I hope you like this part.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Part 22

Anamarie's apartment door was still open and Clark walked in. "Anamarie, I cannot believe you have brought Margeaux here. Now that she's here, though, it's going to be hard to move her. Why didn't you ask for my help? Or why didn't you ask the police?"

Margeaux answered, "You don't understand, Mr. Kent. He always finds me. It doesn't matter if the police help or not."

"Then why are you here? *Why* did you do that interview?"

"I just thought with him in jail that I'd be safe to tell my story. I should have known better. I'm so sorry."

Clark just took a deep breath and sighed. "Anamarie, you stay here with your sister. Don't open either of your doors for anyone unless you absolutely know who it is."

~~~~~~~~~~~

He was determined to find that bitch, Margeaux. He thought he'd found her so many times before, but he'd always been wrong. Even when he realized it wasn't her, he still killed to ease the pain. He killed for the sexual delight and pleasure it brought. This was her fault. She had made him find other ways of fulfilling his needs. He wasn't sure how she'd done it, but she had. She had tricked him so many times. Too many times. Those times were over for now his quest to find *her* was nearly fulfilled. She had ruined his life. This time instead of just killing to ease the pain or killing for the sexual delight and pleasure it brought, he would kill *her*. She would suffer.

He stood in the middle of his former mother-in-law's home. Why hadn't he ever thought to search for Margeaux here? He just assumed she wouldn't dare come to her mother's home. Her mother wasn't home, but it wouldn't have mattered if she was. He had no interest in her. Her hair was short. But then so was Margeaux's now. How dare she cut her hair? He knew that there had to be a clue here. He found Linda's address book. Ah-ha! Little sweet Anamarie was listed - complete with her phone number and her address. He would find her and he would find her now. If Margeaux wasn't there, then he would make Anamarie tell him where she was. Ah... wonder if Anamarie's hair could possibly be long? Wouldn't it be sweet pleasure to kill Anamarie while Margeaux watched?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A New Hero Part 23

Clark thought to Chloe and Claire, <Girls, we have a problem. The woman in Anamarie's apartment is her sister. And her sister used to be married to the Metropolis Mutilator. You are going to have to be extra vigilant. Have you seen anything unusual?>

Chloe answered, <Not a thing, daddy. Just usual party type stuff. No lurkers or such.>

<Nope. No lurkers, Daddy.>

<Okay, girls. Thanks>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zared was panicky. He couldn't find Jenni. She had mentioned she was tired and thought she was going to lie down. He'd looked in his room. She wasn't there. He looked in the guest room where she had been staying until today. She wasn't there. Where could she be?

He was so frantic that he couldn't think. He saw Jon but couldn't even tell him what was wrong. All he could say was, "Jenni."

Jon gave Zared a worried look. He pointed to a group of their friends. "She's right there. What's wrong, Zared?"

Zared didn't answer. He just ran to Jenni and grabbed her in a big hug. "Oh, Jenni! I was so worried. Margeaux... his wife... Our baby... I was so worried."

Jenni said, "Zared! I'm fine. What's wrong?"

Jenni's friend Maggie looked at Jenni like she couldn't believe what Zared had said. She was the only one among their friends that knew Jenni was pregnant. Not even Zared's friend Martin knew.

Another friend said, "Baby?"

Someone else said, "Did he say baby?"

Martin leaned over to Zared. "Zared, is she pregnant?"

Jenni gave Zared a look telling him she wasn't happy. Then she just rolled her eyes. What could she do? There was no denying it. She would be showing soon, anyway - already would be if she had tight clothes on. She threw up her hands. "Yes, I'm having a baby. Thank you very much for the premature announcement, Zared."

He softly whispered, "Sorry." He bit his lip and said, "It's just... Umm... I just found out that Anamarie's sister is *his* ex-wife and she is upstairs. I got scared."

"Who is 'he'?"

"The.. the.. Mutilator."

"Oh." She embraced Zared and then said, "I'm sure everything will be okay. Stop worrying so much!"

"I can't when it comes to you."

Zared looked around at the crowd they had drawn. News of Jenni's pregnancy had spread quickly. "Uhh... " He couldn't speak further.

Maggie took over. "All right. All right. Break it up!"

The crowd started dispersing but there was still lots of murmurs. Zared pulled Jenni to him. "I'm sorry, honey. I just got so panicked."

"It's okay, sweetie. I would have liked to have seen what happened when everyone started speculating when we get married, but... Oh, well. Surely there had to be talk about me staying here anyway."

"Well, there has been some talk, but all I've said is that it was easier here since there was more people around to help you. You want to say something about getting married? Or do you want to wait?"

"No, let's announce it. But not the date. I still want a small ceremony."

"Okay." He clapped his hands. "Hey, everybody, Jenni and I have talked about it and decided to tell you we are getting married fairly soon."

"When," said another friend of theirs.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Soon." They didn't need to know how soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The party continued as it had except, of course, Jenni and Zared were now a hot topic of conversation.

Bruce looked at Marilyn. "So Clark gonna be a grandfather. Did you know about that?"

Marilyn answered, "No, but I suspect Hannah does. She talked to me today, Bruce and I didn't know what to tell her. She very much wants to have sex with Jon. I think she is pushing it a little too hard."

"Hmmm.... Maybe it's because they have been friends for so long and have shared so much that now because they are involved she sees it as a natural extension of their relationship. I can understand. So Jon is reluctant? I'm surprised that a teenage male would be reluctant when a young lady is throwing herself at him. Surely he can't be shy. We've caught them skinny-dipping on more than one occasion."

"Well, that's been a while. Hannah thinks it has something to do with Zared and Jenni. She thinks there is more to the story than she knows. She says Zared used to have a 'wild' side."

"Oh, that must have been about the arrest. Ooops. I guess I'm not supposed to really know about that."

"Arrest?"

"Hmm.... Don't say anything - especially to Hannah."

"For what?"

He leaned over and whispered in her ear. "When he was fifteen he was arrested for propositioning a police woman pretending to be a prostitute. I don't know the whole story, but when I asked Clark about it, he blushed profusely and mumbled something unintelligible."

Marilyn giggled. "Oh, my. That must be some story."

Zared walked over to them. "Hey, Mr. Wayne, Dad wanted me to check to see if you thought things were going okay. I mean other than the fact that I stuck my foot in my mouth."

Bruce and Marilyn both looked at as if they had a secret. Marilyn bit her lip. Bruce said, "Yes, everything seems fine. Clark did a good job with security. And, well, you know everyone would have found out about the pregnancy anyway. Have the police been notified about Anamarie's sister?"

"Dad talked to Police Chief Henderson. They didn't want the entire police force to know. I get the idea I interrupted an interesting conversation."

Bruce just grinned. "I was telling Marilyn a bit about your... umm... colorful history. Don't worry. Our lips are sealed."

"Colorful... Uh... Never mind.... Just don't say anything."

Marilyn looked at Bruce and said, "Bruce, you were teasing him." Bruce just shrugged.

Zared would have asked his dad if Bruce knew about the 'incident', but his dad was asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chloe and Claire were still watching from above. Chloe made the mistake of mentioning Alex in conversation. Claire's face fell. "Oh, I'm sorry, Claire. Did you break up with him?"

"Well, we talked and I told him how I feel. But he was pretty upset - mad. In some ways, I can't help but feel like we were meant for each other. I mean, when he kisses me, my knees feel like they are going to buckle. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be? As a matter of a fact, I feel that way anytime he's really close to me."

"It's hormones, Claire," Chloe said. "Even if he is 'the one', which I seriously doubt, he shouldn't be pushing you to have sex. I heard part of what you said to Caitlyn when I passed by the kitchen. You've done a lot more than what you told her, haven't you?"

"I.. yeah."

"What?"

"No, dad might hear."

"He's asleep."

"Hmm... Well, he managed to get all my clothes off of me. It happened almost before I knew it."

"Claire! Did he.."

"No, I managed to stop him, but I had to hurt him."

"Hurt him?"

"I tried to get him off me, but I ended up having to shove him. I bruised him."

"Well, he shouldn't have been doing what he was doing."

"I don't know how he managed to get me naked so quickly. He'd barely kissed me. The way I understand things, I wasn't ready and he almost..."

"Claire, you have to tell dad!"

"No, no! I'm not going to cause a big fuss. Dad might break his neck or something. Just let it be, just let it be."

Chloe just sighed and held her sister while she cried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Police Chief Henderson and Mrs. Mayson Drake-Smith were approaching the home of Clark Kent.

Bill said, "Wow, wonder what's going on here?"

"I don't know, but two of Clark's kids graduated from high school, today. I guess they are having a party. I'm surprised, though, since Jenni Green and Superman are here."

"Do you really think he's staying here?"

"Well, yeah, it makes since. He and Clark are good friends. Where else is going to stay? I don't think he really lives anywhere."

"Oh, come on, Mayson. He has to sleep somewhere."

"You think he sleeps?"

"Well, of course he does."

"I hadn't thought about that. I guess he must. Maybe he does have some little place. Maybe he's got something in the mountains. Or who knows? Maybe he lives in the North Pole and is Santa Claus' neighbor."

"I heard him mention a 'Fortress of Solitude' once, but I think it was just a joke. It probably doesn't mean a thing, though. Heck, it could even be a tree house for all we know."

"A tree house? Oh, come on Bill."

Bill shrugged. "So you and Clark, huh? I would never have thought about that."

Mayson blushed as they walked up to the house, "Well, you know we used to date. We just started again."

"You did?! When?"

"Before the Resurrection thing."

"Oh, I thought he was dating Lois, then."

"He was dating both of us, actually. If I hadn't gotten hurt, then more might have happened between us. He the same as told me that."

Bill Henderson was behind Mayson and looked at her like he thought she was daft. He just shook his head. He couldn't believe that.. umm...Clark would ever see anything in Mayson. They were so different and considering how she felt about him... but then maybe she didn't know. Heck, he wasn't even sure he knew. "Hmmph.. Really," he said noncommittally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clark sat up in bed and yawned a little. "Hey, sweetie. I'm glad you are still here." Meowoof, who had been lying beside Clark, also stretched, and demanded that he pet her. He complied with her wishes.

Caitlyn smiled. "I wanted to stay til the party was over. I was hoping you would be down for the night."

"Hmm... actually I'm hungry. What did you bring in earlier?"

"There's some cheese and some sandwiches in the fridge. You want a sandwich? I think there is one with cheese spread, a bologna sandwich, and a chicken salad sandwich."

"Sounds good."

"Which one?"

"Hmm... All of 'em?"

"Clark, don't push it. You like to push things, don't you?"

"Well, I can eat part of each of them. I don't mean to push things, it's just... I've never been a position to not feel like eating before. I've never been this hurt or this sick. It's... it's more frustrating than I think any of you realize."

She brought him the sandwiches and a 7-Up. "I know, sweetheart. This is a totally new experience for you."

Suddenly Clark's eyes widened. "Caitlyn, get undressed and get in the bed with me. Now!"

"Clark!"

"Do it! I don't mean *that*. I'll explain, just do it!"

Meowoof didn't know what was going on, but she decided to get out of here. Maybe the dogs would like to play. Maybe even that other snooty cat would like to play.

She pulled her shirt off and started to get in bed beside of him. He threw his sleep shorts in the floor, and said, "Everything! Throw it around! Everything, Caitlyn." She looked at him shyly. "Caitlyn, what I haven't seen, I've touched. And believe me, I can look anytime I want to."

"Well, the x-ray vision is still a little shaky, and besides you wouldn't do that anyway."

"Now!"

"Okay, okay!" She crawled into beside him and pulled the covers up.

He grabbed her and pulled her close and pulled her leg between his. He pulled the sheet down to expose her shoulders.

"This had better be good, Clark! Ohhh..."

"Sorry, it's... Oh... Just go with it and act properly embarrassed."

"Huh?"

Jon knocked on Clark's door. Clark said, "Come in."

Caitlyn whispered, "No!"

"I said go with it." He looked up and smiled when Jon walked in. "Jon."

"Dad! You... " Jon turned a lovely shade of magenta.

Clark held up his hands. "I know Mayson Drake-Smith and Bill Henderson are here."

"Yeah... Zared is sending them up to see you. I was just warning you."

"I'll explain later, just skedaddle now. You never got around to warning me, okay?"

Caitlyn said, "Oh, I get it, Clark. You are sneaky. Oh.. If you want me stay here like this then you are..."

"Pretend like you are asleep. Then 'wake up'. Okay?"

A knock came on the door. Clark answered sleepily, "Come in."

Mayson walked in first followed by Henderson. Clark watched and had to keep a straight face as Bill Henderson almost succumbed to a fit of laughter.

Clark said, "Oh... Um... Mayson.. Uh... Bill. Why.."

Caitlyn raised up, "What's wrong Clark? My ClarkiePooh? Oh, my!" She pulled the covers up around her. "Mrs. Drake-Smith. Police Chief Henderson."

Clark had cleverly positioned the sheet in such a way that he was covered, but it left no doubt that he was naked under the sheets. Mayson and Bill could see an entire length of leg, the side of his hip, and the side of his torso. Clark pulled the covers up around himself, too. He swallowed like he'd been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. "M..Mayson. Bill. What... Why are you here?"

Mayson could only stare slack jawed. Bill answered, "Well, we know it's late, but we wanted to talk to you about this 'Margeaux' situation. Especially with Jenni Green and Superman being here. We thought your son was going to tell you we were here."

Clark said, "No. He never made it. Superman?"

Bill answered, "Well, Mayson said he was here... Maybe we ought to let you two get dressed."

Caitlyn giggled, "That might be a good idea." Mayson and Bill walked out and shut the door. She whispered and said, "Clark, you are positively evil!" She started to get up and he pulled her back to him. "Clark!"

"I just wanted to remember this feeling. Are you sure I..."

"Yes! Now let me up." He reluctantly let her go. "You should be an actor. And that bit with showing your leg and torso..." She threw his sleep shorts at him. "Better put these on. I'll get you a shirt, too." Then she boldly dressed in front of him.

"Uhh... yeah. Okay. Oh.. " He managed to pull his eyes away as he got dressed himself. "Well, I... What better way to convince Mayson, right?"

"Uh-huh. Are you ready?"

He nodded and sat up in bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~

When Mayson and Bill re-entered the room, Clark was quietly eating a sandwich. Caitlyn sat on the love-seat.

Bill grinned at Clark and said, "So, is Superman here? We want to make sure he's safe."

Clark said, "He's fine."

Bill looked at Clark and said with a straight face. "Yes, I would say he's fine, too."

Clark once again wondered if Bill Henderson knew his secret. "Uh.. why are you here?"

Bill answered, "We want the police here. We want everyone to have police protection."

~~~~~~~~~~~

After they had spoken a bit and some arrangements for police protection had been made, Bill walked out to make some observations around Clark's home. Clark wasn't happy about the police, but he just hadn't been able to come up any reasonable way to refuse it. When Bill walked out, Caitlyn also walked out. She gave Clark a sympathetic look.

Clark looked at Mayson, "Mayson, you have been very quiet."

"I.. thought..." Tears showed in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Mayson. I saw the broadcast this evening. I know I led you to believe that maybe more could have happened between us if you hadn't been hurt, and maybe that's true, but that was a long time ago. I don't know where you got the idea that anything could happen now. I thought I made it pretty clear that Caitlyn and I were in a relationship. Why ever did you say in a television interview that you were dating me? Or.. you might as well have said that."

"I guess I got carried away. I guess I thought you were offering me more now. Yes, you made it clear that you and Caitlyn were in a relationship, Clark. I just don't think very well when it comes to you. I just love you so much. I do stupid things."

Clark bit his lip. This was his fault. He knew he should have done things differently, but he was really glad Mayson didn't know the secret. He felt sure that she would have used it against him. "I hate to see you in pain. You didn't mention earlier today that you and your husband were getting a divorce."

"He just served me today. I don't know how that snake, Rose Marcus, found out. I just panicked. I can be so stupid sometimes."

"We all can, Mayson. I've certainly made some big blunders."

She turned her head sideways. "You know when I first came in, Clark, your chest was bare. I thought you had a little more hair on it than that."

"Huh?" He tried to remember if Mayson had ever seen his chest. "Hadn't she just seen him in a muscle shirt?" He shrugged.

"Do you wax it now? I wouldn't have thought you'd do that."

"No. I've never really had any hair on my chest. Maybe just a little on my belly."

"Oh. Are you sure?"

"Yes, Mayson. I'm sure." She approached him and pulled his shirt up then touched his chest. "Mayson, what *are* you doing?"

"I just need to do this." She ran her hand down his chest and to his abdomen. She approached his waistband then quickly ran her hand inside his sleep shorts and grabbed his manhood. "Mayson!!" He took her hand and quickly removed it. "Mayson, I can't believe you did that!"

"I'm sorry. It was.. I just needed to know something. I never slept with you did I? I mean, I've dreamed about it many, many times. But that's all it was. A dream. Your body is very nice, but it doesn't match my dreams. Why didn't you tell me I was mixed up?"

"Umm... I... "

"You didn't want to hurt me. You're a good man, Clark. Caitlyn is very lucky. I'll fix it with the press. Okay?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A while later, Chloe and Claire were floating quietly and Claire was sniffling. She said, "Dad's something, isn't he? He actually let that woman think she'd slept with him. It must be sad to be so in love with someone and know they can never love you back. Hmmmph... How long is this thing going to last anyway? It feels like we've been up here forever."

"It's not officially over til one. It's just past eleven." Chloe shrugged. "At least now, maybe she will realize that it was just a fantasy. You know, Dad might disagree, but I think this 'patrol' this puts us in the hero business."

"Yeah, you are right. I think so, too. You know, he knew we were listening to that conversation and watching, but he didn't stop us. Wonder why?"

"Maybe he thought it would be educational or something. I imagine it was more likely he was too worried about Mayson's feelings to bother with us. But, oh boy, I can't wait to tease him about what she did."

Claire giggled, "Me either. I can't believe he reacted so calmly. It's not like every woman just grabs your.." She succumbed to a fit of giggles.

Chloe said, "Claire! I hope you weren't watching that closely."

"Well, no, but I saw where the hand went. It was pretty obvious."

<Girls.> Clark mentally sighed. <I'm never gonna live this down, am I?>

<Uh-huh. Never.> They both answered.

<Everything seems okay,> Chloe answered.

<Yeah. You are going to owe us big for this dad,> thought Claire.

<I believe you are both being paid handsomely, are you not?>

Claire answered, <Umm... huh.>

<Uhh....> Clark was left wondering what the twins were up to now. He was just glad they hadn't noticed that he and Caitlyn had been in bed together quite naked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had taken him a couple of hours, but he had finally figured out where Anamarie's apartment was. It wasn't easy getting anywhere near this place because of all the security - damn party anyway - but he had done it.

He imagined one of those little gods in tights were watching this house, so he made sure they couldn't see him. He'd worked as a magician once upon a time. It was just a matter of mirror tricks. He doubted they would think to use that xray vision or one of those other special talents. Some people thought Superman could see into the infrared. He assumed that would be true for the one that rescued Jenni Green, too. He was relatively sure, though, that this was not in their normal range of vision and they would have to intentionally use it. He didn't think they were that smart. He also didn't think they realized that he was smart enough to fool them. It was just ashamed the cops had taken his 'special' bullets. Then he wouldn't have to worry about gods in tights. Maybe he could even do Superman in for real this time.

He laughed. It had been easy to subdue one of the guards and don his clothing. The guy's name was Carlos. He could be a 'Carlos' for now. He sat by the pool and watched the party. No one even paid him much attention. He would probably have to wait til the party was over to actually go upstairs, but that would be best. So for now, he would just sit and wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since the family now knew that Margeaux was here, now, Anamarie and Margeaux decided to go get something to eat. The party was winding down, so it should be okay. With all this security, they should be safe. Now, in addition to the security, there were a couple of plains clothes police officers here, too. Yes, they were sure they would be safe. Anamarie and Margeaux sat down near the pool.

Jenni walked past Anamarie who was sitting with Margeaux. She looked at them. She took a deep breath, "Hi, I'm Jenni. You must be M..."

Margeaux quickly said softly, "Shhh... Don't."

"Oh, okay. I understand."

"Yes, I'm sure you do. Please sit down."

Jenni, Margeaux and Anamarie sat and quietly talked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He watched the young lady with the long dark brown hair. Ah.. such lovely hair. *Her*! No... that wasn't Margeaux, but something about her seemed familiar. He wished he could see the other two. They had their backs turned to him. One had short hair and a hat on and seemed very intent on keeping her face covered. The other one had dark blond hair. He liked the way she moved. Her movements seemed familiar. No! Not her! He *must* have a plan. Ah, but he did have a plan, didn't he? He just needed to wait. Must find Margeaux.

Suddenly a young woman walked over to the lovely one with the dark blond hair that cascaded down her back like sand shimmering in the sun. Mmm.... She looked up. "Hey, Maggie."

"Hey, Jenni! I'm getting ready to leave and just wanted to say bye." She giggled, "So I guess you aren't going to be a Green much longer, huh? You are taking Zared's name, aren't you?"

'Jenni? Jenni Green?' She turned and looked out over the pool. 'Ah, yes, that was definitely Jenni Green.' He delighted in this pleasant surprise. He didn't like his victims to escape. And this victim was so very, very close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tbc

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~