Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! smile1

<<It’s a very nice shop. It belongs to one of my patients - she sells stationery, candles, jewelry, and house wares, as well as various gourmet baskets. She also sells online, I believe. I was in there just the other day. She has an exclusive line called Circle of Friends - very elegant but understated. The nicest piece is a votive candleholder – a circlet of silver figures standing arm in arm, in a brushed finish. They’re facing inward, and each has a heart on its chest. What do you think?>>

It sounded perfect. “Thank you, Ellen,” she said gratefully. “It sounds perfect.”
I'm intrigue. eek

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Good part, Janet. For me, the most interesting things in it happened in the B-plot department:

As he spoke, she *felt* the wave of warmth and reassurance settle over her like a blanket, and her fear receded as wonder took its place.

<Clark?> She stared at him.

<It’s okay, love.>

<You’re… *thinking* to me.> She saw his slow smile. “How are you doing that?” she whispered. “Neither one of us is laughing… <But I can… hear you. Feel you.>
How interesting. It has already been established that Lois and Clark can "hear" one another telepathically when they are happy and laughing. Now, it turns out that feelings of warmth and reassurance between them also sets the telepathy going.

It's lovely to think tha this is an aspect of what it means to be Kryptonian. You become telepathically connected with others when you are happy and laughing together, or when you are honestly, confidently reassuring another person. Or does this just work between couples who are joined together, destined to marry one another? Is this an aspect of married (including pre-married) bliss? The man and the woman who are meant for each other can communicate so deeply with one another, providing they are happy together or comforting one another?

If this is how the Kryptonian telepathy works, then it's absolutely beautiful. Of course, this kind of mental communication is not similarly useful in emergencies. So far, it hasn't seemed possible for Lois to call Clark telepathically when she has been worried or scared.

Another thing I really liked about this chapter was how Lois called Ellen to get some advice about what to buy for Martha. And then Lois ended up telling Ellen about Clark. I like it. If Lois and Clark are going to be really together - if they are going to have more togetherness than happy evenings watching movies in each other's company - then their relationship has to become more official. Telling Ellen about it is certainly a good start!

Ann

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard