Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
I liked this.

I like that it is from a new character's PoV and that the whole story is a little mystery of sorts. I like that you have given it great atmosphere and that it is somewhat bittersweet.

Nice job.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Interesting. An very unique idea. Well executed.

A nicely played, original plot.

Tank (who thinks that 'Tank' would have been a good nickname for a musician)

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
wildguy Evil, truely evil. party

Framework4
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Thank You.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Pulitzer Member #1269 reporting for duty. She regrets to inform you that she understood very little of your story. An honorary medal of Distinguished Galactic Stupidity is hereby awarded to Pultizer Member #1269, who, by the way, is also the Quuen of Tyops.

It is a good thing that the other Pulitzer and other Members posting here have not earned the same award.

Puiltzer Mmeber #1269

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh I loved this!

But now I'm all depressed because I had written a few snippets for a story based on this same type of amnesia. I'm new to the fandom, so I didn't realize it had been done before. I watched 50 first dates the other night and was inspired.

I may still write it eventually, if you don't mind. It's different from yours and it's from Lois's perspective. So it's not *exactly* the same.

But I loved this. It was such a unique idea, although it was sad to me. Sad that Clark got everything he wanted, but couldn't remember it most of the time. Sniffle, sniffle.

Great job!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Bittersweet is definitely the word for this one, Mary, and, yes, I'll admit to a few snuffles, reading it.

Beautifully done. thumbsup

Don't forget to submit it!

LabRat smile

PS - Love the title - which is what made me read.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
How awful it must be to suddenly realize that you've forgotten the people who mean the most to you. And how jarring it must be to suddenly remember them, and sometimes realize that you've been conversing with someone you know and love but didn't know from Adam's housecat.

And how awful it must be for the loved one to know that you don't remember them, don't recall how important they are to you, and to not be able to treat you like a fully responsible adult. Clark must have slipped away from his keeper for the moment, and it's fortunate that he picked that restaurant. Or is it something he does often?

It's not unlike caring for an Alzheimer's patient, isn't it? The mind is never completely gone, but it comes to visit for a while and then goes walkabout and doesn't leave a forwarding address. Most poignant and somewhat disturbing on several levels.

I'll be redundant. This is most bittersweet, with the accent on the bitter. But it's also excellent. I wish I could say I liked it, but I can't. And it's me, not you, because the writing is, as our Brit friends say, 'spot on.' And I chuckled at the description of the almost-in-tune piano. I've played a few of those in my time.

I watched my grandmother leave years before her body did. I've known others who slowly faded away over time, some of whom came back for brief visits, but who all eventually left. This reads like that to me, that Clark is well along in his dotage and not far from a peaceful death surrounded by friends and family he likes but somehow can't quite remember.

You presented this painful subject with tact and taste, and please don't take this entry as a negative one. It's my personal problem, not yours, and this piece should show up on some award list sometime soon.

Thanks for a well-written piece that touched my heart. Maybe you could make us laugh next time.

Or even just giggle a little.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Wow. eek
I was not expecting it to go over so good. Thanks, guys! hyper

Originally posted by MetroRhodes:
Oh I loved this!

But now I'm all depressed because I had written a few snippets for a story based on this same type of amnesia. I'm new to the fandom, so I didn't realize it had been done before. I watched 50 first dates the other night and was inspired.

I may still write it eventually, if you don't mind. It's different from yours and it's from Lois's perspective. So it's not *exactly* the same.

Great job!
jawdrop WRITE IT!!! WRITE IT!!!!
You can't just Not write something because somebody poked at the subject with a stick; some concepts in this fandom have been hashed and rehashed, and the result has been unique and interesting virtually every time---Just look at TOGM!

So pleeeeeease write it. You don't owe me any royalties or anything. Heck, you can even make his grandson a musician. wink

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard