Print Thread
#34533 11/24/06 08:25 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
I like this start.

So if I understand Luthor was not foiled and Lois is marrying him. Clearly Clark has never met Lois and does not know Luthor is a bad guy.

Annd there no Superman in sight!

180, nice start.

clap

Framework4
#34534 11/24/06 08:58 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am really digging this story! So I am gathering that Clark was somehow framed and is now on the run. Poor Jack... I think I am going to like that character a lot. I hope he ends up teaming up with Clark and realizes he isn't the bad guy. smile

Oh... I can't wait for more!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#34535 11/25/06 04:26 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really nice beginning!!! So I guess Jack is Jack Olsen, isn't he? Having a son called Jimmy...
I'm curious how Lois will get into Clark's life. This has a bit of The Pretender, a series I liked very much. And will Clark stop the wedding between Luthor and Lois? At least he will know that Luthor as evil as soon as he realizes taht Lex made him a fugative in the first place. This holds very much potential. Can't wait to read more. thumbsup

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#34536 11/25/06 06:07 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Surely that man with Lex isn't Clark.

Clark certainly does have a lot of info on Jack. I wonder if they are going to have a psuedo-relationship like in the movie Catch Me If You Can.

A smaller sidebar was titled “Lex Luthor to Wed Daily Planet Reporter.”
I love, love, how you just slide this in so innocently.

Clark grimaced at the memory of what had been going on five years ago
Well, are you going to tell us???

Clark certainly doesn't seem to be overly concerned by his criminal status. I am dying to know what he did!

I'm hooked; I want more!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#34537 11/27/06 12:14 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Mrs. Mosley wrote:
Clark certainly doesn't seem to be overly concerned by his criminal status. I am dying to know what he did!
Wait, now, we don't know that Clark is a criminal. Maybe the agency that couldn't find him and gave up the case was Bureau 39. Maybe Clark was falsely accused of something horrible and he's merely wanted for something he didn't do.

And maybe he did do something bad, although my inclination is that he's not guilty of a crime (in this story, anyway).

And who was this mysterious stranger meeting Lex Luthor four years in the future? If it wasn't Clark, who else could it have been? And what is he offering to "liberate" for Luthor?

At least we know what Clark's been doing for all this time. With his special abilities (which Jack apparently doesn't know about), there's almost no way anyone could catch him, not even Tommy Lee Jones in his role as Marshal Gerrard from 'The Fugitive.'

Which is yet another reference to pop culture. Is Clark closer to Richard Kimble than to Jarod? Or are we going on a completely separate trail here? Does Clark have anyone else he can hide out with in the US? And how does he live and work in Cuba? Is Castro gone in this universe, or perhaps the revolution simply failed?

We still have far more questions than answers. Come back, katey! Our hunger for such an interesting premise has not been sated by the brief snippets you've already shared. More! More! More!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#34538 11/27/06 06:21 PM
Blogger
Blogger
This has a bit of The Pretender, a series I liked very much.
Actually, I have never seen The Pretender. I was thinking about Doctor Kimble though....

least he will know that Luthor as evil as soon as he realizes taht Lex made him a fugative in the first place.
Who said he will realize? evil

Nope not apologizing.

"I don't know Mom; it's a bomb stain." -Clark Kent

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard