Here's the next part. It's got a few twists and turns. Caitlyn haters BEWARE!!

<Around words indicates telepathic thought.>

~Around words indicates Kryptonian is being spoken~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previously....

Zared's eyes got really wide as his mouth dropped open. He looked at Jon, <Well, I was going to say that those guys are *my* brothers. I guess I'd be wrong. They are *our* brothers.>

~~~~~

When Caitlyn saw Clark in the tuxedo, her heart melted... or maybe it did flip-flops. She wasn't sure, but she knew he had to be the sexiest man in the entire world - no the universe. Who would ever think that any man could look so good in a tuxedo. As the music started, she slightly cocked her head toward him. Her eyes were wide, and her lips were parted. She was sure drool was running down her chin. If they hadn't had that conversation earlier about waiting, she thought she would dragged him off to his bedroom right that minute. She thought, 'Get a grip, Caitlyn! The man just had major surgery.' Then she reasoned with herself that it had actually been three weeks, and he was healing faster than humans, and...

Clark leaned over and taking a quick gaze at her lovely bosom, he said very softly, "You look beautiful, honey." She was wearing a black dress that nicely - very nicely - accented her breasts.
His breath caught, and he stared at her.

~~~~~

She giggled and said, "Are you from Mars?" Then she looked at their clothing and gave them both closer scrutiny and noticed that they looked very much like Zara. She muttered, "More like New Krypton. You are Los-El and K'al-El, are you not?"

They both looked at her like the cat *had* gotten their tongues. Neither said a word.

"Hmmpphh.... Yeah, that's who you are." At their puzzled looks, she said, "I'm Lois Lane Kent."

~~~~~

They had a small reception afterward. A petite red head walked up to Jenni and said, "Congratulations, Mrs. Kent."

Jenni smiled and wondered who this lady was. "Thank... you. Umm... Do I know you?" She asked, wondering if this was someone Zared had invited.

The lady smiled and touched Zared on the sleeve. He turned towards her and paled. "Mom," he whispered.

"Hi, honey. Just wanted to congratulate you. I gotta go now. Bye."

~~~~~

Chloe and Claire both knew Trace and considered the sixteen year old a friend. It didn't take long before Claire, the Purple Pixie and the Chloe, the Blue Fairy found him.

Not only did the Purple Pixie and the Blue Fairy rescue Trace away from his father, who was intent on making him a 'man', but they rescued six girls that had been forced into under age prostitution. The police showed up and this made the news in a big way.

Just the break up of the underage prostitution ring was big news. But when The Purple Pixie and Blue Fairy flew away... Well, Chloe and Claire were going to try to do their best to hide from their father for as long as they could. They hadn't expected their 'little' rescue to turn into something so big. Yes, they were definitely going to have to try to hide from Clark Kent - if that was even possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A New Hero: Part 29

The Blue Fairy and the Purple Pixie returned to Metropolis. The Purple Pixie was carrying Trace Alderbrant. The twins touched down at the home of Jim Olsen and Catherine Grant-Olsen. Trace's mouth was hanging open, and he said, "Wow!" He smiled then looked directly at the Purple Pixie. "Purple is my favorite color." He had a sappy, silly grin on his face.

Claire was looking at him, too. She thought it amazing that she'd never realized how nice looking he was. She turned her head sideways and sighed a little.

The Blue Fairy cleared her throat. "Umm... Well, Mr. Alderbrant, I know you need to call your mom and your step-dad, but do you think you could just tell them you're okay? Don't tell them what happened 'til they get home. Okay?"

It was obvious he was love-struck. "Uh-huh. Anything for the two of you." Then he turned to Claire and gave her another sappy smile. "Especially for you, Pixie. Can I call you Pixie?"

Claire nodded her head. He eyes were wide. "Yeah-huh. Uh-huh."

Chloe slapped her arm lightly. "Come on. We gotta go!"

Claire turned to her with mournful eyes that said, 'Why?'

Chloe, the Blue Fairy, gave her look that said, 'Get a grip, girl!'

Trace smiled, "You sure you don't want to come in for a while?"

Claire thought to Chloe eagerly, <It would be a good place to hide.> She smiled.

Chloe thought back, <No! Get with it, Claire. Good grief, I bet this is what happened the first time mom saw Superman. Now come on!>

Claire sighed and frowned a little. <Oh, okay.> "I'm sorry, Mr. Alderbrant... umm, Trace, but we have to go."

"Will I see you again?"

The Purple Pixie flashed him the most beautiful smile he'd ever seen. "I'll be around."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as the reception was over, Jenni and Zared had quickly changed then left for some 'alone' time at the pizza place. Jimmy and Cat stayed around a while waiting for Trace to call. When he finally did call, Jimmy quickly walked over to Clark informing him that Trace was okay. They were anxious to leave so they didn't say much else. Cat had spoken to Trace, and he had told her to please not tell anyone yet that he was home. Clark just nodded and had told them to be careful driving home.

The rest of the Kent children were straightening up the formal dining room. K'al and Los were eagerly helping as they wanted to please their father.

K'al looked at Los. <~Do you think some of these girls are our sisters? And what of the one named Jon? Is he our brother?~>

<~I think he must be. I think some of these girls might be our sisters, too.~> Los answered.

K'al smiled. <~I wonder if that one with the short, light brown hair is also our sister. She is very
pretty.~>

<~K'al-El! You have a birth wife. Remember? And you just recently underwent the Ceremony of Union - much to mother's chagrin. She thought it was far too early. And considering how long you stayed in the Bridal Chamber, I'm fairly sure it's a... umm... solid union.~>

<~I can still look, can't I? And yes, you know we consummated the marriage. I was just noticing how lovely that girl is. She and Lord Jon seem... familiar with each other.~>

Los thought, <~Well, if they are brother and sister, that is understandable. But I suppose she could be his birth wife.~>

<~I don't think they do that here, Los.~> K'al perused Hannah closely. <~I don't think she is related. She doesn't look like the rest of them.~>

<~K'al, behave. You have told me you love Rya, and you have always been friends. Is there trouble at home?~>

<~No, no, of course not. I do love her very much. I was just noticing that the girl was pretty. Don't be so serious. The girl with the lovely dark yellow hair that Lord Zar-El married was also very pretty.~>

Brook and Jama, who had been whispering about these two, trying to figure out who they were, finally approached them.

Brooke, the bolder of the two, said, "Who are you?"

K'al looked at Los quickly with a silent plea that he answer them. He didn't want to embarrass Father again.

Los pursed his lips then grinned mischievously. "Who are *you*?"

Jama said quietly, "I'm Jama. This is my sister Brook."

Los took a deep breath, "I... uh... we..."

Clark saw the exchange and walked over to Jama and Brook and interrupted. "Have you seen Chloe and Claire. I can't find them anywhere, and they aren't answering my calls."

They both shrugged and Brook answered. "Don't know. Haven't seen them."

"Well, scoot, both of you. See if you can find them. I want to have a little meeting."

Los smiled. "Thank you." <~Can I assume those two are our sisters?~>

Clark sighed. <~Yes. Have you seen the two redheads?~>

K'al smiled. <~I don't remember seeing anyone with red heads.~>

Clark smiled lightly and said, <~Saying redhead is correct. Saying that someone has a red head is not. Say red hair instead.~>

<~Ah, a subtle difference.~>

Clark nodded. <~How about you, Los? Do you remember seeing them?~>

Los answered, <~No. We are wondering about that one with Jon. Is she also our sister?~>

<~No, but she *is* half Kryptonian.~>

K'al was alarmed. <~Father, did a New Kryptonian manage to stay on Earth? We have no knowledge of this.~>

Clark sighed and chewed his lip. <~No, she is a product of rape. You must not be aware that Nor's men committed acts of rape while they were here.~>

K'al and Los both bowed their heads in sadness. K'al looked up. <~No, father, we did not know that. How many such children are there?~>

<~I only know of Hannah and one other, but I believe there may be others.~>

<~Does she know?~> Los thought sadly.

<~Yes, she knows. She has been raised in a mostly loving home, so she has fared well.~>

<~Who was the rapist? If he is still alive, he will be punished!~> K'al thought with authority.

<~Neither she nor her mother knows, but her mother thinks it was Ran. And Ran is dead.~>

<~Yes, so he is Father. Lord Nor's traitorous behavior still shames us.~>

Los added, <~But Father, the information Mother and Ching left with you may include a DNA
database.~>

<~I've wondered if that may be so, but the information is not easy to access with the technology available here. The ship helps some with that, but not a lot. Then, too, it's not like we can keep the ship or the data orb where they are easily accessible.~>

Los rolled his eyes. <~So let me guess. Ching left the data orb but didn't leave instructions. I'm not surprised.~>

Clark's eyes darkened. <~Yes, we need to have a talk about him, but first I need to find Chloe and Claire. Oh, and Caitlyn," he motioned towards Caitlyn, "is a doctor and wants to examine you two. Is that okay?~>

They both shrugged. K'al answered, <~Sure, but...~>

Jon interrupted, and graciously spoke in Kryptonian, "Hello, Lord K'al and Lord Los." Then he switched to English and said excitedly, "Dad, have you seen the news?"

Clark shook his head no. "Why?"

"Uhh... Well, I hate to be the one to tell you this... but it seems the twins have.. umm.... well... they...ummm..."

"Just say it, Jon."

Jon's voice got a little higher. "It seems they've chosen.. umm... names. The Purple Pixie and the Blue Fairy have made an appearance - in New York City." He swallowed hard. "They rescued Trace... and...umm... and uncovered an underage prostitute ring and.. umm..." Then he said more firmly. "And Kergan got arrested."

Anger briefly flashed across Clark's face. He sighed deeply. "Umm... So they must be hiding from me. Any idea where they are?"

Jon said, softly, "Yeah, they just snuck in. They are upstairs." Some part of Jon wanted to protect his sisters and not tell his dad, but he knew that he had to tell the truth.

Clark said, "Jon, can you take care of your brothers? No one else knows who they are, and I want to be the one to tell them. Okay?"

Jon nodded, "Hannah knows."

"Good, she can help. Work on their English with them."

Clark turned and headed for the stairs.

Jon warned, "Dad is coming, but you two better stay put, or he's just going to be even madder."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cat and Jimmy ran into their house. They were both very anxious to find out how Trace had gotten home. Jimmy quickly paid the baby sitter and dismissed her. She had been watching the other kids - one of whom was from Jimmy's marriage to Angela, and the other was Cat's and Jimmy's daughter. Fortunately, the babysitter just lived across the street, so he didn't have to worry about taking her home. Jimmy's oldest daughter was on a date.

They found Trace glued to the television. It seemed he had recorded the news and was watching it over and over. He looked up and gave both of them a sappy grin. "Aren't they wonderful? They rescued me." He sighed happily. "But that one," he pointed to the Purple Pixie and froze the image, "flew me home. Isn't she beautiful." He sighed.

Jimmy turned to Cat and smiled, "I think he's got it bad."

Cat, "Yeah. I'm just glad he's home." She walked closer to the television to watch Trace's recording. "That's you, honey!"

He gave his mom a puppy dog look, "Yeah. But look at *her*. Isn't she gorgeous?"

Jimmy shook his head and muttered, "Clark is going to be furious."

Trace was oblivious, but Cat said, "What, honey? Did you say something about Clark?"

"Clark? I... umm... no..." He shook his head no.

Cat was not easily fooled, but she was worried about her son. She gave Jimmy a perplexed look then turned back to Trace. "Who are they? Where did they come from?"

"I dunno where they came from. But that one's the Purple Pixie, and that one's the Blue Fairy. The news people think they might be more of those new heroes. People are starting to speculate that they are all related to Superman."

"Well, I'm just glad you are okay, honey." She thought, 'Hmmm.... Superman... I wonder....'

"Kergan was arrested. Maybe we can be rid of him now."

Cat just nodded.

Trace smiled up at her. "Mom, you know, I've always thought you were the most beautiful woman around, but now... Gosh." He sighed. Then he got embarrassed, "I'm sorry.. I..."

"Honey, it's okay. It just means you are growing up."

Cat turned to Jimmy and pulled him into the kitchen. "Now, let's talk about Clark... and Superman. Hmm.... Should we?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clark knocked on the door of the room the twins still shared. He walked in without awaiting an answer. He sat down in a chair, crossed his arms, and just stared. Clark Kent could definitely be intimidating.

Chloe and Claire both wished they could hide. Chloe thought to Claire, <We should have stayed out longer.>

Clark leaned back a bit in the chair letting his daughters know he wasn't going anywhere soon.

Claire thought to Chloe, <Maybe we should have taken Trace's invitation.>

"And what invitation would that be?"

"You are reading my thoughts?!"

"Only what you sent to your sister, telepathically, Claire." He looked to Chloe, "And Chloe." He took at deep breath. "I suggest you speak aloud. Unless you prefer that I read your minds. My telepathic abilities are much stronger than yours." He immediately regretted saying this to them - threatening them like this. But maybe it was good for them to know this.

Claire and Chloe just exchanged looks. Both swallowed hard, but neither said a word.

Clark rested his elbows on his knees and steepled his hands. "Look, I'm not feeling especially patient right now." Then he said flatly, "I'm in pain. We still need to have a family meeting. And I need to go to S.T.A.R. Labs." He looked at them through narrowed eyes that appeared almost black. Then he snapped angrily. "Now speak!"

Both girls jumped. The both looked at each other begging the other to go first.

He pursed his lips. "Okay, so you can't decide who will go first. Fine, I'll make that decision. First, congratulations on rescuing Trace. But... Jon.. or even Zared could have done that. And I believe the police showed up pretty quick didn't they?" He turned to Claire, "Claire?"

She said in a squeaky voice, "Well, no it was actually about... five minutes. Maybe longer. And... Trace's father was threatening him... and..." She looked her Dad in the eyes then. "We did a good thing, Daddy."

"Yes, you did." He raised his eyebrows. "And which one would you be? The Purple Pixie? The Blue Fairy?"

"Purple Pixie," Claire answered softly.

Chloe spoke up, "Yeah, Daddy, we did a good thing." She paused and tried to give him her best 'sweet' look. "And you didn't get mad at Jon," she cried.

"Well, Miss Blue Fairy, Jon talked to me first. Let me see... Let me see..." He acted like he was trying to remember. "Nope! You two didn't talk to me. And you are far too young."

Claire pouted. "But you gotta admit that we did a good thing."

"Already said that."

Chloe grinned, "I think Claire has a new beau. Love at first site." She snickered.

"Hmmm... Set that boy's heart on fire did you, girl?"

Claire sighed and her eyes lit up. "Yeeeeahh."

"Seems it might be mutual." He sighed. "Girls, you knew this would be against my wishes. Why did you do this?" He said grimly.

Claire still had a sappy look on her face and sighed dreamily.

Chloe answered, "Well, we were going to talk to you... but we had the outfits... and... well, the opportunity came up... and..."

"Um-huh. Did you ask Jon? Or Zared? Or did you ask me?"

Chloe answered, "You would have said no."

"Probably."

Claire still had a dreamy look on her face, "You aren't going to make us stop, are you?"

Clark couldn't help but grin a little. "As many times as you have talked to Trace, what happened that you've just now gone all ga-ga.?"

"I don't know. It's like I never really saw him before. And he told me I'm *beautiful*."

"He's smitten with the Purple Pixie, not with Claire Kent. Believe me, I know something about that kind of thing."

Claire said, "That's okay. I'll just make him see Claire."

Clark just shook his head and rubbed his forehead. "Just...

Chloe interrupted, "Yeah, I hope so. She can stay rid of that creep, that way." Claire pouted and tears came to her eyes. A quick look crossed between the two girls. Chloe was pleading Claire to tell their dad. Claire was pleading Chloe to keep her mouth quiet.

Clark watched the interaction but didn't say anything. He'd definitely talk to them later, though. "Just remember the family secret. You can't tell anyone."

Claire pouted. "Hannah knows."

"Hannah just found out, and only because she told Jon she is half Kryptonian."

Both girls exclaimed, "She's what!"

Clark nodded lightly. "And Jenni didn't know until Zared found out she was pregnant. That was pretty irresponsible. Don't do that."

"What?" Chloe said.

"Don't get pregnant without your boyfriend - preferably your husband - knowing about you. Better yet, just don't get pregnant! Okay?"

Claire grinned, "Oh, Daddy. You're silly."

"And don't have sex until you're at least 30 - no 60." Both of the girls giggled. "I'm serious!" Clark stood up. "We have to have a family meeting. We'll talk more later. No more rescues... unless you ask. And I'll probably say no. By the way, did I thank the two of you for pulling Caitlyn and I out of the water?" Both nodded. "Consid..."

Chloe interrupted. "We feel really bad, Daddy. We should have seen something."

Claire agreed and said, "Yeah."

"No, you did good. You can't see everything. And you can't *do* everything. Remember that, okay?" He sighed, "Now, consider yourselves grounded until I decide what to do with you."

Claire said, "You mean it could get worse?"

"Hmmm....." Clark gave them a look that said he was thinking about it. "Now, get down to the family room for a family meeting. Make sure everyone else is there."

They both saw the brief grimace cross their dad's face and knew that because of pain and tiredness, they had gotten off way too easy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While everyone else was gathering in the family room, Clark went to the kitchen. Caitlyn found him leaning against the counter with a bottle of water in his hand. She rubbed his lower back. "Tired."

He nodded. "Yeah, I am. Kids.... Do you know that Claire and Chloe have decided to join their brothers as super heroes?"

Caitlyn smiled, "And their father."

"Yeah, but they aren't even sixteen yet." He sighed and turned to her. "Caitlyn, you are so beautiful. Did I tell how much I like that dress?" He brazenly pulled at the front of the dress. He smiled, "And you have such nice... Ummm."

"Clark." She playfully slapped at him. Then she smiled and leaned her head against his chest. "You took the tux off, I see. Too bad." She swallowed hard and fanned herself. "Has anybody ever told you how *good* you look in black. I mean... I wanted to... right then.. Wooo...." Then she got serious. "Clark, I've been thinking. And I have to tell you something. I know we have spent many nights in the same room, but I've always been on the love-seat or the couch until last night." She blushed slightly, "I know all we did was sleep, but I really liked being in your arms, and I liked holding you in mine." She fidgeted with her fingers. "I.. umm... don't want to worry, anymore, about your kids 'catching' us in bed together."

Clark smiled broadly and put his arms around her. "Why, Caitlyn, are you asking me to marry you?"

She chewed her fingernails, "Well, no... I... um.. was kind of hoping you'd ask me?"

He bent down and kissed her lightly. "Will you marry me, Caitlyn Kira?"

She smiled, "Yes, Clark Kent, I will." The Caitlyn kissed him back, and they held each other quietly for a few moments.

Clark suddenly looked up. "We've got a family meeting to go to."

Caitlyn cocked her head to one side. "You want me to come?"

He whispered sweetly in her hair, "You're family now." Then he looked up, Zared and Jenni just came in. Let me ask if they want to come to meeting. I'll be right back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clark walked towards the guest room that Zared and Jenni had just entered and lightly knocked.

Zared said, "Come in." When Clark walked in, he said with a smile, "Oh, hey, Dad. I figured you'd be in bed. It's been kind of a long and stressful day for you."

"You, too. We are going to have a family meeting. I just wanted to know if the two of you would like to attend. Don't feel obligated."

"Well, ummm..." Zared turned to Jenni. "Is it okay, Jenni? I'd really like to hear what Dad is going to say about all this."

She smiled, "Of course, it's okay. Let me get a pain pill, and let's go." She looked up at Clark. "Looks like you need one, too."

"Yes." He sighed. "Unfortunately... they don't work."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caitlyn and Clark and Jenni and Zared walked into the family room and sat down. Hannah was there and stood up to leave. Clark motioned for her to sit down. "You can stay, Hannah." He sighed, "Okay, the agenda for this family meeting keeps expanding. First, is their anyone else in the house right now?" Clark was relatively sure of this, but he wanted to make sure this was a private meeting.

Everyone agreed that no one else was in the house. And Anamarie was at her mother's house.

Clark smiled, "Okay, let me start out by saying congratulations to Zared and Jenni." He nodded to both of them. He looked at Lara and patted his lap. "Come here, baby girl." She ran over and sat on her Daddy's lap. He looked up at everyone, and they could tell from the look that he wanted no interruptions. Some of his kids looked at each other as if they knew what was coming. "Lara, honey, I need to tell you something. The rest of the family already knows, and I'd prefer you to be older, but because of the rest of what I have to say, I've decided that you must know this now. Now this is a secret, and it's a dangerous secret. You *mustn't* tell anyone. Do you understand?" She nodded solemnly. "I mean, no one, Lara. Besides the people in this room, there is only a three or four others who know, and you don't need to know who they are right now, okay?"

"'Kay. If this is 'posed to be so important, then why isn't Grandmother Ellen here?"

Clark's eyes got a little wide, but he answered calmly. "Grandmother Ellen doesn't know, and she can't find out. Okay?"

"But Gramma and Grampa Kent are here."

"Well, yes, but they've known longer than anyone. Okay?"

"'Kay."

Clark smiled at her. "Lara, I'm Superman."

"Oh, that." Then she said simply and sweetly, "I know."

The entire room erupted in giggles. Clark was trying hard to keep a straight face. "And how do you *know* this, Lara?"

"Don't know. Just know."

"How long have you known?"

"As long as I can 'member. You know when you rescued me that time? When I got lost in the snow?" Clark nodded. She gave him her most charming smile. "At least since then."

Clark threw his hands up in the air. That had happened when Lara had been twenty months old. That must surely be her earliest memory. "And you've never told anyone?"

"Nope!" She said matter-of-factly. "Not even Brook. She just found out, you know - last week."

Clark nodded. "Yes, I know." Clark just shook his head. His children would never cease to amaze him.

Lara crawled over to Caitlyn and snuggled on her lap. Then she turned and pointed to K'al-El and Los-El. "They are from New Krypton, aren't they?"

Clark was speechless for a moment. More giggles erupted. "Uh... yeah." He proceeded to tell everyone most of what happened earlier in the day.

Jama said, "So that's how Zared got here."

Clark nodded. "And when Zared returned from New Krypton, he brought these two with him." He motioned to K'al-El. "This is K'al-El. He is my oldest son." Then he motioned to Los-El. "And this is my second son, Los-El. K'al's name is the same as saying Kal-El the second and Los-El's name means 'a gift' but also honors Lois." Then he smiled broadly and teased, "And all of you thought Zared was the oldest." Then he turned to the twins. "And you two aren't the only identical twins in the family."

Chloe and Claire both giggled.

Claire said, "Guess not."

Chloe said, "I can't wait to exchange stories. But, Daddy, are you saying that Zared is your biological son? And K'al and Los, too?"

Clark nodded solemnly.

Jama said, "So you... had... relations with Lady Zara?"

Clark quickly looked at K'al and Los and wondered if they knew the truth. The both nodded to him and told him that they knew the truth. "No, I didn't. I *was* married to her, though, but that was a political solution. You all know about test tube babies. Well, that's basically what these three are."

Lara turned to her Daddy with wide eyes. "They grew in a test tube instead of in their Mommy's belly?"

Clark smiled. "They just started out that way in the very beginning. They grew in Zara's tummy."

Brook said with awe, "So that's where Zared's name comes from?"

Clark answered, "Well, Zared's Kryptonian name is Zar-El. He was named after his biological mother - Lady Zara. But it's not exactly the same. Her name is pronounced 'Zahra'. His name is pronounced with a short 'a' - like Jared. And Lois chose his name, but she didn't make it up. It's a Hebrew name that means 'strange descent'. It seemed to fit."

Brook giggled and snorted. "Yeah, Zared's pretty strange."

Clark said, ever tolerant, "Take the whole meaning in context. We could tease you about your name, too, couldn't we, Lois Brook?"

Zared grinned and giggled, "Babble, babble, babble.... Just like mom... Babble, babble, babble..."

"I don't babble," Brook crossed her arms.

Most of the people in the room said, "Ohhh, yes you do!" Brook pouted just a little, but her eyes danced. She loved the attention.

Hannah took a deep breath and sighed, "I know I'm not really family, but I..."

"If you're here, then you're family, Hannah. And you have very special circumstances, too."

She nodded, "Jon doesn't seem to be too surprised by all this. I know he went on this little trip, too, but did he know about Zared?"

Clark nodded. "Yes, they've always been close. Zared told him himself." He sighed. "Now, I don't know how long K'al and Los will be here, but remember you can't publicly call them your brothers. And be patient. Their English is shaky. Most of you know a little Kryptonian, even if you don't know that's what it is, but I want them to speak English, as much as possible. Okay?"

Everyone agreed.

Jama, ever so timidly, said, "Daddy, please don't take this wrong way, but... you said everyone here is family, and Hannah has special circumstances. And Caitlyn is here. Can you explain?"

He smiled, "Well, Hannah..." Then he looked at Hannah to make sure it was okay. She nodded. "Just as you, Jon, Brook, Chloe, Lara, and Claire are half-Kryptonian or Kryptonian Humans, so is Hannah."

Jenni piped up and said, "Krypterrans."

"We'll see if it catches on, Jenni." He looked up at everybody, "Jenni has started using another name - Krypterrans."

Chloe's eyes were wide, "Well, I hope you're not her father. Not with the way she and Jon act."

Hannah spoke, "No. I don't know who my father is. My mother was raped by one of the New Kryptonians."

Brook and Lara both said, "What's rape?"

"I'll explain later girls. Okay?" They both nodded.

K'al and Los looked at their father asking silent permission to tell Hannah of the data orb and of the possible information it contained. Clark shook his head yes. Los turned to Hannah, "Forgive..me..not well English. Father has... a.. data.. ball. It could have... life sequence... there." He looked to his Father for assistance.

"Yes, I have a data orb that Ching and Lady Zara left. The information is difficult to access, but Los and K'al have told me a DNA database may be there. They may be able to explain how to use the data orb more effectively, also. If you want to know, Hannah, we can find out."

K'al-El interrupted and said firmly, "I be like know. If... man alive will be punished. The ruler of New Krypton speaks." He hung his head. "I say sorry."

Hannah nodded, "Yes, I'd like to know, but I'm not sure why. I guess I would just like to know what he looked like." A single tear ran down her face, and Jon pulled her close.

Claire was slightly shocked. "He's the ruler of New Krypton?"

"Well, Lady Zara is the regent, but he is the ruler and has been since he was born. If I understand correctly, he will not be the full ruler until he is the age of 25 Earth years." He looked at Los and K'al for confirmation. Both nodded.

K'al-El said, "Yes. But... be you ruler in truth."

Clark was a little rattled at that. "Umm... yes... Well, in order to actually be the ruler in name, Zara has to be married to royalty. But I gave her permission to marry Lieutenant Ching, therefore, she's the regent, but... Oh.... never mind. It's too complicated."

Jama said, "And...

Clark held his hand up. "Wait... So it seems earlier tonight that Chloe and Claire decided to make a hero appearance." He turned back to the twins and grinned. "Have you two thought about how the names Purple Pixie and Blue Fairy are going to sound when you are older?"

Chloe shrugged, "Well, nobody would ever think about us being so strong, would they?" Claire nodded in agreement.

He looked at Jama, "Don't get any ideas."

"I'm no hurry, Daddy. I can't even fly, yet."

"Uh.. huh..." He turned to Los and K'al and introduced everyone in the room. Then he smiled at Caitlyn and put his arm around her. "And as for why Caitlyn is here, well, we are engaged."

There were lots of smiles, a troubled look, and a frown in the room, but nearly everyone said congratulations, and when Jon started clapping, everyone followed suit. Everything became very noisy.

Lara, who was still sitting on Caitlyn's lap, smiled up at her. "When are you going to get married?"

Caitlyn shrugged. "I'm not sure, Lara, but I hope soon."

"Good. I like you a lot." Then she whispered in Caitlyn's ear. "I know you aren't my real mother, but can I call you Mommy? I've never really had a Mommy."

Tears filled Caitlyn's eyes, and her hands flew to her mouth. She turned to look at Clark with wide eyes.

He smiled at Caitlyn and lightly nodded. He told her with his eyes that it was her decision, but he silently hoped that she would agree. After all, Lara deserved to have a Mommy, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tbc

Feedback Thread

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~