Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33438 10/15/06 09:56 AM
Cheryl Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
There is no such thing as too many TOGOM stories. Definitely continue!! I love it. smile1

Note from admin (LabRat): Cheryl, as we have a tradition here of keeping story segment threads and feedback threads separate, I've begun this fdk thread and moved your post into it, deleting it from the bottom of the part one story segment. smile

#33439 10/15/06 11:01 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Cheryl,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you think the story is worth continuing, and that you are OK with another TOGOM fic.

Hopefully, I'll be able to post again soon.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
#33440 10/15/06 12:18 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I haven't been around in a while because of work and before that i didn't post much, but I enjoyed what you have posted of the story so far and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next. Personally, I don't mind TOGOM stories becuase that episode was one of my favorites.

#33441 10/15/06 12:48 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Actually, I didn't like TOGOM. I thought the resolution was comic-book corny.

But I love the adaptations of the episode. I love the way people play with the events and the characters. I love the different ways different authors tell us what's really going on in the minds and hearts of Lois and Clark.

And you've hit the ground running at top speed, Ace. Your experience shows in the way you present Clark's dilemma and Lois's absolute agony. Superman is in for a double-earful, isn't he?

And how will Lois react to the news that the man she has just discovered she loves isn't dead, but can never appear as himself again? What a conundrum! I can't wait to see how you resolve this situation. You've certainly got my attention.

Almost forgot to mention, your title is excellent. Brilliant, even. It's life after Clark for both Lois and Superman. Like I said, I can't wait for the next chapter. I hope your students behave!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#33442 10/15/06 12:54 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ummmm...nice. I'd like to see where this is going.

I, also, did not particularly like the episode TOGOM, but too, like the different variations of the story on the boards.

Definitely keep it coming. I'm enjoying it this far. I like the direction that you are taking... tell Lois now!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#33443 10/22/06 01:50 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
An update on my progress:

I fully intended to get chapter 2 up today, but my back has decided otherwise.

After taking my students camping in the wilderness for three days (not my idea), my back has decided to rebel.

I woke up this morning with spasms in my upper back, so I've been unable to sit at the keyboard for any length of time.

I've got the story outlined and the chapter half written, so I can safely promise to have the story posted in a week or so.

Thanks for your patience with me. smile

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
#33444 10/27/06 06:20 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Great start! I would love to find out what happens next. I like TOGoM fanfics...you can't have too many. I hope your back starts to feel better soon!

:0) From a fellow Oklahoma teacher who will be taking her 5th graders camping next year (not my idea either),
AnnieJ wave

#33445 10/27/06 11:16 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Ace, Annie, congratulations on your choice of profession! It's hard, often thankless, takes up far more of your time than non-teachers can even imagine, and you break Lois's rule about not getting involved on a daily basis. Thank you for all your hard work in trying to teach young people about both the subject matter and about life in general, because I know that a large percentage of your students don't learn it at home.

As to the story, Ace, do take care of your back! I have intermittent back problems too, and it makes everything fourteen times as hard and eleven times more time-consuming. Get healthy, then worry about the story. I am, of course, eager to see the next part, but don't hurt yourself posting it or editing it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard