Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yeah! A Tank story! smile1

Hope you don't mind if I point out a very minor typo...

She knew that the Metropolis police had locked up the site, which had included some heavy iron bars welded with heat vision across the access doors, courtesy of Superman. Had someone found a way to get it?
I assume you meant "a way to get in?"

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved this line!!

Can't take on a mere slip of a woman without your real manhood clutched in your sweaty fist?"
Tank gave us a happy ending. Yeah! I just knew Lois was going to walk in and find that Clark had committed suicide.

I can't imagine what Take 2 might be. Arggghhh....

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
It had been a very trying past couple of days; but it was over now, and Lois was back where she belonged. In the arms of her husband.

fin
I don't believe it. Not from Tank. No way. Clearly this is another clone and Lex has somehow copied Lois's memory over to this clone.

Or he is working with Tempus and this is a Lois from an AltVerse.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's an interesting idea. Maybe Clark is the clone....

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This story is just awesome! ..what really worries me is that it ends well. How can Tank's story end so well? So it's a bit dark and all - and Lois gets a haircut all right, but... no signature Tank ending? Yeah... something's wrong. Definitely. hehehe! smile

The whole "take 1" bit makes me anxious to see what "take 2" is like, I'm all excited here. And I love that. laugh I'm definitely seeing other clones showing up in there. Yep! Of course it's also possible there is no take 2 and all our hopes will be crushed...? Or maybe it's Tank that's been cloned??

Ok, I think too much, don't I?

Looking forward to the unraveling of this little 'take' mystery. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Merriwether
Merriwether
Tank, this is great! The Superman rescue is a bit cliche, so it's nice to see something different. wink Seriously, I loved seeing Lois do some serious butt-kicking, and doing it to Lex! I feel bad for Clark during the ordeal, but it came out okay in the end. Loved it!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes, that "Take One" things worries me too, but... well, Tank, "Take One" was adorable!!! smile1

Can I flatter you by pointing out that you were so clever when you *didn't* kill Lois? Or will that just make you more eager to kill her in "Take Two"? Anyway, apart from DJ's recent story - was it 'Remember Me'? - Lois has so rarely been "brought back from the dead", as it were. There is a whole canon of Clark-is-dead-no-he-isn't stories out there, primarily the innumerable TOGOM stories, but when Lois dies, she so rarely gets a chance to come back. Okay, so Lois didn't really die in your story, but then again, Clark doesn't die in any oithe different takes on TOGOM, either.

And in this story Lois was so heroic! I love it!!! Thank you, thank you, Tank, for being such a staunch Lois fan! smile1 smile1 smile1 (Now if I can only persuade you not to kill her in Take Two....)

Just consider how slightly bored and totally unfazed she is when she gets kidnapped again, for the umpteenth time:
Lois couldn't believe it. It had happened again. Didn't these yoyos ever get tired of kidnapping her? She struggled against the ropes that tied her hands to the back of the chair. She had tensed her muscles as much as she could as she was being trussed up, but the ropes were fairly secure and it was going to take some time before she could work herself loose. Not that she had any doubt that she would be able to eventually free herself. After all, she was an old pro at this captive game. It just was going to take some time, and pain, before she could loosen her bonds enough to get free.
I love it!!

And here we have more of Lois's beautiful self-confidence. Isn't it wonderful?

She chewed briefly on the tape covering her mouth, but then stopped. It would be fairly easy to free her mouth, but it might not be a good idea letting her captors know she could free herself from it until such time that she needed to.
There is just no way to unnerve this Lois, is there?

Even though Lois was surprised to be confronted by a doppelganger, she wasn't shocked. It had happened too many times in the past for her to be completely thrown by it.
I love it!! (Um, did I already say that? Never mind - I do love it!!!)

"My, aren't we testy this morning."

"I get that way when I'm kidnapped before I have my morning cup of coffee."
clap )

But this is absolutely horrible:

Lois wasn't surprised by his answer, but was distressed by it nevertheless. Even though she was afraid she knew the answer, she had to ask the next question. "Lex, why am I here?"

"Because I love you."
He loves her? There must be something wrong with the English language if the treatment that Lex subjects Lois to can be described as emanating out of love.

She took a deep breath. She knew that arguing with him was useless, but she couldn't help herself. "Why do you still want me? I don't love you. I never will. You don't need me. You have your Xerox to play with. She obviously has been brain-washed to the point where touching you doesn't make her violently ill."
You have your Xerox to play with... I love it!!!

"Oh, Lois, you still don't understand do you. You were the only woman who ever refused me. That can't be allowed. I'll be leaving all right, but you'll be coming with me."
Okay...at least he's cutting that 'love' crap.

And I know this has been quoted already, but I just love that your Lois is so damn heroic:

Lois had been working on freeing herself and her wrists were raw and she was sure she felt some blood dripping through her fingers. As much as that might be distressing, and painful, it did have a good side also. If the ropes binding her got coated with her blood, they'd become more slippery, giving her a better chance to get loose.
And Tank, honestly, even this little snippet was priceless:
The screen came to life. An over-groomed manikin sat behind the LNN news desk.
An over-groomed manikin - oh, I can just see her!!!

"My sources at the Planet say that your colleagues were appropriately shocked and saddened by your untimely demise. Especially that super lout of a husband. I hear tell that he actually broke down and cried like a baby."
Hmmm...this is a nice take on TOGOM, actually. Some people insist we don't need Clark deathfic because Clark dies in all those TOGOM fics, except he doesn't. We just see Lois grieve for him as if he was dead. Well, I can't remember any other story apart from this one where we have seen Clark grieve for Lois as if she was dead, except she isn't. Why can't there be more Lois deathfic like this????

Lois' first thought was to tell Luthor where he could stuff his meal.
I wish she had told him!!!

She bit on her bottom lip, glared at him, then allowed a sigh to escape her lips. With a frown of resignation, she slowly nodded, and opened her mouth.
And it takes a real man - eh, a real woman - to allow herself to be humiliated so that she can increase her chances of survival and escape.

Once the fellow had cleared the doorway, Lois stepped out and swung the chair with all her might. It crashed solidly against the side of his head with a loud thunk. Chair and skull rebounded against the heavy metal door and the man went down like a pole axed steer.
And...wow.

"What is the meaning of this? Surely you know there is no escape." He reached his hand out. "Come. You are an intelligent woman. Can't we conclude this arrangement like two civilized adults?"

"We seem to be one short." Lois' eyes blazed with hate.
Oh, I love Lois's retorts!!!

"So... what? Are you going to shoot me? Are you so afraid of me that you feel you need a gun to subdue me? Can't take on a mere slip of a woman without your real manhood clutched in your sweaty fist?"
Like other have pointed out, priceless! Priceless! Priceless!!!

She worried that he might be in Smallville, but deep down she could feel him in the house.
And I absolutely love this, as if Lois herself were telepathic.

"Lois?"

She smiled through her tears. "Hi."

He stood. She could see his legs wobbled a bit and he made his way toward her. "How?"
Like others here, I love how Clark's legs wobbled.

She shrugged. "It's a long story. You know, evil masterminds, leftover clones. Remind me to tell you about... later."
Remind me to tell you... oh, I love it.

His hand reached for her cheek. He seemed hesitant at first. "You've been hurt." She could hear the anguish in his voice.

"You should see the other guy."
And others have pointed out this one, too, but it's still absolutely irresistible!

She reached up and stroked his cheek. "I'll live, but I suppose I'd better see a doctor." He was about to say something but she put her finger over his lips. "Tomorrow; we'll go see a doctor, tomorrow. Right now I need you to kiss me, then take me upstairs. I want to spend the night lying in your arms."
And I love this....

His lips captured hers in a tender and passionate kiss. He scooped her up in his arms and headed for the stairs to their bedroom.

It had been a very trying past couple of days; but it was over now, and Lois was back where she belonged. In the arms of her husband.
And this!!! Total, total WAFF!

Oh, Tank, I love it! Okay... so... if there is a take two, will you promise not to kill Lois for real? Please?

Ann

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
That was great, and I am very glad it had a lovely, happy ending. But I don't trust Tank. I have feeling that there is going to be more, and it is going to be full of dead or otherwise unhappy protagonists. But I can deal with angst as long as I know it's coming. So, Tank, if you've got something to throw at us, bring it on. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Thanks all for the kind words. I just have to throw something out there every once in a while just to let folks know I'm still alive.

As for the 'take one', it merely represents the fact that I had a few different ideas that followed the same basic premise. This just happened to be the 'take' that I wrote. If I ever decide to write up one of the others... well, who knows.

Now, regarding this seeming mistrust of my ability to provide a happy ending... I'm a regular Mr. Waffy. If one were to go to the archives they would see that I've written a few fanfics in my time and I dare say, the vast majority of them have a sloppy, happy ending. Nobody ever dies in my... well, almost nobody... well, Lois or Clark never die in... well they don't die very often.

And, for those who mentioned 'the haircut'. Remember, Lois never got her haircut (she didn't need to), it was the clone who was forced to do so in order to carry out what she thought was to be 'the plan'. (I seem to be using quotes a lot).

Anyway, thanks again for the kind comments. With you people being so nice to me, I may just have to write another fic someday.

Tank (who may have originated the Tank ending, but it was left to others to perfect the evil)

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Yeah! Another Tank fic! This was great and ingenious... you really ought to write Take 2, Take 3, etc.

Thanks, Tank!
Julie

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I loved this. I love Lois' snappy retorts, how deeply she grieves knowing how Clark must feel, how determined she is to make it out--for Clark's sake as much as for her's and how she drags Luthor along with her as she makes her way back to humanity.

Tank, I never doubted you. I've read so many Tank/Wendy fics that I know you're all heart. However, I must point out that Jimmy never seems to make it out unscathed. Why is that exactly?

Elisabeth
a long-time Tank fan

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard