Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Cute. Where's the melted kryptonite go??

I liked the distinction between the heat vision and the laser vision. They really are different, aren't they? clap

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
R
Blogger
Blogger
R
Cute story!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile hey, pretty nice! I like that 'it's so routine' attitude you gave the characters, I'm sure it must get pretty darn repetitive for them. Well done!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute! thumbsup

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This is an innovative idea, Frame. I have a nagging memory that tells me Superman's vision abilities won't work on lead at all, and that's why Clark's lenses were made of leaded glass, so he wouldn't accidentally ignite something or inadvertantly become a peeping SuperTom. I think that was also why Clark had to lower his glasses to use his X-ray, heat, or telescopic vision.

But melting the Kryptonite was brilliant! I don't know why no one else ever used that trick. And since this was obviously some kind of industrial use building, the Kryptonite just flowed down the floor drain into the sewer system, where it would spread itself too thin to be recovered and be too dissipated to injure Superman.

I just wish I'd thought of it first.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I just always thought Clark couldn't see through lead. I've never heard that his heat vision wouldn't work on it.

Now, see I was thinking that if the molten kryptonite reformed that there might be a big enough piece to affect Superman. Hmmm.... Of course, if he turned it to a gas, then it would surely dissipate.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute Idea. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Where's the melted kryptonite go??
I had him drill a small drain hole. I don't have a clue about the viscosity of liquid Kryptonite but figured if I gave him some place for it to drain Lois & Clark could deal with it later.

I have a nagging memory that tells me Superman's vision abilities won't work on lead at all, and that's why Clark's lenses were made of leaded glass, so he wouldn't accidentally ignite something or inadvertantly become a peeping SuperTom. I think that was also why Clark had to lower his glasses to use his X-ray, heat, or telescopic vision.
You may be correct. I believed that he could not use his xray vision thru the lead.

His heat vision, well heat can't go thru any kind of glass, that's why greenhouses work and the insides of closed cars get so hot in the summer, they trap the infrared inside.

Lead was always treated in the show as just being lead. I assumed if he tried to use heat vision through it that he'd melt his glasses.

Now, see I was thinking that if the molten kryptonite reformed that there might be a big enough piece to affect Superman.
I would completely agree, that's why I made it a "tiny sample of Kryptonite" so I would not need to think about how to clean up the mess.

Framework4
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hehe, cool idea. Nice way to deal with the Kryptonite, and it's fun how it's old news by now laugh

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard