Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
A door. In the wall of the coat closet.
Well, I suppose that follows. If you're going to store body parts in the closet of one house, might as well store the parts in a closet as well.

It was like the smell at Luthor’s room.

Except stronger.
Lois, please leave!

She darted out to grab the keys on the last step, not registering their slickness.
oh no

“What’s that in your hand?”

Lois looked down and her eyes widened in terror.

In her fear of being discovered she hadn’t noticed that the keys had gotten wet when they fell. She dropped them in horrified revulsion and stared at her bloodstained hands, her breaths coming in faster and faster.

Teresa shook her head.

“Ms. Lane,” she said tersely, “I think you might have violated my privacy.”
ohgodohgodohgodohgod. Oh, I really hope Clark decides to make a timely appearance here.

Lois collapsed and lay motionlessly.

Teresa sighed tiredly, she went to the living room and grabbed the now-sticky keys from where Lois had dropped them. Then she opened the coat closet door and moved the coats aside to open the door behind them. Teresa pulled on the cord to turn on the light and went down the stairs. She came back up several minutes later with a shovel.

Holding the shovel with one hand, she took Lois’ left foot with her other and proceeded to slowly drag her out, leaving thick crimson streaks behind her on the living room floor tile.
My stomach hurts.

Clark's opinion of Teresa sure did a quick 180.

The rain clouds moved away and the moon’s crescent shone its delicate light down…

…illuminating pale fingers curling out from among the black of the earth, followed by pale hands and slender naked arms, unmistakably familiar to Clark as they emerged from the moist ground.

The ground shook once more and Lois sat up, the white of her skin a stark contrast against the dark earth around her. She looked down at her hands, slowly opening and closing them as if for the first time.
These are the eeriest, creepiest lines I have ever read in LnC fanfic.

“Teresa had always wanted to be with Luthor, she was upset that other women got the opportunity she felt she couldn’t have.”
I was three quarters right.

“A mix between Carrie and Dawn of the Dead, I gathered. I guess that makes it the second time I scare you half to death.”
I suppose it would be helpful if I had seen either of these, because I am still not exactly sure what happened.

But then she narrowed her eyes, her lips curling into an eerie smile. Her voice somehow sounded off to Clark as she said:

“Or maybe not.”
And a great, creepy ending.

What a fantastic story, Alcyone!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
I suppose it would be helpful if I had seen either of these, because I am still not exactly sure what happened.
Me either.

A great creepy story for Halloween, even though I'm not much for creepy stories usually. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Kerth
Kerth
See - wasn't that fun? Don't you think you should finish that really long story of yours and post it already? Hmmm?

That didn’t mean that Mad Dog Lane wasn’t over at the Clare household right at this very minute questioning poor Teresa to death.
I chuckled each and every time I read this. It's so deliciously ironic. <g>

“THIS IS HER SHIRT!”
Ah, Angry&Protective!Clark, how I love you. It's made all the more heart-wrenching since he whispers his next words of "Where is she?"

And an ambiguous ending to boot! A perfect story to read while waiting for the little hobgoblins to ring the doorbell. Especially when they hit the bell at the same time as Lois dropped the keys. Even though I'd already read it before it still scared the crap out of me. thumbsup

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved it! smile Well done and deliciously creepy. Perfect for halloween!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Kerth
Kerth
<Shudder> Good one. Forgive me for not wanting to read it again, but... <shudder> ... I'm not that much into creepy stories.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Eeek! Totally creepy! I loved it.

Oh, and angrypossessiveClark - what's not to love about that... <drool> drool

Yes, where is this longer story Sue keeps mentioning?

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Thanks for reading everyone, 'creepy' was the intention, so I'm very glad it worked. It's actually the first horror story I've written although I've always wanted to write one--just couldn't get past "It was a dark and stormy night" smile . I definitely would not have posted this if it hadn't been Halloween. I already knew that just by typing "violence/gore" I'd be limiting my audience. Thanks to DSDragon, Lisa, LaraMoon, Olympe, Sue and DJ for commenting.

I suppose it would be helpful if I had seen either of these [movies], because I am still not exactly sure what happened.
Hey there Lisa/DSDragon--the film Carrie (if I'm spelling it correctly) has a wildly spoofed scene where a hand appears from beneath the ground and grabs that of the person who was dropping off flowers at the headstone. Dawn of the Dead is about zombies. Seeing either/both is not really necessary to understand the story (which can either be nothing happened la-di-da or something did happen-boo), but I find it fun to point out who I'm indebted (/ripping off smile ) to through the characters. That was the only intention behind that line.

Sue,

And an ambiguous ending to boot!
When I first wrote it, up until the last minute, I thought about not going with the cheesy Halloween fake-out. Then I thought that this was so far out there, it merited ending on a Halloween-ish tone, so I left it. Otherwise I think the creepiness is dulled a bit.

Olympe,

<Shudder> Good one. Forgive me for not wanting to read it again, but... <shudder>
No forgiveness necessary:). I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea, I'm just happy you gave it a chance.

LaraMoon,

Loved it! Well done and deliciously creepy. Perfect for halloween!
Glad you enjoyed it.

DJ,

Thanks for reading--I'm happy it worked for you.

Yes, where is this longer story Sue keeps mentioning?
Sitting at the kitchen table having tea while pointing and laughing at me.

Or at least, that's what it feels like.

*sigh* It's somewhat close to being finished, but then there's massive clean-up editing for me to do before I'm comfortable (is there such a thing?) with posting. But so help me after all the work I've put into it (and all the rough drafts I've made Sue go through), there is no way that monster isn't going to be posted for better or worse.

By. The. Way. Where is that angsty New Misgivings? *poke*

Either way, thanks again for reading and commenting, everyone!

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OMG. I totally laughed out loud at this:

Sitting at the kitchen table having tea while pointing and laughing at me.
Hah! That's great. Is the story doing that? Or is your muse? You have to wrangle them into submission sometimes. wink

there is no way that monster isn't going to be posted for better or worse.
Well thank heavens! Sue has alluded to it several times - how much she's enjoyed reading it. I've been waiting patiently, and if this story is any kind of indicator, it will be for the better...

By. The. Way. Where is that angsty New Misgivings? *poke*
blush Um, having tea with yours? Mine's got a big chunk in the middle that's missing - well, not missing, just not fleshed out. And the ending's only in my head. blush So, still working on it. Plus I was trying to give Sue a break from beta reading for me... I didn't want her to get sick of me. laugh

So... <poke> wildguy right back atcha!

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard