This part's really long, but I wanted to let that baby be born. There's also sex. Pay attention to the last part. (I'll tell you why later.)

This part is rated PG-13 There is sex and lots of birth stuff.

Hope you enjoy it!

And hey, Lara. Caitlyn didn't mess up that wedding night after all.... laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From part 32

Claire ran down the stairs and towards the game room. She stopped right before entering the room and checked herself out to make sure she was presentable. She walked in and shyly said, "Hi, Trace." She bit her lip.

He grinned and then unable to resist, he said knowingly, "Hi, Pixie."

"Pixie?" Claire said innocently and incredulously. She swallowed hard and didn't know what to say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A New Hero: Part 33

He laughed and answered teasingly. "You did say I could call you that, didn't you?" Then his face fell. "You are.. you are her aren't you? I mean.." Then he sobered. "No, I know you are." He started gesturing with his hands. "I mean, I didn't know last night, but I figured it out later. I recorded the newscast and kept watching it and knew something about you was familiar. Then I heard dad..er Jim telling mom that Clark was Superman. So there you have it, Pixie."

She wasn't sure what to say. "Hunhh... Um... well..."

Trace became more serious. "Oh, I guess that's not such a good idea to call you that when you aren't wearing that magnificent outfit. Sorry. Claire, then." He motioned to the couch. "Come on. Sit down with me." She did so, but was still more or less speechless. He smiled. "I hear you broke up with that jackass, Alex. Does that mean I finally have a chance?"

She swallowed hard and tried to grin. She was fairly sure she wasn't quite successful. "Are you asking me out?"

"Yeah. I've wanted to a long time, but I was pretty sure you would say no. I'm hoping that's no longer true."

She smiled widely. "Yes, I'll go out with you."

Then they began talking and did so animatedly. They lost all track of time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clark knocked on the room that once belonged to Zared. K'al opened the door. He nodded his head. "Father." He quickly explained how Rya had come to be here. He motioned to Rya. "~Lord Kal-El, may I introduce you to my wife, Lady Rya.~"

Rya was pacing and hadn't been paying much attention. He turned to Rya, "~Lady Rya, may... *Rya*!~"

She turned to him in a huff. She was not very comfortable and didn't really want to be bothered right now. "~What?!~"

He bit his lip and looked at Clark apologetically. "~Lady Rya, may I present you to Lord Kal-El, my father.~"

She looked up, mortified by her bad behavior and attempted to prostrate herself. After a brief try, she huffed. "~Oh, *forget* protocol. I'm sorry. I can't.~" She started pacing again.

"~That's okay. You don't need to do that.~"

<~K'al. If you have been officially married for about six of our months, and she is in labor... Is she full term?~>

K'al hung his head. <~Yes, father, she is full term or very near it. I'm sorry. We have shamed you. It *has* been a bit longer than six of your months from her standpoint. To her, Los and I have been gone a fortnight. I guess that's maybe a week here.~>

Clark rolled his eyes and shook his head. "~You haven't shamed me, but I take it this can be quite a problem on New Krypton?~"

K'al nodded. "~It can cause a rift among the houses. Rya seems to think that's one of the reasons that Lady Zara sent her here. So that we can engage in a certain amount of subterfuge concerning the baby's date of birth.~"

Clark's eyebrows raised. "Ah..." His eyes drifted over to the T-5 lying on the bedside table. "That's hers?" K'al nodded. "And Lady Zara can program it?"

K'al shrugged. "I don't know. I just assumed that she did... I really don't know."

Clark blinked when Rya moaned. "Hmmm.... Has Los and / or Caitlyn checked on her?"

K'al nodded. "Yes. Los has... ex.. ex..examined her twice. He says it could still go either way, but he thinks she will have the baby by tomorrow."

Clark grinned. "That's the twins' birthday." Then he whispered conspiratorially. "They think I've forgotten, but I have a surprise planned." He shook his head and chuckled. "I thought it would be a few more months before I would be a grandfather."

K'al shrugged and frowned sadly. "I foolish thought she was gaining weight so I didn't even know until today that I was going to be a father so soon."

Clark smiled broadly. "Congratulations." Then he cocked his head sideways. "Your English seems to have drastically improved."

K'al nodded. "I suppose getting a good night's sleep helped. I hadn't had any sleep for some time - about 37 of your hours - when we arrived. I was really exhausted. I... still have don't the skills Los has. He greatly encouraged to not be so afraid to speak it. Too that has helped." Clark nodded in understanding. K'al then proceeded to tell him of all that Rya had told him of the events on New Krypton.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chloe ran to the kitchen to see Ben. She hugged him. "Hi, Ben." She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek. She looked at Marisol. "Friend of yours?"

"Nope. Just met her."

Chloe looked at Marisol curiously. "Who are you?"

She replied tentatively. "Hmm... Marisol Stuart." When Chloe gave her a puzzled look, she said, "Your dad... invited me to stay for a few days. I'm from Smallville. He thought that maybe... he could help me."

"Help you? Help you do what?"

Mari bit her lip and started biting her fingernails. "I'm not sure if I'm at liberty to say."

Chloe just looked at her and raised an eyebrow. She wasn't going to push the issue. She imagined this was probably related to one of her dad's stories. "Well, okay." She looked at Ben and noticed their plates. She fixed herself a plate, too. Meowoof begged and tried to act pitifully. Chloe reached down and scratched her head. "You aren't supposed to eat from the table, girl. You get plenty to eat. Now go on, scoot. Go play." Meowoof acted coy but then took off.

Ben sighed. "I must admit that Mari and I both gave her a little bite."

She shrugged. "That's okay. Don't worry about it. Come on. Let's go to the family room." She turned to Mari. "Do you want to join us?" She wanted to be friendly, but she really hoped she didn't want to join them.

She shook her head no. "No, I'll just stay here until Clark comes back." Chloe nodded.

They began walking towards the family room and Ben said, "What about the game room?"

Chloe answered. "Claire has a visitor, and I think she's pretty involved in the conversation.

"Oh, okay." He grimaced. "I hope it's not Alex. I really hope she's gotten rid of him. He's not a very nice guy," he said worriedly.

"I know. I think she has finally seen the light. She broke up with him." She sat down on the couch. He sat down beside her. She paused and had a serious look. She said softly, "Ben, he tried to rape her. She doesn't want me to tell dad. I don't know what to do. I don't want to betray her, but daddy needs to know."

He put his arm around her and pulled her close. "Chloe. He has to know." He said angrily, "I hate it that that happened. Is that why she broke up with him?"

She shook her head no. "Partly, but I don't think she actually broke up with him until I talked to her. He has messed with her head so much that, in a way, I think she thinks that she 'allowed' it to happen. "Oh, Ben, he had all of her clothes off her. She pushed him off of her and had to hurt him to get him away from her."

He said sadly. "It sounds like he came pretty darn close. I think that still qualifies as sexual assault. She needs to press charges. You know... it could prevent someone else from getting hurt."

She laid her head on his shoulder. "I know, Ben. But she's afraid. I'll talk to her again and see if she will tell daddy. If she won't, then I will."

He kissed her on the forehead. "I hope so, Chloe. I hope so." He sighed. "He's such a creep. I've been pretty upset by some of the things he has said to her. That's why I told you a couple of months ago that I didn't want to go on any more double dates. I was afraid I might punch him out." He took a deep calming breath, then he ran his hand lightly through her hair "Oh, Chloe, you know I'd never do anything like that to you, don't you?"

She nodded. "I know, Ben. You are a really great guy. I'm lucky to have you." She sighed. "She has this complex about thinking she's not pretty. I didn't even know until the other day that she was upset about the red hair and how we got it. She didn't realize that daddy's biological mother had red hair until I told her."

He shook his head. "I just don't understand why she'd think she wasn't pretty. You are both beautiful." He took a bite then said, "So your dad got to meet his real parents?"

"Hmm... No, but they left him some recordings. They didn't have any choice in giving him up."

He nodded. "Hmm... Hey, did you see the news? It looks like Superman has a couple of more kids. At least that's what folks are saying. I can't remember their names, but one was dressed mostly in blue and the other was dressed mostly in purple. And their hair matched! I really thought the blue one was the hottest. Umm... I mean..." He bit his lip as he realized he was talking about another woman in front of his girlfriend who he was crazy about.

She took a deep breath. "It's okay. So folks are saying they are 'hot', huh?" She blushed.

"Yeah, they are. Hey! Why are you blushing?" He laid his hand on her face. "Oh, I embarrassed you, didn't I?" He looked at her and kissed her gently. "You know I'll always think you are *hot*, don't you? You are the hottest girl I know. That blue girl doesn't hold a candle to you."

"Blue Fairy." Then she succumbed to a fit of giggles.

He was bewildered. "What? What's so funny? Why are you laughing?"

Chloe could only respond with more giggles. To keep from saying more about the irony of the situation of Ben thinking that she was hot - both of herselves, she grabbed him and started kissing him. She couldn't tell him about the Blue Fairy yet, but she did fervently wish that Ben knew the truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Los found that he was hungry and started towards the kitchen. On the way, he ran into the delightful Meowoof. He picked her up and cooed. "How are you, girl?" He scratched her head and was awarded with purring. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Oh, what a wonderful sound." He walked to the kitchen door then set her on the floor. He walked to the sink and washed his hands. He didn't see Marisol sitting in the corner of the kitchen quietly reading 'Winds'. He proceeded to fix himself a plate of food. He thought to K'al, <~Are you hungry? I can bring you some food. I can bring Rya something light if she's hungry.~>

K'al responded. <~I'm too nervous and Rya is nauseated. Thanks.~>

Los sat down at the table and blushed lightly when he realized someone was there. "Hi, Marisol."

"Hi, Los." She smiled. "You are one of *his* children aren't you?"

"Umm... ummm...." he stuttered.

"It's okay. I know. Clark told me to be careful, but since he told me earlier that everyone in the house at the time knew about him then I'm assuming you do, too. You were here then. I'm part Kryptonian." She bit her lip lightly.

"Oh..." He nodded. <~Father?~>

<~Yes, Los.~>

<~Marisol know about you? About me?~>

<~She doesn't know specifically about you, but she knows that I'm Superman if that's what you mean. You can tell her you are my son if you wish.~>

<~Thank you father. I... I love you.~>

<~I love you, too, Los. I'm very pleased that I'm getting this chance to know you.~>

Los smiled. <I am, too, father. I am, too.~>

Marisol leaned toward Los. "What were you doing?"

He raised his eyebrows. "Oh. I was asking father if you knew. Yes, I am his son."

"Asking him?" she asked incredulously.

"Yes. Telepathy."

"Telepathy? You were talking to his mind?" Her mouth was hanging open.

He nodded. <You most likely can do it, too.>

She furiously shook her head no. "No, no. I don't think so."

He nodded. <Look at me. Yes, you can.> He shrugged.

"Oh, my god," she exclaimed. "Can you read my mind?"

"Well, I guess I could, but we don't do that. It's very impolite. Try it. Just concentrate and direct your thoughts toward me."

"Oh, my... I don't... <Oh, god, he's about the hottest guy I've ever met.>

He was somewhat dumbfounded. "What's 'hot' mean in this context?"

She covered her mouth. "You know what I... Oh, my."

He nodded. "You thought it to me."

She put her head down. "Not intentionally."

He blushed. "Oh. Yes, that can sometimes happen. If you aren't used to using it then we'll just speak aloud."

She nodded and swallowed hard. "Yes, please." She took a deep breath. "Your accent is a little odd. You are one of Zara's children, aren't you?"

He nodded. "He told you about that?"

She bit her fingernails. "He mentioned it. He didn't really explain much."

"Oh." He licked his lips. "You didn't tell me what hot means."

She blushed again. "It means I find you attractive."

"Oh." It was his turn to blush. Then with heavily lidded eyelashes, he said, "I find you attractive, also."

She bowed her head and blushed even more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clark walked in the master suite to find Caitlyn inundated by papers. He pulled out a chair and sat down in it backwards. "Whatcha' doin'?"

She didn't look up. "Trying to get Bernie's notes organized. I've read up on Jon's problems, but I wanted to go through everything again before I see him tomorrow." She looked up and smiled. "You look like you feel a lot better."

"I do. I guess all that sleep and staying out in the sun so long really helped." He sighed. "I hope Jon's okay, but I really do think he has an infection. I.. I was really hoping that after he went through puberty that wouldn't be a problem any more."

She answered thoughtfully, "Well, Clark, he is half human. We can't assume that just because he's invulnerable that he can't get sick."

He looked down and sighed. "I know. I know. I just hate the thoughts of him being exposed to kryptonite even if it's just long enough to get an IV in."

She nodded and responded sympathetically. "At least if he has to have an IV, he won't have to be continuously exposed to a larger dose of kryptonite like what giving blood required - like what happened with Zared."

He sighed. "I know. I just... It's hard to see your kids hurt. It's really hard." He swallowed hard and closed his eyes tightly in thought. "Hannah's and Jon's appointment is at 11 o'clock. Right?" She nodded yes. "Why at the same time?"

She shrugged. "Hannah said they wanted to go together."

He twisted his lips and clucked. "Probably a good idea. She'll make sure he gets there. Are you going to do a cystoscopy on him?"

She pursed her lips. "Yes, I imagine that I will."

He raised an eyebrow and nodded. "Do whatever you need to do. Don't let him talk you out of it."

"I figured you might be there. You have an appointment at three anyway."

"I do?" he responded in surprise.

She nodded. "Yes, Clark. You do. Are you the one trying to get out of an appointment now?"

He looked up at the ceiling. "No, I just forgot. I..." He stopped and seemed to be looking at something. Satisfied, he continued, speaking softly, "I'm taking the twins to Rome for lunch. I guess we'll be back by my appointment - sooner if you need me while you are with Jon. It's a surprise."

"Rome?" she said in puzzlement.

"Yeah, it's their birthday. They think I've forgotten."

She hit herself in the forehead. "Duh. Yes. June the eighth. Yes, I should have realized. You just told me when all their birthdays were. No party?"

He smiled and nodded once. "Yes, they are having a swimming 'get together' with their friends later this week. But tomorrow is just a daddy-daughter event." He pursed his lips. "Hmm... Jon has not wanted me around at his last few appointments, but I... I wonder if he really would. I can take the girls to dinner instead. Yes, that might be a good idea."

"Hmm... maybe. While he is contemplating having sex, he is still just seventeen. He might like to have daddy around." Her eyes twinkled. "What were you looking at a minute ago?"

He chuckled. "Making sure there wasn't a chance the twins were listening."

"Ohh... You're powers seem to be on the mend." She smiled.

"Yes. More and more they are returning. I still imagine they will be providing the flight though."

She nodded. "Yes, I hope so." She bit her lip. "I assume you know about Rya?" He nodded. "She has asked about medication. I think we can do that, but I'm not an anesthesiologist. I thought perhaps my friend Amanda could help. She is not only an obstetrician, but she is also trained in anesthesiology. I think she will help, but I didn't want to do that without asking you."

Clark frowned. "What we tell her? And Rya wants to stay here. Would that be possible if she gets an epidural?"

She sighed heavily. "Well, yeah that's okay, but I'm not sure that's a good idea for her to stay here." She bit her lip and shook her head. "Maybe I'm just thinking too clinically. Women have their babies at home all the time - especially in Europe. And it's becoming more popular here. If she does stay here, I think we could just tell Amanda that they are visiting from New Krypton, and Superman asked if they could stay here. I mean almost everyone knows Clark Kent and Superman are friends. And I'm sure if there's a problem, Jon or Zared can get them to the hospital right away."

He thought a moment then said, "I suppose it could work. But what if she wants to report the birth?"

"Well, from what I understand, the baby will, for all intents and purposes, be able to pass for a human baby. It might be a good thing for your grandchild to be a citizen." She raised her eyebrows. "In a way, that might make it even easier. We could tell her that they were visiting from some little country somewhere."

He nodded. "I think that could work. Call her and see if she will help."

She did so and explained the circumstances. She looked up. She'll be right over. She's bringing supplies.

He nodded and smiled. "Good."

She grinned and blushed slightly. "When are we going to tell everyone?"

"Hmm... Soon. It seems there is this rumor going around that we eloped *last* week."

She giggled and blushed. "Wonder where that came from?"

Clark just shrugged and shook his head. "Who knows. Who knows." Clark looked up at the sound of a knock on the door. "Come in," he said. It was Lara. "Hi, Lara, honey." He sat down in the floor and pulled her in his lap. "How's daddy's girl?"

"'Kay. Brook and Jama said they think you loped." She shook her head no and pouted. "No, no.. *e*loped." Clark smiled at his sweet daughter. She was animated. "They said somethin' 'bout sleepin' together, but it not meanin' sleepin'. Then they said somethin' about mommy sleepin' in the bed with you with your clothes on, and Jama said 'cause of that, that she didna think nothin' happent. I kept tryin' to ask what they meant, but they kept truptin me."

Clark spoke, "Interrupting, Lara."

She continued, very excited. "Oh, okay, intruptin' then. What did they mean, daddy? Huh? I heard Jon telling Zared that the two of you were in bed together naked on Friday. Why would you sleep without any clothes on? Huh? And Brook doesn't want to share you. It's not nice to not want to share. Jama thinks she 'tupid 'cause she doesn't want to share. I mean, you're always gonna be our daddy, right?" She hugged him tightly.

Clark looked at Caitlyn and swallowed hard. He wasn't sure he was ready for this. "Nobody's stupid. Okay?"

Caitlyn grinned and laughed softly. "K - I - S - S"

Clark looked at her and shook his head. "Huh?"

"Keep it simple....." She left the statement, keep it simple stupid, incomplete due to what Clark had just told Lara. He nodded.

Lara grabbed his face and turned it towards her. "Well? I don't *want* simple. I want to know it *all*. 'Specially why you'd want to sleep without any clothes. Don't you get *cold*?"

Clark's eyes danced, and he closed his eyes, trying not to laugh at the idea of Lara wanting 'to know it all'. "Well, Lara. When... adults are in love... they.. sometimes sleep without clothes as an expression of that love. But.. umm... Caitlyn and I haven't done that yet." He looked up at the ceiling in a gesture of 'help me'.

"But Jon said..."

Clark nodded. "Jon misunderstood."

"Oh. So is this sleepin' without clothes on is how babies get in tummies?" Lara grinned bashfully and bit her lip.

Clark nodded. "Yes, Lara. That's how it happens. But it doesn't happen *every* time."

"Ohhh... Okay. So Jenni and Zared slept together naked and that's how she got a baby in her tummy?" She nodded her head in excitement. "And that's how that lady over there," she pointed towards Zared's room, "got one in her tummy?"

Clark nodded. "You know about Lady Rya, huh?"

"Yeah-hum. Zared told me 'bout her." She looked up at Caitlyn. "Mommy, what ya' doin'?"

"Paperwork." Caitlyn winked at her.

Clark hugged Lara tightly and whispered. "Do you know how much daddy loves you?"

"Unh-huh. Love you, too." She looked up at Caitlyn and said, "Can I help?"

Caitlyn nodded. "Why don't you take all these blue papers and stack them up nicely? There are numbers at the top. Can you put them in number order?"

She nodded eagerly. "I can count to one hundred!! And write 'em, too!" Caitlyn smiled and handed her the stack of papers.

Anamarie called on the intercom. "Mr. Kent, someone named Amanda is here. Should I let her in?"

He replied. "Yes. I didn't know you were back, Anamarie. Are you doing okay?"

She replied softly. "Rattled. But I'm okay."

"How's your sister Margeaux?"

"She's okay. She's with mom. I'll let Amanda in. Should I send her upstairs?"

Clark said, "Yes. That will be fine." The intercom cut off, and he turned to Caitlyn. "I had hoped to make the announcement before Anamarie got back. Oh, well, I guess it doesn't matter. Amanda must live really close."

Caitlyn nodded. "She and her family live a few blocks from here."

"Oh. Hey, we have another visitor." He quickly told her about Marisol Stuart.

Caitlyn swallowed. "Oh, wow. I take it she's the other one you knew about?" He nodded. She said, "Hmph."

Lara looked up at her beloved daddy. "So she's one of the Krypterrans?"

Clark nodded. "Yes, Lara, she is." He looked up at Caitlyn. "Do you know how far Rya is?"

"Los told me she was about four centimeters. He doesn't understand those measurements, but that's what I guessed from what he showed me." She raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, wow. She's progressing right along, isn't she?"

Caitlyn nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zared and Jenni were sitting in their room speaking about what to do with the money Perry had given them. Zared said, "He's a generous man."

Jenni nodded in agreement. "So, Zared, how's it feel to realize that you aren't the oldest?"

He shrugged. "It doesn't make any difference. It actually explains a lot. In some ways, I always felt like I had brothers that I didn't know. I guess I must remember them. If dad thinks really hard, he can remember seeing the face of Jor-El and Lara."

She nodded. "You know it must really be something to have memories of such a young age."

"Yeah, I guess. So, Jenni, what's it feel like to know we aren't going to have the first grandchild?"

She pursed her lips. "I'm bummed. But I'll get over it. Besides, they are going back to New Krypton eventually."

He leaned forward and kissed her. "You're right. Jenni. Do you feel up to a flight? I'd like to give you a special wedding gift."

She smiled. "What? What?"

"I'm not telling. It's a surprise. You feel up to it?"

She nodded. "Absolutely."

He nodded in excitement. "Grab a jacket and let's go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amanda knocked on the door of the master suite. Clark looked at Lara and smiled. "Lara, will you let the nice lady in?"

She nodded and answered the door, looking up at Amanda. "Hi, I'm Lara! I just turned four! How old are you?"

Amanda bent down and shook her hand. She said, "Well, congratulations."

Clark interrupted. "Lara, you don't need to know how old she is. Don't ask adults that, okay?"

"'Kay, but why?"

"I'll explain later. Right now Caitlyn and I need to talk to the nice lady. You're are done with the papers, aren't you?" She nodded. "Give them back to Caitlyn and then go play. Okay?"

She nodded and hugged her daddy. "Love you."

"I love you, too, Lara."

She handed the stack of blue papers to Caitlyn and hugged her, too. "Love you, too, mommy."

Caitlyn grinned with delight. "I love you, too, Lara." Lara ran out of the room.

Amanda looked at Caitlyn with surprise. "Mommy?"

Caitlyn smiled. "I've become a part of this family."

Amanda looked between Caitlyn and Clark. "You two... you two are married?"

Clark put his finger to his mouth in a 'shh' motion. He whispered. "The family doesn't know yet. They think we are engaged."

She nodded. "Oh, okay." She smiled. "Congratulations. I was beginning to think that Caitlyn was.. umm...married to her career."

Caitlyn raised an eyebrow. "I was just waiting for the right guy. I finally found him."

Amanda giggled. "Good. The two of you will have to come over for dinner sometime."

Clark nodded. "We will." He turned his head towards Rya's cry of distress. "Enough of small talk, though. We called you for a reason."

Amanda replied, "Yes, yes. A baby is being born. The mother to be is visiting from where?"

Clark and Caitlyn shared a brief look.

Clark said, "Luxembourg."

Caitlyn said, "Lithuania."

Amanda put her hands on her hips. "Okay, Caitlyn, we're good friends, but something is up. Are they here illegally?"

Caitlyn's eyes were wide and she didn't know what to say. "Umm... uhh..."

Clark put his hand up. "Okay, the truth. There not here illegally exactly. But they... don't have papers if that's what you are asking." She started to protest and Clark put his hand up again. "Let me explain. Okay, the lady in labor, her husband, and his brother are all visiting from New Krypton. The two young men are..." Clark took a deep breath before he continued. "Superman's sons. They are all here visiting him."

"New Krypton?" she said emotionally. "They... aren't going to hurt anyone, are they? I mean.. a friend of mine was raped by one of the New Kryptonians."

Clark looked surprised at that. "Really? Hmm... Umm... Umm... Your friend. Did she have a baby?" Amanda shook her head no. He nodded. "No, they aren't going to hurt anyone. Please know that most Kryptonians are nice people. You'd trust Superman, wouldn't you?"

She narrowed her eyes a bit. "Yeah. He saved my little girl's life once. I'd feel a whole lot better hearing this from him."

Clark nodded. "I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile, you two go check on Rya. Her distress is increasing." He called, <Los, you are needed upstairs. Rya's distress has increased.> Clark walked out.

Amanda looked at Caitlyn. "You trust all this." Caitlyn nodded. "Okay. If she's Kryptonian though, how I am supposed to give her any medications?"

"We are hoping she hasn't been here long enough to have any invulnerability yet. You should be able to treat her as you would a human. Her brother-in-law is a Kryptonian healer, so you will be able to speak to him, also. Los and K'al both speak English. Lady Rya does not."

"Lady Rya?"

Caitlyn nodded soberly. "Yes, this child may one day rule New Krypton."

"Oh, my!" Amanda's eyes were wide. "May?"

"Yeah, I think it depends on whether or not it's a boy. It's a patriarchal society."

Amanda asked in awe, "So that means if Superman had actually returned to New Krypton, he wasn't just going to just help out? He would have ruled the planet?"

Caitlyn nodded and said quietly. "Yes, he would have."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ben broke off his kiss to Chloe and looked up. "Chloe. Chloe! Superman is here!"

"What?" She shook her head in puzzlement. "What are you *talking* about, Ben? What makes you think Superman is here?"

Ben was pointing at the door. "Saw him. He walked by. He even waved at me when he realized I saw him. Wow, I knew your dad was his friend, but seeing him here... Wow. That gives it a whole new meaning." He looked at her and cocked his head. "You don't seem very surprised." She shrugged. "Wait! I bet he's here all the time, isn't he? Oh, my gosh." He jumped up on his feet. "Wow!"

Chloe grinned. "Calm down, Ben. He's just like everybody else."

"Oh, yeah, right. Just like everybody else. Right? He's almost a *god*, Chloe! He's *not* like everybody else."

She rolled her eyes and sighed. "You'd be surprised, Ben. You'd be surprised." She patted the couch. "Now sit back down. I'll introduce you sometime. You'll see."

"You will? You'd do that?"

"Of course, I would. I didn't know you'd go all crazy on me, or I would have already done it."

"Most people would be pretty darn excited to meet him. I mean, how many times has he saved us all?"

She grinned and blushed lightly. "You're right. He is pretty great."

"So if he's here, then why not now?"

"No can do right now. He's busy. Now kiss me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Superman walked by the door of the game room. He was glad that neither Trace nor Claire had seen him.

"Daddy! Daddy!" She whispered to Trace, "He's in the suit."

Clark found that he was wrong. And why in the world was Claire calling him daddy when he was dressed in the suit. He hadn't heard what she said to Trace. He stood to the side of the door and said, "Yes?"

"Come in a minute."

"Claire! I don't think..."

Trace said, "Clark. I know. I heard Jim telling mom."

Clark then walked in and put his hands on his hips. "You know, do you?" He sighed and shook his head. "Gotta go. Rya's having a baby."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Los walked up the stairs towards the room Rya and Los were in. He hated to leave Marisol. They had been having such a wonderful conversation. Ah, well, duty called. He ran into his father who was dressed in full Superman regalia. His eyes were wide. "Father?"

Clark nodded and sighed. "Caitlyn called a friend of hers. She's both an obstetrician and an anesthesiologist. She's going to help - provided that Rya hasn't gotten enough sun to prevent that. <We've told her that you and K'al are Superman's sons, and that Rya is his daughter-in-law. We tried saying all of you were from another country, but she wasn't buying it. She wants to hear all of this from Superman. So that's why I'm dressed like this.>

Los briefly wondered what 'buying it' meant, then realized it must mean that she didn't believe it. He nodded, "Oh. Okay. What's an obstetrician? I'm assuming an anesthesiologist specializes in anesthesia?"

Clark nodded. "Yes. And an obstetrician specializes in delivering babies."

Los smiled broadly. "Excellent! I will welcome her help. I don't believe things are so different between humans and Kryptonians." He chuckled. "I have to even wonder if they have the same ancestors. It would tend to explain the ability of Kryptonians being able to mate with humans."

Clark's eyes widened. "Wow. I never even considered... Wow."

Los knocked on the door and then opened it. Clark hung back and Los looked at him expectantly. Clark moved his head back and forth sideways. "Well, make sure it's okay first..." Los looked at him and nodded and they both entered. Evidently Los' idea of 'okay' did not match Clark's idea of 'okay' because Amanda was examining Rya. Clark blushed a bright red and turned away from the scene.

K'al looked at his Father curiously. "Father, you have the right to attend this birth. Why do you blush?"

Clark shook his head lightly. "Must be an Earth thing. Fathers-in-law don't usually attend when their daughters-in-law are giving birth," he said ironically. "How is she doing?"

In answer Rya screamed and let out a Kryptonian curse. She grabbed K'al by the shirt. "~This is *your* fault. *Your* fault. I'm never doing this again! Do you hear me?! *Never*! And don't *even* think about us ever having sexual relations again.~" K'al swallowed hard and backed off. "~Where the *hell* do you think you are going? You come back here!~"

K'al swallowed hard and looked at his father with a bit of shock. Clark put his arm around him. <~This is normal, son. She doesn't mean it. And... it might get worse. Now go back her to side and don't leave no matter what.~> He nodded encouragingly.

Rya screamed, "~You get back over here before I get up and kill you!! I hate you!~" She started crying. "~I'm sorrrry.~" Then she started sobbing. She had another pain then grabbed him and shook him. "Arggghhhh....." That was understandable in any language.

K'al sat down beside of her and said softly. "~It's okay, my love.~"

Clark cleared his throat. "Amanda."

She turned towards him. "Oh, you can turn around now."

He nodded. "Oh, okay." He did so but swallowed hard. He crossed his arms, Superman style. "Does my presence confirm what Clark and Caitlyn told you?" She nodded.

K'al looked up and in his confusion with everything going on, he said, "What do you mean what Clark told her? You *are* Clark, are you not? I have been so misinformed?" Everyone except Amanda and Rya looked at him with shocked amazement. K'al immediately realized what he had done and hung his head. Rya had no idea what had happened, and she really didn't care. She was squeezing K'al's hand so tightly that he winced.

Amanda just stared at Clark. She tried to make a joke and said quietly. "I guess I know how you and Caitlyn met."

Clark took at deep breath, "Well, no, you probably don't." He sighed and looked pained. "Amanda..."

She whispered. "Don't worry. I'm not telling anyone. I found out in a medical situation anyway, so I'm bound by that if nothing else."

Clark muttered under his breath. "Thanks. I'm going to go change. You all will keep me informed?"

K'al nodded. "Father, as I said, you have the right to attend this birth. Rya... and I would like you to stay."

Clark raised an eyebrow but because of K'al's earnestness he agreed. "I'm still changing first. I'll be back."

Los looked at Amanda. "Thank you so much for coming. How dilated is she? Are you going to give her anything?"

Amanda smiled at him. "Well, she is about seven to eight centimeters." At Los' look of incomprehension, she showed him with her hands. He nodded. "Since she is this far along, I think a paracervical block would be the best bet. It will help her relax, but it's very unlikely that it would slow her labor at all. By the way, are you sure you are a physician? You are so young. How old is Rya by the way? And what's her last name?"

Los looked at her and smiled. "Yes, I agree that a paracervical block would be best. It may even help her deliver faster. And yes, I'm a healer - or physician. I began my studies when I was approximately the age of thirteen earth years." He then explained how few healers there were, how he had come to study at such a young age, and how the training was somewhat individualized. "Rya is almost eighteen of your earth years. Her last name is Pe, but she rarely uses it. The child will have the sir name of El."

She nodded. "Very interesting. Well, let's get to it, and see what we can do to help her with the pain." She turned to Caitlyn. "Caitlyn, if you will start an IV on her, we will prepare for a paracervical block." Caitlyn nodded.

Clark knocked on the door and then entered when no one answered. He quietly sat in the corner - in a place where he could turn around if needed. He very much felt he was intruding. All at once, the thought struck him that they had no baby supplies in the house. He thought, <Jon, Hannah. Can you go to the attic and get the baby crib? And then you need to go shopping and get baby stuff. Diapers, burp cloths, some baby clothes...> He sneaked a quick peek at the baby. <Looks like the newborn size will fit fine. Bottles, umm.. anything you think a baby might need. Looking in the baby section will give you some idea.> He thought about the ever practical Ellen and her long ago gift to Lois when Brook was born. <Get Rya some underwear. She looks like she's about the same size as you, Hannah. Get some pads, too. I don't know if we have any - probably, but I'm not sure.>

Hannah answered, <Sure, Clark. We'll take care of it.>

<Don't take too long getting back with the essentials. You can go back for more later. I think this baby is coming soon.>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Martha walked into the kitchen and sighed. She was worried about Jonathan. He wasn't too happy about the announcement of Clark's and Caitlyn's engagement. Martha assured him that she was a lovely woman, and he just felt that way because he hadn't really gotten to know her. She reminded him that he had become very curmudgeonly in his elder years. She was pretty sure that Clark had seen the look on Jonathan's face last night and had thought Clark would talk to him today, but she guessed there was so much going on that he just hadn't had time. She was sure that Clark could calm Jonathan's fears.

She decided that she would bake some brownies and an apple pie - better make that several apple pies. Baking always helped her relax. She hummed happily and she gathered the necessary ingredients and equipment.

Marisol watched the lady quietly. She realized that the older lady didn't know she was there, and she hated to scare her, but she didn't know how not to. "You are Martha Kent, aren't you?"

Martha jumped and an apple went rolling across the floor. Two Bark quickly grabbed the errant apple and trotted off with it. "Two Bark! You bring that back here." She shook her head. The apple was already almost gone. She looked at Marisol and smiled. "Sorry, I didn't know anyone was here."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. So you are the wonderful lady that raised Su... Clark." Martha cocked her head when Mari almost said Superman but decided to just see what Marisol had to say. Mari went on to tell her about herself and who she was. She began helping Martha with the baking, and they became fast friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hannah and Jon flew to Wallmark's, the only place open at this time of the evening on a Sunday. Hannah was thrilled - especially when she realized she could fly on her own. She couldn't stop gushing about the 'amazing' experience. She was all smiles as they looked around the baby department. "Someday, we'll need all this stuff, Jon."

Jon's cheeks became pink. He grinned. "Yeah, we will." He held up a little dark blue outfit and said excitedly, "Oh, look! Isn't this adorable?" The dark blue 'onesie' had a Superman logo in the middle of it.

Hannah grinned. "Oh, Jon, that's perfect. That's just perfect." Then she bit her lip. "It's not too much is it?"

Jon grinned and put the outfit in the cart. "Absolutely not! It's adorable. Hmm... wonder what else we can find with the House of El symbol on it? Bet we can find a blanket. What do you think?"

She giggled since she had already found just that. She held up the package and showed him the picture. It was a red blanket with blue trim and huge yellow 'S' in the middle of the blanket. "Perfect!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later, Los smiled and looked up. He spoke to Rya. "~You are completely dilated. Now you just have to push. Are you still feeling better since you had the block done?~"

She nodded. "~My earlier behavior was shameful~"

Los smiled and took her hand. "~No, Rya. Your behavior is quite normal.~"

The crib had been taken apart for storage, and Clark was busy putting it together. Clark paused and translated for Caitlyn and Amanda. He brushed his hands together. "All done!"

Amanda smiled. "After all, it hurts to have a baby." Los translated for Rya.

She groaned then starting pushing. "~I must learn this other language.~" K'al supported her shoulders as she pushed.

Jon knocked on the door. Clark answered. Jon smiled. "We got some stuff. We did a quick wash for two blankets and a little outfit." He grinned lopsidedly at the mention of the outfit. "I dried them. We've got more onesies, some more blankets, and some underwear in the washer. Here's the diapers, pads, and some other stuff. Gramma put the bottles in the dishwasher to sterilize them. We got formula if you need it. How much longer?"

Clark shrugged. "Don't know. She's completely dilated, but I don't know how long she will have to push. I'll let everybody know. Might as well prepare everybody for another little family meeting. This one will be short - just a couple of announcements."

Jon nodded, turned and left. "I don't think Zared and Jenni are here though. I don't know where they are."

Clark closed the door and put the stuff in the crib. He had already put sheets on the mattress. He held up the little blue outfit and chuckled. He showed it to Caitlyn and she grinned, too. He sat down next to her and laid his head on her shoulder. He whispered, "Looks like she is going to have this baby on the same day we got married." He grinned. "Speaking of which, it's still our wedding day, and I feel *a lot* better." He kissed her cheek. "I think you know what I mean." He waggled his eyebrows and licked his lips. Caitlyn didn't have time to answer because Los and Amanda were suddenly encouraging Rya to push hard.

Los was saying, "~Push, you can do it! Push!~" He smiled and turned to Clark and Caitlyn. "Head's out." Los was delivering the baby as per Rya's and K'al's wishes. Amanda was close by in case anything went wrong. Rya pushed again and the baby was out. Los quickly suctioned the baby, and held the crying infant up for all to see. "~Behold a daughter, born from the House of Pe and into the House of El.~" He repeated the same in English. He laid her on Lady Rya's stomach.

While leaving the baby on Rya's stomach, Amanda quickly checked her out. "Everything seems good. She's beautiful. Look at all that dark hair."

Rya smiled at K'al. "~She's beautiful. What shall we name her?~"

K'al shrugged. "~I don't know. It's ultimately up to you. That's tradition.~" He looked up at everyone and smiled.

Caitlyn leaned over to Clark. "They don't seem to be too upset because it's not a boy. I thought that was the big thing. You know... the first baby had to be a male and all that."

Clark smiled. "Actually, that's only with the ruling house which has been the House of El for a *very* long time. The way I understand it, it doesn't really matter so much that the first baby is a male. It's highly *preferable* but not absolutely necessary. I'm sure they will make sure the second baby is a male." He smiled. "She is beautiful, isn't she?"

Caitlyn nodded. "Yes, she is."

As Los finished with Rya, Amanda took the baby to the crib and quickly wiped her off. She checked her out thoroughly then put a diaper and the little outfit on her. She giggled. "Super baby." She then wrapped the baby in the red blanket and handed her back to K'al.

K'al smiled broadly. "How did you find such an outfit? I am so pleased to have my child wearing the House of El symbol."

Clark chuckled. "Your brother Jon found it at Wallmark's."

"Wallmark's? Oh, well, never mind. Lord Jon has pleased his brother greatly. Rya is also pleased." He smiled. "Father, I heard you speak of another family meeting. Will you present the child to the family?"

Clark nodded. "I'd be delighted."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later, most of the family met in the family room. Amanda stayed with Rya and planned to stay with her for several hours. Trace and Ben had already left for home. Marisol was tired and had gone to bed. Clark was glad because he wasn't sure he wanted to invite her to this meeting. He supposed it would have been okay, but he didn't really know her yet. Anamarie, while sometimes included in family meetings, was not included in this one.

Everyone was chatting happily. Clark clapped his hands. "Do I have everyone's attention?" He looked around, frowned, then said, "Where's Zared and Jenni?"

Jon shrugged. "Couldn't find them. I know Jon heard me telling him to come home, but he said he was busy."

Clark rolled his eyes. "Well, I guess they will have to find out later, won't they? Okay, first, I hear there is a rumor going around that Caitlyn and I eloped - *last* week." He heard murmured yeses. "Well, you are wrong. Yet you are right. Caitlyn and I got married this morning at about 2:00 am in Troy City. We *didn't* get married last week. He looked at Los and K'al. "Sorry, I know the two of you especially wanted to be there."

Jama crossed her arms and pouted. "They aren't the only ones."

"I know honey. We will have a big celebration, okay?"

K'al's eyes danced. "Yes. We will give you a Kryptonian celebration."

Los smiled broadly. "The Celebration of Union. Yes, that will be perfect!"

Clark had no idea what they meant, but he agreed. "Okay." He looked at Caitlyn. "That's okay, isn't it?"

She nodded and grinned, "I guess so." She just hoped that didn't mean they had to have sex in front of everyone. She remembered something like that on a show she had seen called 'Alien Nation'.

Martha stood up and clapped. "Congratulations." Everyone else joined in - including Jonathan but only after Martha gave him a nasty look.

Clark held his hands up. "Okay, now for the big announcement. He stood up and took the baby from K'al. "Behold, Lady Jonna-El, a Noble of New Krypton, born from the House of Pe and into the House of El." He smiled at Jon. "Lord Jon-El, Lady Rya and Lord K'al-El were so very pleased with this outfit that Lady Rya named the baby in honor of you. They have also asked that you and Hannah be honorary parents. Do you agree?" He directed his thoughts directly at Jon and Hannah. <By the way, you can't say no. Jon and Hannah stand up. They did so. Jon. Say, 'I, Lord Jon-El of the House of El, humbly accept this offer on behalf of myself and Hannah Wayne.>

Jon's eyes were wide and he said, "I, Lord Jon-El of the House of El, humbly accept this offer on behalf of myself and Hannah Wayne." Clark motioned them towards him. He put the baby in Jon's arms. <Now the two of you need to coo and awe over the baby a bit then give her back to K'al. Okay?>

They complied with Clark's wishes. They weren't the only ones that oohed and awed over the pretty little girl.

Clark approached his dad and sat down beside him. He put his arm around her. "Dad, I know you have always been very protective of me, but Caitlyn's a good woman. I promise." He nodded. "Okay?"

Jonathan pulled Clark into a bear hug. "She just better not hurt you son, or she'll have me to deal with." Clark smiled and hugged his dad back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At 11:00 pm, Clark and Caitlyn stood in the middle of their room. Clark kissed her passionately and raked his teeth over her lower lip. She moaned. Clark murmured against her dark, curly hair that hung just below her shoulders. "I love you so much. He ran his hands under her t-shirt and felt her soft skin. He unsnapped her bra then pulled both her t-shirt and bra off. He stood back and looked at her. "You do have nice breasts, Caitlyn." He pulled her into an embrace and kissed her neck. "Remember what I said earlier?"

"Hmmm... Yes, Clark. I do. Are you sure?" She brought her hands up under his t-shirt and ran it over his smooth skin. She then pulled his shirt off. "So we get to have our wedding night after all. But Clark.." She pulled away from him. "If you have any pain... or discomfort... please stop. Promise?"

He grinned. "Okay, Dr. Kira. I promise, but I don't think there is going to be any problems at all." He pulled her close and pulled her hips to him. "I think all that wonderful sunshine helped things remarkably." He chuckled. "I bet my blood count has increased," he said in a sexy voice. Caitlyn blushed. "Why, Caitlyn, do I embarrass you?"

She buried her head against Clark's wonderfully firm, sculptured chest. "Well, you know... like I said. I'm not exactly experienced. I mean, Clark... the other night. You are the first man that's even touched me like that. Let alone more. I've never wanted to do much until now."

"I know. We'll go slow. Okay?" His hands explored her naked upper body.

She nodded. "Slow." Her hands dipped to his waistband and unsnapped and unzipped his jeans. She impatiently pushed them off.

He again began kissing her. "I thought you said, 'Slow'." He took a sharp, deep breath and then said, "Ahh.. Oh..."

"Not too slow." She looked up at him. "Clark?"

"Mmm Hmm... Oh.. that's..." He swallowed.

She leaned into him and whispered. "I have too many clothes on."

He grinned and quickly took care of that problem. He walked her to the bed and they lay down where they continued the mutual exploration of the other's body.

A few moments later, Clark's fingers were working magic and Caitlyn was moaning. She was breathing rapidly. "Clarrrk. Clark. Stop. Stop."

"Stooppp?" he said incredulously.

"I mean... No, don't stop. I mean. Stop *that*. I want... I want... all of you... right *now*."

He kissed her shoulder. "Mmmm.... What happened to slow?"

She breathed hard. "Clark. I... Pleeease." She pulled him on top of her. Clark began kissing her again and complied with her wishes.

"Ahhh... Oh..." She cried out.

He stilled. "Are you okay?" He should have listened to himself and gone more slowly.

"Oh... yes." She wrapped her legs around him. "Oh, yes, Clark. I'm... Oh...."

A few moments later Caitlyn held Clark tightly. "Clark. Hold me. Hold me tight and don't ever let me go."

"I'll never let you go," Clark murmured. He grinned and put his weight on one elbow. "But right now you are the one holding me tightly. You still have your legs wrapped around me." She started to relax her legs but instead tightened her hold. "I'm never letting you go, either." She giggled. "Oh, Clark. That was marvywonderful."

"Marvywonderful. Hmm... nice word. Yeah, it was marvywonderful, wasn't it?"

"Ummm hmmm... How long before we can do that again... I mean, how long before you can..." She blushed. "Now, would be good, but I know it will be a bit... I mean.."

"Now, huh?" He chuckled and started kissing her. "*Now* it is, m'lady."

"Now! Oh, Clark. My... " She began giggling and kissed him back. "Yes, now." She said sexily. "You really are 'super', aren't you?"

He murmured against her hair. "It does have it's advantages." He thought about floating them but decided he'd wait til he was more sure of his powers. She'd really be surprised then.

A short time later, Caitlyn stretched contentedly. Clark started to move to her side, but she held him where he was. "Stay a minute more."

"I don't want to crush you," he teased.

"I doubt there's any chance of that." Then she started kissing him again. "You taste good, Clark." Then she giggled and pushed him over on his back. "And I think I want to taste all of you." And she did.

Clark pulled his breath in against his teeth. "Oh..ohhh...Caitlyn. Are you sure you've never done that before? I mean.. that's... oh, my... ohhhhh...." He reached over to see if Caitlyn felt as ready as he did. He smiled and pulled her on top of him. She tensed. "Caitlyn?"

"I'm not sure.. I'm.. ready for this."

"For this? We've already done this twice. Ohhh...."

"I mean this position. Oh.. well... maybe... Oh... that's not bad at all.... ohhhhhhhh...."

A bit later as Caitlyn lay on top of Clark, they talked about the interesting day they had had. Then Clark said, "It's not just been an interesting day, it's been an interesting month - an unusual month. Part of it's been pretty... terrifying."

She nodded. "Yes, Clark. Clark, you could not believe how scared I was when you came to the ER."

Clark nodded and swallowed. "I was pretty scared, too, Caitlyn. I was *so* glad to see you there." He paused and closed his eyes. "Have I told you I was awake through most of the surgery. I mean... it didn't hurt, but I was awake."

"No, but I heard you mention it to one of your kids. Are you sure you didn't have pain?"

He nodded. "Mostly, I just felt really stressed. It seemed like the surgery took forever."

"Well, you were in surgery for eight hours the first time. That's pretty long."

Clark closed his eyes tightly. "That long? I didn't know. No wonder if felt like eternity." Caitlyn shifted her weight and Clark winced. He took a sharp deep breath.

Caitlyn quickly moved to his side. "Clark?" She began to examine him. He winced again. She pursed her lips. "Why didn't you tell me you were in pain?"

"Wasn't until just a couple of minutes ago." He rubbed his upper abdomen. "It's mostly just where Los did his thing. It's still sore."

Caitlyn bit her lip and said worriedly. "Let me go get him. He said he'd probably have to do that a couple of more times."

Clark shook his head no. "No, he's tired, and it's better from just rubbing it. I'm fine. Quit worrying so much." He grinned and sat up. "I'm okay, now." He stretched then turned to her and said almost wickedly. "My turn."

"Your turn?" Caitlyn said dumbfoundedly.

"Hehe. For tasting."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zared and Jenni flew around the world and watched the sunset three different times. Then he flew her into space and showed her the stars and what the earth looked like from above it.

She smiled at him, and he at her. They were so in love.

It was many hours before they returned to the Kent household.

Jenni spoke for the first time. "Zared, thank you so much. That was the most wonderful gift anyone has ever given me.

He smiled and kissed her gently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three hours later Clark sat up in a cold sweat. He looked over at Caitlyn and put his hand on her lightly as if to assure himself that she was real. She was curled up in a ball and sleeping soundly. He was shaking and ran a shaky hand through his hair. He got up out of bed and went to the bathroom and splashed cold water on his face. He'd had a dream - a nightmare - about being chased by the mutilator who was wielding kryptonite. He knew he was probably being silly because the mutilator was safely tucked away in jail - surely they wouldn't let him escape twice, but none-the-less, he scanned the house and grounds and listened for every heart beat. Satisfied that everything was okay, he lay back down beside his wife.

He lay there a few minutes thinking about the dream and how scary it had been. He was just falling back to sleep when a knock came at the door. He got up, grabbed some sleep shorts and pulled them on and answered the door. It was Lara and she was crying frantically. He stooped down and pulled her into his arms. "What's wrong, baby girl?" All she could do was hold him and cry. "Are you hurt? Are you sick?"

She shook her head no. "Want sleep with you."

He held her and murmured, "Shhh... it's okay. What's wrong, honey?"

"Dream... Bad dreammm." Her tears had not calmed at all but had turned into sobs.

"Okay, let's go get you teddy bear, and..."

"Nooooo... I won't go..." She sniffed. "I won't back there," she sobbed.

He turned and saw that Caitlyn was watching them with wide eyes. He mouthed, "Put a gown on." She nodded. Clark took Lara by the shoulders and said, "Okay, you come with me, and I'll get your Teddy bear." He took her by the hand and pulled her along. She wouldn't go into her room with him though. He looked around to make sure everything was okay but saw nothing out of order. He picked up her teddy bear, walked back out and handed it to her. They returned to the master suite.

He sat on the bed and pulled Lara into his arms. "Can you tell me about the dream, honey?"

"Green monster," she cried. "Green monster." He held her tightly. He could rarely remember seeing Lara so upset. She began rocking.

Caitlyn patted the bed. "Come on, honey. Get in bed and snuggle up. Okay."

Lara pouted. "No, I want to sleep over here."

Clark shrugged. "Anytime she has slept with me, she wants to sleep on my side of the bed." He scooted over to the middle of the bed and pulled Lara against him. She snuggled up against one side and Caitlyn snuggled up on the other. It wasn't long before Lara was almost asleep.

Caitlyn raised her head and said, "Oh, the door's open. I'll get it."

Clark shook his head. "It's okay. I've got it." With that he closed the door using telekinesis.

Caitlyn's eyes were wide. "Telekinesis?"

Clark nodded, "Yeah. I've been experimenting with it. Safer than some of the other experiments I've done."

"Yes, I agree. This doesn't cause a headache, does it?"

"Nope, not a bit."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Clark's head had been turned from Lara when he closed the door. He thought she was asleep. She marveled at what her daddy had done. She wondered if she could do that.

She hadn't known until recently that she could talk to others with her mind and they could talk to hers, but she had known for along time that she often knew what people were thinking. Like right now, she knew that Zared was thinking about stars and sunsets. And K'al was marveling over his baby. Brook was dreaming about Legos. Jon was awake and was worried. He didn't really feel good. She didn't always know who was thinking what, but sometimes she did.

It wasn't that she was trying to be nosy. The thoughts were just there. Sometimes she could keep the thoughts out of her head, and sometimes she couldn't. She thought again about what her daddy did and resolved to try it herself later.

She snuggled up against her daddy and quickly fell asleep. She heard mommy and daddy murmuring, but she paid no attention. She knew she just felt safe now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tbc

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~