Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32469 09/04/06 09:41 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup At least Jimmy was working in the Kent's problem.

Right now, no one seemed to work on this new Superman story at the Daily Planet, no one seemed to have noticed that there was something going on. Perry had advised Jimmy to get hold of his two best reporters. He should drag them to their desks, if necessary. Perry would have a word with Clark concerning his current work attitude. It started with leaving without telling where he was going. It continued with returning without a story. And it ended with being completely away from work.
They should tell Perry truth. :rolleyes:

Or was he in fact dead, had sunk somewhere in the river and was dragged away by the current?

He really hoped it wasn’t the last one. This meant that he had only been partly successful since killing Superman was not the prime intention. A weakened but living Superman was to prefer, anyway. He need the hero in a condition where he was easy to controle. His dead body was only the second best thing. Of course the death of the hero would gain him a lot of fame in the criminal world as well, but certainly not the front page of its history books. And without the hero’s dead body he couldn’t prove his claim of being the ingenious killer.
eek This is not about science experiment or killing an alien, this is about power and control just the way Luther likes?

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just caught up with your story and I have to say that it is really exciting. dance

Who shot Clark with the Kryptonite? Is Lois pregnant? Just a thought from the first chapter where she felt a familiar "flutter" in her belly. Does Dr. Klein know that Clark is Superman? What does Perry know? dizzy

I'm starting to wonder whether someone reads this and likes it.
Trust me...I understand your wondering about if anyone reads your story. I feel the same way...that most people don't read my stories. I haven't posted one on a while. But I am grateful for the couple of faithful responders that I have. I have to say that I have recently gotten some private emails from people who have read my stories and I really appreciate them. It's encouraging to get feedback.

And in other cases, if I couldn't say something positive, constructive or at least politically correct, I didn't say anything at all. I won't insult people about their writing, no matter how bad I think it is. I takes a lot to publish your own work.

But in this case, I'm enjoying your story and please post again soon. notworthy

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hi!

Thanks so much! The "flutter" in Lois' belly is just the butterflies, a baby couln't actually feel familiar to her. And at the point of time where Lois would be able to feel a baby, you don't even need Clark's vision abilities to see a pregnancy. Sorry to disappoint you laugh laugh laugh

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I saw this:
It was still sensible and achy
The word should be sensitive

You noted that Lois got out of the bed then turned around and said she was in the bed.

Lois rose from bed and got dressed quickly while Clark stayed there.
To Lois great relief, Dr. Klein hadn’t asked too many questions. He wasn’t curious as to why Superman laid in their conjugal bed
If Superman was in the bed alone, I don't think Dr. Klein would think a thing about it. He'd just think Superman was using their bed.

I like this:
Dr. Klein didn’t think that injections of heparin would do Superman any good.
You need to explain that heparin is a blood thinner, but I bet you knew I'd like this, eh?

At the beginning of your story, you noted this:

I'm starting to wonder whether someone reads this and likes it.
I like your story!! Sometimes, I have found a little hard to follow though. Most of this part, I was able to follow well, but I did find it a bit disjointed at this point:

Two people in Metropolis were really wondering where Superman was.
I hope you don't think I've been hard on you. Remember that this is your story and you should write it as you like. Just because someone doesn't like something in it doesn't mean they don't like the story itself.

Also, don't feel bad if you don't get a lot of feedback. I wrote one story where two feedback leavers, including you, suggested the story worthy of a kerth. It still didn't get a lot of feedback. I have to remind my self constantly that most people just don't leave feedback - period. Some peoople think their feedback has to be a master piece. I know that I've been guilty of reading stories and never leaving feedback. I didn't realize the importance of it until I started posting stories myself. I have vowed to at least leave an icon if I don't have time for anything else.

It is harder to leave feedback if you find an entire story disgusting, but I'm relatively sure that doesn't happen often. I did read one a long time ago that was pretty bad, though. There is usually always something good in a story.

Also, a lot of people just simply don't have time to read every story. I have to pick and choose and sometimes can't read a story until long after it's finished. I have a list....

I will say that sometimes it's hard to tell people you like their stories if their email isn't correct in the archive. (I'm glad yours was, Sheila.)

I look forward to the next part.

Who is that strange villain that likes irony anyway?

Icon to make bakasi smile....
[Linked Image]

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Bakasi, I like your Lois and Clark, as I've already said. I also really like your take on Clark, especially his approach to his double identity:

A familiar feeling of guilt coursed trough him when he saw several bad accidents in the news which he could have prevented. Maybe he could have helped these people if he hadn’t flown to Germany that night, maybe he wouldn’t have been shot, then. He still suspected a connection between his visit there and the sharpshooter. He should stop being so kind to fly to every person calling for him. When they weren’t in trouble, then maybe they shouldn’t receive his attention. He should really learn to say “No” once in a while.

But then, the trip was an important part of Clark Kent’s work. He always claimed that Clark Kent was his real identity, but he couldn’t put the work of a journalist over his duties as Superman, could he? It was the same problem he always had to face with his two identities. And with losing his powers it didn’t get easier, quite the opposite. Maybe his conscience harmed him enough to keep a whole bunch of psychiatrists busy for months.
I've often found Clark irritatingly schizophrenic and weirdly hung up on the idea that even though he is Superman, Superman doesn't exist. I find it so frustrating when he is carefully hiding his Superman identity from Lois so that she can fall in love with the real him, and only when she has fallen for non-super Clark can he reveal to her that non-super Clark is in fact Superman. The guy gives me a headache sometimes.

That's why I appreciate your Superman so much. His approach to his double identity is mature, grown-up and responsible. I like it that he's feeling guilty about not being able to do any Superman rescues, even though that's not his fault. It's interesting that your Superman is the one worrying that he might be going nuts, when in fact he may be one of the sanest versions of our favorite Kryptonian that we can meet on this Lois and Clark website.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I get ya' Ann.... schizophrenic. It's dual or multiple personality. (Remember the round robin..) rotflol

I also like Clark's angst in this part.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
bakasi's smiling broadly.....she really is. laugh laugh

I like Ann's comment very much, calling my Clark the sanest version of himself made me laugh a lot. I didn't think that he was analyzed like that.

And I really hope, that Classicalla isn't going to kill me if she reads on. Things are getting worse!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, I'll read on, I assure you. Once I commit to a story, I finish it. Nancy clap

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Classicalla:
I saw this:
It was still sensible and achy
The word should be sensitive
AHHHHHHH!!! wallbash

That one is my fault... I should have picked up on it, but I guess I wasn't paying enough attention.
"Sensible" is the right word for that *in French*.

wallbash

I sowwy!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
No need to be sorry, Lara. We've discussed this in school about a hundred times. I should know that.

Makes me remember one of my classmates, who said:

When you do bad things you have to go to the kitchen.

(No, cooking is not the general punishment for German criminals, but Kittchen is an informal German word for jail.)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard