Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3313 06/17/03 02:05 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
It's up!!!! Hope everyone enjoys reading as much as I enjoyed writing it!

#3314 06/17/03 02:53 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Wonderful! smile1

Beautiful. drool

Love everything.

Clark Jr. smiled up at his daddy. "So, *Daddy*, did you and Mom… talk last night?"

Clark stared open mouthed at the boy. "And what business is it of yours?" he asked as Clark Jr. eased from his lap to retake his seat.

The boy turned fully to his dad to answer him. "Well, up until yesterday I was the man of the house. I have the right to know if someone is making plays on my mother." He crossed his arms over his chest and shot Clark a stern glare.

Clark laughed out loud. "If you had a suit, you'd look just like a miniature Superman."

Clark Jr. smiled but didn't relax his stance. "Don't change the subject, mister."
hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#3315 06/17/03 03:31 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ahhhhhhhhhhh...so lovely!

I definitely enjoyed reading it..and finally they make love!

Wonderful SQD! Can't wait for the rest, esp. the fall of Luthor!! smile1

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#3316 06/17/03 03:53 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah I loved this whole segment. Too bad it isn't nfic though<g> More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#3317 06/17/03 04:22 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thank you so much for posting this! It was fantastic! Glad Lois held firm...on making clark stay that is wink
I'm going to be out of town for 3 days, and I was afraid I wouldn't get to read this before I leave.

great job. Now let's bring Luthor down. Maybe a small wham somewhere along the line.

Looking forward to several more chapters when i return laugh

doublel

#3318 06/17/03 04:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YAY part 13!

"Show me who you are."

"That's the problem. I don't know."

"Then let's find out together." She pushed forward and kissed him softly.
This part really got to me. I was like whinging so sweet.

Clark Jr. smiled but didn't relax his stance. "Don't change the subject, mister."

Clark held up his hands in defeat. "Clark, I told your mom I loved her and she asked me to come stay with you guys."

"Way to go, Dad!" He dropped his arms and jumped onto his father's lap. "You best be good to her or you'll answer to me."

"Yes sir." Clark ruffled his hair. "You need a haircut."

"So do you."
PS Clark Jr's really cute
dance

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#3319 06/17/03 07:28 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yes, it would be difficult to Clark if Lois got pregnant just now - then Lois's attention would concentrate on the baby, not on him. Many husbands got jealous because the memory of early separation from his mother is activated. Clark must have suppressed memories of his traumatic separation from his birth paremts, so his reaction would be more powerful. I don't think anybody has dealt this in fanfic?

But I do understand how Lois feels, especially as she has not much time to get more children:

Lois tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before she slid to the edge of the bed. She reached for her robe, not able to stamp down the disappointment at Clark's reaction to their neglect of birth control the night before. Intelligently she knew they didn't need another complication right now, but emotionally her heart didn't agree. She'd be ecstatic to carry another child of Clark's.

Gabriele
#3320 06/17/03 08:44 PM
Kerth
Kerth
This part is wonderful. smile

Clark is opening slowly... but he's opening wink

Lex is not going to like the take-over

May the Muse be with you

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#3321 06/17/03 10:37 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yea, more Purgatory! (or should that be less Purgatory and more WAFFs? smile )

"Let's put him to bed."

Clark almost jumped up, carefully cradling the Clark Jr. Lois laughed softly as she led the way to the stairs and up to the boy's room.
Eager, isn't he?

It's nice that Clark is concerned about Lois, but is still too lunkheaded for his own good. At least Lois successfully saved him from his own lunkheadedness. The dialog she uses to finally convince him is inspired writing. My favorite part was:
"But you're not. You're here and you're clean, safe, and you always will be. Please, don't say you're going to leave me. I'd die. I can't lose you again."

"Oh, Lois." Clark lifted his hand to cup her cheek. "And I can't lose you. I just want you to realize that life with me won't be easy. So maybe we should slow this down. Maybe I could get a place and we could spend time together…"

"No, Clark!" He flinched at the tone of her voice. "You've been gone from me for ten years… ten long years. Each night I go to sleep aching to hold you. I wake up each morning aching to see you. You're here now and I don't think I'd survive if you lived even in the next apartment."

Clark drew back, unsure what to say.

"You don't have to… sleep in the same room with me and if you're not comfortable with starting a relationship right away, I understand. But this is your home and I'll be damned if I'll let you leave again."
Is there something missing from this line?
Clark's brows rose. She was gasping to catch her breath, obviously this was a very serious matter to her. "Damn!" (
Is that an extraneous '(' or is some text missing?

She moaned and leaned forward to kiss him softly. Clark surrendered and deepened the kiss. In a matter of only a few moments, both were surfacing from their encounter. Their clothes hadn't even been completely disposed of in their rush to reunite. He was looking down at her, his breathing heavy.

Clark lifted his hand to drag a gentle thumb across her cheek. "I won't apologize for that. It was incredible."

"It was... short, but awesome," Lois agreed with a satisfied purr. "Let's do it again."

Clark grinned down at her. "And again." He kissed her lips, then her neck. "And again."

"And again," she said with a giggle. Several hours passed before they fell asleep.
thumbsup

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#3322 06/18/03 05:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SQD,

thanks so much for posting this part 13!

I really had to quench my thirst of Purgatory news. Well, each part beats the previous on the best writing scale (impressive), so I'm sure part 14 will be quite something smile1 thumbsup

#3323 06/18/03 05:28 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just thought of a potential scenario. Since Clark and Lois are back together again, they can hurt Luthor pretty badly by having Conner and Lois dating in public and making a big news splash about it. That would get Luthor's goat. He spent millions and went through all sorts of machinations to get Lois. Yet here comes Conner Devon, the reclusive richest man in the world, who just walks onto the scene and is suddenly dating the object of Luthor's desire. Ooh would that get him good. evil

I would love to see a scene of Luthor talking to Nigel about this and watching steam come out of his ears.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#3324 06/18/03 05:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oooh! terrific idea me!!

#3325 06/18/03 11:15 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
OK, I'm late, but I'm here. laugh And I just have to say...that I have no complaints. This was wonderful! (BTW, if you ever want to do an nfic version of this section, feel free...)

There were so many lovely moments that I could quote here, I don't know which ones to single out.

He once again stopped her by gripping her head and lifting it until their eyes met. "I'm not him any more."

"Show me who you are."

"That's the problem. I don't know."

"Then let's find out together." She pushed forward and kissed him softly.
That was awesome, and then there were other great parts (Roger quoted some) and then there was this too...
She let her brush stop and took a deep breath. "I don't take birth control. There was no need. The only man I ever wanted to sleep with again was gone."

Clark's eyes widened at that. "There hasn't been…"

"There was no one, Clark." She looked down at him. "My heart wouldn't allow me to do something like that."

"It would have been okay."

"Not in here," she told him with a hand over her heart.
Wow... [Linked Image]

And great stuff with Clark Jr. too.

I'm very happy now. Let's just get Lex and make Clark more secure and have a wonderfully waffy ending for all. And go ahead and do something nice for Dan while you're at it. I'm feeling generous today. laugh

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#3326 06/18/03 01:00 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
One more comment:

The boy turned fully to his dad to answer him. "Well, up until yesterday I was the man of the house. I have the right to know if someone is making plays on my mother." He crossed his arms over his chest and shot Clark a stern glare.

Clark laughed out loud. "If you had a suit, you'd look just like a miniature Superman."
I think Edward was in the room. Was it wise of him to equate Superman with his family in front of Edward? If there weren't only two parts left, I'd be mistrusting Edward.

-- Roger

#3327 06/18/03 01:44 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I felt I needed to clarify a thing or two for Roger...

This is the part that informed Edward who Clark really was:

Clark threw the boy over his shoulder effortlessly before turning to Edward. "Good morning, Edward. Isn't it a lovely morning?" Clark's grin widened at the man's puzzled expression. "I'm sorry, I guess there are a few things I need to discuss with you."

"Only if you wish to, sir."

Clark patted his son's bottom before lowering him to the floor. He settled at the table and began to tell Edward an abridged version of his story. Needless to say the man was surprised.
And he left before the discussion about Superman.

"You're welcome," Edward told the boy before rising. "I must attend to business now. We proceed with the take-over as planned?"

"Yes."

"Very good." Edward smiled and turned to go. "Nice meeting you, Miss Lane," he told Lois as he passed her.
Hope this clears things up a bit for you, Roger.

As for all the other wonderful comments... Thank you, thank you, thank you. Again I've noticed nfic mentioned. Should I start to write those parts for this story? We'd need at least two... Remember way back in the beginning, when they made Clark Jr.? laugh One of my beta-readers suggested I make this nfic from that scene alone. Let me know what you think. If I get enough interest, maybe I can spur my lazy muse with a little romp. thumbsup

Thanks again for sticking with me on this one. I'm very surprised by everyone's enthusiasm.

#3328 06/18/03 08:41 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow....

What can i say...

this part was wonderful thumbsup wave

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
#3329 06/18/03 10:00 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Who dares suggest adding NFic parts to this story? evil )

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
#3330 06/19/03 03:27 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Stopquitdont,
wonderful
I loved it
more soon please
merry

#3331 06/26/03 04:13 AM
T
Blogger
Blogger
T
Hurry, hurry, post next part please. Where are you? It's been too long without my Purgatory fix.

#3332 06/26/03 04:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hurry, hurry, post next part please. Where are you? It's been too long without my Purgatory fix.
Yes where are you and part 14 hiding?, I'm so in need of my Purgatory fix than I'm that close to rewatching all the "little house...' or the Charles Ingalls Chronicles wink Not that nice and a bit soporific to me. smile1 smile1 )

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard