Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33473 10/17/06 08:27 AM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Another great part! thumbsup

I'm sure I'm not the last who will say this but...I eagerly await the next part!

"Oh--as usual--dear." -Giles
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, yeah, Luthor! You've definitely misjudged him.
But exactly that had happened. Obviously he had misjudged Kent,
~~

Smarter that you, Luthor!
Of course, that was assuming that he was smarter than he looked.
~~

Luthor knows not what he says nor how true this is!
Kent’s fame had risen and set with the sun. But his sun was extinct.
~~

Mean, Evil, Wicked, Wicked Man!!
He wanted to see Kent suffering for the rest of his life knowing that he had lost Lois.
~~

Ahh, you lean back and think about it good, Lex, because you don't with whom you are dealing!
To help himself think, Lex lit another of his cigars and smoked it with delight.
~~

That woman might possibly be evil than even Lex.
She needed Lex until she wore his wedding ring. Only when she was his wife she could become his widow.
~~

And now Lex has messed that up, hasn't he?
She had always felt that there was something underneath the surface that she could touch, but she had never known what it was.
~~

Wonder what's gonna happen when you find out the real truth, Lois?
Another strange thing was that she didn’t really feel angry about his deceit.
~~

Liar, Liar, Liar, LIAR!!
“Clark has told me a lot about you.”
~~

Pretty funny since he hasn't even laid eyes on you!
Not only is he afraid that someone might see through his disguise, he is also more than anxious that another man might lay his eyes on me.
~~

More like you turned his brain into jelly, Lois.
Somehow her beauty had turned Clark’s brain into jelly.
~~

Ahhh.... Can I find out about one or two, too?
They would always be hunting for sweet little baby stories of the famous hero.
~~

Sic him, Clark. Sic him!
This was the single best opportunity he had ever had to hunt Luthor down, and Clark seriously hoped that he wasn’t going to blow it.
~~

Probably not much.
Was there anything evil happening in this city that wasn’t caused by Luthor?
~~

Maybe you better, Clark....
“What do I have to do to make you believe my words? Wear tights?”
~~

I love this line. Lois thinks Clark might dress in drag to prove his words to her.... Haha.
“You don’t have to steal your wife’s clothing, Clark.” Lois said and ran away.
~~

It's because you love him, you lunkhead.
What was there about Clark Kent that had made her cry for the second time this day when she hadn’t cried for years.
~~

Ahhh.... Yes, she does need him.
She relied on him, and she needed Clark to talk to. It didn’t matter how unkind he had been; because she still needed him.
~~

Great part, Barbara!

And thanks for the thanks! I appreciate that.

Nancy

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
I was hoping that Lois was talking with Henderson and Clark would overhear them discussing his "wife". Then he would stop Lois and explain, but...oh well!

That was very rude of you to leave us hanging there and I don't appreciate it. peep

Please hurry back soon. Evil Luthor!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Barbara, I have no time at all right now, but I just wanted to say that I've read this and enjoyed it, and I'll be back with more feedback later.

Ann

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Sorry but I can't be back with more at least until Saturday. And that depends on Nancy having done more beta-reading until then. huh huh
I'm way to quick with posting, I guess.

I didn't want to post that whole thing at first, but I couldn't leave Ann with another proof of Lois being extraterristically stupid. blush blush

Thanks ultragirl, I really appreciate your compliments.

I'm really doing my best at writing a worthy happy end now. I think you, Clark and Lois deserve that after all the trouble I created. wink

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Finally some real feedback....

Luthor was well-known, whereas Kent was a nobody. He had gained a small amount of fame writing articles for an important newspaper. But the problem with newspapers was that they were read one day and thrown away the next.
This is very interesting.

In this fast moving time, the headlines of today were forgotten completely after twenty four hours. The Planet hadn’t been published for almost a week now. Kent’s fame had risen and set with the sun. But his sun was extinct.
Like Nancy said, this is brilliant. Kent's fame had risen and set with the sun - that alludes to the fact that the paper he worked for, the Daily Planet hadn't been published for twenty four hours, and during that time, Clark Kent's fame had risen and set. Now, though, his sun was extinct - yes, because the Daily Planet had been the "sun" that allowed him to shine, but now it was destroyed. But in a figurative sense, it is also true that Clark Kent's real sun, Krypton's sun, was - well, not extinct, because the astronomer in me totally rebels at the thought that it would be possible to see planet Krypton from the Earth, but nobody on the Earth would have noticed when Krypton's sun went supernova and became a million times brighter than our Sun!!!! So, no, Clark Kent's sun, Krypton's sun, has not gone supernova and is not extinct, but it has lost much of its "glory" after Clark's home planet, Krypton, became uninhabitable. Anyway, brilliant word play, Barbara!

He would ask Mrs. Cox to make sure that everything happened as he wished. He could trust her with important tasks, and it wasn’t easy to find people like that these days.
I like that Lex is a bad judge of character, too. I mean, it's not only Lois who is galactically stupid!

Mrs. Cox didn’t love Lex; she wasn’t able to feel love. In this respect the two of them were similar. But she admired the man's status and power, and she desired the man himself. That was as close to love as she would ever get.
I think this is a brilliant description of the kind of attraction somebody like Mrs. Cox would feel for somebody like Lex Luthor.

Mrs. Cox had no illusions about Mr. Luthor. She knew that he was rotten to the core and that trusting him was nothing she’d ever dare to do.
Imagine wanting a man like that. Mrs. Cox makes me shudder.

She needed Lex until she wore his wedding ring. Only when she was his wife she could become his widow.
Ooooohhh!!!! The black widow!!!

She had rummaged the living room of her best friend to find the proof she already had. The detective had told her that Clark was married, but she had searched for the document.
And the fact that she hadn't found it didn't make her question the reality of his supposed marriage.

Sarah might explain his frequent disappearances. Maybe he visited her every spare minute that he could find and risked losing his job to be with his beloved wife. Clark might have planned how to get her out of prison for all Lois knew.
Well, this is an interesting theory, if nothing else.

The worst thing was that she didn’t know him any more. He had hidden such a vital part of his life.
You don't know the half of it, Lois. :rolleyes:

Maybe her visit that morning had only one reason: she wanted to reconnect with the friend she’d lost. Lois had an urgent need to become acquainted with the real Clark. She had always felt that there was something underneath the surface that she could touch, but she had never known what it was.
I think Lois is taking a very honest interest in Clark here, which I appreciate.

Now she had the chance to get to know him completely. She'd never had that before. Lois wondered about herself. Why was she so interested in Clark beyond just the friendship?
Because you love him?

She shook her head. No, this wasn’t beyond friendship. Being interested in the other person was part of being friends.
But she can't admit it to herself. Groan. Barbara, please give her a few more of those dreams where she is embracing and kissing Clark.

Another strange thing was that she didn’t really feel angry about his deceit.
Yes, that's interesting. I would normally expect Lois to be angry about "finding out" that Clark has kept such a thing a secret from her. Is she out of character here? I don't know. I do know that I like her better this way, at least as far as her lack of fury is concerned!

She understood that talking about his wife must be painful for him. She hadn’t let him in on every painful moment of her life either.
I like this! Lois really cares about Clark!

Clark's supposed "wife" was really disgusting. I won't quote much, but this was depressing:

She didn’t want any trouble with Clark’s wife. Where had he found her anyway? Had she always been like this? Was something about her so irresistible to men that he couldn’t help himself? When she watched the guard, Lois had no doubts that this was the case. Somehow her beauty had turned Clark’s brain into jelly. She didn’t envy him his fate. She had always thought that Clark was different, but maybe she was mistaken about that.
Oh, Lois. Clark never fell for that woman! If he knows her at all, he probably caught her red-handed when he was being Superman, and she was committing a crime.

And there was another thing she wanted more than anything: more information about Sarah Elaine Warner. She would go to the police department and ask Henderson.
Well, hopefully Lois will uncover some important information about Sarah that helps her realize that that woman is not Clark's wife. (Then again, Nancy said that things in your story would get worse before they got better.)

Clark regretted losing his temper. It was so totally unlike him. It had prevented him from really hearing what Lois had said.
That's so, so true, Clark!!!

What you said about how the media would react if they learnt that Superman is Clark Kent was frighteningly convincing and horrible:

Clark knew the media. If everybody in Smallville knew that Clark Kent had always had these powers, the TV and newspapers would find people claiming that he had hurt them. For some reporters, it didn’t matter what was true and what wasn’t. They would say whatever sold. And it would be boring news to say that he had mostly been a nice little boy. So since they couldn't find real scandals, they would invent them.
Oh, poor Clark! If the media wrote about him this way, he would truly wish he could leave the Earth and go back to the ruins of Krypton.

The incident at the police station was interesting. Lex was behind it, of course. And as usual, it's impossible to prove his involvement.

Clark saved the life of a police officer who had lost his wife to leukemia, and that got him thinking:

When Clark stepped out of the police department he was very aware of the fact that life was often too short to have a second chance. He had to make up with Lois as soon as possible.
Isn't there a song called "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do"? Well, making up is apparently no easier:

“I had to talk with Henderson,” Clark said. “There is still someone in jail who counts on my help.” He sounded somewhat reproachful. Lois didn’t really understand why. After all, his wife was sitting behind those steel bars for a reason. She had killed someone.

“You can’t help everyone, Clark. Some people sit in jail for a reason,” she replied and bit her lip again. Why was she provoking another argument?
Clark is talking about Jack, I suppose, but Lois jumps to the conclusion that he's talking about his "wife".

“Have you ever heard of the concept of innocence?” Clark asked. “Not everyone behind those steel bars is guilty of what he’s accused of. Unfortunately not everyone breathing the air of freedom is innocent either.”

“Clark, please stop this stupid crusade against Lex. He isn’t personified evil as you tend to see him.”
And they are at it again. Fighting.

“Lois, can't you see through his disguise? He is personified greed; he does literally anything to achieve his goal.” Clark said helplessly. How was he going to make her see the true personality of Lex Luthor?
But I have to say that Clark is doing an extremely bad job at proving to Lois that Lex is a criminal. He isn't showing her any evidence at all, not even a shred of circumstantial evidence.

“You’re envious, Clark, and jealous. Why do you begrudge me living with Lex?”

“You don’t listen to me, Lois.” Clark stated annoyed. “What do I have to do to make you believe my words? Wear tights?”

“You don’t have to steal your wife’s clothing, Clark.” Lois said and ran away.
Let's hope Clark starts wondering what that "your wife's" clothing was all about!

Why was he like this? She had always considered him to be her best friend, but during those last couple of days he had been so mean. She felt tears streaming down her cheeks. What was there about Clark Kent that had made her cry for the second time this day when she hadn’t cried for years. Lois couldn’t believe it, he made her behave so strange that she didn’t recognize herself. She had lost him for sure now. They were not able to talk to each other without arguing. Lois felt so empty. She relied on him, and she needed Clark to talk to. It didn’t matter how unkind he had been; because she still needed him. Why was she already missing him so much?
I love that she loves him so much, and that it makes her so miserable to think that she has lost him. But I still get so tired of her because of her refusal to admit to herself that she loves Clark Kent.

Had she again managed to fall for the wrong guy?
Is she beginning to see the light? Is she beginning to understand that Lex is not the man for her, and that Clark is?

Now I guess I have to go look for that part one, Barbara, where you promised you had left something for me!

Ann

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Ah, yeah. Rather brilliant I am. First I write English like it's written in German: with 'sch'. So if anybody ever wanted to know how this is ponounced, it's clear now. blush

And to make it even worse I said this was part 6 while it's already part 7. blush blush blush

I can't possibly need holidays again. But it just seems like that. wallbash

Think before you write, Barbara! Stupid you. wallbash

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Ahhh...no Ann.

I'm really not too good at this language, am I?

Had she again managed to fall for the wrong guy?
That's why I added this last bit for you!

The First Part thing was the explanation why I need to mess up things even more. I must make Clark falling down from Lex Tower - remember?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry but I can't be back with more at least until Saturday. And that depends on Nancy having done more beta-reading until then.
Nancy is covering her eyes and peeking out. peep

I didn't pay any attention to this, Barbara. I just thought you were joking with us and reminding us that you are a German speaker.

Ah, yeah. Rather brilliant I am. First I write English like it's written in German: with 'sch'. So if anybody ever wanted to know how this is ponounced, it's clear now.
And as for this:
And to make it even worse I said this was part 6 while it's already part 7.
You can easily edit it! Along the top of your post where the date is are icons that includes an envelope and one with a pencil / piece of paper. Click on the one with the pencil and you can edit anything that you need to.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
No I wasn't joking. There is no such combination as sh in our language. The c jumps always in between them, whether I want it or not.

And you might have noticed that I know how to edit. I changed my mistakes. blush blush blush

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard