Feedback thread for A New Hero Part 26

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#32765 09/18/06 06:24 AM
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Classicalla,

What can I say? dance

This part encompasses all good emotions, love, care, tears and laughter, and even poor Brook's Angst.

The cliff hanger is wonderful. I'm looking to learn more about the T-5 as well as Clark and Caitlin's visit to her family.

By the way, is Meowoof going to show her delight in her humans' celebration of Zared and Jenni's wedding?

Looking forward to the next episode.

Regards,

SNL

#32766 09/18/06 06:33 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes, Meowoof will make more appearances. I'm glad you liked this part!

And yes, Brook has grown up a little and feels angst that she has been known to have a 'big mouth'.

I'm not sure, but I think the trip to see Caitlyn's family will be a separate vignette. I plan on basing it on the real place where I live. The area encompasses the hometowns of The Judds, Ricky Skaggs, Dwight Yokum, Chuck Woolery, Billy Ray Cyrus and a myriad of others - mostly country music stars. The Country Music Highway lies near my home.

#32767 09/18/06 06:57 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Fantastic part!

You did a very good job to describe Clark's grief over Lois. I had to wipe up tears when he think about how Lois prepared the tapes for Lara.

And you did a good cliffhanger too. I want to know TIME FOR WHAT?!

I just hope it wouldn't be a problem for Zared's wedding with Jenni...

#32768 09/18/06 09:47 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Get back here! hyper

Get back here! hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#32769 09/18/06 02:56 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm really sorry I haven't responded until now, Nancy, but you know how it is. I just had to comment on Sue's story - disagreeing with all the rest of you, to boot wink - and when I was done with that (quoting like hell, too), there was absolutely no time to read, much less comment on anything else. You know how it is?

Anyway, Nancy, THANK YOU!!!!! Thank you for indulging this grousy old Lois fan. Thank you so, so much for showing me that Clark still loves Lois. You know how much better I feel about him now? I can even wish him good luck in his upcoming marriage to Caitlyn. I even think he is nice enough to deserve to move on with Caitlyn! wink

And yeah!!!! Hanna is going to be White Tiger! Love that name. Go, girl! I feel - hmmm, just a tad more uncertain about the leopard suit. Maybe it's just because Clark or Jon would look so ridiculous in it? Maybe a girl like Hannah is going to look just great in it? In any case, don't mind me and don't change Hanna's suit on my account. But hey, I'm so much looking forward to seeing the debut of White Tiger! smile1 smile1 smile1

And I loved just all of the conversation between Hannah and Jon. Darn it, Nancy, but you are doing the kids here so irresistibly well. They are so charming, too, that I almost can't believe it. Well, good thing the kids here are so extremely nice. They are Superman's kids, they have his powers, and you wouldn't want to let loose a bunch of superpowered delinquents on the world. But you make me feel these kids have grown up in such a perfectly loving home, and Clark has been such a good father that the kids have managed to remain happy and good even though they lost their mother at a young age. This is such a compliment first to Clark and Lois, and then to Clark himself. And, to some extent, to Caitlyn! wink

I just have to quote one passage from Jon and Hannah's conversation:

"Do you think that because we've seen each other naked that it would just be natural to do everything?"

"I don't know." She thought for a minute, then said, "Yeah, I guess it does. We've just... well... We've done so many things together. I've just been so confused, and so much has been going on in my life. And then my college roommates teased me incessantly about not having had sex." She shrugged and said quietly, "I guess I shouldn't be worried about what they think, should I?"
It's such a pity that kids should feel under pressure to have sex, just to impress their college roommates or the cool kids at school. That's not the reason why you should have sex!

But I love that Jon and Hannah can discuss the topic of sex so openly. I loved that Jon suggested to Hannah that they should prepare themselves for the possibility of having sex by seeing a doctor and having an exam.

This surprised me:

"Jon, you need to take care of yourself. Just because you are invulnerable now doesn't necessarily mean you still can't have problems. And I noticed you rubbing your back last night. Are you having kidney problems again?"
Jon has had kidney problems in the past? Even though he is invulnerable? Are his kidneys okay now?

I loved Zared's nervousness about his upcoming wedding, his need to see Jenni and his frustration at not being allowed to see her. And hey, you had me laughing at what Clark told Zared:

Clark gave his son a hug and whispered, "Congratulations." Then he smiled and suddenly felt mischievous. He whispered, "I hear Jenni knows about the barn." With that he turned and walked away while lightly chuckling. He left Zared with his mouth hanging open. Clark could only think how very unusual it was for Zared to be totally speechless.
And... sorry about the long quote, Nancy, but this is just adorable:

Clark finally found Brook in the upstairs sitting room. She, Lara, and Jama were playing with Legos. Jama and Brook were instructing Lara on the finer points of Lego construction. Clark smiled at his daughters and thought how lucky he was to have such a wonderful family. He looked at Jama. <Jama, I need to talk to Brook and Lara. Okay?>

Jama looked up at her Daddy with adoration. <Okay. Have fun with the fireworks. I'm going to take a nap.>

Lara had also not been told of the wedding because at four-years-old she could not be expected to keep a secret from her sister Brook. Clark sat down in the floor and started helping with their elaborate Lego building. He leaned forward and kissed each of the girls on their cheeks.

Brook barely gave her dad a glance. She was intent on their work of art. "Whassup?"
And I'm not going to quote the entire conversation between Clark and Brook, but I just loved that too, you know! thumbsup

But hey, Nancy, what is this?

The device was still in his personal hyperspace. It was supposed to alert him when the time was right, but thus far the Telepathically-Tuned Time Transport Teleporter or T-5 had been silent.
whinging

"She had an amniotic fluid embolism. She survived the.. the ensuing... cardiopulmonary arrest. She was on a ventilator, and I hoped..." He started crying. Caitlyn squeezed his arm. He bit his lip and continued. "She seemed like she was doing a little better, but then she developed something called disseminated intravascular coagulation. It's a big fancy diagnosis, and I've read about it, but basically it means she was bleeding. Everywhere. Fast and furious. Despite everything the doctors could do, my Lois basically bled to death."
But please, Nancy, I would like to know a little more about this. I guess this amniotic fluid embolism that killed Lois is unusual. How do you get it? Do you suddenly get sick or something? Is it like leukemia in that it suddenly just happens to you and affects your blood? Or is it some strange unforeseen complication that could happen after surgery or after, say, childbirth?

And this... you're making me cry.

"The doctors suggested I bring the kids to see her, but before that could happen, she died." He brought his hands up and covered his face. "The hardest thing I've ever done in my life is tell my children that their mother was dead." He took a deep breath and said sadly, "We celebrated Lara's new life at 8:01 pm on April fifteenth. At 1:08 am, my life shattered. Kind of ironic isn't it? 8:01? 1:08?"
I almost like the conversation between Clark and Caitlyn, too. High praise, you know, coming from me!

This is a bit worrying:

"Uhh... Yeah. Nervous. I guess that's normal, huh?" Clark smiled and nodded. "Dad, you don't think *they* are going to come back some day and try to tell me I've got a birth wife do you?"

Clark was surprised. "You don't have a birth wife, Zared. What would make you ask that?"

Zared was uncertain. "Are you sure? I mean... All day, I've been having these... strange... like... dreams or visions or something. I just keep seeing Zara.
Gaaahh! This birthwife stuff!!! Let's hope Zared really doesn't have a birth wife.

"Well, I don't either, Zared, but you may be having memories of her. If I concentrate really, really hard I can remember Lara and Jor-El putting me in the space capsule. She did give birth to you, and she held you, and she loved you."
Hmmm.... Fascinating....

They walked down the stairs and then into Clark's office. Jon, the best man, was waiting there. "Wow, Zared! You look fantastic!" Then he grinned broadly and teased a little. "Fifteen more minutes and you are going to be a married man."

It was then that the T-5 decided to speak to Clark's mind telling him it was time....
Oh, no!!!! What's going to happen now????

Come back with more soon, Nancy. Let's just hope I'll have time to read it and comment on it without too much delay.

Ann

#32770 09/18/06 05:44 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks Poussin, Maria, and Ann for your feedback.
~~

Jon has had kidney problems in the past? Even though he is invulnerable? Are his kidneys okay now?
His body is suppose to heal it self.
Well, he is half human. Since Superman canon (not sure if it was on the show or not) says Clark broke his arm when he was four, I figured 1/2 human kids could get sick - though not as severe as humans. I haven't decided yet if he is completely okay or not. He's still only 17.
~~

Telepathically-Tuned Time Transport Teleporter or T-5... Ahh... the mystery!
~~

It's Zara going to be present?
Hmmm.... I'll answer somewhat indirectly - she will be in the story.
~~

WOW! Thanks!!

Anyway, Nancy, THANK YOU!!!!! Thank you for indulging this grousy old Lois fan. Thank you so, so much for showing me that Clark still loves Lois. You know how much better I feel about him now?
Double Wow! WOW!WOW!

I can even wish him good luck in his upcoming marriage to Caitlyn. I even think he is nice enough to deserve to move on with Caitlyn!
~~

Hannah isn't going to wear the leopard suit. I hanv'e quite decided on a suite, but it will have something to do with tigers. I'm thinking along the lines of making the cape have tiger stripes.

~~

And I loved just all of the conversation between Hannah and Jon. Darn it, Nancy, but you are doing the kids here so irresistibly well. They are so charming, too, that I almost can't believe it. Well, good thing the kids here are so extremely nice.They are Superman's kids, they have his powers, and you wouldn't want to let loose a bunch of superpowered delinquents on the world.
Yes, Clark would have to work hard to make sure he has nice kids. Definitely wouldn't want a bunch of super delinquents running around.
~~

Glad you all liked the DVD bit. I thought it was a nice touch.

An amniotic fluid embolism (An embolism is an abnormal particle circulating in the blood - causes an occlusion in a blood vessel - often in the blood system of the lungs.) is a rare complication of giving birth. Amniotic fluid (the fluid that surrounds the baby), fetal cells, hair, or other debris enter the maternal circulation, causing cardiorespiratory collapse (the heart and breathing stop or become seriously compromised). It's often fatal. It's also often accompanied by DIC. Disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) is a complex systemic thrombohemorrhagic disorder involving the generation of intravascular fibrin and the consumption of procoagulants and platelets. I've used those big words because it is indeed very complicated. It becomes a vicious cycle and the bleeding is very difficult to stop. It can also lead to organ failure.
~~

WOW! I made Ann a happy lady!!

I almost like the conversation between Clark and Caitlyn, too. High praise, you know, coming from me!
Yes, it is! THANK YOU!!
~~

Gaaahh! This birthwife stuff!!! Let's hope Zared really doesn't have a birth wife.
I promise - Zared doesn't have a birth wife. You'll see why soon. He's just worried about it because he was born on New Krypton.
~~

TIME FOR WHAT?!
evil
~~

I just hope it wouldn't be a problem for Zared's wedding with Jenni
No, no problem really for the wedding - a little angst maybe, but no real problem!

Glad you all liked this part!!!

#32771 09/21/06 03:48 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile Loved it!!!!! Excellent part!

got me crying, but that could be from the meds? nah... from the story!
(I'll eventually be OK enough to leave real FDK... sorries for now!)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard