Next Thread
Print Thread
#33064 09/29/06 08:33 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interest start. thumbsup

Lois was paralyzed. She stared helplessly at the dark blue sky, but she couldn’t see anything but a few blinking stars. She shivered with fear and shock until darkness surrounded her comfortingly. She didn’t hear anything, didn’t feel anything and stopped thinking anything.
I'm on the edge. wink

Don't like story with Luthor or the weddings but let see this miracle.

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm reading too (did a speed read earlier), just pressed for time and no time to give any *decent* fdk.

When I have time to give it a proper read through, I will come back and give you some proper fdk. laugh

Just wanted you to know you have readers. wink

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So I came to site and saw feedback for 'SevenSeconds'. Seven Seconds, Seven Seconds, Nancy.... Hmmmm.... That sounds very familiar. Oh, yeah, DUH! You did the beta. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. I hadn't expected to see the story posted so soon.

~~~

Yes, Barbara, this is so much a better story! This story is emotional and heart wrenching, and I encourage everyone to give it a try! Yes, I still recognize parts of the original story. And thank you for the mention.

I have to thank my beta-reader Nancy, who destroyed my hope to use my idea in a story. In fact, she has really made this much better. At least I think so. When she reads through this, I guess not even she will recognize my first idea, but it is there nontheless.
~~

Oh, it definitely has A plot....

But I will stop talking nonsense and go on with Seven Seconds Part one. This is for all of you, who enjoy relationship stuff more than A-plots. Though I wouldn't say that this is without any A-plot.
~~

Oh, my gosh! Even though I've read this at least three times, I still found myself biting my fingernails during the first part!!
~~

Awww.... Poor Clark
Would he be stuck in the Superman suit until he died? The mere thought disgusted him.
~~

Oh, this just holds so much emotion!
After the growl it became a howl, escaping from the depth of his being.
~~

<Giggles...>
Mrs. Superman. It sounded strange. She whispered the name, but that didn’t make it any better. It wasn’t his real name, anyway. So she might keep her name then. What would she call him? Superman? Honey? Darling?
~~

I think you very well expressed both Clark's and Lois' emotions.
~~

Do you have any idea how incredibly sexy these quotes are? I see nfic in your future!

His tongue brushed over her lips for a moment but withdrew again and left her longing for more. She invited him in. Clark followed her into her apartment and suddenly had a red rose in his hands.
His tongue slid against her lips, and she opened her mouth. She welcomed his flickering tongue with her own and felt him caressing hers softly. He stroked her back and her arms with his hands and…
~~

I just love this line. Isn't it beautiful?

“For you, darling. But I have to say, this night, that your beauty makes the rose pale in comparison,” he said softly.
~~

Oh, Barbara your writing has so improved over your first two posted stories. I just wanted to be sure you knew that!!

laugh clap laugh clap

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm intersting. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This story is inspired by one of my favorite songs: "Don't do me any favours" - by the Norwegian Group a-ha. I don't really know if they are well-known on the other side of the Atlantic.
Yes of course they are. At least they were pretty popular here when I was in high-school. Taaaaaaaake on meeeeeee.... la la la la la. hehehe! Loved them!

ok... actual real fdk now. wink

Was he already flying away with Clark?
hehehe - no, Lois, trying flying away 'as' Clark instead. LOL

She had accepted Luthor’s proposal. Lois had said yes! This was the worst nightmare he could ever think of.
aaaww! Poor Clark!
Lois really can be galactically stupid, can't she?

It was plain and simple as that, but his ego refused to accept it, always musing that he was only Clark with a suit as a disguise. It didn’t matter who of the two Lois loved, since they were one and the same person.
I totally agree there. Too bad he didn't think of that before... They've lost a lot of time because he wanted her to love him for Clark. Duh...

Would Lois still want Superman, when she knew that he was in fact Clark?
and again... duh. wink

Hehe! I'm loving how you've written this - how Clark sees things. Excellent!! smile

Was he getting psychotic? He thought about himself as if he was two persons.
well... Clark? That's cause you act like 2 different people, you know!

I wonder if other superheroes with dual identities have the same problem? mmmm....

He had tried to save her as Clark, but that average guy couldn’t save people so easily.
Yes he can!!!! Not the same way, but he can save people. He does it every day by uncovering the truth about criminals and writing about it in the Planet. That *does* save people. Oh, Clark, you shouldn't put yourself down like that!!

Barbara, this is excellent!! I cannot wait to read the next part! smile clap

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I really love this, Barbara! I'm sorry I have so little time for feedback, but I will say a few things, at least.

Okay, first of all, the prologue scared me! I was thinking that Clark can't be hurt, and if Lex has pushed him it won't matter, but... but Lex has Kryptonite, doesn't he?

I just love this:

Hours ago she had rejected him, and that still hurt like hell. He had had his revenge, though, Clark thought bitterly. He had lied to her about his feelings towards her, when he met her as Superman. His reaction seemed so childish now, so unreasonable and so totally unasked for. Why had he done that? He should have been better than this. He should have been wiser than this.
And I love this even more:

Hours ago she had rejected him, and that still hurt like hell. He had had his revenge, though, Clark thought bitterly. He had lied to her about his feelings towards her, when he met her as Superman. His reaction seemed so childish now, so unreasonable and so totally unasked for. Why had he done that? He should have been better than this. He should have been wiser than this.
Yes, you should!!!!

It didn’t matter who of the two Lois loved, since they were one and the same person.
Yes, they are!!!! You are!!!!

That was the reasonable side of him, but his ego had another opinion.
Yes, that's too, too true.... :rolleyes:

He should love and cherish her, like she deserved it, regardless if it was Superman or Clark she paid more attention to. In fact he had assigned all his love and affection to his Clark persona, totally ignoring that Superman *had* to feel the same. And he had expected that Lois would see through his mist of deceit and make the favoured decision.
Hear, hear!

He couldn’t remain silent about his identity, anymore. Lois had to learn his secret sooner rather than later.
Yes, Clark! Yes, yes, yes!!! razz

What about clothes? What is Superman without his Superman suit? Is it the suit that is Superman?

He had often said to himself that without the suit, he was just Clark. But sometimes it would *have* to come off - some activities just couldn't be accomplished with it on. And what would happen when he *had* to take the suit off? Would he revert to 'just Clark' again. Would he never be able to wear regular clothing again? Would he be stuck in the Superman suit until he died? The mere thought disgusted him.
Poor Clark! mecry

Lois had asked Clark if Superman’s outfit came off. Well, it did come off, but the man underneath it wasn’t Superman anymore then. He shook his head. This was so ridiculous; of course he remained Superman when not wearing the suit. Getting rid of the hero wasn’t as simple as taking his clothing off.
No, of course not. But still....

Otherwise Lex Luthor would have found a way to strip his enemy. A brief smile flashed across his face at the thought, but it vanished almost immediately.
This was really funny somehow!

Clark was so darn good at seeing the mistakes of the people around him, but he was awfully blind concerning his own.
Yes, that's true, but the simple fact that Clark admits this to himself means that he has become better than most people at acknowledging his own shortcomings.

Lois glanced at her ring. The diamond was sparkling brightly, and filled her apartment with a strangely cold light. It didn’t reach her heart.
No, Lois. Of course not.

Would a ring from Superman look just as impersonal? Did she really want to marry Lex? What would it be like to be Mrs. Superman instead?
Oh, Lois. How blind you are right now.

Mrs. Superman. It sounded strange. She whispered the name, but that didn’t make it any better. It wasn’t his real name, anyway. So she might keep her name then. What would she call him? Superman? Honey? Darling?
Well, that's just it, Lois. You can't be Mrs. Superman. It just doesn't work. Even though Clark is busy right now thinking of a way to make it possible for you.

Could she call Superman, Honey? The thought was somehow ridiculous. But it didn’t matter, anyway. They weren’t going to have a future. He had told her so. Thinking about it, she really didn’t know him too well. Where did he sleep, for example? Did he actually need sleep?
You are beginning to understand, Lois. Superman does not have a private life, even though his secret identity may well have one.

*Forget Superman,* she told herself. He had practically accused her of being dishonest concerning her feelings for him. How could he think that? Maybe Superman wasn’t that perfect after all. But she still felt the longing in her heart. Lex might be the second best choice, but if the first choice wasn’t available, Lex would be best for her.
Why would he be best? Damn it, Lois, you are about to marry the man and you haven't even tried to explain to yourself why you are doing it.

Lois sighed. She felt that her friendship with Clark was breaking apart, and she didn’t even know the reason. That depressed her more than anything.
There was no argument she could blame for this. He just couldn’t accept that she was going to marry Lex. He hated him but had told Lois no good reasons why. She still heard him growling, ‘Get into bed with the devil.’
Maybe it was jealousy. Clark had claimed to be in love with her, but he might be jealous of the rich man he had to compete with. But there weren’t any competitions, Lois thought sadly. She liked Clark as a friend, but she didn’t love him. She had tried to break it to him gently. Why had he refused to accept this? He kept being mean instead, accusing her of being shallow.
Oh, Lois! You really are so blind. But I agree with you that Clark should have given you a reason for his claim that Lex Luthor is a devil. Clark didn't make it possible for you to think that you were listening to reason when you heard his objections.

‘Get in bed with the devil’. He could just as well have said that she was a prostitute.
Well, Lois, as painful as that was, maybe you should have given that thought a little further consideration. Aren't you actually selling yourself to a man you don't know if you can trust? A man you don't love? And aren't you actually selling yourself to him because of his great riches?

Why on earth couldn’t Clark accept that Lex would make her happy?
Why do you so blindly insist that Lex will make you happy, Lois?

Why did he begrudge her this life? Jealousy couldn’t be the whole reason, could it? Maybe she should ask Lex if Clark was refusing to tell her something.
NOOOOO!!!!!!! She is considering asking Lex to investigate Clark, to ask him to find out if Clark is hiding something from her!!! Lois, right now I want to kick you!!! devilsplat

And I'm not going to quote Lois's dream, but it was sweet and sweetly erotic. Oh, Lois. Please admit to yourself that it is Clark you love!!!

Great story, Barbara!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Right now I'm sitting here, forgetting to breathe when I'm reading this feedback. Don't do this to me wink ! You're going to need me a little more so I can go on with the story.

I hope you're going to like Part 2 evil

It's never too dark to be cool. cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard