Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Clark stopped in mid-flight. That had sounded like Lois!
I like this because it is so accurate. An old boyfriend called me the other day and I knew who it was the second he said "hello", even though I hadn't talked to him in almost four years. (And, no, I don't have caller ID!) The brain remembers things like that.

For a moment, they only stared at one another. Then, she suddenly flew down the steps and wrapped her arms around him. She clung to him and cried, all the while mumbling things he couldn't quite comprehend.
That is so sweet. But I bet that in two seconds, Lois is going to get over the sweetness and be really mad.

Then, much to his surprise, she took a step back and slapped him. Hard.
Ahem. As I was saying.

Okay, so maybe I was wrong for not telling you about him; don't change the subject!"
I love this, she is anticipating what he is going to say and objecting before he can even say it! That is so Lois.

Dr. Klein frowned as he fiddled with a wire. Come to think of it, he should probably consider calling Betty. They hadn't really kept in touch since Med. school, so it would be a good idea to catch up on things---maybe just call and say "Hi; how are you; are you married; do you have any kids; are any of them mine...."
LOL!

"My baby needs blood! I don't care if you have to call in a Kryptonian vampire!"
LOL again! Fierce mama lion Lois!

"What is it? Some kind of blood-restoring formula?"

"Orange juice."
This chapter is really tickling my funny bone.

The idea of Lois moving in with Clark so quickly and especially sharing his bedroom seems out character for her. But that's just me.

Nice chapter!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup

Clark sighed. "As much as I'd like to have you, Lois, I don't think there's enough room for the three of us. There's a small area I can turn into a room for Mike, but there's no way you both could fit in there. The only way it would work is if we both shared my bedroom."

"Okay."

Clark's eyes widened. "Okay?"

"Well, sure, Clark! I mean, if we are seriously thinking about someday getting married, then Mike will need to get used to the idea of his mother sharing a room with some strange man." She grinned. "Just don't try anything funny, Farmboy!"
Love it! hyper hyper

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Why didn't Clark go looking for Lois when she ran off? I guess there would not have been a story then, Huh?

Those living arrangements are going to be interesting. dizzy

Hurry and post more!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Clark could never get over how alive the city was, even at night. Right now, though, everything was relatively quiet. No one seemed to really need his---

"Help, Superman!"

---Help.
Ah, Mary, I love your inimitable writing style! laugh

Clark stopped in mid-flight. That had sounded like Lois! But, she had left Metropolis, hadn't she? Was she back? Or was he going crazy?
What is it with these Super Guys when they have had unprotected sex with Lois Lane? They can't wrap their little brains around the possibility that, hmmm, you know.... So maybe they should not lose track of their Loises?

He landed softly behind her. "Lois?"

She turned around. For a moment, they only stared at one another. Then, she suddenly flew down the steps and wrapped her arms around him. She clung to him and cried, all the while mumbling things he couldn't quite comprehend.
Ah, I love this!!!! She is so incredibly glad to see him! And so, so sad for all the things that might have been.

Shocked, all Clark could do was hold her while she let it all out. When her tears let up, he looked into her eyes and brushed away the few remaining tears with his thumb. Then, much to his surprise, she took a step back and slapped him. Hard.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she shrieked, "I thought we were friends; you should have told me! Why didn't you tell me you were Superman?"
Priceless! PRICELESS!!! Clark shows up in his Superman persona, and Lois slaps him - she slaps Superman - and demands that he explain why he didn't tell her he was Superman!!!!

Why didn't he tell her WHAT?

Lois glared at him. "If I'd only known, none of this would've happened! I would've known what to do; I might've gotten here sooner, then he wouldn't be in there fighting for his life! Okay, so maybe I was wrong for not telling you about him; don't change the subject!"
Lois anticipates Clark's very legitimate protests about not being told about her pregnancy and their son, so she shuts him up before he even knows what he is going to protest about!!! Hilarious!!! 150% Lois!!!!

"Lois, save who?"

"Didn't I tell you?"

"No! Lois, not one sentence in that little rant made any sense to me! Just what exactly are you talking about?"

Lois lowered her head. For a long moment she was very quiet, but her heartbeat became very rapid. She almost looked like she was going to cry again. Finally, she swallowed and looked him in the eyes. "Clark, you're a dad."
Oh, wow, priceless!!! Again! The continuation of the "Why didn't you tell me you were Superman, Superman" rant - "Clark, you are a dad!"

"Lois, how? When?"
Duh, Clark. Better watch out, or Mensa won't be able to exist another day without having you as a member.

All Clark could do was stare at her. His mind suddenly seemed incapable of any coherent thought. It was as if his brain, unable to process the onslaught of new and unexpected information, froze over.
goofy

Neither of them heard the door open.
And now, of course, we need the usual cliffhanger. Is that Doctor Klein?

This was so much fun, Mary! Please don't make us wait for part four as long as we had to wait for part three!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting idea!! I often thought about making Clark a blood donor ( is that a word? I don't know, but I'm not in the mood for looking it up)

I like your story. The Dr. Klein-thinks-about-finding-out-if-he-has-children-of-his-own-Part was really prizeless.

Poor little toddler Mike. I'm really looking forward to part 4

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Yes, 'blood donor' is the correct term, B. And this whole chapter was interesting for all the reasons already enumerated. And I also wonder who opened that door at the end.

But will Lois feel so copascetic about these arrangements once Mike is on his feet again? Will she regret being so hasty as to move in with a man who deceived her for so long, and then let her go without that much of a fight? I foresee complications in their future.

I foresee a sequel. Or, at least, a continuation.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Terry Leatherwood
I foresee a sequel. Or, at least, a continuation.
Yes hyper I vote for that is to good to leave it there.

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Cute part! Can't wait for the next one.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello, everyone! laugh

First off, I would like to thank everyone who's been reading so far, and everyone who's posted FDK, and Julie for helping me write it. Whenever I try to write long fics by myself, I tend to trip over my own shoelaces, so I need someone to take me by the hand and help me get through.

There probably will maybe perhaps be a sequel. It's open for it. If Julie wants to write that sequel, she can. I, meanwhile, shall be running to Aruba with my bags of money---I mean, going to school and working on other projects. Yes...that's what I meant...

Q&A: Sheila, maybe Clark *did* go looking for her...who knows? The thing is though, she changed her name, moved out-of-state, and didn't leave a forwarding address. When Lois Lane wants to disappear, *poof*. Of course, it's possible that Clark was just having a "lunkhead" moment....a long, five-year lunkhead moment. wink

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard