Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
I *loved* Superman Returns (and I know that at least Genine - SuperGem - will agree with me even if no one else does!) and I have serious crush on Routh-as-Superman, so I am excited that you posted this, DJ!

Not much time for FDK, but I will say this - a) loved it (of course, I love everything you write) and b) you really made me feel the pain that they are both feeling.

Richard had taught him how to walk, but, when the time was right, Clark would teach him how to fly.
What a great zinger of an ending! Definitely leaves me wanting more.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh DJ, I'm so glad you decided to write this one! I have some real FDK for you (You know I am terrible at getting it to you on time) but I wanted to let you know how thrilled I am to see more to this. That last line of yours... well lets just say I'm still sniffing and holding back a little tear. To sweet. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Kerth
Kerth
I know it's already been quoted, but I really liked the line...
Richard had taught him how to walk, but, when the time was right, Clark would teach him how to fly.
It's so perfectly bittersweet. <sniff>

Looking forward to the rest. smile

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay...you guys are going to have to bear with me because I've just woken up to this and don't have all the facts at my fingertips yet. laugh

But I've had PMs asking why the thread has been closed, so I'll put this in now to hopefully ease the confusion.

Just before I headed off to bed last night, the admins were alerted to the fact that DJ's story was not a LNC fanfic - something that she'd pointed out herself in the author's notes in her story:

This story is not an LNC story. If your looking for an LNC story, you'll be disappointed. This is strictly told from the Superman Returns (SR) pov. I put it in this folder anyway because a. I can't put it in the original fiction folder, it's not original fiction; and, b. It is a follow-up story to the LNC fic "Supermen United". So I figured it was okay to put it in here... (unless the administrators tell me otherwise)
Unfortunately, this forum doesn't host general Superman stories. Only LNC ones. There was some discussion on this and our main concern was setting a precedent for general Superman stories to be posted here, which would result in a drift away from the purpose and remit of the forum. If DJ can post a SR fanfic here, anyone should be able to post a Smallfic fanfic, say.

We're an easy going forum and we have few rules, which we don't tend to be over-zealous in enforcing. A suggestion was made that, even though DJ's story didn't fit the remit of the forum, if people were enjoying it and no one was complaining, could we just leave it as a one off? But it was decided - a decision I agree with - that we can't let one member post a non-LNC fanfic and then expect everyone else to stick to the rules. Precedent again.

So, I'm afraid we can't allow the story to be hosted here, DJ. Sorry!

Now, I don't know why the thread has just been closed and nothing posted to say why - I'm working on that and I'm sure there's an explanation. But I'll apologise anyway for the confusion and hurt this has obviously caused. It's not the usual practice of this forum not to explain our reasons for doing something, so obviously something's gone wrong somewhere in the process. frown

ETA: I've now read from DJ that, in fact, she considers this story to be a crossover and not the non-LNC story she previously indicated it was. We'll be working on that and if the story does turn out to be within the rules after all then the threads will be unlocked.

Bear with us. Sorry for the confusion.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
DJ's asked me to post the following:

I am deeply, deeply, deeply (did I mention deeply?) sorry for all the trouble and confusion this story has generated.

I have asked LabRat to post this in the fdk thread for me so the readers (for those of you who are reading) would know what is going on.

The admins were going to review my story to see if it was eligible to be posted (once I explained that it was part of the Supermen United crossover and did have references to both it and Tempus in the story). But I have asked them to wait for now. I want to be absolutely sure that my story will fall within the guidelines of the fandom.

I do not want to be an exception to the rules. I appreciate the rules and they are there for good reason.

So I am in the middle of a rewrite. When I get the rewrite done, I'm going to have the admins take a look at it before I post any of it again.

Thank you all for your patience and for the fdk you'd already given me. I really appreciate it.

And thank you to the admins for the wonderful job they do of keeping on top of things and being so giving of their time and assistance.
I'd just like to add, as I've already said to DJ, that this is really no big deal in the grand scheme of things. No one got killed, horses didn't bolt, continents weren't flooded. laugh It was a misunderstanding all round. Hey, they happen. So don't worry about it, too much, DJ. It's just a blip. And, as it turns out, what looks like an easy blip to resolve. Which is just the kind of blip that admins really, really like. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard