Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Great chapter! I love Lois and Jimmy together, always have, just like brother and sister.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile Thanks Lisa!! I'm glad you liked it.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry it took me so long to post. I had a headache. (Yeah, I know - bad excuse, right? Those migraines just shouldn't do that to a person....)

~~

Seeing Lois and hearing her admitting that she'd really meant what she'd said about missing him had sent his brains and most of his insides into a mad whirlwind.
Hmmm..... Bet that's not all, Clark.
~~

He raised an eyebrow in doubt. Was she really acknowledging the fact that he'd been right? The great Lois Lane, admitting defeat? To *him*? If they got out of this, he'd have to mark his calendar, because this was something that was most unlikely to ever happen again.

She'd asked him to let her have it, hadn't she? Well, he couldn't possibly pass that up, now could he? He broke into a wide grin. "I told you so," he shouted, his head tilted up towards the sky. If he was going to say it, then the whole world would hear it!
Yep, better mark it on your calendar and then frame it!
~~

Yeah, Flash, you got it.
"Didn't your partner tell you anything? Oh, wait, let me guess," he said, waiving his index in the air a few of times as if to indicate he was trying to figure things out, "you were so happy to hear the sound of her voice, you completely forgot to listen to whatever she was telling you at the time. Did I get it right?"
~~

Hehehehehehehe.....
With that, he flew back down, dropped Flash unceremoniously right into the water and disappeared with a loud "swoosh!" sound.
~~

Ask about what?
Flash shrugged. He'd just have to ask about it later....
~~

Who got there first? (Oh, well, no contest. Superman stopped and checked on Lois and Jimmy. laugh )
he muttered as he headed towards the direction of the building Superman had shown him.

A fraction of a second later, he was standing right in front of it.
~~

Lois looked at her feet, her cheeks turning a bright shade of red. He can't see me like this, she thought, I look like a mess! No, no, no! Perhaps he wouldn't notice how absolutely awful she looked if she managed not turn her face in his direction? Lois forced herself to keep looking down
No orks for you, Lois...
~~

Jimmy was just as confused.... First Lois had started acting like Superman was just an ordinary guy she could push around and now Superman was apologizing to her? What the heck for? What was going on around here? Had everyone completely lost their minds?
Poor Jimmy!
~~

For a second, Jimmy wondered if he should ask Lois why she'd freaked out, but then decided against it. Perhaps it was just that time of the month. Besides, they were sitting on a very small surface and the last thing he wanted was to be sharing the space with Mad Dog Lane for... well, who knew how long it would take before Superman got back?
Ask her, Jimmy. Ask her! At this particular moment, she'd probably tell you!
~~

Turn the water off or you'll kill her!"
So my question is: How the heck does the woman take a bath??

clap clap

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sorry I have so little time to comment, Lara, but thi still feels like one of those happy colorful kiddie comic books I read when I was, uh, a kid - and that is meant to be a compliment!

I completely love this, though:

Lois had told him about the Weather Wizard and he seemed to remember that she'd hinted to the fact that there was something more about this story than simply one man controlling the weather, but he wasn't quite sure anymore. He'd been so busy trying to make her repeat what she'd told his mother that he hadn't bothered much with the rest of the information. He should have asked, he should have tried to get as much details as he could, but all he really wanted was to hear Lois tell him that she'd missed him. And then of course he couldn't stand to wait a single second before he saw her again.
Hah! Superman can't concentrate on fighting the bad guys because he can only think about Lois!

And then this - oh, so funny:

"I've found them," Superman told Flash, once they'd made sure the jewelry store wasn't going to be robbed for now.

"The Wizard and his henchmen?" Flash asked.

"One of them, anyway. How many more are there supposed to be?" Superman asked, immediately regretting having admitted to being a bit on the clueless side. He knew all too well that Flash would jump on the opportunity to tease him. He hardly ever missed one.

"Didn't your partner tell you anything? Oh, wait, let me guess," he said, waiving his index in the air a few of times as if to indicate he was trying to figure things out, "you were so happy to hear the sound of her voice, you completely forgot to listen to whatever she was telling you at the time. Did I get it right?"
Right, Flash!!!

And the Lois and Jimmy stuff was funny, too, and Livewire getting a bath she didn't need (but did), and the Weather Wizard losing his weather wizardry and turning into boring old Mark Mardon again (good comic book name, that one) - well, it was a most enjoyable chapter!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Nancy - I hope your migraine goes away soon, if it hasn't already. I know how nasty a thing that is to have to suffer through.

Ask about what?
Flash shrugged. He'd just have to ask about it later....
mmm.. ok, I thought that was obvious, I guess I messed it up when I changed what Superman said before he grabbed Flash and flew him up in the air.

Originally, upon having his super-hearing kick in, Superman said "Ah, damn it!" -- but then I thought maybe this was too much out of character for him to say. Then again, maybe not... If I had left that, would it have helped understand what is going on better?

Cause the thing is, his super-hearing kicked in when he heard Jimmy shout "I told you so", after which he heard Lois answer back and he realized that both of them where out there someplace. Of course it's raining like hell and they could be in danger, so the good super being that he is, needs to go check up on them. Hence, instead of going *with* Flash to the Wizard's hideout, he flew him up to be able to show him where to go while he himself goes and rescues his friends...

I'll see how I can change it to make it crystal clear that this is what's going on. Sorry about that!

No orks for you, Lois...
Gotta forgive the litttle French-Canadian girl, here... orks? I don't get it. ?! (the only orks I know are in "Warhammer" games and I'm pretty positive this isn't what you're referring too!)

Turn the water off or you'll kill her!"
So my question is: How the heck does the woman take a bath??
rotflol
Sonic shower, I guess? Like Star Trek... I dunno... Maybe she shakes it off? She's made of electricity, I'm not sure dirt sticks to her anyway. hehehehehe!!!

Sorry I have so little time to comment, Lara, but thi still feels like one of those happy colorful kiddie comic books I read when I was, uh, a kid - and that is meant to be a compliment!
Thank you, Ann! You have no idea what this means to me. I'm just about doing the happy dance over here. smile

Thank you both for the comments! I'm glad you enjoyed this part. sloppy

I've got a good chuck of part 10 written now (couldn't sleep last night. *lol*) and after the last two parts that had all the bad guys and stuff, this one is going to be a whole lot sweeter. Quite possible this will be the last one -- for real, this time. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard