Classicalla,

Wow! You've done it again! wave

Best Regards,

SNL

#33516 10/19/06 10:41 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I love it!

He smiled at the thought that Bach might be impressed by a piano, but he certainly wouldn't be impressed by Clark's nine children. He chucked softly. Bach had *twenty-one* children.
True, but Clark's family is growing by the minute. laugh

She sighed. "Well, you did get a blood transfusion, but your blood count is still very low, and you know... well... umm... certain activities require..."
LOL!

Meowoof decided to let Bear check this person out. The lady was like her new 'Daddy' and three of the others in this house. Would she be okay? She wasn't human, and the other non-humans and the human / non-human mixes seemed to be okay, but Meowoof wasn't going to take a chance with this one. She was shaking and was so scared. She could *hurt* a little cat like herself. Bear was bigger, and even though Meowoof knew Bear wouldn't hurt anyone, he definitely looked threatening. Bear even sort of *looked* like a wolf.
Incredibly sweet! Now, that's an angle. drool laugh blush clap shock

Lara pulled on Jon's shirt. "Yes, sweetie?" He bent to pick her up.

She pointed at K'al and said softly, "Jon, what is that? I don't have one of those."

Jon closed his eyes tightly and thought about the joys of having little sisters. "That's because your not a boy."

She said questioningly, "Yeah, but..."

Hannah took her from Jon. "I'll rescue you, Jon."

"Thanks," he said. "I was getting to it, but... you go right ahead." He grinned.
I love this little one! Just the right question to ask! Very four-year-old.

Lara said loudly, "So that's what that thing is! Daddy's told me about those." Most of those present succumbed to laughter at Lara's honesty and sweetness.
ROFL!

K'al climbed the steps out of the pool and stood there 'in all his glory'. "What... does... nude mean?"

"Naked?" Jon said in a half question, half answer.

"I.. don't... know that word," K'al said guilelessly.

Jon was blinking rapidly. He tightly pressed his lips together. "No clothes. It means, without clothes."

K'al suddenly blushed furiously at his faux pas. "~Oh, my, I should have known better. I just assumed since there was only one pool that the bathing facilities were for both sexes. Oh, oh. What have I done?~"
What you have done? "Entertained" every single one of your sisters (and your brothers' darlings), no less! shock Sounds like a gender-bender version of Snowhite and the seven dwarves to me...

K'al swallowed hard. "~We haven't been married that long. That's why. We've been married for six of your months. She is farther along than that.~"

Jon giggled. "~Sounds familiar.~"
History repeats itself...

She grinned. "Uh-huh." Then she whispered conspiratorially in his ear. "K'al was swimming in the pool without nothin' on. I learned somethin' new."

Clark started laughing. "Yes, I guess you did, didn't you?"

"Um-huh. So tell me. You're a boy. Do you have one of those?"

Clark nodded. "That's generally the way it works."

"Oh, yeah. And when I grow up, I'm gonna get breasts, right?"
Argh! I'm developing a cramp in my cheeks - from constantly grinning from ear to ear! This is soo cute. laugh

Clark stood up and yawned. He heard a wolf whistle and turned toward the sound. He just rolled his eyes when he saw who it was.

Jenni giggled and said, "I always did want to do that when Superman was around. I always wanted to pinch that lovely behind, too. First time I see you in the suit, I'm going to fulfill that little fantasy."
That's soo Jenni! Somehow, I'm reminded of Lois. Clark will have both his hands full with that one.

"Hi." She smiled. "I'm Marisol Stuart. Is Clark Kent in?"

"Clark Kent?" He said dumbfoundedly.

She nodded. "Yes. He does live here, doesn't he?"

"Oh, yes. Clark Kent. He's my Fa... friend. Please come in." He flirted with her a little and then said, "Your hair is beautiful. Have you ever cut it?"
Let me guess: She doesn't cut her hair because scissors don't work on it... She must be the other Krypterran Clark knows of. Looks like she likes Los... Hmmm.

As he turned to leave, he ran into K'al. He was very excited and grabbed Los' shirt. "Rya! Rya! Come. She... she..."

"Rya? Rya is here?"

K'al nodded. "She's... she's..."

Los took K'al by the shoulders and said, "Calm down! This isn't like you. Tell me."

K'al was breathing rapidly and he swallowed hard. "She has pain. The pain. ~Oh, you know. She is in labor!~"
As I said, a family growing by the minute. wink

I know this has gotten a bit long, but I really had to decide which things to quote. If you asked me, the whole story deserved to be quoted. There's so much going on...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#33517 10/20/06 02:48 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a wonderful way to start a rainy Friday morning! Thank you! thumbsup

Lara said loudly, "So that's what that thing is! Daddy's told me about those." Most of those present succumbed to laughter at Lara's honesty and sweetness.
She's so cute! I swear, if she didn't have parents already, I'd be first in line to adopt her. I absolutely adore her!

Then she added quietly. "~Healer Zor-Te was killed in the Thanae attack.~"

K'al was troubled. "~How many?~"
I don't mean to nitpick, but either I haven't had enough coffee yet of there's a lil bit missing here for this to make sense. ? I don't understand why he's asking "How many" - how many what?

Jenni giggled and said, "I always did want to do that when Superman was around. I always wanted to pinch that lovely behind, too. First time I see you in the suit, I'm going to fulfill that little fantasy."
ummm? isn't that just a tad inapropriate considering he's her father-in-law? ...mind you, it could be I'm just too old fashioned.(which I know perfectly well I am)

Great part, Nancy! clap
Can't wait to read the next one. smile I'm real curious to know who this Marisol woman is. Glad it wasn't Mayson. hehehe!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#33518 10/20/06 10:00 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
¿Habla Español?" He paused. "Português? Français? Deutsches? Svenska?"
Okay, Nancy, how can I not love this part, when you have Jon ask Rya if she speaks "svenska" (Swedish) - and you manage to spell it perfectly correctly, too? goofy

Unlike Lara, I was very relieved that we didn't have to see Clark and Caitlyn's wedding, and there was no wedding night. Not yet.

Well, my feelings about Clark and Caitlyn are what they are. But I loved everything else about this chapter!

He stood in the dark room looking at his beloved piano. He knew he shouldn't play right now, but he was drawn to the instrument in a way he couldn't explain. Maybe just one little Bach fugue. He sat down and turned the light on over the piano. He picked up his book of Bach fugues and flipped through it, quickly picking a piece. He began to softly play.
Jon totally reminds me of the boy musician in "Peanuts" - what's his name, Leonard? You made me feel that Jon may not be quite as obsessed about his music as Leonard is, but he still loves it, possibly as much as Leonard does. And I love Jon for this sweet interest of his!

He finished the piece and closed his eyes, thinking about the song he had just played. He wondered what J.S. Bach would think of a piano. Bach's keyboards had been a harpsichord and a clavichord.
I don't know what a harpsichord or a clavichord is, but I understand that they are instruments somewhat like a piano. And I love your knowledge about these instruments, so that you can give that knowledge to Jon.

He smiled at the thought that Bach might be impressed by a piano, but he certainly wouldn't be impressed by Clark's nine children. He chucked softly. Bach had *twenty-one* children.
Ah, yes, Bach. Quite a few people think he is the greatest composer of all time. Nancy, do you remember the late Carl Sagan, an astronomy and spaceflight popularizer? Sagan was a huge fan of Bach. When NASA was going to launch the first spaceship ever that was going to leave our solar system altogether - I believe that space craft may have been called Pioneer 10 or something - Sagan insisted that this space craft should carry several messages from humankind to the larger universe. Well, because you never knew if some little green men were going to intercept this spaceship one day, and then they needed to know who had sent it. Sagan put a lot of messages and images on a - I think it was an advanced kind of phonograph record. (Problem was, the LGM wouldn't be able to play it unless they managed to build a phonograph.) Sagan went to a lot of trouble to get very many different messages from the Earth, and among other things, he went to the U.N. headquarters in New York and asked representatives from all the different countries there to record their own message for the space aliens. The Turkish representative sent the following message (in Turkish, of course): "Hello, all Turkish-speaking friends...." goofy

Lady Rya likes music, she likes Jon, and she likes Bear and Meowoof. Yes, indeed, she is all right!!!

Caitlyn walked to the door and opened it to go get Los. Her eyes went wide when she saw him standing there.

He smiled a little. "Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. I didn't know how to announce my presence."

Caitlyn said, "You just knock. Like this." She demonstrated for him.
Ah, these Earth customs, they are a bother to learn, aren't they?

He nodded. "Oh. Okay. Father is ill?"

Caitlyn nodded and frowned slightly. "How did you know?"

"I.. umm... kept a tenuous connection to him. Just enough so I would know if he... what do you say?... ummm....again."

Caitlyn smiled. "The word you used, regurgitate, will work, but we usually say throw up or vomit. Actually there is a whole lot of words that could be used - some a little too descriptive, but those will do." She turned as Clark ran to the bathroom. She quickly followed.
Puke... barf... well, that sort of exhausts my knowledge of colorful words for spitting out half-digested food with your stomach.

"Oh," he said in understanding. They heard a knock on the door. "Come in." It was Jama. "Hey, honey."

"Hi," she said quietly. "I hope I'm not disturbing you. I know you are really tired, but I saw Los coming out of your room." Clark smiled to let her know it was okay. "I just.. wondered if you were going to be able to go to church today."

"No." He sighed. "Caitlyn and Los have both told me I have to stay in bed." He patted the bed. "Come here, sweetie." She sat down. "You've been awfully quiet, lately. What's wrong?"

She shrugged her shoulders and looked down. "Everybody has been worried about you."

He patted her cheek. "Yeah, but I think something else is wrong. Is there?"

"Oh, I don't know. Nothin'." She kissed him on the cheek and stood up. She smiled at Caitlyn, "Morning, Caitlyn." Then she turned to leave.

"I love you, honey," Clark said.

"Love you, Daddy."
This was a long quote, but it was good to see something of Jama.

Clark smiled and nodded. "Yes, she adores me. I imagine this 'accident' has affected her more than anyone. I haven't been able to really get her to talk about it much, though."

Caitlyn pursed her lips. "Maybe that's why she's been complaining of her stomach hurting."
Hmmm... there could easily be other reaons for a stomach-ache.

Jon did not notice the sleeping lady hidden behind his piano. As soon as he started playing, she was startled and let out a blood curdling scream.
Oh, wow!

He jumped up, knocked over the piano bench and ran to where she had been hiding. She was very much trying to fade into the background. He could tell she was terrified. He smiled and said gently, "Who are you?" She just looked at him and her eyes got even wider. She was hugging her knees to herself. "You... don't understand me, do you? Hmmm.... ¿Habla Español?" He paused. "Português? Français? Deutsches? Svenska?" She continued to stare at him blankly. "Italiano?" He sighed and raised his eyebrows. He wondered if his Dad was awake.
Ah, sorry to quote this again, but I love it! goofy

Jon's eyes went wide. She was speaking Kryptonian. "~You... you.. you're Kryptonian?~"

She nodded and said with a touch of fear. "~What do you know of Kryptonians?~"

Jon chewed his lip. "~Well...~" He paused and wondered if he should tell her the truth. He decided that honesty would work best with her. She was so frightened. "~I'm part Kryptonian. My father is Kryptonian.~"
So she's Kryptonian!

"~Your father?~" She stood up. She wore a long dress that flowed loosely around her. It didn't look like what he thought of as typical Kryptonian garb. But what did he really know about that?
Why is she wearing a different dress?

"~And who is your father?~"

"~Hmm... Are you from New Krypton?~" She nodded. "~Then you would know him as Lord Kal-El.~"

She took a deep breath and looked at him pleadingly. "~Lord Kal-El?~" He nodded. "~Can you take me to him? Maybe he can help me find Lords K'al-El and Los-El..~"

Jon reached his hand out to her. "~Come. I know where K'al and Los are. Would you like me to take you to them?~"

She nodded excitedly. "~Yes, please. I would very much like to see Lord K'al-El. I am Lady Rya, and I am his wife.~"
K'al's wife!!! I should have remembered!

Jon's mouth was hanging open. "~Wife. Oh. His birth wife. Oh.~"

"~Was. We have undergone the Ceremony of Union.~"
Interesting. Before the "wedding" she was his birth wife, and after the "wedding" she was his wife.

Jon nodded. He was surprised and wondered if his dad knew about this. He thought that it was probably a really good thing that they were officially married. He led her out of the room and stopped by a bathroom, explaining it's purpose to her. She nodded appreciatively. She entered the room.
Oh, I love this! You think about the small but crucial details, such as a person's need to use the facilities! goofy (There is an eeny, teeny, tiny, itty, bitty typo here: I try to teach my students the difference between "it's" and "its", and you accidentally put an "it's" where you needed an "its".)

Jon called to K'al but didn't get an answer. Maybe he was asleep. He made a general call to his family. <Anybody seen K'al?>

He got multiple answers. <Out here.> He followed to where 'out here' was. There he found Brook, Lara, Jama, Chloe, Claire, Hannah, and Jenni softly giggling.
Seven young females are giggling in concert?

K'al was swimming in the pool with no concern for any clothing. He seemingly didn't notice his audience.
*Snork!*

Jon rubbed his forehead and blushed lightly, feeling embarrassment for his brother. "I don't suppose any of you have bothered to say anything?"

Jenni giggled, "We didn't want to embarrass him. Besides he has such a nice body."

"Hey, you're married!" Jon said indignantly.

"Doesn't mean I can't notice."
Aaaah, I love Jon. I don't suppose he will be admiring other females when he has married Hannah.

Lara pulled on Jon's shirt. "Yes, sweetie?" He bent to pick her up.

She pointed at K'al and said softly, "Jon, what is that? I don't have one of those."

Jon closed his eyes tightly and thought about the joys of having little sisters. "That's because your not a boy."

She said questioningly, "Yeah, but..."

Hannah took her from Jon. "I'll rescue you, Jon."

"Thanks," he said. "I was getting to it, but... you go right ahead." He grinned.

Hannah took Lara to a chair and started answering Lara's question.
Adorable!!!!

Aaaaawwww!!!!! <loves>

K'al looked at Jon, cocked his head, and said, "Have I done something wrong?"
And in certain ways, K'al is as innocent as Lara.

Jon looked at all the females and snapped, "Go!" He motioned them away.
And Jon takes charge, to minimize the damage. He is such an incredibly good boy.

"Well, K'al, this pool is for swimming. We bathe in the house."

K'al smiled. "Oh. Okay. I've just... been swimming anyway." He returned to his swimming.

Jon cleared his throat. "K'al, we don't swim in the nude." He heard Hannah giggling and amended, "At least usually." He thought to Hannah, <I thought I told you to go away.>
LOL!!! LOL!!! ROTFLOL!!! goofy

Jon nodded. "~K'al, Rya, Kryptonian pregnancies only last seven months. That means you are close to delivery. Right?~"
Goodness!! She is seven months' pregnant, but that means she' the equivalent of nine months' pregnant!!! (And that lunkhead of a husband of hers didn't notice! <grumble>)

She blushed. "~Yes, I am. I think one of the reasons Lady Zara sent me here was with the hope that I would deliver here. Then it would be easy to... arrange things.~"

K'al took a deep breath in understanding. Jon was perplexed. "~Arrange things?~"

K'al hung his head. "~If it becomes common knowledge that she was pregnant when we entered into the Ceremony of Union, then it could cause a rift among the houses. That could be really bad."
I hate when people think that other people's love life is a reason to kill somebody, or start a war. mad

He turned to Rya. "~Rya, which healer have you been seeing? Healer Zor-Te?~"

She bit her lip. "~No. I don't... much care for him. I have been seeing Los-El.~"
K'al nodded then grinned. "~I can't believe you have been seeing Los, and he didn't tell me.~"

Rya responded somewhat chidingly, "~K'al-El, you know that a healer cannot tell what a patient does not want known.~"
Good! Even on Krypton, doctors apparently respect the idea of patient confidentiality (or whatever you call it).

Clark was still floating in the water. He woke up when he felt someone poking him. He stood up. "Hmmm?"

Lara hugged him and giggled. "You shouldn't be sleepin' in the pool. Might be dangers."
"Might be dangers" - oh, I love her four-year-old way of speaking!

Then she whispered conspiratorially in his ear. "K'al was swimming in the pool without nothin' on. I learned somethin' new."

Clark rolled his eyes. "Yes, Lara. Just don't grow up too fast, munchkin, okay?"

She splashed him and said, "'Kay." She took off and started swimming laps.
Lara is totally, totally irresistible.

"Did I tell you I talked to Caitlyn?"

"About what?" He wondered.

"You know... our appointment."

"Hmmph," he muttered in surprise.

"It's at 11:00 am tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? What if I'm busy tomorrow?" He said warily.

"You're not. Your dad knows about the appointment, too. He says you aren't canceling another one."

"So you still think I'm having kidney problems?" He pouted. "I told you I'm fine!"

"Maybe so, but better safe than sorry. And after I mentioned to your dad that you had been rubbing your back a lot, he noticed it too. I'm worried about you, Jon. I love you!
So Jon and Hannah are both going to have an examination. Good idea.

Clark knew Zared had given up and left, but now he felt like someone was staring at him. He opened his eyes. He smiled. "Hi, Jama. How's my baby girl?"

She shrugged. "Don't know."

"Yes, you do. I know you very well. Talk to me, honey. I know something's wrong," he pleaded.

She leaned forward and whispered, "I started."
Oh, so that's how you say it in English. (When I was sixteen, I was staying with an American family in the U.S. for a month. My English was pretty crappy back then, and I didn't know how to explain to the kindly mother of the family that I had my period. That was not a word I had been taught at school in Sweden.)

"Oh." He nodded his head in understanding. "And you aren't too happy about that?"

"No. It hurts." She frowned and a tear slipped down her face.

He sat up and leaned forward touching his forehead to hers. "When?"

"Yesterday." She stuck her lip out and pouted.

"Did you take any ibuprofen?" He asked as he brushed her hair out of her eyes.

She nodded. "Didn't seem to help. I just figured that's because I'm Krypterran."

He nodded. "Could be. Medication still worked for Chloe and Claire at your age, but everybody's different. Did you talk to your sisters?"

"No. I didn't want to tell anyone." She laid her head on his shoulder.
Isn't this so true. When your period has just started, you don't want anyone to know. At least that's how I remember it. (Unless you were one of those girls who neither had breasts nor your period when everybody else did.)

"No. I didn't want to tell anyone." She laid her head on his shoulder.

"Why honey?"

"Don't wanna grow up. That means I'm growing up." She sniffed.

He rubbed her back. "I'm sorry, honey. You know most kids can't wait to grow up."

She shrugged. "I know. I don't know what's wrong with me."

"Nothing is wrong with you, honey. You are a beautiful young lady, and you have nothing to fear about growing up. You hear me?" He winked.

She sighed. "Except cramps. And all that *stuff*."
I'm sure Jama is right, she doesn't want to grow up, and I admire her for being able to look at herself so clearly. Personally, I just remember it was embarrassing because it was smelly and disgusting - and what if it left stains on your clothes????

Clark saw Chloe and motioned to her. She walked over to him. "Chloe, Jama is having some cramps. Do you think you can help her out with some well placed heat vision and show her about heating pads and ice packs and such?"

Chloe smiled and nodded. She took Jama's hand. "Come on, sis. I'll show you the ropes."
I guess Chloe figured out that Jama's period had started. Chloe comes though as a very nice sister.

Clark stood up and yawned. He heard a wolf whistle and turned toward the sound. He just rolled his eyes when he saw who it was.

I love that she did that!!!

Clark turned to walk towards the pool. Jenni giggled and pinched his behind.
And I love even more that she did that!!! goofy

K'al was breathing rapidly and he swallowed hard. "She has pain. The pain. ~Oh, you know. She is in labor!~"

Los said, "I'm sure it just a few pre-pains. She's early."

"No, no. She came from later. I mean... To her, we've been gone a fortnight."
Rya is in labor!!!

Fantastic part, Nancy. And I've written a lot of rambly feedback about it, too. Hmmm... to check one's feedback for typos, or not to check one's feedback for typos, that's the question....

Ann

#33519 10/20/06 06:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahhh, look at all the wonderful feedback!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

~~~~~

You've beautifully left so many cliffhangers and I'm all worked up and if you post next Thursday like you have been, I can't wait for that post.
Thanks, Stuart! Those little cliffhangers keep my readers coming back. wink

Marisol's last name was a thank you to you for your effusive feedback!
~~

Why didn't he try Kryptonian? He could have voiced it, and nobody would have thought it strange - it would have been just another unknown language to a stanger.
By the way: It's "Deutsch", not "Deutsches".
Thanks, I'll fix 'Deutsch'. That's what I had originally, but when I double checked Babel Fish, that's what I got. That's not where I got the word for Swedish. Heaven knows what I would have come up with. blush

Jon didn't try Kryptonian because even the possibility of her being Kryptonian was the farthest thing from his mind.

I originally tried to do Russian and Greek, too, but when I went for a translation, I got it in those language's characters, and they wouldn't post. I didn't want him saying, "Do you speak Russian - or Greek," so I left them out. If anyone knows how to write that with English alphabet characters, I'll add it back in.
~~

What you have done? "Entertained" every single one of your sisters (and your brothers' darlings), no less! & Sounds like a gender-bender version of Snowhite and the seven dwarves to me...
Oh, my! I must have missed that version of Snow White.
~~

Ah, thank you! You are so sweet. You are making my cheeks cramp, too!! notworthy

Argh! I'm developing a cramp in my cheeks - from constantly grinning from ear to ear! This is soo cute. &
~~

Let me guess: She doesn't cut her hair because scissors don't work on it... She must be the other Krypterran Clark knows of. Looks like she likes Los... Hmmm.
Hadn't actually thought of that. Interesting idea. I think I'll use it.
~~

As I said, a family growing by the minute.
Yes, it is.
~~

If you asked me, the whole story deserved to be quoted. There's so much going on...
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! party
~~

Clark. You know you.. we... can't, don't you?
ok... wait... I have to protest here. First he needs to marry her before she'll sleep with him, which I'm ok with in all honestly, but damn... it happened way too fast. Way, way, WAYYYYYYY too fast. And now that they *are* married, she's ruining the wedding night? ARGH! Couldn't she have told him that *before* they went off and got hitched, at least? This girl seriously needs to stop thinking with the logical part of her brain all the time and not be a doctor 24/7, for God's sake!
Actually Clark knew they wouldn't / couldn't have sex. He was mostly just teasing Caitlyn. They both wanted to actually sleep in the same bed and both being a little old fashioned they didn't want to chance his kids catching them unless they could say they were married. The time they were in bed together to show Mayson that they were together wasn't real, and Jon isn't convinced, but Clark and Caitlyn don't really know that. They had a fairly good explanation when Brook caught them, but they didn't want to chance it happening again.

And yeah, it happened too fast. I wanted them to be impulsive! They were already engaged, so they went for it!

I will add something in the last part, though, to make it clear that Clark knew this from the beginning.

Don't worry, they'll get to 'it'.
~~

I dislike her so much it itches!
Itches, eh?
~~

"eh"? hehehe - sounds Canadian. LOL!
Really? Canadian, eh?
~~

Then she added quietly. "~Healer Zor-Te was killed in the Thanae attack.~"

K'al was troubled. "~How many?~"
I don't mean to nitpick, but either I haven't had enough coffee yet of there's a lil bit missing here for this to make sense. ? I don't understand why he's asking "How many" - how many what?
She had just said that Healer Zor-Te was killed in the attack. When he asked, "How many?" he was asking her how many were killed.
~~

ummm? isn't that just a tad inapropriate considering he's her father-in-law? ...mind you, it could be I'm just too old fashioned.(which I know perfectly well I am)
Yes, so am I. But Jenni feels very comfortable with Clark, and she is teasing him over her long time Superman obsession. Earlier in the story (probably too long ago) I said that she used to carry on to Clark about how much she wanted to meet Superman and how attracted she was to him. And later, Clark teased her back.
~~

Okay, Nancy, how can I not love this part, when you have Jon ask Rya if she speaks "svenska" (Swedish) - and you manage to spell it perfectly correctly, too?
Good thing, since I messed up the German.
~~

I don't know what a harpsichord or a clavichord is, but I understand that they are instruments somewhat like a piano. And I love your knowledge about these instruments, so that you can give that knowledge to Jon.
Thank you. Harpsichords and Clavichords have more of a twangy sound. You can somewhat hear the strings being 'plucked' when then keys are struck. Pianos weren't invented until around the beginning of the 1800's.

I knew about the phonograph recording, but I didn't know it included music. Good thing.
~~

One more thing about Bach - he was a sexist pig! He was a very successful man and he made a lot of money, but he did nothing to provide for his wife and daughters. When Bach died, his sons inherited his fortune, but his wife and daughters were left destitute.
I'm not taking up for Bach because many things have been written about his womanizing, etc, but I have to wonder if that wasn't par for the course for the time he lived in. Did you know that some experts now think that J.S. Bach didn't write all those pieces? Some are thought to have been perhaps composed by other relatives.
~~

I was initially very suspicious of this woman, but this paragraph put my suspicions to rest. If she can tell that Jon is a gentle man - and, if she can use such a nice and appreciative word as "gentle" to describe his non-violent disposition - then she must be all right herself!
You know what they say. Music is the universal language....
~~

I'm glad you like my feline and canine characterization.
~~

This was a long quote, but it was good to see something of Jama.
Yes, as you pointed out to me, Jama wasn't getting much written about her.
~~

Interesting. Before the "wedding" she was his birth wife, and after the "wedding" she was his wife.
Well, I figured it made sense, since the Ceremony of Union made it legal to consummate the marriage.
~~

(There is an eeny, teeny, tiny, itty, bitty typo here: I try to teach my students the difference between "it's" and "its", and you accidentally put an "it's" where you needed an "its".)
Argggghhhh..... I know this, I know this, I know this.... Arggghhhh......
~~

Seven young females are giggling in concert?
Bet that was quite a sight? Eh?
~~

Aaaah, I love Jon. I don't suppose he will be admiring other females when he has married Hannah.
Jon only has eyes for Hannah. Of course, that doesn't mean he won't notice.
~~

Jon cleared his throat. "K'al, we don't swim in the nude." He heard Hannah giggling and amended, "At least usually." He thought to Hannah, <I thought I told you to go away.>
LOL!!! LOL!!! ROTFLOL!!!
Ah, you remembered that Jon and Hannah like to skinny dip....
~~

Well, let's see, I know nothing about the Fireman of the Year award. Sweet'n'Low is in a pink package. The Mayo Clinic is in Minnesota. I doubt most Americans would know that. Standard typing paper is 8 1/2 by 11. I wouldn't have been able to tell you that a meerkat was a mongoose. Meerkat Manor is a delightful show, though.
~~

So that's why her clothing was different! But - hey, K'al just hugged Rya and he didn't notice she was seven months' pregnant???
Yes, how could you not notice, K'al? When you hugged her and all?
Goodness!! She is seven months' pregnant, but that means she' the equivalent of nine months' pregnant!!! (And that lunkhead of a husband of hers didn't notice! <grumble>)
Actually, I've seen ladies that are full term and you can hardly tell they are pregnant. I just put her in that category.

And yes, she is full term. In my story, Kryptonian pregnancies last for seven of our months.
~~

Ah yes, sounds familiar! And you know, Nancy, that I find that kind of thing romantic. Well, as long as the young parents-to-be are honestly in love, of course.
Yes, these two are desperately in love, despite the fact that they were wed at birth. That's why they had the Ceremony of Union so young. Then, of course, Zara probably thought they were already having sex - might as well make it legal.
~~

Good! Even on Krypton, doctors apparently respect the idea of patient confidentiality (or whatever you call it).
Oh, yeah, can you imagine Los' sister-in-law coming to him and saying, "Oh, by the way, I'm pregnant, but your brother and I... we had sex before we were really allowed to... and well, I'm too pregnant. And on top of that, I don't want you to tell your brother I'm pregnant. Okay?" laugh
~~

I'm glad you all find Lara so irresistable!

~~

Oh, so that's how you say it in English. (When I was sixteen, I was staying with an American family in the U.S. for a month. My English was pretty crappy back then, and I didn't know how to explain to the kindly mother of the family that I had my period. That was not a word I had been taught at school in Sweden.)
Actually you can say, I started my period, or I have my period. (Heck, you can even say you're on the rag.) Jama just couldn't bring herself to say it.

I guess Chloe figured out that Jama's period had started. Chloe comes though as a very nice sister.
No, she figured it out when Clark told her Jama was having cramps.
~~

Alex is disgusting!!! How does he make Claire go weak in the knees, though? Don't tell me he has Kryptonite!
I ain't tellin'. But remember how I told you a long time ago that he was a bad guy. (And no, as you suggested previously, he isn't Krypterran.)
~~

Marisol is an Hispanic name. I didn't make it up or anything. Don't worry, she's nice.
~~

So Clark is writing nfic.
Yeah, but 'The Janus Contract' was violent. And I'm surprised you didn't recognize this. wink This is one of the novels that Clark Kent wrote in the DC universe.
~~~

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback, guys. You have made my day!!!! Heck, you've made my week!!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#33520 10/20/06 09:42 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, return the favor: Make our day (or even week) by posting, ASAP! wink

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#33521 10/21/06 04:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just a quicky, cause I noticed it:

Marisol is an Hispanic name.
It's also somewhat popular in French where it's an abreviated form of "Marie-Soleil".

(I have other comments to make, but no time right now... no worries, I'll be back!)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#33522 10/21/06 07:02 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup

Clark rolled his eyes. "Yes, Lara. Just don't grow up too fast, munchkin, okay?"

She splashed him and said, "'Kay." She took off and started swimming laps.
Beautiful! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#33523 10/21/06 11:26 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Is this Clark ex?
Oh, Heaven's no!

~~

Clark doesn’t know his daughter in-law is here and on labor.
Not yet, he doesn't!! He will soon! laugh

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#33524 10/21/06 11:40 AM
SNL Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Dear Classicalla,

Re:

Thanks, Stuart! Those little cliffhangers keep my readers coming back.

Marisol's last name was a thank you to you for your effusive feedback!
I'm touched and honoured! hyper hyper wave

Stuart

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard