Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I kept hoping the zipper would get stuck and they would just have to take it off. frown Then I remembered this was A PG story. ^_~

Great short story Sue. I'll be back later with some more FDK but work is calling to me and telling me I have to do something or they will fire me...

*grumbles* Stupid bills and mortgage needing to be paid.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, good, I was waiting for someone to start this thread...

I don't have time to say anything right now, but promise I will be back later.

I just had to say that I LOVED this story - ahhhh, as good as an old Cary Grant movie. wink

But...

A PG story, just for you.
Are you trying to get me killed? wink

-- MR angel-devil <who promises to be back later - I just have to quote a couple of favorites>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I couldn't believe when she kissed him between his shoulders. Then I remembered we were on the PG side of things.
I was wondering about the ending, did she figure out it was Clark standing in front of her? Or did she just want to piss off Cat?
I really enjoyed this, I wouldn't even mind if it was part of a long story!!

Sue

Kerth
Kerth
I was wondering about the ending, did she figure out it was Clark standing in front of her? Or did she just want to piss off Cat?
Neither. She doesn't know he's Clark. Her comments to Clark were done to explain her lack of proof to him, not to Cat. Irritating Cat is just a bonus. laugh

ETA: In answer to Darcy's question - maybe Clark wasn't saying that Lois had gotten proof of something so much as she had given Superman proof of something. <Sue repeats that last bit to herself slowly> Yeah, that's what I meant. thumbsup It's up to you to decide who proved what to who.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Cute fic. I have to wonder what question was answered by the proof she got, since Clark told Cat that she'd gotten some.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh! This story took me by surprise, I didn't know you had another up your sleeve so soon Sue! Good stuff.

please don't think it's going to contain any kind of realistic characterization or anything.
Down with realistic characterization, we need variety in the world. smile But seriously, nothing about Lois struck me as particularly off-key. While not as hard-edged as I've seen her depicted in other fics, that doesn't mean there isn't space for something like this (in fact, Lois in the series isn't as hard edged as I've seen her elsewhere). Yay variety in any case.

Lois shrugged. "There are all kinds of proof. And sometimes the question you ask isn't the question that gets answered."
My favorite line, so true. Takes it from a general would Lois seduce someone for her benefit, to can Lois seduce Superman, with its obviously more personal shading. I feel like she seems to think she can seduce him (or push a little more) by the end so there's a moralistic turn of things when she doesn't pursue things further--an "I respect your boundaries" type of thing. The whole fear of rejection thing seems absent here too, which was unexpected--unless I missed something in my admittedly cursory reading. I like that though--her desicion not to go further while knowing on some level she can push a little more definitely emphasizes Clark/Superman's vulnerability and Lois' moral fiber.

I can't believe I used "moral fiber" in a post. Ick.

All in all, a nice treat.

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
Very nice. thumbsup

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I'm back.

"At least I'm not worried about falling out of my clothes if I sneeze," Lois retorted.
I almost fell out of my chair when I read that. So funny!

"You want me to seduce Superman?" Lois was aghast.

"You don't think it can be done?" Cat raised one perfectly plucked eyebrow derisively.

Clark fought a smile. "If anyone could do it, it would be Lois."
That whole part totally cracked me up - Clark sitting there getting to hear them talking about him and about Lois seducing him. Kind of not fair that he's in on it - he's ahead of the game!

"Only if she asked him really nice," Clark added. "But I don't know that he'd let you take a picture."
Oh come on Clark, be a good sport. drool

She had only used seven pictures so far. What else was on the film? She couldn't remember. It didn't matter.
This still gets to me... argh! Curiosity will kill me one of these days! Ugh - what was on those other pictures?

She opened the camera and pulled the film out, watching it turn brown as it was exposed to the light.
Aw, man! Lois!!! We would have paid good money for those pics... did you really have to do that?

"So have you seduced Superman yet?"

"No," Lois replied without looking up.

From across the table Clark gave her a confused look.
That made me giggle.

I loved this Sue! Mmmm, what a wonderful, waffy, wistful way to end my afternoon.

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
"At least I'm not worried about falling out of my clothes if I sneeze," Lois retorted.
Ha!

"I bet Superman would just take the suit off if you asked him," Jimmy put in.

"Only if she asked him really nice," Clark added.
Great stuff! I can just see the look on Clark's face, like the cat who ate the canary.

He almost laughed. She was going to win the bet but she was going to do it without using a shred of her considerable sex appeal. She was going to babble it out of him.
I am at work, Sue, you're not supposed to make me laugh like this!

I can't believe he is actually going to do this!

Clark gasped, a cold sweat breaking out on his forehead as he realized just how close to the edge of his self-control he was.
And that's why!

"Why? What does she stand to gain by hiding the pictures?"

A smile spread across his face as he answered her. "Proof."
Does Clark mean that by not showing the photos, Lois proved that she cares for Superman?

Great story, Sue!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fun smile

"Only ugly women get upset over equal rights," Cat sniffed dismissively.
goofy Such a Cat thing to say...

As for the "proof" there at the end, I think it's proving that she's not trying to exploit Superman; he can trust her not to reveal too much.

This bit I really liked:

"Do you think you'll ever tell me where you live?"

Superman stopped walking and she had to stop abruptly and turn around. He looked almost wistful, but maybe that was the dim lighting. "I hope so. Someday."
So sweet and a little sad... nicely done!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hehehe! I love it!!!

"You want me to seduce Superman?" Lois was aghast.
rotflol
It wouldn't be *that* hard... The man's been waiting for it all his life, you know. hehehe!

"I bet Superman would just take the suit off if you asked him," Jimmy put in.

"Only if she asked him really nice," Clark added.
Really nice? Yeah, he added that for the audience, cause I'm sure in his head it went more like "As soon as she asks"... LOL

She was never going to see him without the suit.
Oh, *she* will. What bugs me is that *I* won't.
hehehehehe!

It was excellent!!!

There's just one tiny little thing... Ok, I must be very very dense. OR there isn't enough cafeine inside me... or something.... cause I don't understand the end. sad Maybe I'm just stupid. Can anyone explain it to me? you know, like you would to a five year old? wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Kerth
Kerth
Oh man! I didn't mean to confuse anyone! This is what happens when you only let four hours lapse between first getting the idea to posting. My bad.

Pam, Lisa and alcyone have the right idea. (And I'm LOL that the words "moral fiber" can be applied to a story of mine without a trace of irony.)

Lois started out frankly curious about the suit and its ability to be removed. And then she realized that she really was seducing Superman. So, like alcyone said, she backed off because she wasn't trying to seduce him solely for the sake of being able to do so. He had shown her that he was willing to trust her and show her a part of himself that no one ever sees. So she destroyed the pictures to prove to herself that the experience meant something to her - something that wasn't worth exploiting.

At the end Clark realizes the same thing.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Cute! I like that Lois decides not to use the pictures afterall.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Merriwether
Merriwether
A new Sue story!
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Originally posted by MetroRhodes:
She had only used seven pictures so far. What else was on the film? She couldn't remember. It didn't matter.
This still gets to me... argh! Curiosity will kill me one of these days! Ugh - what was on those other pictures?
SEQUEL! laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aaaaaah! makes sense. smile

oh and you know... a sequel does sound like a nice idea. laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sue, this was fantastic! *loves* My favorite passages have already been quoted, so I won't post a study in redundancy, but this was a great read. I think DJ said it best earlier -- what a "wonderful, waffy, wistful way" to end my night. smile

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
T
Blogger
Blogger
T
....my GOSH. this story was quite frankly a LOT hotter than most nfic out there. That was just brain meltingly awesome.

...I want more.

L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
HEY! GET BACK! This is just the beginning. Dang, this is too good to just be a one-of!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was GREAT!

Totally made my 'getting chased by imaginary dog' experience worthwhile to come over here since I don't have internet yet. (Such a story).

Only ugly women get upset over equal rights
HAH! Omg that is my new line.

Ahh, great story. The whole Superman encounter cut off perfectly. Just enough to torture us and lead our imaginations off into the abyss.

And Lois. She really surprised me in a good way with the whole dumping of the film. Yo go, Lo'. wink

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, great story, Sue.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard