Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34289 11/14/06 11:12 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This chapter of A New Hero Chapter 35 is dedicated to Marcus Rowland.

In this thread: Help, Need Some Suggestions Marcus suggested I call Zared Ultra Man. I chose not to name Zared that, but I knew that I could give that name to Los or K'al, so I'm using it now.

This is what Marcus said:
He could call himself "Ultra-Man", then confuse everyone by saying he isn't Ultra-Woman's son!
There is also another thread with pics of Zared (FireWind) and Jon (Steel LIghtning). I'm not sure all of my readers have seen them. I also have some pics of the flying Sprites that I'll post soon. And by the way, thanks again, Lara Moon, for naming FireWind! Here's the thread with the pics: I Need Help

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#34290 11/15/06 02:48 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oh man.. pictures... oops. As soon as I get half a second to think again, I promise I'll finish the ones I started. (currently living in the world of "is it Wednesday already?" - if you see what I mean...)

I don't have time to leave anything remotely close to good feedback, but I did read through this part and I'm glad that it shed some light on a few little mysteries. smile I'll come back and leave some "real" comments later on.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#34291 11/15/06 05:50 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, Lara. Did you see my answer in the feedback for Part 34?

And call me a ninny, would ya?

I decided to put the Ultra Man bit in the next chapter instead of this one. I guess that's what happens when I'm half asleep... Duh...

#34292 11/15/06 06:35 AM
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nancy,

This episode is both movingly and careingly written.

Poor Jon, he does feel rotten! Thank Goodness for Caitlyn and Los!

Its a nice short reflective episode. and plenty of "evily good" cliffhangers.

Looking forward to more when you can. I'm also looking forward to learning who becomes Ultra Man.

Regards,
wave
Stuart

PS - apologies for any spellings or typos - I'm still chasing my tail! What i really need is a lot of loving from Meowoof. She sounds just the perfect cat not to set off my asthma.

#34293 11/15/06 06:38 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Nancy, I read and liked this chapter. I think it's really interesting that you have given Jon a Kryptonian disease (or condition?), a problem which runs in the House of El and which has already forced K'al to have surgery, and will eventually force Los to go under the knife, too.

However, I have to tell you that I'm feeling increasingly exhausted, and things are just piling up and up at school. Up until now, I've tried to write feedback on most stories, and often rather detailed feedback, too. I feel I can't do that anymore, because right now I can't allow writing LNC feedback to turn into an obligation.

Please understand, Nancy. I promise I will keep reading your story.

Ann

#34294 11/15/06 08:55 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, I've read this part this morning already, but I didn't have the time left to offer my praise ... uh, opinion. It does hav one big advantage: I've got a good reason to read it all over again. So, let's start...

Clark nodded. “The last time he was sick, it was pretty awful for him. It was pretty awful for me, too. Lois had just...” He swallowed hard. “...died, and she just always seemed to know what to do to make it easier for him. I... just... didn’t do as well. He wanted his mom. And I… wanted her to be there, too.” He shook his head sadly.
Seems like Clark is recovering from mourning Lois. After all, he is finally able to talk about it. I think that it's a good thing. And it makes me like Caitlyn even more.

Los pursed his lips and asked Clark and Jon, “Does Jon… Do you have triple helix... hmm... life threads as Kryptonians do?”

Clark answered, “DNA. Yes, he does. All of the kids do.”

Los narrowed his eyes in thought. “Hmmm…” Los then held his hand up and looked at it intently as he turned it back and forth. Clark thought that odd, but he said nothing.
I can't make head or tail of this one, but I smell a mystery here!

“Oh, yes. My... what do you call it... my see-through vision seems to be working.”
Sooo cute! Can we adopt the term? See-through vision is much more accurate than X-ray vision, either way.

Hannah nodded. She frowned and brushed her hand through Jon's hair. She looked up at Los and said, “And you will assist with this surgery?”

Los answered, “Of course.”

Clark said softly, “No.”

At the same time, Caitlyn said, “You can't.”
This is going to be interesting, Caitlyn once again doing somehting she has never done before, but this time without someone to guide her...

He looked at Hannah and Los briefly but spoke to Caitlyn. “Weren't you going to draw blood on me, too?” He looked at her steadily hoping she would understand.

Caitlyn bit her lip, realizing what Clark was thinking. She'd told him she was going to wait to draw blood til later in the week. She supposed she could draw it today though. She closed her eyes tightly and nodded. She softly said, “Yes.”
What a dad! He's really great. And I like that Caitlyn does play along. Seems she has it in her, too.

Jon laughed, “Yes, I remember that. We really ribbed dad over that. So you were the lucky lady. And I take it your sister is rich.”

Caitlyn smiled. “Yes. And yes.
drool

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#34295 11/15/06 10:19 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I haven't been following this very closely - to be honest, I find the number of characters and relationships a little confusing - but I'm glad you found my idea useful.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#34296 11/15/06 11:14 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup I like Marisol and Los.

Clark walked out and ran into his twin daughters. “Any trouble finding it?”

“No, it’s like they called to us.” Chloe smiled.

Clark nodded. “I don’t doubt it. Thanks.” He gave them both hugs. “What are you going to do the rest of the day?”
eek What do you mean "they called to us"?

Clark laughed. “Yes, fifteen year-olds can be relentlessly nagging.”
confused I thought they wore older than Zarel and Jon that already graduated and are old enough to get married?

Los blushed furiously. “Yes, many young ladies have… what do you say… thrown themselves at me.” He smiled. “But Marisol… she intrigues me. She showed interest, but she didn’t… throw herself at me.”

Clark chuckled. “I doubt she is overly taken with your ‘royal’ status.”

Los nodded. “Oh, yes, yes. Of course. I’m glad that she doesn’t.” He blushed again. “Do you know that I’ve had two young ladies sneak into my bedroom at night? And they… wanted..” He paused. “I quickly had them ejected from my room.”
Cute!

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#34297 11/15/06 07:03 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, Stuart! smile

Looking forward to more when you can. I'm also looking forward to learning who becomes Ultra Man.
Hehehe... Sneaky. grumble

I can imagine... What I didn't expect, though, is the way you prefer to talk around certain topics. Not after 'Intrusions', that is.
Well, Los is only 18 – and barely so. Even though he is a physician, he is still very young.

Maybe, I should have made this whole think nfic. I’m not sure many people would want to read about Caitlyn’s and Clark’s sexcapades though. (I think you are the only one.)

I haven't been following this very closely - to be honest, I find the number of characters and relationships a little confusing - but I'm glad you found my idea useful.
Thanks, Marcus. It’s been called a soap opera. It certainly seems to fit, but I’m having fun with it. smile

Thanks, Maria!! smile

Don't said if he will be cure after the surgery?
More in the next part, Maria.

Dose Ching mistreat them because they are Clark children and his?

They don't like Ching very much.
As I’ve said before, I didn’t like Ching, so I’ve chosen to make him a bit of a stinker. More about Ching in the next chapter.

What do you mean "they called to us"?
The globe ‘called’ to Clark in the episodes and spoke to him. I thought it logical that it may also do that with his kids. I extended it to Clark’s ship. I didn’t make it clear, but they didn’t pick up on the data orb – only the ship and the globe and then only when they got close to them.

Clark laughed. “Yes, fifteen year-olds can be relentlessly nagging.”
I thought they wore older than Zarel and Jon that already graduated and are old enough to get married?
Los had just mentioned that his second birthwife had been disgraced when he was 15, and that he had begged his mother to not make him be involved in another arranged marriage. Clark was referring to his own experience with 15 year olds and the fact that Los was 15 when this happened to him.

Los, K’al, and Zared are all the same age as they are triplets. Los and K’al are identical twins. When triplets, quadruplets, etc born the other people (babies) born at the same time are called co-twins rather than just twin. Therefore, Zared would be called a fraternal co-twin. So that means Los and K’al came about from the same fertilized egg which later split into two beings. Zared came about from a second fertilized egg.

Los and K'al seem older than Zared because on New Krypton they had to 'grow up' faster.

Jon is about nine calendar months younger than Zared. He is only 17, but is very mature for his age – much more mature than Zared. Being sick when you are young will do that to a person.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard