Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33197 10/04/06 05:54 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I'd thought about doing a story where Lois and Clark were born as the opposite sex a long time ago, but I could never get it started. The gender bender challenge thread gave me a little push, however, and this is what I came up with. Let me know what you think!

#33198 10/04/06 10:01 PM
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Shayne, dance

This is a very brilliant story, well written and VERY good to read.

I like the fact that you are looking at our heroes from the other prospective.

More please!

Regards,

SNL

#33199 10/05/06 12:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww.... Nice.
The tanks and military convoys were on the horizon and coming closer, and Louis realized that this would be his last story. He only regretted having brought Clara along with him. She’d started to grow on him, and she’d had a lot of potential.
I liked the black suit.

Yes, I agree with SNL, this is a brilliant story.

I'm sure you are aware that I'm working on a story from that challenge, too. Boy, you sure do make it rough. laugh I hope mine is half as good. It won't be as hard hitting, I'm sure.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#33200 10/05/06 01:22 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
love it love it love it love it !!!!!!!!!

This was a lovely treat Shane, thank you

#33201 10/05/06 01:31 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
This is a seriously good story. I like that you highlight the extra tension between that comes from being in such a scary place. And thank you for having him recognize her so quickly!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#33202 10/05/06 03:51 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh Shayne, it was wonderful. smile I had already read a good chunk of it but gosh I loved the ending. You have such a way with words. I fell in love with this story from the moment you pasted those first few paragraphs. smile

I loved how smug you mad Clara. I think I have mentioned that before. Actually maybe it isn't that I love how smug she is but how Louis gets so irritated by her. It made me laugh delightfully. ^_^

I love how you pieced it all together. You have a gift of giving us snippets of a story and somehow putting them together so well that we don't realize it till it is over. I loved how you kept a lot of the elements the same but changed them to really fit what the gender difference would have made between the two of them.

Well done! Loved it! *still has a big smile on her face from that last line*

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#33203 10/05/06 07:15 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
clap clap clap
Shayne! Bravo! This was great. smile

At first I was surprised at a couple things. "Louis smoking? A black body suit? Where did those come from?" But somehow, it just feels right. I can just picture it. It fits.

Good work, Shayne! Now you must do a sequel. laugh

~•~
#33204 10/05/06 04:30 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks for the comments. As for Louis smoking...Lois Lane has smoked in multiple incarnations, from the comic books to the 70's movie to Smallville. Our Lois was smarter than that, but men tend to be less bright than women sometimes <g>. Men are more likely to smoke than women in any case.

As for the black suit...it's the man's world thing. Clara may have a need to be more severe than Clark would, so that she can be taken seriously. I don't see any women other than Madonna wearing underwear on the outside, and Clara, as a woman is probably less threatening than Clark, so is in less need of bright colors.

Thanks for the comments so far guys!

#33205 10/13/06 01:45 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story! thumbsup What else could he ask for? wink

Brilliant twist, Shayne. notworthy I'd like a sequel very much.

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard