz was in a playful mood, eh?

(on that note... I cannot WAIT to get out of here this afternoon - I'm going straight to the DVD store and probably spending a fortune. You can pretty much be assured that the second I get home I'll have Superman Returns playing *and* a stupid grin on my face!!)
Yes, I hope it’s not too much. The four disk Superman (aka Chris Reeve) set will have to wait…. (I just bought Seasons 2, 3, and 4 of LnC. I would have bought Season 1 if they’d had it.)

Too bad for Batman that he wears black, cause someone else comes first in that category, too. *lol*
Oh? Who would that be? One of *my* heroes, maybe?

Dang, girl! You had me all smily and I forgot there was a WHAM and now I've got tears in my eyes. Mind you, it means that part of the story is powerful and moving, so that's a good thing. Where are the damned Kleenex?
Thanks! I figured since I usually do waffy, that I’d better put that wham warning in there. As I said above, I cried when I wrote it.

I love that you put in a little mystery here and there. It's fun! I really enjoy trying to figure out what's up and what it means. I know I'll get a big kick out of finding out what that one is about.
I’m glad you like my little mysteries.

[...]turn them into evil Cylons
Who are you brining in next? (Hopefully not Chewbacca. LOL!)
Well, I figured since there have been two different Battlestar Galactica series they’d surely seen one of them.

Thanks, guys!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#34691 11/28/06 09:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Too bad for Batman that he wears black, cause someone else comes first in that category, too. *lol*
Oh? Who would that be? One of *my* heroes, maybe?
This is starting to feel like a classic "are you thinking what I'm thinking". LOL! Who do you think I meant? Huh? Huh? (or rather, who would YOU have as #1 on that list?)

You know Mister Spock is an old favorite of mine, so I won't object if he visits the Kents in a later chapter, Nancy!
Ann... I'm starting to wonder if you're my virtual twin. wink I've yet to find something that I like which you don't end up stating you like as well. *lol*

#34692 11/28/06 12:38 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, my, I come back and Ann’s post showed up before mine did. Makes me look like I was ignoring you. Yikes. Thanks so much for your post!!

Nancy, I think your story must have the best "family feeling" ever of all LNC fanfics. In Clark's big, happy, generous family, everyone is important and everyone counts.
Thanks so much. Now if more people would just read it…

But there is one person who is not there in Clark's family, and who I, the world's greatest Lois fan, always miss so bitterly.
I know.

Well, I think Lois was unbelievably brave, considering she knew about her own impending death but managed to be a bright and happy center for her family all the same, concealing the truth of her looming demise while she was making preparations to help her children get on without her.
Yes, she was. I saw a news show years ago about a lady who knew she was dying. She made loads of videos for her kids. That’s where the idea came from.

Oh, oh, oh. How could it ever be a child's fault that his or her mother died while giving birth to this child? It can't ever be the baby's fault. It's not as if the baby asked to come into existence.
No, of course not, but the child might certainly feel that way.

So many things were fascinating in this chapter. I like Los more and more, and at the same time I like K'al less and less.
This has been my intent all along. K’al was raised to be the leader of NK. He is hard and tough.

A young man whom I like more and more is Jon. I love the fact that he is a good singer, and that he would care so much for his little sister that he would comfort her by writing a song for her. I was so shocked when he started bleeding so badly. I don't really think that anything truly bad will happen to him - I think that is the rule of your story, Lois is dead but no one else will die - so he will obviously survive, though it's not absolutely certain he will not suffer any ill effects afterwards.
Yes, but you are very observant. I’m planning something, but I’m not saying what. And yes, I like that bit about Jon letting Lara help him write a song about Tebby, too.

This is starting to feel like a classic "are you thinking what I'm thinking". LOL! Who do you think I meant? Huh? Huh? (or rather, who would YOU have as #1 on that list?)
Well, Lara (NO,NO. this is supposed to LOS), Jon and Zared both wear black. And I’ve established that they both look an awful lot like their daddy. Then there’s Los (and K'al), but they look more like a mix of Zara and Clark - mostly Zara. (And believe when I say that. If you have ever seen a pic of Justine Bateman's brother, you'd know what I mean. I'll see if I can find one.)

Well, guys if Mr. Spock shows up, well… that might be interesting. Maybe I’ll let Leonard Nimoy come visit instead.

#34693 11/28/06 12:51 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
[Linked Image]

Okay, I got a pic of her to post. Don't want to lose it. Now if I could just get the other one to work.

[Linked Image]

Okay, there we go. Couldn't get them side by side, but you can still see how much they look alike. They looked even more alike when they were younger.

#34694 11/28/06 01:05 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Deleted. (It was pretty much the same as the previous post, but it was too big, so you didn't miss anything. rotflol )

#34695 11/28/06 01:25 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#34696 11/28/06 02:28 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Maria!!

OMG! Beautiful and sad.
Thanks so much!!

Why is Amanda concern?
I'm not telling yet or even hinting.

Was Drull one of Nor's bodyguard? Was he noble?
Drull was the blond in the NK arc. He was one of Nor's lieutenants. I'm not sure they ever said whether he was noble or not, but I doubt it since he was never called 'Lord'.

Ching was a surprise.

That is why Los said that Ching was not an honorable man?
Yes, Ching was a surprise. And yes, that's what Los meant.

That was definitely a twist...

#34697 11/28/06 04:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, Lara, Jon and Zared both wear black. And I’ve established that they both look an awful lot like their daddy. Then there’s Los (and K'al), but they look more like a mix of Zara and Clark - mostly Zara. (And believe when I say that. If you have ever seen a pic of Justine Bateman's brother, you'd know what I mean. I'll see if I can find one.)
Oh, yeah - he's a cutie, isn't he? smile
I was thinking Zared, when I said that. Cause since he looks like Clark and Clark looks to *die for* in black, well....

Well, guys if Mr. Spock shows up, well… that might be interesting. Maybe I’ll let Leonard Nimoy come visit instead.
So long as you leave William Shatner out of it - cause he usually gets the girl and... well, we don't want THAT, do we? wink

#34698 11/28/06 04:25 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I guess you figured out that 'Lara' was supposed to be 'Los' here.

And yes, I did say that Zared looks so much like Clark that in a few years it will be hard to tell them apart, so considering that... Yes, they look pretty darn good in black.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard