Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33304 10/09/06 03:16 AM
shells Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow - I think this might be the first time that I've ever started a FDK folder! I'm shocked, amazed, and truly honored to have the opportunity smile

I've been reading and absolutley loving the premise and the exposition of this story since the beginning - and now that l&c are together and (dare we hope) past the lions' share of the angst? - I'm continuing to enjoy the WAFF-fest!

You've written this scene so well - everyone in the room can see that Lois isn't sure about the hero thing - the only one that hasn't noticed is clark! The conversation between them is great, though - and you write their banter so well!

With a shriek of laughter, she darted upward and away from him. He caught her in midair and dove for the couch, where he proceeded to kiss her until they were both short of breath.

When he finally let her up for air, she managed to say teasingly, “Just remember, I *let* you catch me, Flyboy.”

He laughed, gave her one more kiss, and then stood up, pulling her to her feet at the same time.
This was probably my favorite part -and definitely my favorite line - it's typical lois!

You have done a wonderful job drawing these characters, and I can't wait what you have left in store for them!

shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still with you and looking foward to more!

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Same here, Janet. This part is very sweet, and I really like it. I would be lying if I said that I'm not looking forward to Clark and Lois finally taking that 'next step'. However, I very much hope that they will be able to hold on to this wonderful sweet sense of warmth, happiness and fun that you have created between them. Sorry, I only ever read the original Mary Poppins in a Swedish translation, but as far as I remember, the children in that story started floating and flying because they were full of huge bubbles of "laughing gas"(?). Well, whatever the stuff was called, it made people full of bubbly fun and happiness, and this in turn made them fly. In your story, Clark and Lois can fly for real without laughter or happiness, but it's their laughter that makes their hearts and souls soar. I hope you'll keep this sense of joyous bliss between them, whatever else happens. (And I won't repeat what I specifically want to see happen, because I think you know that already. Perhaps it's not your intention to bring Lois and Clark to the point of intimacy. Well, if not, so be it.)

Ann

Features Writer
Features Writer
Janet - in a fandom full of rewrites of first kisses, declarations of love, and other special moments of closeness and connection between L&C, I think this is the most unabashedly romantic story that I've ever read. And I absolutely adore it.

Although I loved how they were able to slay the Luthor dragon so efficiently (and I have to admit that I'm suspicious that the Luthor chapter is in fact over), I'm completely captivated by the L&C relationship here. The instant connection they each felt. The telepathy between them that manifests itself during moments of pure joy. The agony that each had to bear when they feared that they were related - the image of Clark despairingly looking out the window was a very powerful one.

So naturally I was overjoyed when the globe revealed what we had hoped for all along, and I loved this

Then Lois drew in a breath she hadn’t realized she was holding, and shifted to look up into his face. “Oh! Clark - did you hear? We’re… he said we’re *not*… You’re *not* my brother! We’re… It’s –“

Whatever she’d intended to say was cut off when he rose abruptly, took the globe from her and dropped it on the couch, and pulled her to her feet. “I heard.” His voice was low and rough, sending shivers over her scalp and down her spine. “And I don’t want to talk right now.” He drew her into his arms as he spoke, cupping the back of her head with one hand, fingers tunneling into her hair. His voice was almost a whisper as he finished, “I just want to...”
and this

He sobered again. Letting go of her hands long enough to cup her face gently in his larger hands, he leaned forward to kiss her softly, sweetly – and way too briefly. When he pulled back, she saw everything he felt for her shining from his eyes. Taking her hands again, he continued, “Can you consider this a… pre-proposal statement of intent? And then –“ He smiled. “…Could you be surprised, when I ask you for real?”
And then there was this, where a tear literally ran down my face...

One side of his mouth quirking into a half grin, he said, still softly, “I seem to be making a habit of kneeling at your feet, my love.”
It's beautiful. I am so looking forward to more, whenever you're ready.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard