Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
So now Lois is the rival. <G> What did you think? Good, bad or ugly?

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Annie,

YAY a section with a ton of new stuff I haven't seen yet. Hooray! I loved it just as much as the stuff I had already seen <vbg>.

Ooh, very nice description of Lois's outfit. She sure is dressed to kill! How could Clark possibly resist?

She grabbed two cups of coffee, making sure to sweeten one just the way Clark liked it. A box of donuts caught her eye, and she snagged a chocolate coated one for Clark.
Ooh, very good start to the plan. Total role reversal here. I bet Clark's totally shocked.

I’m sure we’ll come up with something. After all, we’re a great team.”
Yes, they're the best team. And Clark better remember that wink . I know he does, though.

Ooh, and then she complimented him on his story. Yay, first she dresses really sexy in a color Clark loves on her (although I am not sure if she knows that or not yet), then she brings him a coffee and a donut, and now she's complimenting him. Go Lois!!!

I mean, you know how broadcast news is...it’s so fake, so surface. All those ‘reporters’ spend more time worrying about their makeup than their stories.”
Oh, I see a personal jab here wink . That's a good point, though, and the reason that broadcast news sort of bothers me (especially fox 8 news.. eek keep me interested for the whole hour because they tell me a commet is hurtling towards earth and then in the last minute tell me that it has a 1% chance of happening in the year 3030)... anyway, back to commenting...

Very good way for Lois to determine that Clark does not like fake women and equating the newscasters to Lana. Very nice <g>!!

Ooh, and suggesting going out for lunch... smooth, Lois! And letting him choose the restaurant -- perfect!!

OH NO! Lana showed up!!!!! NONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Thanks, Lana. That was really sweet, but I’ve already got breakfast.”
YAY Clark, but boo LAna! How could she just throw his donut away. Stupid, stupid Lana (insert appropriate explicitive).

Lana leaned over the desk to deposit a cup of coffee, and from her vantage point Lois could tell the position gave Clark a perfect vantage point to look down her shirt.
GRRRR!!!! Lana is such a little slut. How obvious! At least Lois was subtle about it!

And now Lana is butting in on their lunch togehterr. Did I mention how much I had Lana yet. Oh, I did, well, I am going to say it again (just to refresh your memory). I HATE LANA!!!!!!

Asking Jimmy to come along to their lunch had been an inspiration. He peppered Lana with questions leaving Clark’s attention free, and making Lana look bad as she grew increasingly irritated.
BRILLIANT, Lois, just brilliant. What a great idea! Jimmy could just annoy the heck out of Lana. I loved the part about how they sat in the booth and how Jimmy took Lana's coat. Absolutely proceless!

“I think you’d like it,” Clark responded quietly, his gaze locked with hers. “You might think it’s bland or boring at first, but give it a chance. It’ll surprise you.”
Ooh, very nice smile a good analogy to Clark himself.

They didn’t always agree, but sometimes the discussions were even more fun when they didn’t.
I bet that is true... It might be even more fun when they are able to kiss and make up wink

“You mean they want to let poor kids go to private schools? Ugh, why would the rich kids’ parents keep their kids there?”
OMG how callus! Oh wait, it's Lana... of course she's callus and horrible.
And of course she doens't care when Clark tries to explain it. She never cares about anything Clark cares about. Oh man, and she brings up Lex Luthor. If I were Lois I would seriously kill her. And ouch, the whole thing about Superman... wow, what a horrible woman!

“So you were an extra?”
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO great, Lois, put her in her place!!!

and OMG the bathroom fight scene... WOW!!!! I can't wait to see what happens at dinner with just Lois and Clark! laugh

- Alicia [Linked Image]
(I wanted to respond to this from part 2, but i didn't want to make an extra post... Becki... I'm from Parma and have relatives that live around Lodi, so I have some... ideas about Lodi that sort of match Lois's ideas about Smallville [Linked Image] )

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YAY!!! I'm so excited. I was just dreading going out of town tomorrow because I figured you'd post while I was gone!!!

Lois glanced over to Clark’s desk just in time to see Lana pluck the donut from his hand and toss it in the trash, replacing it with a small paper bag bearing the logo of one of Metropolis’ swankiest pastry shops.
mad mad Oooh! That really frosts my cookies! Granted, she didn't know that someone had given him the donut, but I bet that wouldn't have mattered to her anyway. Harumph.

“Jimmy!”
Hahahaha. The idea of Jimmy's constant pestering had me in fits, and it gave L&C plenty of time. wink

“Reality? You want to talk about facing reality, Miss I Can Flit In Here After Ten Years and Pick Up Where I Left Off? How dare you? How dare you walk into our lives – into Clark’s life after all this time and expect him to still be waiting faithfully for you? You don’t even know him! It’s been TEN YEARS, Lana. Ten years!”
You tell her, girlfriend!!

“I was just thinking....would you like to come over for dinner tonight?”

Clark looked surprised, then a little curious. Finally he lifted an eyebrow. “Are you cooking?”
HAR!
Yeah, go fight for your man!

K, I'm done laugh
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Annie... Great part to this story! Loved all of it! I think I'm starting to hate Lana more and more with every post! Can't wait to see what happens at Lois & Clark's dinner! *impatiently waits for next part*

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
A
Blogger
Blogger
A
Great installment Annie!! clap

Lana is such a B!@*&, but Lois puts her in her place! I love Lois on a mission, especially when that mission is CK.

Can't wait to see how dinner goes. Hopefully Lana will keep her nose out!

Anna

Merriwether
Merriwether
Point, set, match! razz Lana!

And now Clark is coming to dinner!

/me has a sudden thought... Lois is not REALLY going to cook, is she? [Linked Image]

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oh, this is great, annie!

lois is really pouring it on, isn't she? go lois! laugh

as for clark... two beautiful women dressing their best and throwing themselves at him... poor guy. i really feel for him. okay, maybe not.

then again, getting caught in the middle of those two... where's an "innocent bystander gets torn apart by two hissing fighting cats" graemlin when you need one?

anyway, lois certainly put "jimmy interruptus" to good use. smile wonder how she convinced him to do it.

“I think you’d like it,” Clark responded quietly, his gaze locked with hers. “You might think it’s bland or boring at first, but give it a chance. It’ll surprise you.”
ooo. very nice.

otoh...

“You mean they want to let poor kids go to private schools? Ugh, why would the rich kids’ parents keep their kids there?”
“Well, Superman is okay,” Lana was saying, “but what is his deal really? I heard he gives all his profits from Superman merchandise to charity? Can you just imagine? I mean, he could be so rich.”
[Linked Image] do people actually talk like that? wow.

“Well... I mean, I *saw* him. And Bruce said-”

“Whose Bruce?”

“The guy who operated the snack cart,” Lana mumbled.
[Linked Image]

just too bad it's not like clark to eavesdrop... it would have been great if he'd overheard the bathroom conversation. maybe a little too easy, but it would have been cool.

i do like the trend here, though. good job. somehow, i doubt lois will actually be cooking. wonder what she'll order? smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wonderful part.

Lana just haven't a chance. She's a pretty sight, but Clark wouldn't have anything to discuss with her, and she is morally shallow. She made many errors (schools, Superman), but the greatest one was when she tried to shock Lois by mentoning Lex Luthor - it was exactly what Miss Bingley did in Pemberley when she tried to put Elizabeth in the bad light in the eyes of Darcy by mentoning Wickham and the effect was quite the opposite.

Lois was really great. She not only played her cards right (what a inspiration to get Jimmy along) but, most of all, she did it with her whole heart: I believe Clark was most impressed the acts she didn't plan, like stealing a glance to him and blushing.

What I liked most was the scene in the ladies's room: Lois had a self-confidence that Lana just couldn't shake off and it's based in the true knowledge of Clark's character.

You did absolutely great job! Can't wait for more!

Gabriele
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved the food metaphor, Annie. I couldn't quite make up my mind if Clark was as aware of the metaphor as Lois, but it was darn good. smile

Interesting to see the school voucher debate hitting Metropolis. And wow, your Lana really *is* incredibly shallow. And stupid. You're having fun, aren't you? laugh

I see you prefer the shallow Jimmy too. Tank will be pleased. wink

So far, so good for Lois. Loved how she pinned Lana's ears back. Let's have MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Top Banana
Top Banana
YAY! Go Lois! Go Lois! Go Lois!

It's nice to see Lois standing up for herself and fighting for Clark. Even bettter: she seems to be winning right now.

And Lana is getting more and more evil , which is nice to read. ANd the fight between Lois and Lana was great! I do hope for them there was no one else in the restroom. wink

Just one thing. You talk about those schools. But I have no idea what you mean with them. We'll probably have something like that too, but with such a different name that I don't reconize it. So if you could give me brief explanation, please.

So Lois might go cook. Hurry and bring on the next part!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Kerth
Kerth
Way to go Lois! razz wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow Annie, another GREAT part!!! grumble Not only do I believe that she won't give up that easily..... but there are 2 parts left.... darn, lots of time to play with still and somehow I don't think Lois's cooking will be the only obstacle between she and Clark getting together notworthy )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It's kinda funny how so many people's reaction to this part has been, "Go, Lois!" smile

Mine, too... wink

GO, Lois!

It was great to see Lois make the effort -- and even better to see her efforts (mostly) pay off! I wonder if Lana realises that she's shooting herself in the foot with her fancy pastries and fake(?) brainless act... Clark may be oblivious to many things regarding the female of the species, but he can't have missed the obvious comparisons between Lois and Lana in this chapter, and the old home town girl is not coming out well...

And now L&C are having dinner; I wonder how Lana will try to gatecrash that -- or will she just try to ride roughshod over the partners' plans, relying on her supposed charms to brainwarp Clark? Little does she know that pink and black have nothing on burgundy when worn by a certain reporter... evil Though it would be nice to have Clark show a little backbone; good manners is one thing, but Lana's not showing any of those and Clark ought to rebel some time soon when she expects him yet again to be rude to Lois in favour of her.

And it was brilliant to have Lois use Jimmy as a foil for Lana at lunch! Isn't it nice to see Jimmy's... um, social talents being put to good use? laugh

Phil, awaiting more at your earliest convenience

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
My goodness, this was a choice part. I'm not sure if Lana gained any points at all, but definitely lost a bunch. Lois, OTOH, played the game masterfully. When Mad Dog Lane sets out to do something, she doesn't go half way. She goes all out. And it's great to see. Of course, Lois has a built-in advantage in that she knows him better at this point than Lana does, so she knows what makes Clark happy.

The cute part of this whole story is that we all know Clark's completely in love with his partner, so the battle really isn't even necessary. All Lois would have to do is say she likes him romantically and she'd win the battle hands down. But because Lois and Lana don't know that, that just means more fun for us!

This is such fun that all of us guys are probably very envious of the oblivious Clark and would love to be in his place, having two great-looking women fighting over him.

The new burgundy dress suit she wore fit her perfectly. It fell just above her knees, and the matching heels she wore drew attention to her long legs. The scooped neckline was flattering without being revealing, and the necklace she wore fell just above the valley between her breasts, drawing attention there. Her make up was flawlessly applied, and she’d bought a new lipstick. Her tongue darted out instinctively to moisten her lips. Yes, she was ready for anything.
Wow! Nice. drool (checking quickly to make sure my wife isn't looking over my shoulder wink )

“I did. I really liked it. And I was just thinking about how you would be wasted if you went into broadcast news. Not that you’re not good looking enough, but your talents would just be wasted there. I mean, you know how broadcast news is...it’s so fake, so surface. All those ‘reporters’ spend more time worrying about their makeup than their stories.”
There's an irony in these statements. It was Lois who went to LNN after the Planet was blown up, and it was Clark who derided TV news. Now it's Lois' turn to "suck up" to Clark by putting down TV journalism. So this was a safe bet for Lois.

"How about lunch today?"
Great move to try preempting Lana, even if it didn't quite work out. But the Jimmy invitation was a masterstroke. Jimmy's the one who thought Lana was a "hot chick" back in Part 1, so I'm sure it wasn't too difficult to get Jimmy to completely distract Lana. "Jimmy Interruptus" for once was put to work in a constructive manner.

At times this seemed like a children's game, such as:
He placed it on the hook next to their booth, then slid into his seat, scooting along the bench and leaving an empty space next to him. Lois dove into the seat, claiming it as her own as quickly as possible.
School girls often try edging each other out to sit next to the cute guy, and vice versa.

It's amazing how snobbish Lana ended up, despite her Smallville upbringing. Here's the laundry list:

Lois glanced over to Clark’s desk just in time to see Lana pluck the donut from his hand and toss it in the trash, replacing it with a small paper bag bearing the logo of one of Metropolis’ swankiest pastry shops.

“I can’t remember the last time I was in a restaurant with booths.”

“Well, Superman is okay,” Lana was saying, “but what is his deal really? I heard he gives all his profits from Superman merchandise to charity? Can you just imagine? I mean, he could be so rich.”

"Why, when I was working A Song for Ginger, I was talking to Patrick Swayze and he said-”
She really doesn't know Clark very well if she thinks these comments or actions would impress Clark.

“I’m just going to use the restroom quickly before we leave.”

Lana quickly followed suit. “I think I’ll join you.”

Lois saw Clark and Jimmy exchange a look that practically screamed the age old question, “Why do they need to go in groups?”
As a guy...ROTFLMAO!!!! grumble

“Did you ever meet Lex Luthor?”
Major faux pas. Apparently, Lana didn't keep up to date on what happened with Lois and Clark six months ago. Even Clark lost it briefly, spilling sauce over himself. Not a good way to ingratiate herself with her intended victim. (I use victim in the nicest way. laugh )

The argument in the bathroom was great! Lois practically left Lana speechless, leaving her with the lame comment about Clark not settling for Lois. I wonder if Clark heard the argument? With his superhearing tuned into mentions of his name, (usually his alter ego, but who doesn't perk up when they hear their name?) it'd be hard for him to not have heard the argument.

If Clark actually secretly knew there was a contest going on between Lana and Lois, I could just see evil Clark encouraging the competition.

“I was just thinking....would you like to come over for dinner tonight?”

Clark looked surprised, then a little curious. Finally he lifted an eyebrow. “Are you cooking?”

Already buoyed by the adrenalin rush she’d gained from squaring off with Lana, Lois couldn’t help but let herself grin in what she hoped was a flirtatious – but not *too* flirtatious – way. “That’s for me to know, and you to find out.”
Now this was masterful. The way she invited him over for dinner was just vague enough to make Clark wonder about whether this would just be a dinner between friends. Hopefully, Lana doesn't figure out a way to crash the dinner.

This was an absolutely delightful part. I just loved seeing Lois make points with Clark at Lana's expense. It's just too often that Clark is the one that has to do all the pursuing in most fics, so it's great to see the shoe on the other foot.

Oh, a seeming inconsistency:
Lois returned the smile and slid off his desk, smiling secretively when she saw Clark’s eyes dart to her legs before focusing back on his notes. So far, so good, she thought with a small smile.

Lana leaned over the desk to deposit a cup of coffee, and from her vantage point Lois could tell the position gave Clark a perfect vantage point to look down her shirt. Not that Clark would normally look, he was a gentleman – a rare thing in Metropolis – but that didn’t mean he wouldn’t enjoy the view if it was presented to him on a silver platter.
Lois thinks that Clark wouldn't look at Lana's, cough, attributes, but saw Clark looking at her legs. Inconsistent? Maybe.

Is it Thursday yet? notworthy

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree with everything everyone else said.

The cute part of this whole story is that we all know Clark's completely in love with his partner, so the battle really isn't even necessary. All Lois would have to do is say she likes him romantically and she'd win the battle hands down. But because Lois and Lana don't know that, that just means more fun for us!
Exactly. This story is great fun. I can't wait to read the next installment!

- Vicki wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yes, Annie

Great part!!!! The comparison between the two was so perfect. How could Clark even... But then we all *know* Clark, he would never....

The juxtaposition between Lana & Lois' values, beliefs, intelligence, actions--very nice!!!!!

Although Lois didn't like the idea of having Lana go to lunch with them -- what an opportunity to highlight their differences.

Lois wins hands down!!!! Go Lois!!!!

Barb.

N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
How marvelous!!! Lois, you go, girl! smile

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of a revelation toward the end wherein Lois realizes that, while this was the incident that forced her to acknowledge her feelings for Clark, she was never really threatened by Lana where he was concerned.

Clark's love is forever, because...it just is. laugh

Lovely story...having a lot of trouble with this every other day business. Please just post the rest for us...as a rainy day gift (at least in NYC). wink

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, great stuff added in here, Annie! Generally I don't care for having political issues brought up in fanfic, but this one worked so well to contrast Lois & Lana that I'll overlook it this time wink

"Desperate words from a desperate woman"?? Yeah, Lana, we know you are! goofy

Can't wait to see Lois cooking... jump

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay, Lois!!!!

Fantastic part Annie! This just makes me want more. <G>

smile1

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think it would be a good idea to make Lana have a new trick, now there seems to be no competiton at all.

Anyhow, we don't make these choices with head but heart. I believe Clark would have chosen Lois even if Lana would be a lot nicer, because she isn't a challenge to him like Lois is.

Gabriele
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard