#33050 09/29/06 08:10 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Somehow forgot this yesterday...
(e-mail notifs rock! hehe!)

Part 6 is here

blush

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
come on... frown there had to be at least one part of the story that was a little more a-plot intensive.

I'll send you brownies if you can pick out my silly little inside joke... LOL!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, my gosh! I totally missed it. I'm off to read it now. Well, no, actually, I'll read it as soon as I finish watching Dr. Who. Hahaha....

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I'm back. Nice part, but I missed Clark!!

Awww.... Poor Lois....
When Jimmy came in the newsroom, several hours later, he found Lois sitting on the floor in a corner of the conference room. She had her arms crossed over both knees and her forehead resting on her arms. Something must have really upset her, he thought, because there was an empty box of Kleenex on a nearby chair and several used tissues littered on the floor.
~~

Well, yeah, the guy I love just left, Jimmy....
He kneeled next to her. "Lois," he said, concerned, "is something wrong?"
~~

Got a little crush on that girl, Jimmy?
He'd better not find out that some jerk had hurt her, because he'd hunt him down and... well, something like that.
~~

Enquired should be inquired.
~~

<giggles>
Lois *Lame*.
~~

I noticed this type of thing several times.
I... huh...."
The better 'word' is uh. Huh means what - as in "What?" 'Uh' signifies a speech pause.
~~

Well, this oughta prove to everyone right away that Supes is innocent.
Suddenly, an enormous black cloud formed over the city. By the time people started noticing its presence, it was already raining over downtown Metropolis. It wasn't just a pleasant little spring shower, either; this was a downpour of cataclysmic proportions.
~~

Not true, oh, dear Flash. Superman is faster than you, and they said so in the comics. So there!
"I wish you'd quit trying to think faster than I do, it's the only race you'll never win..."
~~

When you mention these other characters, please explain them. As far as I knew the Flash was with some STAR Labs scientist named Tina. (That was on the TV show.) I barely knew who Iris was.

Who's Mardon?
Besides, I can fax her my notes on Mardon,
I think this is Aquaman? (But only 'cause I remember him on Smallville.) I remember watching the Aquaman cartoon as a child, but I never followed the comics.

See if you can't get A.C. as
And as for the Flash: This is the only indication that we get as to who you are talking about. (I picked it up, but those totally unfamiliar with the Flash probably wouldn't have.

"Ok, well I'll be in Metropolis in a flash,"
~~

More soon please. And I want my Clark!!

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well...mmmm... this is A-plot heavy.... But I just want you to know, Lara, that I am reading, and I am enjoying myself, though far, far more when I'm in the company of good guys (and Lois!!!!) than when I find myself suffocatingly surrounded by villains (well, figuratively speaking, of course wink ). Well, I'm never too happy to spend a lot of time with villains.

But hey, Lois is about to start figureing things out! She is on to Live Wire. Great! And, since I'm such a fan of LnC's Perry (dear Lane Smith, I'm so sorry he's dead!) I really enjoyed seeing that he had figured out that Clark is Superman.

I think, after all, that my favorite part of this story was the inclusion of the Flash. The key word for me was "Iris". Do you know that Barry Allen, the original Flash, was the first of DC's heroes to get married? And his wife was named Iris, Iris Allen. But can you believe that he hadn't told her that he was the Flash? I remember a story from the late sixties or very early seventies where Barry was seen sneaking out of his conjugal bed at night, careful not to wake Iris, because he needed to go out and be the Flash!

Ah, well. Guess what happened to Barry Allen, though? They killed him. DC Comics killed him. He was the first of DC's long-time, established heroes to be killed. I felt convinced that DC killed him because he was married, because they felt that the fanboys who bought the comics didn't like a married hero. Do I need to tell you that I hated that they killed him? It was even more depressing to think that they killed him because he was married, because he had acknowledged his love for just one woman.

Anyway, Lara, I'm really so, so glad to see Barry Allen here!!!! hyper

I have, however, no idea who A.C. would be. Surely it can't be any of DC's traditional heroes? Who would that be? Green Lantern? The Atom? Wonder Woman? The Martian Manhunter? Aquaman? Green Arrow? Black Canary? I really have no idea. Looking forward to being enlightened by you, Lara! hyper

Ann

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks guys! (girls..!!)

I was "kinda" (read very..) depressed last night - what with all the things that have been going on this week that are just plain no fun - and I had just about convinced myself I'd scared off all my readers with this crazy A-plot. frown

Did noone catch my lil joke? Am I going to be stuck with all the brownies I made? LOL! wink

~~~~~~~~

Hey Nancy! Thanks for enlightening me about the use of certain words. It's *always* appreciated!

...I miss Clark, too, btw. wink He'll be back real soon.

Not true, oh, dear Flash. Superman is faster than you, and they said so in the comics. So there!
hehehe - well at that point in "my" timeline, that race hasn't happened, so I just figured they don't know.

Also... I did it on purpose not to mention people's names. Maybe that was totally wrong? I figured people who knew them would figure it out - people who don't will find out all about them in the next part. I like being surprised, wondering things are going when I read stories, trying to figure things out while I'm reading it. I guess I tend to do it while I'm writing too...

I will post a complete list of all my supporting characters. And a list of all the silly little puns and inside jokes that I've added all through the story. wink Some of them are so lame, it's no wonder they go unnoticed. Well, that or they're too obscure, which is quite possible, too.

~~~~~~~~

Ann! I knew since you seem to read comics a lot that you'd pick up on some of these things. smile

Do you know that Barry Allen, the original Flash, was the first of DC's heroes to get married? And his wife was named Iris, Iris Allen. But can you believe that he hadn't told her that he was the Flash?
I love Flash. Hehehe! And while normally, I think I'm wrong using Barry Allen (instead of Wally West, probably - although to me the "real" Flash will always be Barry!) I needed to have him for a couple reasons, including the fact that it made it possible for me to use Iris. wink

The thing I liked about Iris is that she's a reporter (!) and she figured out a long time ago that Barry is Flash - way before he ever had the nerve to tell her. I liked that contrast cause Lois... well... it takes her forever to figure it out. wink

Sorry Lois, I know you'll be peeved when you figure out Iris knows about Clark, too... (I'm kinda expecting her to come right out of the page and slap me!)

AC is Aquaman, yep. smile Could come in handy if the city is flooded, right?

Aaaaahhhh... going to steal a bit of the punch here, but Superman and Flash and Aquaman -- bring them together and you've got some of the building blocks of a little thing called Justice League. (which you might also have seen in a TV cartoon that used to be called.... "Super Friends" - hence "I'm going to need all the super friends I can get" laugh )

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I felt convinced that DC killed him because he was married, because they felt that the fanboys who bought the comics didn't like a married hero. Do I need to tell you that I hated that they killed him? It was even more depressing to think that they killed him because he was married, because he had acknowledged his love for just one woman.
Haha, Ann! Maybe they figured out they were wrong when their sales skyrocketed (female readers) when Clark married Lois.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Lara! Now that I'm almost finished with Supermen United, I fully intend to go back and read this story and give you fdk...

From what I've read so far, it's delightful!

***EDITED***

Okay, I'm back. I had been spottily reading all along but I finished up and I must say...

Wow! Neat idea. I have to admit that I'm not a comic book fan like Ann, so I don't know much about the villains and other super-heros that you've written about (just a teensy weensy little bit). And the Metallo thing was confusing to me because I'm used to the Metallo in Season 2 of Lois & Clark - Lucy's boyfriend Johnny.

But putting aside the things I'm "hazy" on. I am enjoying the story. Can't wait to see where you go with with Lara.

-- DJ angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, Lara! Great story! smile1

Andreia cool

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks guys! smile

I know I've taken "some" liberties with a few characters (like Metallo, who's the same guy here as that ep in S2 of L&C) it's just cause he happened to be in the Superman Revenge Squad (which I didn't invent) so I kinda wrote him in. Same as Toyman, who's in Season's Greedings (with the atomic rats, hehe!). I could have just paired up the Wizard and Livewire, but I didn't know how to do it otherwise - they're not likely to work together at all since the Wizard is actually based in Central City. So, since someone had paired them for me in the Justice Leage animated series.... I just ran with it. wink

Actually, I've messed up the timeline so badly that this ought to be a "forget everything you've seen on L&C *and* what you've seen about these people anywhere else anyway". LOL!

I figured die-hard fans would understand everything right away, but as far as I can tell there's usually enough information in the text for basically anyone to have a good enough idea who the people are. At least, that's what my beta-reader tells me - she doesn't recall every single ep of L&C like we do (*lol*) and the last Superman comic she's read was when she translated them for the newspaper, back in the 60's.

The whole thing with Flash will be a whole lot clearer starting next part, I promise. smile I should have added it to part 6 I guess, though... I'll remember to cut off things in a way that doesn't make them too hazy next time. smile

Thanks again for the fdk, everyone! It was a real hard week and reading your comments cheered me up more than you know. smile

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This is cute, Lara, in a way that most L&C stories are not. (Before anybody flames me, that's just an observation!) The inclusion of LiveWare and the Weather Wizard is a very inventive idea, as well as bringing in the Flash and his wife. The only thing I ask of you (no, I beg of you!) is PLEASE don't bring in the monkey!

Actually, Jay Garrick was the original Flash from back in the 1940's. He ran around in a winged silver helmet, wore no mask, and vibrated his head so that no one could get a good look at or a clear picture of his features. Seems like that would have given him a serious headache, but that's how it was explained. He was a member of the Justice Society, along with a number of other DC heroes from the same time frame.

And I distinctly recall a race around the entire world between Superman and Flash (back around 1965 or so) where two sets of gamblers had bet heavily on each hero, so the heroes decided to make the race a dead heat. That way all the prize money was split between all the various charities they were sponsoring, and the gangsters got nothing.

Of course, that didn't settle the question of which one was faster.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Lara, I am sorry FDK on this part has taken so long. Life has just run away with me in the last several days.

(Jimmy) had no idea how to be around this version of Lois Lane who looked so depressed and defeated. He'd better not find out that some jerk had hurt her, because he'd hunt him down and... well, something like that.
You write such a sweet Jimmy!

And being that the man was so good and straight and... *weak*, then for sure he must be gone by now!
The fact that she thinks that good and straight equals weak is *her* weakness.

Especially *her*... Lois *Lame*
LOL

(Lois) was his little pet, wasn't she? Of course she was. He *liked* her! Ah! She was so ridiculous, so vain! Livewire smiled at the thought of Lois being left heartbroken.
Is someone maybe the teensiest bit jealous?

"Lois... darlin', you know you can't fool me that easy," Perry told her in his best fatherly tone. "Anyone else, perhaps... but this ol' hound dog ain't as gullible as the rest of the pack."
That is so Perry!

Hmm, super friends. I know nothing about any other superhero characters (I am a one superhero kind of girl smile ) but this sounds like it could be interesting!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, Terry, there was a later race between the Flash and Superman and Superman won.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
The only thing I ask of you (no, I beg of you!) is PLEASE don't bring in the monkey!
No, no animals. And sadly, no kitchen sink either. Maybe one day, but not now...

Terry - thanks *so much* for all the info about Flash. I knew some of that, but not all. The only Flash I've ever known is Barry Allen...

You write such a sweet Jimmy!
awww! thank you!! smile

Hmm, super friends. I know nothing about any other superhero characters (I am a one superhero kind of girl [Smile] ) but this sounds like it could be interesting!
This is a lil inside joke. wink Super Friends was a TV show, in the 70's. By Hanna-Barbera (I think they had Casey Kasem doing one of the voices in that *lol*). It was pretty much "Justice League" cause they had all the members, but I dunno, they couldn't use the name or something I guess... ? You can count on me mentioning a league of some kind in part 8. I could not resist. smile

Oh, Lisa, I love your "one superhero kind of girl" comment! It's just adorable! smile

Thanks for the fdk, everyone! sloppy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard