Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34248 11/13/06 05:03 PM
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh, this was absolutely beautiful! Such a nice slow stop after a very bumpy roller coaster ride. Thanks for the emotional swing. peep

I hope that Richard finds happiness.

Very well written. Brava! hail

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, happy endings everywhere!

I have to admit, I still haven't let Richard completely off the hook for his Kryptonite stunt earlier, BUT if my son should ever be threatened (and god help us all if I reproduce :p ), well I don't know what I would have done in Richard's situation...so I'm just keeping an open mind.

JD
who is immensely proud that she wrote a paper, designed a fake billboard, AND stayed up with fanfic. Priorities, and lots of coffee, people. goofy

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, my, I guess I really have been 'preoccupied'. I just keep missing stories. I had no idea you'd posted another story. Forgive for not having read it. I'll put it on my list!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Sheila! Thank you and I'm so glad you went on the ride with me. wink I appreciated all of your comments and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Hello Jen! Yes, all warm and waffy at the end. No more "evil DJ" in this part. Love what you wrote about Richard as well. The muse demanded it so I wrote it that way - I'm not a parent though and I'm not sure what I would do if I was in the same situation...

However, I will say that I intended it to feel like Richard wouldn't have killed him and he would have done what he could after Jason was safe, to save Superman. In that sense, it reminded me a little bit of what Clark was willing to do in "And the Answer Is..." in order to save his parents. He was willing to freeze Lois - bring her that close to death - in order to save his parents. He planned to revive her afterwards - but he wasn't sure what would happen.

Oh and brava on your time management, Jen. Glad you found time to fit my fic in there. But coffee? How about some 'Mountain Dew - Code Red' instead? laugh

Hi Nancy! I really missed you on the journey. But I knew you were busy with family matters. I'm glad you're going to put it on your list though (since you're one of the ones who requested a sequel wink ) I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks everyone!

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
“So you mean... she’s going to...”

“Stay with you, Mr. Kent?” Wells asked. He nodded his head at him and smiled.
I can only imagine what Clark must be feeling. Relief wouldn't even begin to describe it.

And the Lois and Clark from my universe? Well let’s just say that they’re expecting a very special gift to come in just a few more months."
Yea!

She could just see a cute brown-haired, brown-eyed little boy in a blue, collared Polo shirt, with tan dress khakis and a tiny pair of loafers. He would be the best-dressed kid on the block.
Is their kid going to be Alex P. Keaton? Seriously though, he does sound adorable.

Ms. Lane, or perhaps it should be Mrs. Kent – but he would always think of her as Ms. Lane –
Us, too, Wells.

Such a nice story, DJ. I really enjoyed it!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Features Writer
Features Writer
I still feel for Richard (he would end up with the short end of the stick no matter what), but this is a good way for Lois to realize the depth of her feelings for Clark and for them to get their relationship back on track.

And hell yeah on him handing Superman over on a platter if Jason was threatened. I'd be outraged if he didn't.

Anyway good job DJ, this brings closure quite nicely.

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Clark wasn’t sure exactly when he’d fallen asleep, but the sound of someone clearing their throat brought him out of his peaceful slumber.

He was mildly irritated – he had been dreaming about Lois.

When he opened his eyes, he was surprised to see the older gentleman standing respectfully at the foot of his bed. He was the last person Clark would have expected to see when he woke up.

The fact that he was here made Clark a little nervous.

“Mr. Wells? What are you doing here? What’s happened? Where’s Lois?” he asked nervously.
And so begins the Wells theme of this chapter! wink

“What about the other Loises and Clarks? How are they?” he asked anxiously. “Especially the ones from your universe?”

Mr. Wells smiled indulgently at him. “The Clark who resembles you is doing fine. He and his Lois are starting over and taking things very slow, but they are doing well.
:rolleyes: (Well, considering how I feel about Super Chrisman's treatment of Lois....)

The Clark from my alternate universe is as happy as I’ve ever seen him. He and his Lois are talking of marriage and she is back working for the Daily Planet, ambitious as ever.”
drool

But...

“Wait... wait, Clark.”
She doesn't want to?

“Oh, god, Clark. I want this. But not here. Not like this. This is Richard’s house, too, and I don’t know when he’s going to be back. I just can’t...”

And with those words, Clark came back to his senses. Of course they shouldn’t... not here. He hadn’t been thinking. “I’m sorry. I was...”

She put one finger up to his lips to silence him and raised her eyebrows suggestively. “There’s always the arctic.”
Ah! Good thinking, Lois.

Okay, back to LnC-universe....

But when she opened the door and looked outside, the sight that met her eyes caused her breath to catch.

Clark must have heard her. “Honey? Is everything okay?”

“Come here, Clark, hurry,” she told him excitedly.

As he came towards her, she pulled a baby bassinet inside through the doorway. “Look! There’s a note from Mr. Wells!”
And they have just received a baby bassinet from Mr Wells!

“So that’s who had been trying to interrupt us earlier,” he observed, glancing down at the note.

She looked back down at the charming old bassinet and smiled at the beauty of Wells’ gift, feeling a little guilty about not answering the door earlier.

They should have known *he* was the one who had been trying to interrupt.
clap

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Lisa. So sorry I'm so tardy in replying to everyone's lovely fdk. I got my Season 4 DVD's and well... umm... I've been a little busy. blush

Alex P. Keaton? WOW! That brings back memories. laugh

Thank you for the fdk Lisa and I'm so glad you enjoyed the story. I hope everyone felt I did a plausible job. The writers of SR didn't leave me much room to play with. wink

Hello Alcyone! Yes, I also feel bad for Richard. But here's the thing - even if I wanted Richard to end up with Lois (sorry, but I don't - in my world she always ends up with Superman) how fair would that be to him either? Lois is obviously still in love with Superman. How fair would it be to have him marry someone who wasn't completely in love with him?

Glad you agree with Richard's decision on how far to go to protect (what he thought was) his child. It was a fine line to walk. In Richard's own mind I think he fully expected to try and save Superman, after the fact, but most important to him at that moment was to save Jason.

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Hi Ann! Yes, you knew I'd have to bring Wells back, didn't you? After all, he was sort of the accidental hero in Supermen United. Ahhh, Wells...

Oh, and I gave you your pregnancy (does this mean you love me? Hee hee...)

I absolutely love how this echoes the rainy proposal scene from the TV show!
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed that. I really felt like our couple allow themselves to be interrupted far too often - it wasn't going to happen this time. laugh

Yes, I still feel sorry for Richard too - but he's a great guy and has a lot to offer a woman - I'm sure he'll find someone.

I'm glad you liked the ending (even if there was a little more...) Of course they should have realized it was Wells interrrupting them (or as Sue said in her beta - it would only be Wells or Jimmy. laugh )

I do hope everyone noticed at the very end though the part about Wells looking at his shiny new pocket watch - remember Tempus ruined his other one - poor guy.

And Laura! Hi there. I'm glad you enjoyed the story and thanks for the fdk.

Thank you everyone who came along on this ride and gave me fdk either here or in private. I enjoyed every last comment.

<DJ - who is now ready to sign off and go back to her DVDs - but don't worry, she's still doing a little writing on the side. Still has a touch of writer's block on New Misgivings - but her muse brought her a BRAND NEW story...>

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“You know, I thought I read that a woman’s sex drive slowed down a little after they got pregnant,”
Hah! Don't bet on it, Clark.

“Well, it’s not going to interrupt today.” He leaned again into her stomach, his tongue taking a taste of her belly button.
I laughed and all I could think of was belly button lint… rotflol

He pulled the breathing tubes out of his nose, taking a few tentative breaths of normal air. He then pulled the monitoring pads off his body and the blood pressure/heart monitor off the end of his finger.
Nursy friend says… pulled the oxygen cannula out of his nose. And the thing on the finger, while it does check a heart rate, has the primary function of checking the oxygen level in one's blood. (Of course you had no way to know that..)

the blue one mirroring the waves of a tempestuous sea, and the brown one betraying her sweet intensity.
Oh, wow, does Kate whatshername have two different eye colors?

Great story, DJ.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Nancy! Wow! I can't believe you read it all the way through today!

Thanks so much for the fdk - not just on this part but on all of them. That was so kind of you. I'm really glad you enjoyed it. As I told you at one point, you're one of the people I wrote it for - since you requested a sequel.

Oh, and belly button lint? That almost made me snort. Well it was morning time and they had both just showered, getting ready for work, so hopefully there was no belly button lint. wink

And yes, Kate Bosworth has 2 different eye colors (at least in SR she does) one brown and one blue eye. At first I thought I was seeing things, but the next time I saw the movie I was like - nope, they're different. I just couldn't pass up slipping that into my description.

Thank you again!

-- MR angel-devil

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/me takes a peep notworthy Thank you for sharing it. I'm waiting your next one. Even if I haven't time to write FDK, I always find time to read it.

Andreia wink

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Andreia! Sorry it took *me* so long to say thank you. I love your little guy with the sack over his head. Too cute!

Glad you liked it. And "Wells Interruptus" - hah! That's priceless!!!

An epilogue?! An epilogue to an epilogue? laugh No promises, but I'll think about it. Yeah, I'm writing New Misgivings still - stuck at the moment. I'm also writing a new story called "50 First Revelations".

So I promise I'm still writing, and there will be a next one... I'm just having a little writer's block right now... my vid muse came back and stayed with me for a little while too. wink

But thank you for the fdk and I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

-- MR angel-devil

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was missing you, DJ! Wondering where had you gone. [Linked Image] Glad you're back - and still writing! hyper I'm eagerly waiting "New Misgivings". And "50 First Revelations" sounds interesting. wink I hope your writing muse get in action soon. [Linked Image] Boards are very slow... Mainly nfic folder <hint, hint> [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
DJ, I finally gave up on giving you a FDK for every chapter on this one. I just knew it wasn't going to happen and that if I wanted to finish this one before your next story came out that I should just buckle down and read it now.

So, I did today. I have to say that it isn't quite how I expected things to turn out but that I think you did a wonderful job with your story. I'm not sure how I feel about your Richard characterization in this one, but it wasn't so much that I couldn't enjoy the story.

I loved that you gave us closure on the Superman United story however and that all is well in our respected universes. smile I'm sure they all have a lot of trials for the future but at least they will do them together.

Thank you so much DJ for sharing another wonderful story with us!!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just realized I hadn't responded to this jojo. <bad DJ bad>

Thanks for the fdk. You know, that's the problem with doing characterizations for a brand new character -- not enough is known about them to really "branch" off in unknown directions.

I don't know why, but for some reason I just have this feeling that the Richard we saw in Superman Returns is going to change somewhat in the next movie.

<shrugs> But I've been wrong before...

Thanks for the fdk and I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!!

-- MR angel-devil

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've been meaning to read this for weeks! I'm SO sorry I didn't manage to get around to it before now (I was stuck in NaNoWriMo mode and going out of my mind with work at the same time... aaaack! *lol*).

I've read the whole thing in one sitting... Once I started reading I just couldn't help myself. wink

I'm so glad that you wrote this sequel to Supermen United -- which I loved, btw! -- I'm happy we got to know how things went with Lois & Clark from the SR universe. smile

Thank you! I had a wonderful time reading this. I'm just real sorry I didn't get around to it before tonight.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lara! I totally missed this bit of fdk from you! Ack!

Thank you so much! I knew you had been busy with your writing.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the fdk!

-- MR angel-devil

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard