Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33170 10/04/06 01:58 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lara, I haven't had time to read part 7 yet, but I wanted you to know you are loved and haven't been forgotten. I'll be back shortly!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#33171 10/04/06 02:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hehe! Thanks Nancy! sloppy

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#33172 10/04/06 02:28 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I have read it, and I really liked it. (I particularly appreciated that you spoke directly to me in your introduction and told me I would like this A-plot-poor chapter - yes, I did.... wink )

I'll come back with more feedback, but not right away, I'm sorry.

Ann

#33173 10/04/06 02:59 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
(I particularly appreciated that you spoke directly to me in your introduction and told me I would like this A-plot-poor chapter - yes, I did.... wink )
hehe! Glad you noticed it.

Desperately trying to get some of the ideas for part 8 out and into the computer before I forget all the cool ideas I had today... I hope you'll get a kick out of the little Superman/Flash conversation I have going at the beginning of it. I thought of you a few times as I wrote it, actually. wink

Oh and, if anyone remembers me saying I had the hardest time in the world getting just a single little kiss onto the page in Ring of Truth - well I guess I got past the embarrassment cause I've got a real nice little scene in Lois' apartment which.... ah, you'll see. wink I guess there's hope for me after all. weee!

#33174 10/04/06 03:13 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, Feedback!!

Poor baby....
"Yes, but..." she sighed. "I'm sorry... uh... Mr. Kent has left the Daily Planet." Just speaking his name felt like something sharp was stabbing through her heart. She closed her eyes for a second, trying to contain her emotions.
~~

The conversation between Iris and Lois was precious. Who's on first.....
~~

I agree with Lois....
Superman Revenge Squad."

"Oh my God!"
~~

You better, Lois!!
And if she ever got a chance to, she promised herself that she'd do whatever it took to make it up to him.
~~

Poor Lois. Love really makes a person blind, doesn't it?
She really was completely blind, wasn't she? No wonder she couldn't see past a pair of glasses!
~~

Wait, Lois... Didn't you have a crush on A.C (aka Aquaman). No... Ooops... Wrong Lois. laugh
The Flash, Lois had heard about before, but Aquaman?
~~

Yeah, you got a blind spot....
She smiled at the knowledge that she still "had it" after all. Maybe she simply had a blind spot when it came to guys in *blue* spandex.
~~

razz No, it wasn't very nice.
"Poor guy, I can't imagine how it feels to be told you need to leave like that after all he's done for us, it's just so cruel. And he's such a good man... I mean, you know... Well, obviously, you would, since..."
~~

Oh, this line is just wonderful. rotflol
"Well, of course I do. I'm not blind, you know!" Lois told him, defiantly.
~~

Awww... I just smiled so big at this part!
She unlocked the storage room's door and, as she opened it, she found herself starting right at a big red 'S' set over a certain blue spandex suit which she didn't imagine she'd ever see so soon again. She looked up at Clark's face, amazed at the speed at which he'd shown up there. The Flash had nothing on him for sure, she thought.

"Seriously?" he asked, his eyes intense with unspoken emotion.

Lois just stood and stared for a few seconds. It was the first time she saw him in the Suit, since she'd found out that Clark was Superman. No wonder she'd never really looked that closely as his face when he wore it... it fit just right in all the right places, she thought appreciatively.
~~

They don't call 'em tights for nothin'....
No wonder she'd never really looked that closely as his face when he wore it... it fit just right in all the right places, she thought appreciatively.
~~

You're going to wrap this up in one part? I already hear myself screaming sequel!!

#33175 10/05/06 02:56 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wait, Lois... Didn't you have a crush on A.C (aka Aquaman). No... Ooops... Wrong Lois. laugh
hehehehehehe! wink You know, if I hadn't seen that ep of Smallville, I don't think Aquaman would even be in this story. I hadn't planned on it at all at first, but then I got the DVDs and... well... and that guy was just way too good looking, btw. LOL!

I'm so glad you liked the little scene right outside the storage room. Yay! smile

You're going to wrap this up in one part? I already hear myself screaming sequel!!
Hehehe - /me thinks you're likely to get your wish.

One thing is for sure, though: there's going to be a prequel. A good part of it is already written. It's called "All Wired Up". I think with just the title you can pretty much figure what's going to be in that one. wink

Although, before I get to those, I've got a little thing called "Back in Black" that I need to work on and another which is likely to be titled "To Be A Hero" - I think you can also pretty much figure out what these are going to be.

I'm amazed at how many ideas pop into my head all the time now. It used to be I would sit there and try to think of something to write about and end up depressed cause I couldn't find anything - and now I haven't finished one story that I've already got 4 more waiting to be worked on. Well, five, actually, but I'm not telling what the fifth one is. wink

I'm so glad I stumbled onto this community, you really have NO idea. smile

#33176 10/05/06 03:15 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oh, I'm anxious for Back in Black to make an appearance.

#33177 10/05/06 12:55 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Loving this story, Lara!!

The Flash, Lois had heard about before, but Aquaman? Geez, how many of these guys were there?
I'm with you, Lois! smile

Nice to see the superhero's significant others getting together to figure things out. Kind of ironic and very amusing!

Should Lois really be talking about the superhero's secret identities on a cell phone?

"Did you mean that?" Clark asked, once he'd grabbed the phone from his mother.
Just like an eager teenage boy with a crush smile

Iris' husband? You mean Barry? What's he got to do with this?" Clark asked, pretending not to know.

"Oh, come on, Clark, don't play dumb with me. He's The Flash! You *know* that."

"Yeah, I do. I'm just surprised that you do too..."

Just a little bit, he thought. But he knew better than to say that out loud.
Yeah, better keep your mouth shut if you value your life... smile

She unlocked the storage room's door and, as she opened it, she found herself starting right at a big red 'S' set over a certain blue spandex suit which she didn't imagine she'd ever see so soon again. She looked up at Clark's face, amazed at the speed at which he'd shown up there. The Flash had nothing on him for sure, she thought.
If he will do that just because he finds out that Lois misses him, imagine what he will do when she falls in love with him!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#33178 10/05/06 04:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Should Lois really be talking about the superhero's secret identities on a cell phone?
In the mid-90's -- I didn't think it was such a big security risk then. It might be now, with people trying to hack into all manner of things, but back then, that stuff was pretty new... worst case, hey, they get away with all sorts of things by invoking "TV Logic", so I say I can, too. LOL!

If he will do that just because he finds out that Lois misses him, imagine what he will do when she falls in love with him!
I'm not sure yet if you'll see *that* exactly, but there's a lovely little scene at the end where Lois is really mad at him because she'd found out that there are several people who know that Clark is Superman but he's never bothered to tell her - let's just say she won't be mad very long, he's got some really powerful arguments..... hehehehe!

I'm glad you're enjoying the story, Lisa! smile (and everyone!) It totally makes my day!

#33179 10/07/06 11:53 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lara, I'm sorry I'm so late, and I don't have that much time now, either.... frown

"Ms. Lane? Hi, my name is Iris Allen; I work for the Picture-News in Central City. You're Mr. Kent's partner, I believe?"

"Yes, but..." she sighed. "I'm sorry... uh... Mr. Kent has left the Daily Planet."
Ladies and gentlemen and Iris Allen, Elvis, uh, Clark Kent, uh, Superman has left the building.

Just speaking his name felt like something sharp was stabbing through her heart. She closed her eyes for a second, trying to contain her emotions.
goofy

"I wish I had any idea how to get in touch with Superman. I don't know where to find him," Lois admitted, annoyed at herself for not getting Clark to tell her where to find him.

"Can't you... uh... get in touch with Mr. Kent? I know he's close to Superman. I figured you'd be our best shot at getting in contact with him." Maybe Lois really didn't know, Iris thought.
Poor Lois, she is feeling inadequate again.

Close to Superman? That's the understatement of the century, Lois thought. But why would Iris say such a thing? Before she found out they were one and the same, Lois might have referred to Superman as being an acquaintance of Clark's, just like he was an acquaintance of hers, but she'd never have thought of them as being 'close'... Is that what other people thought?
Why not? I distinctly remember reading a story, either from the Archive or at Annesplace, where Lois was in her GSM (Galactically Stupid Mode) and thought that Clark and Superman were lovers.

"Trust me, Lois, nothing would make me happier than to know that demented Wizard was behind bars for good," Iris told her. "He's gone after my husband a few times more that I care to remember."

After her husband? Who could she be married to that some crazy weather-controlling freak would want to go after?

Just then, Lois caught a glimpse of the images of downtown Metropolis, which were being broadcast on TV. It seemed The Flash had just arrived.

Oh... wait a second! *That* is who she was married to, wasn't it? Pieces of the puzzle were starting to fall into place in Lois' head. She smiled at the knowledge that she still "had it" after all. Maybe she simply had a blind spot when it came to guys in *blue* spandex. Thankfully, she only knew one like that...
Yeah, red or blue spandex makes all the difference, doesn't it? laugh

Lois thanked Iris again and hung up. She hoped things would turn out ok. Having gotten a taste of what her life might be like without Clark in it, she could imagine just how painful it would be for someone to lose their *husband* while he was out saving innocent people from certain doom.
Well, start getting used to the thought of it, future Mrs. Superman, eh?

Ever since he'd seen the first images of The Flash on TV, Jimmy had been completely mesmerized. He was glued to the television set, trying to catch a good look at the superhero, even though all anyone could really see of him were red blurs appearing and disappearing about as fast as one could blink.
Hah! I can just see it!

Jimmy was in awe. That guy really had cojones, he thought. And what a neat costume, too!
Ahhh... hmmm.... a while ago I needed to google the word "cojones", and... well. Well, I was just thinking... seeing that you don't write nfic and all....? (But of course, that was just Jimmy. You can't be responsible for what he is thinking, can you? laugh )

"Huh? Oh, sorry Lois," he answered, barely taking his eyes off the TV screen for a second. "Have you seen? The Flash is here! He's so cool! Hey, I'll bet this guy is even faster than Superman!"

"Oh come on, Jimmy, of course he's not faster than Superman!" What a ridiculous notion, Lois thought, as if anyone could possibly be better than Superman at anything!
Ahem.... sorry, but I distinctly remember a comic book story where Superman and the Flash had a race, and the Flash won.

"Mrs. Kent, Hi! It's Lois. Uh... Lois Lane. From the Daily Planet. You remember me, don't you?"

"Lois, honey, yes of course I remember," Martha answered "How are you holding up over there?"

"Oh... Me? I'm Ok, it was kind of a shock, you know, things happened so quick and then they asked him to leave and... well, of course now we desperately need his help to catch these lunatics, but we don't know where he's flown off to. You wouldn't happen to know where he's hiding out, would you?" Lois was so nervous she was starting to babble.

"Who? Superman? Why would we...."

"Oh, oh... it's Ok..." Lois interrupted, "you don't have to pretend... I know..."

"Whatever do you mean?"
So Clark hasn't told his parents that Lois knows his secret, eh?

"I mean I know... that Clark is... well... him."

"Lois, you're not making any sense, honey..." Martha said, slightly worried. Did Lois really actually know, she wondered?

"You made the suit for him... I know. The whole secret identity... Clark told me before he left last night. Well, I figured it out actually, but that's not important how I know, is it? I just do. Listen, I really, really need to get in touch with him. The city's about to be flooded and The Flash is here but we need Superman, too. Oh and we know who caused the heat. It's not him, it never was. I knew all along it couldn't be him, I told him, too, but I think he was too heartbroken to listen to anything I was saying at the time..." she was babbling uncontrollably now. "Poor guy, I can't imagine how it feels to be told you need to leave like that after all he's done for us, it's just so cruel. And he's such a good man... I mean, you know... Well, obviously, you would, since..."
Ah!! Her babbling is adorable.

"Lois?" Martha interrupted, laughing softly.

"Oh, oh sorry... I lose track of my own thoughts sometimes when I'm stressed. So, anyway, do you happen to know where he is?" She closed her eyes tightly; hoping the answer to come would be a yes.

"Well, I'm not exactly sure, but..." she started saying.
Watch out, Martha, Lois is in babbling mode! laugh

"Oh," Lois interjected. "I'm sorry... I just assumed you'd be aware of his whereabouts. It must be hard on you guys too? This whole thing turned into such an awful mess. I still can't believe they made him leave like that."

"You know, honey, it's not the first time Clark's had to pack up and leave on a moment's notice. We're pretty much used to getting that call and finding out that he's had to fly off to some other remote part of the world that we've often never even heard of. It's a lot harder on him than it is on us, though. Poor sweetie, it breaks his heart every time - and well... it's so much worse this time around, what with all the friends he'd made and... well he'd found his calling and his purpose in Metropolis, you know?"

"Mrs. Kent? When you speak to him... tell him we've got proof he's not responsible for the heat, tell him we need him to come back. Oh... and... uh... would you... uh... tell him... I miss him," Lois' voice cracked on the last few words. He hadn't been gone a full 24 hours, yet it felt like a lifetime ago that he'd said goodbye.
Aaaaaaawwwww!!!!! She is asking Martha to tell Clark that Lois misses him. sloppy

"Oh, honey, you can tell him yourself. He's standing right here."

"What? He is? But I thought you said you didn't know where he was?" Lois asked, confused.

"I didn't... You just didn't let me finish. I was trying to say that I wasn't sure but that I thought I'd seen him land near the barn a few minutes ago," Martha told her. "Here, let me put him through."
So funny!

"Did you mean that?" Clark asked, once he'd grabbed the phone from his mother.

"Mean what? I haven't said anything!"

"Not directly to me, no..."

"You mean...? You heard that?" Lois felt herself turn bright red. He'd heard?

"That's why it's called 'super-hearing', Lois," he teased.
Tell him, Lois!

"Oh," she whispered. A second later, as her wits returned to her, she continued, "Look, now's not the time to try and be cute, Clark. The city is about to be flooded! We need you!"
Yes, hurry, Clark!

"Iris' husband? You mean Barry? What's he got to do with this?" Clark asked, pretending not to know.

"Oh, come on, Clark, don't play dumb with me. He's The Flash! You *know* that."

"Yeah, I do. I'm just surprised that you do too..."

Well, I really think people are making too much fun of poor Lois sometimes, but... that was funny!

Seeing that he wasn't answering, Lois continued impatiently, "So, are you coming or what?"

"Well... you haven't answered my question," Clark said, playfully. He knew this might be pushing his luck just a little bit, but he all but ached to hear Lois tell him directly what she'd told his mother to tell him just a moment ago. If anything could help heal the pain he'd felt as he'd been forced to leave Metropolis, this was certainly it.

"What question? Clark... there's no time for games!" Lois said as impatient as ever.

"Did you mean it, Lois? What you said before?" He asked again.

"What?" Lois asked, before it dawned on her that he meant the thing she'd told his mother just before he picked up the phone. "Oh, that...?" she swallowed uneasily and continued, her voice barely a whisper, "Yes, of course I meant it, Clark."
Aaaaawwwww!!!! Yes!!!!

Lois waited for an answer but all she heard was static.

"Clark?" she asked. But still, all she heard was static. She looked at her phone and shook it. What a really awful time to lose the connection she thought, frustrated. Ah well, she guessed he'd be smart enough to take that as his cue to get into his Suit and fly over to Metropolis on the double.

"Seriously?" he asked, his eyes intense with unspoken emotion.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sloppy

Lois just stood and stared for a few seconds. It was the first time she saw him in the Suit, since she'd found out that Clark was Superman. No wonder she'd never really looked that closely as his face when he wore it... it fit just right in all the right places, she thought appreciatively.
blush

"Lois?" he said, with a bemused look. Clark couldn't help but notice she was giving him the once-over.

"Oh..." she said finally, her cheeks reddening. "Yeah," she whispered, and looking him straight in the eyes she added, "seriously."

He smiled and gently brushed the back of his hand against her cheek.
Oh, how sweet! But then Clark has to leave so he can join the fight against the Weather Wizard.

How sweet, Lara! I loved it!

Ann

#33180 10/08/06 12:47 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
It's not easy being green, as Kermit used to sing. And it can't be easy being Superman, either.
Piggy Elvis, eh, Ann??

I've read this one, too.
Why not? I didstinctly remember reading a story, either from the Archive or at Annesplace, where Lois was in her GSM (Galactically Stupid Mode) and thought that Clark and Superman were lovers.
Really? The only ones I remember are the ones where they ended in a tie and where Superman won.
Ahem.... sorry, but I distinctly remember a comic book story where Superman and the Flash had a race, and the Flash won.

#33181 10/08/06 11:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ann! smile Glad you liked this part, thanks for the comments!

I wish I'd noticed the comments earlier -- I'm sitting here in a hotel room in Paris and I'm still kinda jet-lagged. Actually, I don't know for sure what day this is anymore. But, hey, I got to see Jim Morrison's grave today, so I'm a happy camper here. wink (and I'm off topic, too. LOL!)

[...] and I don't have that much time now, either.... frown
Hummm... Judgeing by the length of this comment, I'm really wondering how long it might have been if you actually did *have* time. LOL!

Ah Lara, I think you are being a little mean now, rubbing in Lois's galactic stupidity.
Nah! I only remind her of it cause I care for her. hehehehe!

Not the Who, Lois. The Wizard.
Oh, geez, I fell over laughing. The Who. HAHAHAHA! (could have been The Guess Who, even. LOL!)

Aha, there's going to be a JLA-fest here! (Oh, and the AC that I couldn't identify last time, and who turned out to be Aquaman. Well, Aquaman was never much of a favorite of mine, but I do seem to remember that his name was Arthur... Arthur...Arthur Curry, perhaps?)
Yeps. Arthur Curry. You're like a walking encyclopedia of DCU knowledge, aren't you? smile Aquaman is merely making a guest appearance. But Flash you'll see more of, though. Just cause I love that guy. hehe!

Ahhh... hmmm.... a while ago I needed to google the word "cojones", and... well. Well, I was just thinking... seeing that you don't write nfic and all....? (But of course, that was just Jimmy. You can't be responsible for what he is thinking, can you? laugh )
Humm.. saying that the guys has conjones just means he has "balls" - as in he's brave or courageous. It's not supposed to mean that Jimmy noticed how well hung the guy is. LOL! I might, though. hahaha!

And as to nfic... ya know... that scene at the end that I'm working on, it might turn into it. We'll see. Although, I'd need help for that cause I have no idea what the proper words are in English. Seriously.

I remember a story were neither won, myself. But it doesn't really matter because in that point in time, the race has not happened yet. I won't promise that it will, but it might happen in part 8. wink

#33182 10/08/06 04:56 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Humm.. saying that the guys has conjones just means he has "balls" - as in he's brave or courageous.
Actually, Lara, I know, because I found that out when I googled the expression. It's just that we don't have a similar expression in Swedish. To us, being equipped with testicles doesn't translate as being brave, unless the tough macho kids have just introduced such an expression and I haven't noticed. I was familiar with the the expression "having balls", of course, but then there are so many different kinds of balls - basketballs, baseballs, soccer balls, whatever... I just don't notice the testicles in the balls as much as I do in the conjones, you know? goofy

Ann

#33183 10/12/06 08:40 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Actually, Lara, I know, because I found that out when I googled the expression.
ah, sorry. this is what jet lag does to me, messes with my head. LOL!

I just don't notice the testicles in the balls as much as I do in the conjones, you know? goofy
oh yeah, I totally understand. smile

Let me assure you, Jimmy only noticed the guy's courage, though. He doesn't care at all for the man's ..uh.. family jewels. LOL!

On the other hand, in the scene where Lois comes face to face with Superman, right out of the storage room ("it fit just right in all the right places") -- she wasn't looking at his arms. Or his thighs, either. Trust me. wink

hehehehe!

#33184 10/13/06 01:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Things look brighter now. smile I'm eagerly waiting for next part. drool I can't help it, I'm a nfic addicted. blush

Oh, I'm sure you'll find all the help you need with the nfic writing, Lara. There're many talented and brilliant nfic writers here. wink

Andreia cool

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#33185 10/13/06 04:16 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Andreia! smile

Definitely a sequel and a prequel, too. And if I find the nerve (almost fully there) and the words for that, quite probably a little nfic interlude as a part 8.5 or something. LOL!

Part 8 is mostly written, but I haven't really had a chance to work on it this week. I tried... I wrote a couple lines in the plane on the way here and several more in the evenings, but most days, after walking for hours and doing all these tourist things (hehe!) I was too tired to think! frown

Off to escargots and foie gras, I go. wink

#33186 10/18/06 04:11 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Lara, where is part 8???? I mean, come on, real life is no excuse for neglecting your fanfic! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#33187 10/19/06 03:46 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's coming, it's coming. wink

I'm having a hard time readjusting to normal life this week... you know, after Paris. yeah, I know how that sounds, but the jet lag and the pace that was just completely different (that's what I get for going on vacation with my mom *lol*) it's a lot harder to recover from than I expected. I'm completely wiped out, I swear!

Of course, to make matters worse, I managed to fall into a great big plot hole - yet again. But I'm climbing out of it now.

I'll be done soon. I promise it'll be worth the wait. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard