Print Thread
#33423 10/15/06 06:15 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sorry this is short, Barbara. But it's great to have you back! It was a brilliant day in southern Sweden today, too, by the way - and a couple of friends went for a walk in the woods - lovely!

Anyway, your story.

It was still rather dark in the room though. He noticed that he wasn’t wearing his glasses. Would Lois guess the truth now? When she turned around and spoke with someone else, he quickly grabbed them.
He's still so anxious to keep his secret from her....

Then Lois looked back at him again. Clark smiled. Lois face showed nothing but worry. There was no disbelief or anger in it, and Clark assumed that she hadn’t seen the superhero in his naked eyes.
...and he's happy when he succeeds.

“When Perry told me what happened this evening, I was so worried. He said that you were doing really badly. I couldn’t stand the thought that something had happened to you. I could only think of the argument we had. I didn’t want it to be the last thing you see and hear of me.” She sounded desperate.
Oh, she loves him. Why can't she see it?

“I’m not going to die, Lois. But I didn’t want us to separate because of a fight either. I’m sorry, Lois.” Clark sat up and embraced her, stroking her back. He enjoyed feeling her so close to him but was worried that she’d push him away at any moment, so he tried to keep his distance and avoided touching anything but her upper back.
How sweet!

Lois couldn’t help but remember her dream. His touch on her back felt exactly the same. No, it was even better: his hands were warmer and more comforting. For the first time since Perry had called her, she was able to relax. In fact she hadn’t been this relaxed since she had dreamt of being with him. And before that? Lois didn’t ever remember feeling so totally at ease.
Lois, you so, so, so, so love him!

But why was it this way with Clark?
Why? Duh, Lois. :rolleyes:

Lois rested her head on his shoulder and noticed the scent of sweat and aftershave that mixed in a very attractive way. She started to stroke his back, too, and felt his firm muscles under her hands. Had she ever noticed that he was that strong? A brief memory of Clark opening the door to her, only dressed in a towel, crossed her mind. She seemed to remember that he had a very tempting body. Lois blushed and was glad that neither Clark nor Perry could see the reddish tint to her face.
Aaaaahh.... blush

She heard Perry turn around and leave the bed room. They were on their own. She watched Clark’s earlobe and suddenly felt her own lips brushing it. Why had she done that? Lois backed away, surprised by herself. Clark stared at her in disbelief.
Aaaaawwww!!!!!

“I’m not married yet, Clark. But you’re right, I have a man.” Lois replied. *And you have a woman, Clark.* she added sadly.
I think your text will become clearer if you write that she is thinking to herself that Clark has a woman. She isn't saying it out loud. If she had, they could have had a very interesting discussion.

Did she really want Lex?
No, Lois. Trust me, you don't.

Lois looked at the man in front of her. Where did this strange attraction come from? Was it his slight resemblance to Superman? The dark hair was the same. And she had seen even this boyish grin on both their faces.
Hmmm, yes.... Did you ever notice those similarities before, Lois?

But there were a lot of differences, too, and not only the obvious one that Clark needed glasses. Superman was so much more self- confident. He was plain and direct. *If it’s not lead-lined it’s a waste of time. * Clark would never have said those words.
Gaaaahhh!!! Lois, just how dense and galactically stupid can a world-class investigative reporter be?

Three men in her life were two too many. But Lois knew her usual luck with men. While she was choosing one of them, she was going to scare away all three and would be left alone in the end.
Well, if you choose Lex, chances are it will turn out worse than you could ever imagine, Lois.

“Don’t marry Luthor, Lois. For Heaven’s Sake, please don’t choose that man.” Clark pleaded.

“You really get obsessive over him. Clark, he isn’t that bad. From your point of view, you might think you are right, but Clark, you’re mistaken about Lex,” Lois replied. She was annoyed that Clark had obviously decided to continue their argument where they had left off.
Sorry, this just makes me tired. Why can't Clark be a little more honest with her? And why can't she try to explain why she trusts Lex so implicitly?

“I’m not mistaken, Lois. I know him a whole lot better than you do.” Clark tried to convince her once more.
Yeah, like this is going to convince her, when you won't tell her what it is you actually know.

Clark stood in the shower and felt the cold water running down his body. He breathed in and out slowly and tried to regain his sanity. Lois nibbling on his earlobe had driven him crazy and had built up the urgent need to get closer to her, to touch and kiss her. If it hadn’t been for Lois and Perry, he might have flown to the arctic to take a bath in the icy cold water underneath the pack ice. But now a cold shower would have to do the job.
Aaaawww....

He knew that he’d lose her if he showed her his love openly.
How can he know that? Try telling her, Clark. "Lois, I love you, and by the way, I'm Superman..."

He wanted to keep his secret in order to protect her from villains trying to get to Superman.
I think there's a lot more to his wish to keep his secret from her.

Clark went into the living room. Lois was in front of his desk, obviously fascinated by something she saw there. He went closer and noticed that she was searching the drawers. Lois was indeed rummaging his desk. Clark could barely believe what he saw. Of course he had watched her doing this often, but never had he imagined that she’d violate his own privacy. Weren’t they supposed to be friends?
Interesting. He caught her spying on her. And he feels totally betrayed. Clark, if you hadn't been so paranoid about keeping your secret, maybe she wouldn't have been quite so nosy? (Okay, yes, she probably would have been, but....)

“You never know when to stop, do you, Lois?” he asked, threateningly calm as he watched her, waiting for the answer.

“I know your secret, Clark.” Lois whispered, startled.
"I know your secret, Clark." Gaaaahhh! The mother of all misunderstandings!!!

When had she found out that he was Superman? He had always feared this moment, but now that it was there here, it wasn’t bothering him nearly as much as Lois rummaging through his stuff.
Strange that he worries more about her rummaging through his drawers than about her supposedly knowing about his secret identity.

Being so hopelessly in love with the person he was angry at made it even more difficult. He couldn’t find the strength to apologize for his own betrayal. He had let her believe that he was two separate persons. He could imagine how she felt at the moment. She must be just as hurt as he was. But she had crossed a line that he would never have dared to cross. She had invaded his privacy in a very intimate way. Their friendship wasn’t in that state yet. Would he have been equally intimate with her, though maybe in another manner, he would have at least told her his secret, as a sign of deep trust in her.
And because he is so angry, he can't find it in himself to ask, "When did you find out that I am Superman, Lois?" Because if he had asked her that, she might just possibly start suspecting that there was something wrong about the information Lex had planted about Clark's "wife".

And suddenly Clark has a migraine attack.... Okay, Barbara. I hope Lois will start suspecting that Clark might just possibly not have a wife sometime soon. That the secret he was talking about was something else. And I hope - oh, do I hope! - that she will understand as soon as possible that she doesn't love Luthor.

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
I hope we don't get another one of these situations where Clark doesn't bother to find out exactly what Lois knows. He needs clarification so that she doesn't continue to think that he is married. dizzy

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Gaaaahhh!!! Lois, just how dense and galactically stupid can a world-class investigative reporter be?
I don't think she's stupid. She just sees what she wants to see and ignores what's more comfortable to ignore. But to please you Ann, Lois will admit her true feelings to herself soon enough.

Sorry, this just makes me tired. Why can't Clark be a little more honest with her? And why can't she try to explain why she trusts Lex so implicitly?
Misunderstanding is a part of the game, isn't it?

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
When I wrote this, I could barely believe how long I managed to not let Lois and Clark meet.
I couldn't either. I was so excited when they finally got together... even if that first time didn't end so well....

Ahhh....
Someone tugged on his hand and whispered his name. The voice was familiar. Clark’s eyes fluttered open, and he saw Lois sitting next to him and watching him anxiously.
Oh, yeah. Very nice body.
A brief memory of Clark opening the door to her, only dressed in a towel, crossed her mind. She seemed to remember that he had a very tempting body.
Get a clue, Lois!
Lois looked at the man in front of her. Where did this strange attraction come from? Was it his slight resemblance to Superman? The dark hair was the same. And she had seen even this boyish grin on both their faces.
Hurricane Lane!
It had provided him with the ability to keep calm regardless of whatever disaster he had had to face. But it hadn’t prepared him for Lois. She had brought him close to the edge so often. But now he felt that he was falling, and that he had been pushed beyond the edge.
Does Clarkie have the sniffles... er.. wait wrong show... a migraine?
“Migraine,” he winced. “Go, Lois, get outta here! Get outta here, all of you! Now!” Clark roared the last part.
As I previously told Barbara, this is a darn good description of some of the migraines I've had. (And she's never had one like this before.)
He clutched his hands over his ears in a futile attempt to block out the millions of voices and noises, but it was in vain. Clark groaned and his legs gave out as all the sounds of the city flooded his senses. It was early morning and the city was as busy as ever. There were planes taking off and thousands of cars driving through the streets. People talked to each other in all different types of languages. He ceased to see anything, and his breath was racking. The pain in his head was almost unbearable
Okay, Barbara. I hope Lois will start suspecting that Clark might just possibly not have a wife sometime soon. That the secret he was talking about was something else.
Ann, I'm sure Barbara won't mind me saying it gets worse.... devil

Great story, Barbara!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't mind you saying that, though I wouldn't have dared to do it. What if Ann stops reading now? frown

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She won't. Will you, Ann?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard