Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Very sweet chapter. And the dog named LabRat is too funny; I hope our own LabRat thinks so too! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
LabRat!!!! rotflol rotflol rotflol

When Nancy, DJ, I and a couple of others wrote our round robin story, Strange Revelations, we had some outrageous fun with that name. For a while Nancy and I, at lest, feared we would never get the name right again, since we (or Nancy, rather) had come up with so many variations of it. LatRat, MabRab, RabLab, RatMat... eh.... Where were we? sloppy

And Clark cleans up the farmhouse, making it homey and cosy. He makes his Mom's apple pie for Lois, using his heat vision (aaaaaawwwwww!!!!) and Lois takes the dog (LabRat!!!!) for a walk. It's going to be good for her to have a dog. Well, it's good for everybody to have a dog. It has been proved that dog owners live longer than others, perhaps because of the daily exercise they get, walking their dogs.

And then Lois and Clark go to bed, and you are keeping things firmly within the limits of the PG folder, and I ain't saying anything.... wink

“You know what, Clark? Is it possible for you to sleep in the same bed with me and not – you know – do anything? I don’t know that I want to sleep alone here.”

“Is cuddling allowed?” Clark joked. “If it is, you’ve got a deal.”

“Deal,” Lois replied, grinning.
Okay, deal! Looking forward to the next part then, Chris! wink

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ann - we don't know each other really, but I have two cocker spaniels and 3 grey tiger cats (they are all brothers - I owned the mother when she had her litter).

Maybe LabRat will get a canine companion - that's why I have two dogs, when I'm working long hours, they keep each other company.

Or maybe LabRat will have special abilities ...HMMMM

oh I'm just babbling out loud! thanks as always for your feedback, ladies!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Columnist
Columnist
oh I was just catching up after the hospital read 6 or 7 parts in a row. Great development and I can't wait to see where this is going.

I love this story and I love this Lois and Clark. Can't wait for the next part. smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL Hope Labby appreciates the name sake. Cute chapter. MMM bed cuddling huh? Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! drool

“So, Miss ‘New Age’ - would you recognize where *we* lived in that past life you remembered when Bridget hypnotized you?” Clark asked. “I figure that I can fly you around in the day time and see if any of the area jogs your memories. Maybe it would bring back my repressed memories too.”

“Well, Clark, the house we lived in was probably torn down along time ago. But they say when you visit a place you’ve been to before, you get a real strong case of deja-vu. It’s worth a shot,” Lois responded.
That's the Kent’s land was probably inherit. grumble

“Nothing else? Are you sure?” Clark asked, winking. He reached over and stroked the side of her face. “I can think of a few other things I’d like to do, and interviews aren’t on my list…”

“Clark Kent! Are you hitting on me?”

“Just planting the seed, Ms. Lane. Just planting the seed.”
Love this! thumbsup

“You know what, Clark? Is it possible for you to sleep in the same bed with me and not – you know – do anything? I don’t know that I want to sleep alone here.”

That sweet! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderful, sweet, lovely chapter, Chris! Sorry it took me so long to leave feedback.
~~

Clark's so sweet! And he really isn't a phony
“Lois! I happen to like a woman with curves on her,” he said matter-of-factly. “You’re going to have to start accepting compliments from me. I’m not a phony; I only say things when I really mean it. I’m not Claude, okay?”
~~

Well said!
Being overweight sometimes was a fate worse than death.
~~

Also well said!

When she was able to see the world from above, she was able to realize the big picture – the people that ostracized her, either to her face or behind her back – were no better than her. They were just passengers on planet earth, like she was. And she could make a difference in the world just as well as anyone else!
~~

Awww.....
<He’s just as lonely inside as I am,> Lois realized.
~~

More awwww.....
“When I told you that every part of me knows the difference between you and the other Lois, I was dead serious. I feel this sense of familiarity with you that I never felt with her.
~~

I love how you make little references to Smallville.
“His name was Shelby,”
~~

I'm not sure the humane society would think it's okay to leave a dog alone. Some of 'em get pretty darn upset when a dog is left mostly outside, let alone left by itself. We've got a county in our area pushing for legislation that would make illegal for a dog to be outside for more than two hours.
We can get a dog, if we come out here a couple of times per week. We’ll – or actually you’ll - put a doggie door in the back of the house, leave him lots of fresh water and dry food, and he’ll have the whole farm to run around in.”
~~

Amen to this.
‘Beware of people that don’t like animals, Lois – there’s got to be something wrong with them inside if they can’t warm up to an innocent animal’.
~~

Ahh... Just like Shelby. I was almost hoping there was some way this was *Clark's* Shelby. I was hoping maybe HG Wells had rescued him.

The dog in the yard was a golden retriever.
~~

Ahhh, we do love our LatRab...er RabLat... oh, yeah, LabRat, don't we.... (I believe Ann explained my 'little' joke.)
That was fun! C’mon, LabRat,”
~~

Well, ummm.... some Superman canon actually says that he does, but I don't know that that was ever mentioned in LnC
“I have excellent night vision, but it’s not exactly infra-red,”
~~

Ahhh.... So sweet!

~~

Ann, I have the best of both worlds...
Even so... yes, I, too, would sometimes like to go where civilisation just peters out. Especially at night, so I would be able to admire the fantastic starry skies far away from the city lights.
I can walk outside my door and look at the wonderful, starry sky. I can drive ten minutes and be in a city of 50,000 people. (I guess most people would still think that's small. Those silly people on Smallville seem to think so, but that's not really what I call a small town - a small city, maybe, but not a small town.)
~~

Well, it's good for everybody to have a dog. It has been proved that dog owners live longer than others
When my dad died, if it hadn't been for a beloved Keeshond, Smoke (now dead, too), I believe my mom would have also died. (A Keeshond is rare breed of dog for those of you who don't know.)

After my dad died, my mom was so lonely (and she's older, too) that we moved back in together. We now have what I teasingly call the 'evil poodle', and two cats. I'm thinking of getting another cat, because one is very solitary, and the other very much wants the solitary one to play. When I get another one, I know what the name will be: Meowoof. wink

I hate to be dumb, but I'll ask. What's MMM mean?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Nancy, one of my best friends has a Keeshond! He's a very nice dog. In some respects he is a little cat-like! His ears are cat-like, I think, and he is slightly more reserved than dogs usually are. (Which is a relatively good thing, because dogs can be a little irritating when they are just over-friendly and simply won't leave you alone.)

And I should have said what Nancy said, Chris. Your Clark is just wonderful! sloppy

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I know I'm being terrible in leaving FDK, but I want to let you know I'm reading this story since the beginning. I don't care for past life stuff, but I'm liking all the more about this alt-world. drool

I laughed out at the dog's name. LabRat. razz

“You know what, Clark? Is it possible for you to sleep in the same bed with me and not – you know – do anything?
Not sure if that is possible. [Linked Image]

I'm looking forward for their "cuddling". I've got a feeling they aren't going to be able to stop there. blush

Andreia wink

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hah! Andreia, that wickedly smiling smiley gleefully rubbing its hands together looking forward to the 'cuddling' part of this story was just priceless! rotflol (I loved your comment, too: Not sure if that is possible. Too funny! rotflol )

And that little puppy dog sitting on the keyboard of a computer is so adorably, heartbreakingly sweet. Where is my 'needs to hug puppy' icon?

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, I never dreamed adding a dog to the story would generate so much positive feedback. And those cute emoticons! You guys are great!

Of course, I should have known you'd all be animal lovers like me...you'll all great, nice people.

And that "quote" of Sam Lane...well I credit that to *my* father...he's the one that used to tell me that and through the years, when someone tells me they can't stand animal fur in their house, or they don't understand how I can let my dogs sleep in bed with me...well I feel sorry for them. They're missing so much!

(and their hearts must be as cold as ice!)

I'm thinking that the regulations for farm animals must be different...but don't worry everyone...LabRat is not destined to be alone...wait until Wed/Thursday and you'll see what I mean.

Chris

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aww sweet part! LOL at LabRat!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for all of the feedback, everyone. Part 17 is up - warning, it has a few darker parts to it...

Chris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard