OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. grumble

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#32989 09/27/06 03:02 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahh... But Caitlyn's attitude comes about because she almost lost the love of her life. True, she isn't the love of Clark's life, but he is the love of her life.

I never liked Ching, and my story will reflect that!

Nah, Clark isn't going to be happy!
Claire, the Purple Pixie and Chloe, the Blue Fairy.
I'm going to put a bit in, too, about Clark asking them if they thought how ridiculous those names might be when they become adults...

Thanks, Maria!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#32990 09/27/06 03:07 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I love this part, Nancy, but I have no time to comment now!

Ann

#32991 09/27/06 04:29 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! I'm so glad you posted a new part to the story. smile

Finally, we get a wedding....
'bout time! wink

<Well, if I'm *Lord* Zar-El, then you must be *Lord* Jonathan Samuel Clark-El, so there!>
rotflol OMG, I laughed so much! Absolutely hilarious!!!!

She wasn't sure, but she knew he had to be the sexiest man in the entire world - no the universe.
Oh, hell yeah! Especially if he's wearing black. That man wears black SO well. Ahhhhh!!!!!!!

No, of course not. It's just an expression. What? Are you from Mars?"
hehehe! Love it!! Wonderful little comment.

At their puzzled looks, she said, "I'm Lois Lane Kent.[...]
GASP! That was Lois? Red hair? a disguise?

She looked up at Lois and said, "I think I know who you are."

Lois knelt next to her and said, "So you think you know who I am? Let's keep that our secret. Okay?"

"Okay, Mother."
awwwwwwwww!!! Poor lil sweetie, this must be the first time she's ever seen her mom - isn't it? awww, I'm going to cry... frown

Clark thought to himself, 'Oh, boy. They are in for a shock if they try to communicate with a whale or a dolphin.' He just nodded.
No kidding! Nice that you put this in, makes him sound smart - very cool!

"Who.. who.. is this?"

"Friend."
Friend... that's the standard Kent answer, isn't it? LOL!

"I'm Lara." Then excitedly she added, "And I just turned four!"
awww, I just totally love her! Makes me want to run over and give her a great big hug. smile

"Because I'd like to examine them. Do you know how much we can learn from non-solarized Kryptonians? I think the information could be valuable beyond words. Will you talk to them?"
mmmm... Caitlyn? This is NOT the right time to be a scientist.... blah!

It didn't take long before Claire, the Purple Pixie and the Chloe, the Blue Fairy found him.
ooooh! is that going to be their names? I'm starting to see some real cool images of them in my head. 'course I need to boot my computer (ie: the beast!) and finish the first 2 images I started, but.... pixies and fairies... oooooh! my fav thing to render!!! ...ok, ok, calming down now. :p

Excellent chapter! I can't wait for the next one. I'm having so much fun reading this, it's a great story!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#32992 09/27/06 05:08 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks TOC and Lara.

I take it there were no Highlander fans reading the story. I made Cat's ex 'Kergan' (don't know if I got the spelling right) because he was a bad guy on Highlander. Tracy Scoggins also played one of the oldest immortals around on Highlander. (She was about 5000 years old.)

Lois wore a red wig in one of the episodes from the 4th season. I believe it was 'The People Vs. Lois Lane' or 'Dead Lois Walking'. Here she is:

[Linked Image]

Yes, Caitlyn's excited, but she isn't going to drag them off to the lab before the reception is over...

Lara, I'm glad you liked the line about *Lord* Jonathan Samuel Clark-El. I liked it, too.

Lara, if you want, I'll send you some more of my silly artwork of the Purple Pixie and the Blue Fairy. They are great, but....

#32993 09/28/06 01:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I made Cat's ex 'Kergan' (don't know if I got the spelling right) because he was a bad guy on Highlander. Tracy Scoggins also played one of the oldest immortals around on Highlander. (She was about 5000 years old.)
That's the series you're talking about, right? Not the movies? I liked the movies, but the series I dunno... couldn't get used to the guy playing MacLeod. (anyway....)

Lois wore a red wig in one of the episodes from the 4th season. I believe it was 'The People Vs. Lois Lane' or 'Dead Lois Walking'.
Ah! Thanks for the info - can't wait to see season 4!! smile

Lara, if you want, I'll send you some more of my silly artwork of the Purple Pixie and the Blue Fairy. They are great, but....
Sure, I'd love to see 'em. smile I'll find some time this week-end to finish the 2 guys and then I'll check out what I can do with the girls. Hey, I could do a family pic.... oooooh!!! Yeah, that would be neat! smile ...ok... relaxing now.... LOL!

#32994 09/28/06 06:32 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, it's high time I try to write some FDK on this part, isn't it?

Jon, Zared, and the other two young men all re-appeared in the office at the same time. Zared's face registered shock. Jon was smiling and had tears running down his face. The other two young men dropped to their knees then prostrated themselves in front Clark.
How extremely different the four young men's reactions and behaviour are. I just love the fact that Jon is smiling through his tears. That is undoubtedly his love for his brother that is reasserting itself stronger than ever before, now that he has held Zared as a baby in his arms. But imagine that those two young men, Zared's full brothers, are prostrating themselves in front of Clark. I understand the do it because they were raised that way by their Kryptonian society, but... well, the Kryptonian society doesn't look too good to me, judged by these two young men's almost shockingly self-effacing behaviour.

The oldest, K'al-El was prostrated on Clark's left. His name meant that he was named after his father - similar to calling a child the 'Second' or 'Junior'. Clark was amused as the second twin, Los-El, sneaked a quick peek at his father. His name meant 'A gift', but as Zara had explained this name was also meant to honor Lois. He thought back to Trey's explanation of these children.
But look! The younger son, Los-El, named after Lois, is the slightly "wilder" and more unruly of the two brothers. How appropriate that "Lois" would break a few more rules than "Kal"! He sneaked a quick peek at his father - can you imagine the mischief! goofy

Only one other person on Earth had ever known about the twins. And when Lois had found out, she had been very upset and sad. She had been very dismayed that Clark would never see these children or get to be a father to them. He wondered what Lois would think now. His eyes widened, and he swallowed hard.
I love Lois's reaction. She was not upset that Clark had three sons by another woman, but she was upset that Clark would not get to be a father to two of them. I love that Clark is thinking about Lois in a way that shows he misses her, too.

Jon and Zared both cleared their throats and nodded towards their brothers who had remained politely silent. Clark had an idea that in Kryptonian society, they'd stay in their bowed positions forever if he didn't speak.
How horrible for these two young men to be so subdued and self-effacing. Though I guess that if they came across someone on Krypton who held a lower station in life than them, their behaviour would be quite different.

He turned his hands palms up and said in Kryptonian, "~Brothers in bonds, I greet thee thrice.~" He smiled. "~Now please, Lords El, arise.~" The did so, but they kept their heads bowed. "~You can look at me.~"
Good thing Clark is kind to his sons and encourages them, though he has to start out being "Kryptonian" with them.

They looked up at him with emotion filled faces. "~Father,~" they said together.
This is really moving. Poor boys.

Clark smiled. "~Do you speak~ English?"

K'al answered in very broken English. "The... small time." Then he smiled.
This sounds like very, very, very broken English to me. I wouldn't expect to be able to carry on any sort of conversation with K'al in English.

Most of the people here do not know who I am, so please don't refer to me as Kal-El or Lord Kal-El. Call me Clark instead. And call Lord Zar-El Zared.~"

Jon looked at Zared and snickered. <Lord Zar-El! I've never heard Dad say that before.>

Zared looked back at him, and answered, <Well, if I'm *Lord* Zar-El, then you must be *Lord* Jonathan Samuel Clark-El, so there!>
So funny!
He walked with K'al-El and Los-El and sat them down in a couple of empty chairs. He put his hands on both of their shoulders in an assuring gesture.
I totally love this little paragraph. I've said it before and I'll say it again, your Clark is such a wonderful, loving, caring, natural father.

Then he walked to the room Jenni was waiting in. He knocked then entered the room. She was on the verge of tears. He smiled at her. "Jenni, your groom awaits. And it's only 45 minutes late."
Much better than expected, eh? wink (But poor Jenni, I feel sorry for her. Well, Zared is back now!)

A petite lady with long red hair sat down next to the twins.
This had me totally, totally confused. But you resolved it later, so don't change anything!

"Well, this seat looks available. Is it okay if I sit here?" They both stared at her but didn't answer. They seemed quite perplexed that she had sat beside them. Finally, Los-El nodded yes. She grinned. "What's wrong, cat got your tongue?"
I love it!!! This is Lois to a T!

Los looked at K'al and thought, <~Cat?~>

K'al looked back at him and thought, <~What's a cat?~>
But oh, the poor boys don't know what a cat is....

Meowoof decided to instruct these young men on the virtues of catitude as she jumped up between them.
The virtues of catitude.... goofy And hey, I love it that Lois understands who they are.

"Hmmpphh.... Yeah, that's who you are." At their puzzled looks, she said, "I'm Lois Lane Kent. Glad to make your acquaintance, but I never thought you'd be on Earth. Oh... guess I shouldn't have told you who I am. I'm just here for the wedding then I've got to go back to my own time - the past. Don't mention me, please? Well, you can tell Clark, but no one else."
Oh, I love her adorable frankness, particularly when she is so nice, too. Thank you for not making Lois mean, Nancy... but then, I guess that after she has been married to Clark for many years and has had several children by him, she really wouldn't be mean anymore.

K'al-El looked at his brother and asked, <~Did you understand what she said?~>

<~Some of it. I understood that she knows who we are, and she is evidently the one Father married.~>

K'al-El nodded his agreement.
And the brothers solemnly comment on the woman they just met.

Jenni was a beautiful bride. She was wearing her grandmother's wedding dress.
I'm glad she looks beautiful - a girl deserves to feel pretty on her wedding day - and she can't look too pregnant, if she still fits into her grandmother's wedding dress. (Unless Granny was expecting, too...? goofy )

She began walking towards the altar with her father, Danny. Zared turned and looked at her, and the love that shone in her eyes made any anger that Jenni was feeling flee.
Beautiful, but there's a small typo here - the love that shone in *his* eyes.

When she reached his side, he smiled at her and whispered, "It was worth the wait. You are stunningly beautiful. I love you."
I love it! hyper

As Clark was helping K'al and Los get food and explaining what the different items were, Lara ran to him and practically jumped in his arms. He quickly set her on the floor. He squatted down and spoke to her. "Daddy can't hold you right now. Remember?"

"I 'member now. Sorry."
Clark is so sweet....

Then she leaned close and whispered, "I saw my mother."

He smiled. "Yes, I saw you with her, but you mustn't tell anyone. It's our secret. Okay?"

"'kay. 'Cause she died," she said with a child's simplicity. "Right?"

Clark nodded. "Yes."
I love that, 'with a child's simplicity'.

"When did she die? I don't ever 'member seeing anything but pictures or videos before."

Clark took a deep breath and bit his lip. She would have to pick now to ask this question. 'Okay', he reminded himself. 'She probably will be quite content with a simple answer.' He smiled. "Umm... You were just a little baby."

She nodded with wide eyes. "Oh. Okay."
How horrible it's going to be for her to learn the full truth one day. But Clark has not lied to her.

Then she looked up at the two tall young men standing behind her Daddy. "Who're they?"

"That's a long story, baby girl. I'll tell you later, okay?"

"'Kay." She looked up at them and smiled and held out her hand. "I'm Lara." Then excitedly she added, "And I just turned four!"

Clark thought to both of his sons. <~You need to shake her hand and tell her your names and that you are glad to meet her. Only the first part of your name - not the 'El' and speak in English, please.~>

Los bent down to her. "My name.. is.. Los. I be pleased.. to meet.. you." Then he smiled.
I love it!!!

Kal then squatted down. He was a tad bit more hesitant with his English. "Me.. be.. K'al. Meet you... is.. good."

Lara smiled at both of them and didn't even seem to notice their odd English. She took off.
I can't help it, I love that K'al is worse at speaking English than Los. I think you've made these two boys very similar, but subtly, adorably different, too.

K'al-El hung his head, <~Father, I shame you. Please forgive me. Los-El has always had more interest in this language than I. Forgive me.~>

Clark smiled, <~K'al, it isn't an easy language. It's not as hard as Kryptonian, but it still isn't easy.
Not as hard as Kryptonian, but still not an easy language... hilarious!

And you have *not* shamed me!~>

K'al suddenly grabbed his Father in a hug. <~Thank you, father. Ching would have been furious.~>

Los-El hung his head at the mention of Ching. Clark was troubled by all this but said nothing at the time. They would have to have a long talk after the reception.
You don't like Ching, eh, Nancy? I think you made me feel that....

Los smiled lightly then and said softly, "Who.. was that girl? And her name... Lara...."

Clark raised his eyebrows, realizing that they had no idea who she was. He spoke in English and thought in Kryptonian (no small feat), <"That was my youngest daughter Lara. And yes, she is named after... my...um.. Lara.">

They both nodded and K'al said, <~We would not have thought that possible. Hmmm....~>
What? It should not have been possible for Clark to name his youngest daughter after his mother?

After the reception, Zared and Jenni decided to go to quiet little pizza place to talk. Jenni was pretty full, but Zared was always up for pizza. It seemed an odd thing to do - go out to eat after their late evening reception, but considering the circumstances, that's what they had decided to do.

They happily stared at each other. Both of them kept playing with their wedding rings. It was obvious to anyone that saw them that they were deeply in love.
So sweet, so beautiful.

She sighed, "Wow, so you have two big brothers, and they even got to come to your wedding. And you mom... Gosh, I would never have imagined getting to meet her."

"Well, that's Lois Lane for you. She was an amazing woman. I wish you could have known her."

"Yeah, I do, too." She dropped her head and picked at her fingernails. "I tried to contact my mom. I guess she couldn't be bothered to even acknowledge my phone calls." She angrily wiped her tears away.

He took her hands, "I'm sorry, honey. I'm so, so sorry."
Oh, how sad. Zared's very kind stepmother is dead, and he can't see his biological mother. And Jenni's mother refuses to see or talk to her daughter on her wedding day. mecry

Chloe and Claire both knew Trace and considered the sixteen-year-old a friend. It didn't take long before Claire, the Purple Pixie and the Chloe, the Blue Fairy found him. The first one he saw was the Purple Pixie who was dressed all in purple and had purple and pink hair. She had on a cape that was made of a purple translucent fabric. The second one he saw was dressed in a blue top with blue boots and had a little white skirt on. Her cape was red, and her hair was bright blue. They were the most beautiful creatures he had ever seen.
Wonderful! Adorable! Purple Pixie and Blue Fairy! And they are the most beautiful creatures that poor Trace has ever seen!

Not only did the Purple Pixie and the Blue Fairy rescue Trace away from his father, who was intent on making him a 'man', but they rescued six girls that had been forced into under age prostitution. The police showed up and this made the news in a big way.
Go, Pixie and Fairy! Go!!!

Just the break up of the underage prostitution ring was big news. But when The Purple Pixie and Blue Fairy flew away... Well, Chloe and Claire were going to try to do their best to hide from their father for as long as they could. They hadn't expected their 'little' rescue to turn into something so big. Yes, they were definitely going to have to try to hide from Clark Kent - if that was even possible.
Ah, but he's not going to be that mad at them, is he?

Great, lovely chapter, Nancy. I love it!

(And please... call me Ann. You did before. I miss it, you know? mecry )

Ann

#32995 09/28/06 11:13 AM
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Dear Classicalla,

Wow! what can i say? wave

SNL.

#32996 09/28/06 03:10 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you, SNL, for recommending my story to others! I appreciate that, and I'm glad that you are reading bits of it again!

And thanks for this:

This story is getting better and better!
I'm working on some rewrites, so there will be a lot of new stuff when it gets to the archive.
~~

Thanks for all your wonderful comments, Ann. The reason I haven't been calling you Ann is because Auntie Toccie and the 46 uplets have been on my mind. Haha!!

Specifically this from feedback I left on DJ's story:

DJ and Nancy have both made Auntie Toccie happy in the same week. What's the world coming to? Ack... 46 uplets are all sitting on her knee screaming for a good story and TOC is making everyone come across.....
~~

And yes, Maria inspired me to let Lois see her children - indeed to let her come to the wedding.
Thanks Maria.

~~

Yes, I'd have to agree especially since one of them will one day be the ruler of New Krypton!

I guess that if they came across someone on Krypton who held a lower station in life than them, their behaviour would be quite different.
~~

I like nice Lois much better than mean Lois!

Oh, I love her adorable frankness, particularly when she is so nice, too. Thank you for not making Lois mean, Nancy... but then, I guess that after she has been married to Clark for many years and has had several children by him, she really wouldn't be mean anymore.
~~

I'm glad she looks beautiful - a girl deserves to feel pretty on her wedding day - and she can't look too pregnant, if she still fits into her grandmother's wedding dress. (Unless Granny was expecting, too...
I just figured maybe Granny was a little bigger than Jenni, and then, too after major surgery, a person tends to lose weight, so I figured Jenny wouldn't really look pregnant yet to most folks.
~~

Thanks for the great compliment, Ann. You have made my day!!

Let me seize the opportunity to say that your stories are such a lot of fun, too. Amazing things happen in them, but people somehow take most of incredible occurences in their stride, as if these fantastic goings-on were to be expected. You have a comic book set of mind, Nancy, and I mean that as high praise
~~

As for Ellen... Since Lois considered Zared her child, then I'd think Ellen would also consider Zared's child to be her great grandchild - even if it wasn't biological.
~~

Lucy knew and Sam had found out, but for obvious reasons, Ellen had never known.
Because she was galactically stupid?
I figured it would be mostly because she was galactically rattled and just wouldn't remember the importance of keeping the secret. She has lost a bunch of brain cells because of her previous drinking.
~~

Well, maybe Clark could take his sons swimming with the dolphins... and maybe some whales.

Oh, Nancy, I'd love seeing K'al and Los communicating with a dolphin!
~~

K'al has been trained to be a ruler. Los would have more time for such things like learning English.

I can't help it, I love that K'al is worse at speaking English than Los. I think you've made these two boys very similar, but subtly, adorably different, too.
~~

Not as hard as Navajo, I hope! (Navajo is supposed to be about the hardest language around.)

Not as hard as Kryptonian, but still not an easy language... hilarious!
~~

Good!

You don't like Ching, eh, Nancy? I think you made me feel that....
~~

Los smiled lightly then and said softly, "Who.. was that girl? And her name... Lara...."

Clark raised his eyebrows, realizing that they had no idea who she was. He spoke in English and thought in Kryptonian (no small feat), <"That was my youngest daughter Lara. And yes, she is named after... my...um.. Lara.">

They both nodded and K'al said, <~We would not have thought that possible. Hmmm....~>
What? It should not have been possible for Clark to name his youngest daughter after his mother?
At this point, they didn't realize that Clark had any other children. Remember that Clark never actually told them who Jon was, and they wouldn't have 'heard' the conversation between Jon and Zared because Jon and Zared were speaking to each other. Oh, they could have intruded on the conversation, but that would have been rude...
~~

Did anybody notice my cute little sappy play on words:

..so they could trace Trace via the phone.
~~

Thanks again, everybody!!

#32997 09/28/06 04:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer

Hehehe! Very clever. smile

#32998 09/28/06 05:06 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T

Actually, no, because my mind was too busy boggling at the name itself. You know, like, What? What? TRACE???? Americans.... The kind of names they give their kids, eh?

But yes, it was funny, Nancy. Is that why you decided to call the boy Trace? Or do you just like the name? Hmmmm... sounds like the name of a future kidnap victim to me. Sorry, Mrs Grant Olsen, we have found no trace of Trace....

Good thing Purple Pixie and Blue Fairy can trace Trace, then! goofy

(And thanks for explaining why you suddenly weren't calling me Ann anymore. I thought perhaps you were angry at me, you know?)

Ann

OH, P.S.! I just thought of something. I don't have time to quote right now, but I remember that Trace, who seems like a really nice boy, was very impressed Chloe and Claire. I wondered briefly if you were planning to set him up with both twin girls, but I really don't think you would... although you could create "twin complications" where Trace isn't quite sure which twin he is talking to, or one twin tries to one-up the other one....

No, but seriously, I remember that one of the twins - Claire? - is involved with a really disagreeable boy, Alexis(?). Alexis is trying to make her have sex with him when she isn't ready - actually he may have tried to use a bit of force on her. And Trace is the victim of would-be rape too - well, what would you call it when your father tries to force you to become 'a man' in a brothel? So, Nancy, wouldn't it be nice if you got Claire and Trace together somehow? Of course, you could be more evil and set Trace up with Chloe, who doesn't seem to have a boyfriend yet - oh, poor Claire if you do! So don't, please? But Claire and Trace - now that's a good idea!

#32999 09/28/06 07:56 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the comments, Lara and Ann.
~~~

Is that why you decided to call the boy Trace? Or do you just like the name? Hmmmm... sounds like the name of a future kidnap victim to me. Sorry, Mrs Grant Olsen, we have found no trace of Trace....
Actually Trace was a take off on Tracy Scoggins' name. It is unusual but becoming more popular.

~~~

I love twin complications!! Remember the bit about Danny mixing them up, and you forgot and thought he was a brother? I still plan on incorporating that into the story.

SPOILERS::

Yes, I'll admit, Trace and Claire will date. I created him just for her. She is the one that has been dating the creep, Alex, who incidentally will be a nasty bad guy. But hey, a little mix-up between the two could be a lot of fun!

Chloe is dating a nice guy named Ben, who has only been mentioned is passing. I doubt that she will stay with him.

And there's a reason Alex was able to get so far with Claire:
Alexis is trying to make her have sex with him when she isn't ready - actually he may have tried to use a bit of force on her.
But I 'isn't' saying what just yet!

~~~

Nancy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard