OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! drool

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#33564 10/22/06 12:50 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Remembering the debacle with the coffee the previous morning
Was that really only yesterday?

She shouldn’t be allowed out of the asylum, really she shouldn’t, and it wasn’t going to be any time at all before Clark figured that out and turned his attention to a normal woman. A sane woman. A woman whose brain actually communicated with her tongue.
Love Lois' thought process! smile

Such great banter between them!

“You two must think I just fell off a turnip truck."
That is so Perry!

And then they walked together, hand-in-hand, down the quiet path that would take them back to the hustle of the city streets and, from there, to the rest of their day.
Is it too much to hope that their relationship is going to continue this smoothly?

Love chapter, Caroline. Thank you!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#33565 10/22/06 03:34 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Caroline, this part was absolutely fabulous! My favorite part was when Clark watched Lois lick the chocolate from her finger.

“Have mercy, Lois,” he muttered, just loud enough for her to hear.
That was priceless! hyper

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#33566 10/24/06 04:56 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww. Sigh... The hand hold was just the right finish. I love all her worrying about nothing. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#33567 10/24/06 08:24 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Me too, I adored the holding hands at the end. Perfect part. Can't wait for the next. smile1

#33568 10/25/06 01:18 AM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Thank you all so much for your comments! A few quick responses before I start my day.

I hate Luthor.
Me, too, Maria! Me, too. Unfortunately, it's hard to do a Pilot rewrite without him, but I've made a vow that should I be so foolish as to attempt another story in the future, there will be no Luthor in it anywhere.

Lisa said:

Is it too much to hope that their relationship is going to continue this smoothly?
'Fraid so. devil

*cues ominous music*

Well, maybe it won't be that bad, but there is still one major spandex-clad hurdle to be overcome. smile

ETA: Is it just me, or did anyone else read "spandex-clad hurdle" and get a little shiver?

Probably just me.

*wrenches mind out of the gutter*

Sorry 'bout that. laugh

Thanks Laura and Tahu for commenting on the hand-hold at the end. Clark is such a delightful character to write, because he does have that old-fashioned sweetness that just wouldn't fit with most of the other male characters I've written. I love writing WAFF, and Clark is perfect for it.

Ann said:

Just because Lois made love to Clark on their very first night together, she knows what intimacy with him is like. And it is worth - well, it's worth almost anything, especially since she is beginning to see that the gentleness and sincerity that he showed her that night was not a fluke or a temporary thing, not a one-night performance of his body. It was him, and therefore he is worth almost anything,
Yes. I think you summed up this story perfectly. The falling-into-bed may have been a mistake on a lot of levels, but it also was a shortcut to getting Lois's attention. All the denial that she went through in the first two seasons of the show was circumvented by this one act that she just can't deny, no matter how much she might want to. And I didn't say that very well, but it makes sense in my head and hopefully will all hang together and make sense in the story.

And thanks to everyone who laughed at my L&C banter. It is just so much fun to write but I'm not always sure how well it'll work for readers. Your comments are very reassuring...and much appreciated!

Best,

Caroline

#33569 10/25/06 08:55 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Caroline a marvelous part. evil

I hate Luthor.
While Luthor is an overused villain, I love him when he is written as I perceive him. That's hard because he needs to be absurdly twisted. In many fics he just turn into a rich brutish criminal and then he is rather disappointing to me. Perhaps the greatest reason I love MLT:s “First comes marriage” is her portrayal of Luthor. Devious and insanely evil. Never confrontational, never doing things the easy way.

In "If I Where You" I really liked that you made Luthor fixate upon Lois because he noticed that Superman desired her. Since Superman can have anything, surely there must be something special about Lois Lane? This is the really twisted Luthor I love.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
#33570 10/25/06 11:18 AM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Arawn, thank you so much for your comments on the latest chapter of "Stardust". I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I agree with you that both Lois and Clark are a little more fun when a few of those rough edges show.

As for the banter...no idea where it comes from, but I'm awfully glad you think it works! It is fun to write smile

Re:

In "If I Were You" I really liked that you made Luthor fixate upon Lois because he noticed that Superman desired her. Since Superman can have anything, surely there must be something special about Lois Lane? This is the really twisted Luthor I love.
You're the second person to mention this, and the first said that as far as he knew, this explanation for Luthor's behavior was unique to L&C fan fiction. If true, I find that amazing, since I never, ever assume I'll come up with anything unique! But that's been my reading of the Luthor-Lois-Superman relationship ever since I saw the first season, and I can't really imagine writing another interpretation.

Luthor's obsession with Superman makes perfect sense - he's obsessed with power and with being the most powerful, and from the time Luthor says, "let the games begin," and Clark tells him, "if you ever need to find me, all you have to do is look up," the competition between these two men is clearly underway. Luthor's obsession with Lois is harder for me to understand. Yes, she's a beautiful woman, but he has plenty of those. Aside from that, we don't see many interactions between them that would make me think Lex would fall in love with Lois (or his version of love). For me, the only thing that makes any sense is that he wants her because he wants to take her from Superman. Her feelings for Superman were always right out there to see, but Superman's feelings for her were only confessed publicly once, and that was right in front of Lex. I think that winning Lois Lane would be a huge power trip for Luthor, but mostly because of Superman, not because of anything inherently wonderful about Lois. Yep, he's definitely twisted.

The reason I don't especially like writing him is that I don't especially like writing A plot, and that's all he'll ever be in one of my stories. I basically write relationship stories - and make no apology for that - and Luthor works much better for me as a bad guy rather than any kind of serious rival for Lois's heart.

Thanks again for your comments!

Caroline

#33571 10/25/06 03:19 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, Caroline! I'm here! Now, with FDK for part 12. laugh

How could she possibly be in a relationship, with all that that entailed? She was sure to make countless mistakes and to hurt Clark’s feelings at every turn, and by the time she left her apartment, she’d convinced herself that the whole thing was going to be a complete disaster.
Lois is so insecure. Hopefully Clark's going to help her to change it.

She was a nervous wreck by the time she arrived at the Planet, and she felt almost resentful of Clark as she stabbed at the elevator buttons and tried to check her makeup one last time in their shiny panel. A week ago, she’d been able to go to work in the morning like a normal, calm, sane person, and now every elevator ride up to the newsroom was fraught with nervous anticipation.
Poor Lois. If she knew Clark better, she'd know he loves her anyway. She wouldn't be a 'nervous wreck'. drool

“You like chocolate?”

“Mmm.” She dragged a finger through the icing and then popped it in her mouth, sucking the chocolate off slowly, with an exaggerated look of pleasure. “Love it,” she purred.

Clark’s expression told her that her tease had found its mark; for a few seconds his easy-going, boy-next-door persona seemed to fall away, and something raw and hungry took its place. “Have mercy, Lois,” he muttered, just loud enough for her to hear.
Poor Clark. But it's good to see Lois teasing him like this. She's getting more at ease around him.

How could she have been nervous about an office romance? This was delightful. She had a sweet, wonderful, drop-dead gorgeous man bringing her coffee and doughnuts - chocolate doughnuts! - and flirting with her adorably. She’d have to be crazy to turn that down.
I agree.

She smiled at the realization that he was putting himself at her disposal. It made her feel secure and unusually generous. “It doesn’t have to be, you know,” she said teasingly. “Cat’s not the only woman who’s noticed you. As a matter of fact, I overheard a couple of women in the restroom the other day composing a poem about a certain part of your anatomy.”

The look on his face was priceless - a hilarious mixture of disbelief and mortification. “They were what!?”

“Not that part,” she assured him.
LOL! [Linked Image]

“I guess it’s too much to hope that they were writing a poem about my chair.” He opened his eyes and dared a peek at her. “There are lots of good rhymes with chair, you know. Air, fair, hair, bear, lair, square, dare....”

“Grass, pass, lass, sass, mass...” she countered.

“…blare, care - darn, this is getting harder – tear, pear…”

“Mutt, rut, putt, what, cut, lut…” she was laughing so hard she could hardly talk, let alone think of rhymes.

He was laughing, too. “Wait a minute! I need a judge’s ruling on ‘lut’. That’s not a word.”

“Of course it is. Which of us has three Kerth awards?”

He raised his eyebrows. “They give Kerths for making up words?”
Their banter is priceless! razz I loathe when he coaxes Lois out of her senses and she fails to see through his façade. grumble

Enough of rambling. [Linked Image] Okay, my FDK is up-to-date. Now I'm looking forward for next part.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#33572 10/25/06 10:05 PM
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
Just got caught up and I am absolutely loving this! Your style, your humor, is just amazing. I'm a sucker for good dialogue and you provide plenty of it. I worship at your feet.

The whole poetry exchange was inspired and had me rotfling. But my favorite line was this:

“So...the sex on the conference table is out, then?” he deadpanned.
BWAH! Honestly. You know how some people put WHAM warnings at the beginning of their stories? I think you should start posting DNCBWR warnings. That's Do Not Consume Beverages While Reading warnings.

More, please!

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
#33573 10/31/06 01:10 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Caroline, when is next part? wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#33574 10/31/06 07:53 AM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Hi Andreia smile

I'm sorry for the delay. I got distracted by the vignette last week and haven't had much time to write since then. I can pretty well promise a new chapter of "Stardust" this weekend sometime, but I doubt it will be ready before that.

Thanks for asking though - I'm flattered the story has been missed smile

Best,

Caroline

#33575 11/01/06 01:57 PM
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
I arrive shamefully late and I regret I really have no time to give proper feedback to this great story, but please be sure I read every of your chapters as soon as you post it, so I can say I love the new angle you are using to re-read the beginning of L&C story. I can't wait to read your next part! smile1

Simona smile

#33576 11/03/06 02:14 AM
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
P.S. When your next post? smile1

EDIT POST:

oops, I've just seen you answered in the other FDK!

Simona smile

#33577 11/04/06 02:36 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Part 13 any day now! wallbash

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard