Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33679 10/25/06 09:38 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Well, you do hold up your standard! I've already told you how much I like your story, but I think I'm going to do so again: It's wonderful. My favourite, actually.

I'm glad to finally se Chloe's boyfriend (was he ever mentioned before?), and I particularly like the conversation that started between Claire and Trace. Another cliffhanger!

Sorry not to go into detail, but I gotta go. (I should have gone twenty minutes ago...) laugh

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#33680 10/25/06 09:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's wonderful. My favourite, actually.
Ah, shucks. Thanks a bunch!! Seriously, you don't know how much that means.

I should have gone twenty minutes ago...)
Oh, gosh. Does that mean I made you late for work? rotflol

Guess what guys? The next part is nearly ready, too. Barring any catastrophes, it will be posted by the weekend.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#33681 10/25/06 10:32 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm also pressed for time - aren't I always these days? - but I read and very much enjoyed this.I marvel at your ability to bring in new people into this story al the time and make all of them interesting, too. Fantastic. Meowoof is certainly right about this:

Meowoof gobbled the bite of turkey. She could talk these people into anything. This was such a lively household. There were always so many people here! She then looked up at Marisol. "Meooow. Meow," she begged.
Couldn't agree more! And hey, i want to give Meowoof a piece of turkey too, and I want to pat her, and scratch behind her ear, and run my hand down her back just so, and tickle her tummy just a little, and take a look at her paws - cat paws are so adorable! What do you call those little hairless patches? Pads? Are they pink or black? It's adorably cute when some of the pads are pink and others are black. Oh, my! And I want to hear Meowoof purr, of course! smile1

I, too, loved the development between Trace and Claire. I loved that he could tell the difference between the twins, and that he knew that Claire was Pixie. I want to see much more of Claire and Trace, and I want Jimmy to adopt him, too.

It was nice to meet Ben, too. He seemed like a nice boy.

And poor Marisol Stuart! Imagine losing your entire family like that. I feel like you have made her the Alt-Clark of this story, Nancy. Well, she should make a very good addition to this story.

And I wanted to hug Los! What a kind, lovely young man he really is - he's going to be a great healer. Too bad he's going to return to stuffy New Krypton. Living in a society like that one can't be good for anyone.

I was a bit disappointed that Rya didn't give birth in this chapter. But then again, that means I have a lot to look forward to in the next part.

This really is a great story, Nancy. You know, it feels totally like a very good soap opera, one that could go on for weeks, months or possibly years, while we look on and see what happens to all these people in it, and how they live their lives.

Ann

#33682 10/25/06 10:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was a bit disappointed that Rya didn't give birth in this chapter. But then again, that means I have a lot to look forward to in the next part.
Well, when I realized the chapter was up to 18 pages, and Rya hadn't given birth yet, I decided to split into two chapters. You'll get a baby in the next part. I haven't decided on the baby's sex, though. I have story lines for either one.

This really is a great story, Nancy. You know, it feels totally like a very good soap opera, one that could go on for weeks, months or possibly years, while we look on and see what happens to all these people in it, and how they live their lives.
Well, thanks, Ann!! My day just keeps getting better and better.

#33683 10/25/06 11:17 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Oh, gosh. Does that mean I made you late for work? [Strangled cat] If so, I'm honored that reading my story made you late... drool

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> "Oh," Clark said with realization of what she meant. He thought for a moment, not sure what to tell her. He knew who she was, knew she had been raised by a good family from Smallville, but he still wasn't sure if he could trust her. But yet, how could he lie to this girl?

While he was still deciding how to answer her, she pouted and said, "You are my father!"

For some reason, Clark hadn't expected that at *all*. He just assumed she would know the truth, but then why would she? He ran his hand through his hair. "Yes, I'm *him*. But I'm not your father."
I'm running out of superlatives here. What beats divine? confused Brilliant? Ingenious? Too good to be true?

"They... they.. were in the plane, too." She started sobbing. "I'm... sor..ry." She hiccuped.

He took her in his arms and held her while she cried. "Oh, Mari. I'm so, so sorry."
So sad. So sweet. So Clark.

Brook and Lara both walked out. Brook muttered, "Wonder why Jama got so upset 'cause I woke her up?"

Lara said, "Dunno. Something about a period."

Brook covered her mouth. "Oh." Lara skipped off, singing happily. Brook decided to join her and called, "Wanna play with the Legos?"
So wonderfully innocent! Totally adorable. I love Lara. She's the best of the lot! I just hope she won't outgrow being like this, but cuteness usually does.

"Well, I would say I wanted to visit the game room. But I have ulterior motives. I wanted to see Claire."

She flashed him another brilliant smile. "You've always been able to tell us apart. How is that?"

He shrugged, "I don't know." He wasn't sure he wanted them to know how he could tell them apart. Hey, if they didn't know about 'the dimple' then he wasn't going to tell them.
Nice way of making sure he has always (?) been interested in Claire - even before the Purple Pixie rescued him. Unlike the start Lois and Clark had, huh?

Since Marisol didn't have anyplace to go, Clark invited her to stay there for a few days. He was showing her around the house. He smiled. "We have several guests right now. Let's see where we can put you. Mom and Dad are in the blue guest room. Rya.." He paused and swallowed hard thinking about Rya being in labor. "..and K'al are in Zared's old room. Hmm... I can put Los in with Jon and let you stay in the upstairs guest room. That should work."

She nodded numbly, barely believing this man's kindness and generosity. She had been in foster care since her parents' and siblings' deaths, and when she graduated from high school she hadn't really had anywhere to go. There was no insurance money yet because there were no bodies.
Wonderful. Even if I have to reppeat myself, this is a family growing by the minute! laugh

He smiled. "I'm sure some of the kids can enlighten you about having powers. You might be particularly interested in talking to Jon's girlfriend, Hannah. I'll let her tell you her story."
I bet they can. And I bet she is.
thumbsup

"Yeah. Didn't know you were here. I'll be right down."
How could she have not heard him? Or is she only acting? wink

"Hi, Trace." She bit her lip.

He grinned and then unable to resist, he said knowingly, "Hi, Pixie."

"Pixie?" Claire said innocently and incredulously. She swallowed hard and didn't know what to say.
Yes! Another cliffhanger! You really make sure your readers will demand more. I hereby do. hail

#33684 10/26/06 06:14 AM
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Classicalla,

I've just come home from work and read Part 32.

I can only say... clap dance

Poor Mari, My heart goes out to her. She now has a new home where she will get even more love.

Re:
He felt a paw on his leg. He looked down and saw a cat. He chuckled. "So you must be the infamous Meowoof. I've heard about *you*. You think your half dog, don't you?" She rewarded him with a plaintive 'meow'. "Uh-huh. You want a bite of turkey, I guess. Okay, but just one bite. You probably aren't supposed to eat from the table."

Meowoof gobbled the bite of turkey. She could talk these people into anything. This was such a lively household. There were always so many people here! She then looked up at Marisol. "Meooow. Meow," she begged.

Mari grinned. "Okay. One bite from me, too. But that's all!"
I like Meowoof's "chutzpah" for asking for some turkey. Good Girl!

RE:
A very tall young man with green eyes and auburn hair smiled at her. "Hey. I'm Ben. You seen Chloe?"

She just shook her head no. "Nuh-huh. Haven't met her. I'm Mari."

He nodded. "Nice to meet you. Chloe is my girlfriend. She's one of the twins." He walked towards the refrigerator. "Oooh. Looks good." He proceeded to fix himself a plate. He walked over and hit the intercom to Chloe's and Claire's room. "Chloe?"

"Yeah. Didn't know you were here. I'll be right down." Ben smiled like a besotted fool.
I love the introduction to Chloe's boyfriend.

I hope that you don't drag out poor Rya's labour as I'm realiably told that it will cause her more distress.

Roll on Grandpa Clark - it will be very good medicine for him.

I'm looking forward to more on Claire and Trace, Los and Mari as well as more of the family.

Claire ran down the stairs and towards the game room. She stopped right before entering the room and checked herself out to make sure she was presentable. She walked in and shyly said, "Hi, Trace." She bit her lip.

"Pixie?" Claire said innocently and incredulously. She swallowed hard and didn't know what to say.
This is just beautiful.

Fantastic cliffhangers and story. There is so much I could of quoted the whole episode because it is so good.

Keep on supplying us with such good feelings.

With best regards,

Stuart.

#33685 10/26/06 10:19 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup

Claire ran down the stairs and towards the game room. She stopped right before entering the room and checked herself out to make sure she was presentable. She walked in and shyly said, "Hi, Trace." She bit her lip.

She better be Pixie or he is dead. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#33686 10/26/06 03:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, guys!!
~~

A pity I couldn't see the look on her face in that very moment. Must've been something like that: shock eek
Something like that....
~~

He nodded but was clasping his hands tightly. "It's just... it's just.. a little.. umm... unnerving seeing Los do that to my wife." Caitlyn nodded in understanding. He spoke to Lady Rya and repeated the conversation in Kryptonian.

I can sympathize with that! I really can.
Yeah, just imagine that was his identical twin ...
~~

Just a little bit funny, that snappy remark. It's very obvious she is in pain...
Hmmm.... might have to let her get nasty during transition.
~~

Oh, she reminds me so much of Lois, curious as a cat. And how she blurts out the question after the sequel - could she have the Lane babble-gene, somehow?
It does sound like she got a babble gene, doesn't it?
~~

At that moment, both Mari and Clark jerked their heads up and looked towards the second floor. Clark thought, <~K'al, who is that, and why is she in distress?~>

Oh, so she has practiced her telepathy, too. I wonder how she knew about it if Clark himself discovered it so much later. But then, he figured out a way to cut his hair much earlier than she...
No, they both heard it. As you will see later in the story, the telepathy is a surprise to her. Clark was directing his thoughts specifically to K'al. When he was speaking to K'al, she may have just thought he was distracted or was looking to see what was going on. She couldn't 'hear' what he was saying.
~~

I'm running out of superlatives here. What beats divine? Brilliant? Ingenious? Too good to be true?
Ahh.....
~~

So wonderfully innocent! Totally adorable. I love Lara. She's the best of the lot! I just hope she won't outgrow being like this, but cuteness usually does.
Yeah, they do outgrow this, don't they. Ah, well, she's got a few more years....
~~

Nice way of making sure he has always (?) been interested in Claire - even before the Purple Pixie rescued him. Unlike the start Lois and Clark had, huh?
It was serendipity when he realized Claire and the Pixie were one and the same.
~~

"Yeah. Didn't know you were here. I'll be right down."

How could she have not heard him? Or is she only acting?
Could be she was acting. Could be she was distracted and wasn't paying any attention. It's a big house. My thoughts are that she was distracted. Maybe she was primping for his arrival.
~~

Poor Mari, My heart goes out to her. She now has a new home where she will get even more love.
Yes.... lots of love.
~~

I like Meowoof's "chutzpah" for asking for some turkey. Good Girl!
Yeah, she thinks she runs the place, doesn't she?
~~

I love the introduction to Chloe's boyfriend.
Thanks. Somebody asked me - maybe in the last feedback thread - if he had been mentioned before. He was, but until now he has only been mentioned in passing.
~~

I hope that you don't drag out poor Rya's labour as I'm realiably told that it will cause her more distress.
Nah. At this point, she's only been in labor for a short time. Currently the story is set on a Sunday. She will have the baby on Sunday, because I don't want her to have the baby the next day. (You'll see why in the next part.)
~~

Keep on supplying us with such good feelings.
Thanks, Stuart!! You guys just make me blush - and smile - a lot!!! laugh blush
~~

When they get back a lot of time had pass in New Krypton.
Yes, a lot of time will have passed. No one will think that there was even the possibility that Rya was pregant when she and K'al were married.
~~

She was adopted.
Yes, she is. Her biological mother probably couldn't stand the idea of raising a child that had come about because of rape. But she did still give her life.
~~

Love is in the air!
Yeah. Now, if we can just keep Alex out of the mix. devil
~~

She better be Pixie or he is dead.
Oh, she is. She has 'the dimple'.

Again, thank you so much!!

#33687 10/26/06 05:29 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Nancy! Finally able to sit down and read this. YES! (you should put a lil blue arrow on your story, btw)

Meowoof says hi! No babies and no sex...
ROFL! Hi to the cat. And I have to say... Yay to the no sex. (sorry Clark!)

"Yes, I know. And yes, I'm finishing up the sequel now. It's probably going to be called The Calm."
Oooooooh! *applause* I'm a sucker for titles that go together like that, I do it all the time with my stuff - the calm after the storm, I think it's brilliant! smile

She replied nervously. "Yes. The.. umm... scissors broke." She looked at him with an unasked question. She was hoping he would know why she was here.
Ahhhhhhhhh! Krypterran, I suppose?

Mari was watching Clark intently and when he turned his attention back to her, she said, "You are him, aren't you?"
Ok wait... it took Lois 2 years to figure it out, but one jerk of the man's head and this girl ets it? I feel for poor Lois, here. It's like the whole galaxy wants her to be stupider than most. wink

Lara walked in then and said, "S'up?"
YAY! Lara's there! ...I love Lara. Seriously. If she didn't already have parents, I'd adopt her. Right now, on the spot. She'd just plain adorable!

And the conversation between Jama and Brook and Lara is just so cute and funny! smile I wonder what her question was... hoping we find out a lil later in that part!

Trace was excited as he drove to the Kent home. He had ulterior motives. He wanted to find out which of the twins was the Purple Pixie.
huh? wait, he knows it's one of them? man... my swiss cheese brain is leaking information out so bad... I don't remember how come he knows.

Great part, Nancy! I really enjoyed it!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#33688 10/26/06 06:09 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Nancy! Finally able to sit down and read this. YES! (you should put a lil blue arrow on your story, btw)
Thanks, I'll fix it! (Along with a few other boo-boo's in the story. Arggghhh...)
~~

ROFL! Hi to the cat. And I have to say... Yay to the no sex.
Last time you were upset that Clark and Caitlyn didn't consummate their marriage....
~~~

Ahhhhhhhhh! Krypterran, I suppose?
Ah, darn it all... How'd ya' guess?? wink
~~~

Ok wait... it took Lois 2 years to figure it out, but one jerk of the man's head and this girl ets it? I feel for poor Lois, here. It's like the whole galaxy wants her to be stupider than most.
It's only because she heard it, too.
~~

And the conversation between Jama and Brook and Lara is just so cute and funny! I wonder what her question was... hoping we find out a lil later in that part!
Her question had to do with sleepin' together. It'll come up in the next part... Poor Clark.
~~~

huh? wait, he knows it's one of them? man... my swiss cheese brain is leaking information out so bad... I don't remember how come he knows.
At first, he didn't. But he was enamored with the Blue Fairy and the Purple Pixie (especially Pixie), and he recorded the newscast they were on. After watching it over and over, and then hearing Jimmy tell Cat that Clark was Superman, he put two and two together. Then he watched the newscast again so he could figure out which one had 'the dimple'. He was pleased to find that Claire was also the Purple Pixie.
~~

Thanks, Lara!!

#33689 10/26/06 06:26 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
]Last time you were upset that Clark and Caitlyn didn't consummate their marriage....
hehehe - yeah... it looked a bit like they rushed into it so they could sleep together so that was a bit upsetting, but it was worse that once they finally did elope she ruined the wedding night -- that should not be allowed. *lol*

But the "yay" was mostly cause... well, you know, I can deal with the fact they're eventually going to have sex, I'm just not sure I want to know about it. That's all. wink

#33690 10/26/06 06:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, the sex will be there, but it will brief. After all, it's PG, and I don't think anyone wants to see it but me anyway.... Even if I did want to do an nfic version, I just am not good at it. It makes me blush to try to write it. I tried once (nfic version of Intrusion), but I don't think I'll try it again...

Glad I'm not the only one that keeps ridiculous hours...

#33691 10/26/06 06:47 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad I'm not the only one that keeps ridiculous hours...
eh... I was supposed to be in bed hours ago... baseball delayed Smallville... and then I just HAD to go and look for that info you asked about for the unanimated greamlins. wink And I'm sure I'll find yet another reason not to go to bed real fast...

wink

#33692 10/26/06 07:10 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sounds like me. I can always find something to keep me from going to be no matter how tired I am. I sometimes think it would be great if we didn't have to sleep...

#33693 10/26/06 07:47 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I know what you mean. I stay up much longer than I should, being terribly tired in the morning. But some things (stories/threads) are definitely worth it!

And, please, do try the nfic version. Your "Intrusions" was fine enough. (Okay, more than just fine enough, actually...). I don't know what was better: the nfic scene in itself or the twist afterwards. If you can copy that, I'll like it. And I doubt it's just me.

#33694 10/26/06 08:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, wow, you read the nfic version of Intrusion. I'm honored. Thanks.

#33695 10/26/06 08:20 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Of course I did! It's even in the "New Hero"-TOC. That's how I found it.

#33696 10/26/06 08:26 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, the version in the TOC is PG13. There's an nfic version on 'the other side'.

#33697 10/26/06 08:55 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Okay, I got that wrong: In the nfic- TOCs it's listed as a single vignette, but the reference to "A NEW HERO" is still there.

#33698 10/26/06 10:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yep, you're right!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard