OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for your comment. Well I'd like to see the expression on your face, when you learn how they save the farm smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't think Clark would keep flying and risk Lois' life. He would land as soon as he could where ever he could.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Wouldn't he risk her life, when he landed just somewhere, not knowing if he'd be able to soften his fall enough for Lois to survive? He couldn't be sure if anyone was there to help an injured Lois. It's still very early in the morning.

I remember now, what I'd forgotten to write down. In this scene he uses physics, flying in a hyperbel like every moving and at the same time falling object does. Should have added this.

And we aren't speaking about miles here, it's not meant to be a far distance. I don't think that Clark risks more this way than another. And call it freedom of the writer: I wanted them to land in their yard.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay... here's my two cents...

I don't think Clark would keep flying and risk Lois' life. He would land as soon as he could where ever he could.
Wouldn't he risk her life, when he landed just somewhere, not knowing if he'd be able to soften his fall enough for Lois to survive? He couldn't be sure if anyone was there to help an injured Lois.
When I read the story the first time, that's what I thought - why doesn't he land just anywhere, right? But then when I thought mor about it, it didn't make much sense for him to do that.

Let me explain...

Even if he's able to land and she's not injured, he will be... So it's not safe for him to land just anywhere. I mean, if she's there alone with him and he's unconscious, what's she to do anyway? Leave him there alone while she goes running for help? I don't think so. wink

If he's unable to land without injuring her (she's lying on his back and I seriously don't think his legs will hold him so he can't land on his feet too well) there's no telling what would happen to them, it's not *safe*. People aren't supposed to know that he's vulnerable to Kryptonite and just imagine if that got out that Superman isn't 'super' anymore... or worse if he landed and was found by unfriendly people -- the man is powerless, they could kill him!

So, to me, it makes perfect sense that he'd do everything in his power to land somewhere that won't put either of them in harms way. Therefore, considering their home isn't so far away that he thinks he can't make it, then he would do that, land there. Besides.... Clark would put his life on the line to save Lois a million times over, I am absolutely convinced of this!

smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Somebody has gracefully said that I can't write mini-feedback, but I can, believe me, and the mini variety is all I've got time for right now. But I have to say that to me, nothing in LNC fanfic is more important than the relationship betwen Lois and Clark, and I love when there is a sweet WAFFy feeling between them. Well, you've got that in your story! I loved how Clark was able to push himself beyond all limits to save Lois. I loved how she acted super-quickly and decisively to get that Kryptonite out of his leg. And I loved how they showed their love for one another afterwards.

I, too, want to see the Kent farm saved. And I want to see more of your Lois and Clark!!! sloppy

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I meant safely land with Lois. But the longer he flies and he is injured the more chance there is of hurting Lois. But that's just my observation. I'm not writing the story. And since she already has a phone (She called Martha and Jonathan after all.) she could just call '911'. That's the emergency services number for most places in the US. (That's why September 11, 2001 is now called 911 for short. It's a play on words.) 911 existed in Metropolis in the LnC universe. It would not be out of line with LnC canon to have Superman go to the hospital. Lois actually called an ambulance for Superman once while he was at Clark's apartment. But like I said, I'm not writing the story. I'm just making an observation.

I didn't read it that you meant it was a short distance. Saying that they needed to get to the other side of Metropolis to me would mean miles. Think New York City. If you were on one side of the city and wanted to get to the other, it would be many miles. Metropolis is supposed to be at least as big as New York City, and New York City is bigger than some countries. That's what threw me off - sorry. I do like it that they landed in their yard, the distance just made me misunderstand.

Lara noted:
People aren't supposed to know that he's vulnerable to Kryptonite and just imagine if that got out that Superman isn't 'super' anymore...
While that's generally true, when he was taken to the hospital in LnC it was because of kryptonite. His medical records would be sealed up tighter than a psychiatric patient's would be. In the States, if you are a doctor, nurse, or other medical type person, you can lose your licence, in some cases be charged with a felony, go to jail, open yourself and co-workers up to a lawsuit for saying what's in someone's medical record. True, in certain instances the courts can get them, but they have to have a darn good reason. It's not as easy as they make it look on TV. If I ever even suspected that a co-worker had given out sensitive information on a patient, then I would report it. I've been a nurse for 27 years and have seen something serious like this happen twice. Both times, the people were sued and nearly lost their licences. So Superman going to the hospital would NOT be a problem. I don't know, maybe emergency response is different in the States. I have heard that it is. In a city like Metropolis, even in the mid-90's an ambulance or police would have arrived fairly quickly - especially due to a gun shot wound.

Anyway, when it comes to medical stuff, I guess I'm just too picky. Ignore me.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard