Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
DJ! what are you doing posting chapters at one in the morning when I am too tired to give proper FDK! Great chapter, but I am about to fall out of my chair, more in the morning.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another good installment.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Jeeze DJ, I haven't even had time to FDK the first one! lol

*jojo who knew this was coming out today and really has no right to complain*

I am at work though... and I do love to slack off there so hopefully I can catch up soon. ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Lisa! Well in all fairness it was only midnight where I live. Hee hee.

Thank you James! I appreciate the fdk!

Jojo - you slacker wink And yes you did know it was coming today... and even if you didn't, would you have complained anyway? laugh

Ahhh, the promise of more fdk... what a nice way to start the afternoon. goofy

I look forward to it! Thanks everyone!

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Looks like everybody is chiming in just to say they have no time to give feedback, hmm? And wouldn't you know that I have so little time now, it should be illegal! frown

I think Lois is too forgiving and grateful for nothing here, though:

They were all going back to their current times and universes and things were being left exactly as they were.

Which was fine with her. That meant she got to keep the knowledge she had gained.

That meant she got to remember who Superman was.
Wow!!!! Me am so grateful. Me have memory stolen from me, then me have memory restored, now me get to keep memory. Me am so grateful.

She rolled her eyes. Every time she actually tried to let him pick what he wanted to eat for dinner, his answer was always the same – macaroni and cheese. She hated to let him eat just that. She never had time to make it from scratch and the kind from the box was so nutritionally void of anything healthy.
Oh, how typical. So many five-to-six-year-olds - boys especially, in my experience - seem to have decided that they will only eat one kind of food. I've known two little boys who wouldn't eat anything but mashed potatoes and meat balls.

And I'm sorry to quote a part of the last paragraph again, but I love the observation that follows it:

the kind from the box was so nutritionally void of anything healthy.

That was probably why he loved it.
Isn't that so true? goofy

“Okay,” she conceded this time. “But we’re going to do some broccoli too.”
Broccoli!!! Poor boy!!! mecry

“I’m sorry I couldn’t be honest with you last night, and I’m even more sorry to say this to you now but... please don’t ask me again. Not yet. I know you’ve been patient with me, more than patient, you’ve been a saint. But please, don’t push this. Be that patient man with me again. Let me figure this out... Please?”

He dropped his head and nodded it slightly. “Okay, Lois, okay. I’m going to bed. Try to get some sleep tonight, all right? You’ve had a rough day.” He kissed her lips softly and she felt tears trying to start in the corners of her eyes.

Richard was an amazing man. She didn’t deserve him.
Poor, poor Richard.

Clark looked down on the sleeping form of his son. He watched as his little chest rose and fell, soft sounds and snores escaping from his small lips. He could see Jason’s eyes moving rapidly behind his eyelids.

He was dreaming.

Clark reached out and smoothed a sweat-streaked piece of hair from his son’s forehead. He rubbed the back of his finger softly against Jason’s cheek. He was amazed at how soft the skin felt. There was a sweetness to it that caught him in his chest and threatened to steal his breath.

This was his son. His and Lois’s. They had created this miraculous life.

It almost scared him to look down on this small, seemingly fragile life. He was amazed that even though he hadn’t known about his son for very long, he was bound to him in a way that he couldn’t even explain. Jason was something more precious to him than anyone or anything he’d ever known before.
Sorry to quote all of this, but it is just wonderful. Whatever Clark may have done, whatever we may blame him for, we can't doubt his love for Jason.

He watched with trepidation as she came over to him, a swell of emotions flowing through him. He felt so torn over his feelings for her, his heart and mind divided between just wanting her to be happy, whatever she might decide, and just... wanting her.
This is brilliant too, DJ. Clark is torn between wanting to see Lois happy, and just wanting her.

She gently put her arms through his and around his back and gave him a tender hug. “Goodnight... Clark,” she whispered softly into his ear. She held the embrace for a few moments before finally releasing him and stepping away.
I love the embrace she is giving him.

She was still in Jason’s room, gazing down fondly on him. But after a few moments she left, heading in the direction of the master bedroom.

Clark really knew he should look away. Hell, he *wanted* to look away. But there was just something that wouldn’t let him. He remembered a friend from school telling him one time that he hated to see car accidents, and yet, for some reason, he felt compelled to look at the damage and carnage – as he’d called it.

He just couldn’t look away.
There is something scary about this. What if Lois had gone to Richard and offered him some make-up sex? Not that I think she would have done it, but what if? Would Clark have been watching?

That’s how Clark felt now. He watched with his breath held tightly as Lois approached her bedroom door.

Please, Lois.

Don’t.
Again, brilliantly written, DJ. You made me hold my breath, too.

He was about to turn away, to fly away, when he noticed her hesitate. She paused just before the doorway and peered inside, looking troubled and maybe a little downhearted. She stood there for a long while and then she finally walked passed the doorway, headed back downstairs towards her study.

She sat down once more at her computer. A funny little smirk came across her face and she began to type.

Her smile intensified the longer she typed and Clark felt himself smile.

She had found her way.
Well, it appears that Lois has made an important decision, which seems to mean that she doesn't want Richard to be a part of her life any more. Of course, I may be reading far too much into her decision not to go to Richard and sleep next to him at this moment.

This is such a painful situation, DJ. I'm so curious about how you will resolve it.

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Another great installment! I feel really sorry for Richard but it's only natural to want Lois and Clark together, the only place that either of them will be happy.

Keep it coming. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I barely wrote FDK for part 1 and part 2 was posted. It was fast! The scheduling is perfect! laugh

After delivering Tempus to the peacekeepers, Mr. Wells had made a quick jaunt into each their futures to check on things. When he’d come back, he explained quite adamantly that nothing should be tampered with. They were all going back to their current times and universes and things were being left exactly as they were.
Lucky Wells. He's the only that knows where all of this is going. Besides DJ, of course. razz

The disappointment she heard in his voice irritated her – she hadn’t *done* anything. Well that wasn’t exactly true... she had almost told Superman that she loved him.

Almost...

But she hadn’t. Wasn’t that the important thing?
Not. The important thing is being honest. With everybody. grumble

“Why can’t you just be honest with me? That’s all I’m asking for. I’m just asking for you to be honest.”
Told you.

Because she didn’t want to admit the truth. She didn’t want to admit that she was still in love with the man who had managed to hurt her more deeply than any other man she’d ever known. What did that say about her? About her character? Her strength? It shot her whole perceived persona of herself to hell.
And what don't-say-the-truth says about her? Is that fair?

How did Richard expect her to tell him the truth when she wasn’t ready to admit it to herself? Why couldn’t he just give her some time to figure things out?
Hello! Honey! He has given you over five years! grumble

More difficult? Actually, if she was planning to stay together with Richard, didn’t Jason make things *easier*? Clark couldn’t fault her for wanting to stay together with Richard for Jason’s sake.
Duh!!!!!! hyper

Andreia [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ann bless your little heart... I know you're busy right now and look at the time you took to give me all this lovely fdk...

“Okay,” she conceded this time. “But we’re going to do some broccoli too.”

--------------------------------

Broccoli!!! Poor boy!!!
Hee hee. Yes, I seem to be one of the few weird children who actually liked broccoli. goofy

What an image you put in my mind, DJ. I can see them all
Oh good. You know that's always what I'm reaching for... that you'll be able to see the scene in your mind's eye...

--------------------------------
She began to type again and he focused in on the words she was typing. ‘Why Lois Lane Needs Superman...’ He could see her chest rise and fall as a soft sigh escaped her lips.

---------------------------------

He got to see more than he bargained for, didn't he?
Hah! Sue said the same thing... actually if I remember, she implied that Lois was writing nfic - especially since she closed the doc down so fast when Richard came in.

But the big fight they had had the night before was positively harrowing, and very well written.
Thank you. I'm ecstatic that you think it was "well written" because a good argument is difficult to write. I didn't realize that until I was writing one for New Misgivings... I rewrote and changed the thing like 3 times before I was happy with it.

I'm not going to quote much from their fight, but the way you wrote it was hauntingly, harrowingly brilliant. And I simply have to quote this:
Hauntingly, harrowingly brilliant... WOW. Ann thank you, again...

Richard is a wonderful guy, and yet I'm sure hardly any of us want to see him end up with Lois.
Yes, he is a wonderful guy... and that's why I wanted to do my best to give this story justice because I personally am going to be peeved if the writers just "off him" and take the easy way out to get him out of the picture.

You all might not like how my story goes... (hopefully you will) but I can say that I at least "tried" not to take the easy way out. wink

Would Clark have been watching?
I imagine if it had come to that, that Clark would've looked away, if for no other reason - it would have been to painful to watch...

Again, brilliantly written, DJ. You made me hold my breath, too.
Yeah, Ann held her breath too... but you know if you don't quit saying brilliant, I might get a big head. blush You have permission to smack me if I do... but seriously, thank you so much Ann. Wow.

This is such a painful situation, DJ. I'm so curious about how you will resolve it.
Hmm, well hopefully to the satisfaction of my readers. Keep those seatbelts fastened... it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Hi Sheila! Thanks so much for the fdk and comments. Yes, I think I'm with you... I think (at least in my fantasy world) that Lois could only ever be truly happy with Clark/Superman. <waffy sigh> Glad you're enjoying it. I'll try to have part 3 out sometime tomorrow.

Andreia!

Lucky Wells. He's the only that knows where all of this is going. Besides DJ, of course.
Yes, and I don't bribe easily... laugh

Oh my goodness, your little hard-body icon totally cracked me up. That was so cute!

And has something ever been easy in this story?
Ahem, I'll take that as a compliment. dizzy

Hello! Honey! He has given you over five years! How much time you need exactly? More five years? Duh!
I know! Sheesh!

Duh!!!!!! She forgot her brain in the other universe.
lol Ha ha ha! I totally LOL at this.

/me is curious. What way?
She found her voice, or her vision of what her story should be... and maybe a little of what Ann said too... maybe subconsciously she found her way too... maybe... only maybe angel-devil

Oh thank you all so much. Unfortunately I'm trying to get sick - sore throat, low grade fever, body aches. So all this fdk really made my night.

<DJ tries to look at being sick in a positive way - maybe I'll get to stay home tomorrow and I can work on New Misgivings...>

Thanks everyone!!! -- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yes, he is a wonderful guy... and that's why I wanted to do my best to give this story justice because I personally am going to be peeved if the writers just "off him" and take the easy way out to get him out of the picture.

You all might not like how my story goes... (hopefully you will) but I can say that I at least "tried" not to take the easy way out
Argh, I shouldn't be at the computer, but I can't help but sympathize with the sentiment. He is a good guy and the movie dug itself in a big hole when it put him in there (with no easy solution). However, I think that in this fic, just Lois having strong feelings for Clark/Superman necesitates that she leave him--this Lois doesn't seem the type to stay with him out of duty. Hmm. I bet Richard's going to make the decision for her...it's the last nice thing he can do for her (and he already knows that Lois is thinking about another guy, how much of that will he be willing to take?). Very martyr-like to give her up for her own happiness and that way she doesn't have to feel quite so guilty.

But if ends being up to Lois and she does end up approaching him and breaking it off--I will appreciate the massive amounts of suffering both parties will go through, Lois with the guilt and Richard with the actual loss.

Definitely looking forward to seeing how things unfold.

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the fdk Alcyone and very interesting comments, too, btw...

I hope I manage to live up to everyone's expectations. blush

Thanks again everyone for all the wonderful fdk... and to those of you who are still promising more... don't think I haven't forgotten. wink My muse keeps tabs you know... laugh Kidding... sort of wink

I'm home sick today (bad bad sore throat and fever, ugh, hope it's not the flu) I've been working on New Misgivings, but I thought I'd take a break and post the next installment of SD. It will be up shortly.

-- MR angel-devil

M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
He’d learned not to argue, because if he did, that would just mean he’d have to eat something worse... like asparagus.
Lois must know my mother.

Clark floated effortlessly among the wispy night clouds that hung over Lois’s house below.
Stalker Clark! But I love him anyway.

“Why can’t you just tell me the truth?” he asked, cutting her off. “Why can’t you just be honest with me?” His voice rose in frustration.
Poor Cyclops. He never gets to keep the girl. And he better not in this case, either.

But she hadn’t. Wasn’t that the important thing?
No, the important thing is that you thought it.

“No, you don’t,” she told him exasperatedly. “You want me to tell you that I don’t have any feelings for Superman anymore. That’s what you *really* want to hear. So that’s what I told you.”
That sentence says so many unhappy things about their relationship on so many levels.

What right did he have to not want her to sleep in the same bed with Richard? None. He’d been gone for five years. Absolutely not one. But that didn’t mean he had to like it, and that didn’t make it any easier in the ‘knowing about it’.
Clark as Superman always seems so calm and in control on the outside, so I like the seeing him having thoughts like this. They are normal, they make him human.

Nice chapter!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Lisa!

Stalker Clark! But I love him anyway.
Ha yes, I love him too... sorta part of "possessiveClark". wink

Poor Cyclops. He never gets to keep the girl. And he better not in this case, either.
I couldn't help but laugh at this. Poor Cyclops...

Clark as Superman always seems so calm and in control on the outside, so I like the seeing him having thoughts like this. They are normal, they make him human.
Ahhh, the advantages of reading about them instead of watching them onscreen. You get to see what they are "thinking". I could really feel his pain in the movie when he almost kisses her after they fly together. And then she tells him that he's been gone a long time and Richard's a good man. He closes his eyes briefly and I just wanted to reach through the screen and hug him.

Thanks for the fdk Lisa. Glad you're enjoying it!

-- DJ angel-devil

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part, DJ!!

He too had been very quiet on the ride home. Much more quiet than normal. He was staring out the side window and his little eyebrows were knitted together in concentration.
Bet he knows!!

Yet as much as she loved Richard, she knew she still loved Superman. She knew that to deny that, she would only be lying to herself.
Yep, you love him.

“You can’t stay. Richard would... well I don’t know what he’d do if he found you here, but it wouldn’t be good.”
Oh, my. Yes, what would happen?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard