Next Thread
Print Thread
#32381 09/02/06 06:32 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Part 4 of the story is here.

blush

Again, apologies for taking so long before I managed to post the end. I hope you like how this ends...

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
That was nice. It wasn't realy an ending, but a prelude to something a whole lot bigger, but it was very nice. I doubt the 'Mad Dog' is locked in the kennel for good, but maybe Lois will take some more time for herself now. And the line that for her, happiness looked a lot like Clark? Marshmellowy soft and sweet! I look forward to the next chapter of this gentle, heartwarming tale.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ann: Can you believe it? This girl writes a story about the Honeymoon in Metropolis episode, and she doesn't even have Clark and Lois...engage in a little.... You know what I mean!!!

FoLC Majority: Ann!!! You old horndog! Here we have a new writer, a young girl, a brilliant writer....

Ann: But I didn't like how she ended that story....

FoLC Majority: Ann!!! This is the PG folder! Comprende?

Ann: Hey!!! Even in the PG folder, it's permissible to....

FoLC Majority: Permissible schmermissible!!! Many people find it embarrassing to even mention such things, SuperDenseWoman!

Ann: So why write about Clark and Lois in a honeymoon suite if...?

FoLC Majority: And some of us find it embarrassing to even read about such things. Have you considered that? Huh? Huh?

Ann: But this honeymoon suite episode....

FoLC Majority: Yeah? Nothing happened in that episode. Nothing of the kind you are talking about. Just because you haven't seen that episode doesn't mean we don't appreciate it for what didn't happen in it!!!

Ann: Ehh....

FoLC Majority: So we have this brilliant new young writer among us! And you are coming down on her like a ton of bricks just because she isn't serving up... <ugh> smut <ugh>... for your pleasure!!! <comes down on Ann like a ton of bricks>

Ann: Ooooof!!!

FoLC Majority: So behave yourself! We know where you live! Okay, now start telling Lara what you liked about her story!

Ann: <grumbles>

FoLC Majority: What did you say?

Ann: Sheesh! Okay! Alright, I liked this whole idea that Lois sent Mad Dog Lane on vacation, alright?

FoLC Majority: Explain yourself! Why did you like it?

Ann: Let go of my arm! Okay, I think it would be neat if you could just send you worst character traits on vacation. Imagine being able to do that... wonder what my colleagues and students would say if I turned up at school one day all nice and friendly.... Naaaahhh....

FoLC Majority: So what else did you like about Lara's story?

Ann: You think I can remember it just like that? Rattle it off just like that?

FoLC Majority: So start reading this last chapter from the beginning, then!

Ann: Alright, alright... sheesh.... Okay, I liked this:

"He looks too nice for her anyway," the woman thought as she grabbed a couple of menus and hastily directed them to their table.
FoLC Majority (suspiciously): What's so good about that?

Ann: Well, heck, we have this hostess at the restaurant who looks at Lois and Clark, and she thinks, "Hey, he looks too nice for her," you know?

FoLC Majority: What's so funny about that?

Ann: Isn't that what so many FoLCs think anyway? That Clark is too nice for Lois anyway?

FoLC Majority: So you liked it that LaraMoon included it in her story, then?

Ann: Yeahh!!!!

FoLC Majority: You agree with us, of course? You, too, think that Clark is too good for Lois?

FoLC Majority: What did you say?

Ann: Can't repeat it. This is the PG folder.

FoLC Majority: So what else did you like?

Ann: Well this was kinda sweet:

I'd like to be just me tonight, not the award winning investigative reporter or the bold career woman, just Lois."

"I see... but I should tell you, I happen to like the award winning reporter," Clark told her with a warm smile.
FoLC Majority: It was kinda sweet?

Ann: Yeah.

FoLC Majority: Okay. Go on.

Ann: I liked this:

Lois blushed slightly. He liked her? Well, of course he did, she knew that! But the way he said it... it sounded as though he meant he liked her because of her faults and mood swings and crazy tangents, not in spite of them.
FoLC Majority: You would like that. With all your crazy tangents.

Ann: Hey!!!!

FoLC Majority: Well, there has got to be a reason why you like Lois so much. All right. Go on.

Ann: I really like this:

"I'm kind of fond of her myself," she admitted. "We're basically the same, except for a few things we don't see eye to eye about. And of course *she* has a tendency to fly off the handle over nothing. They don't call her Mad Dog for no reason!"
FoLC Majority: What's so good about it?

Ann: Well, isn't that the way it is so many times? Hopefully you like yourself, but you don't really see eye to eye with yourself all the time, because you tend to do stupid things sometimes, you know.

FoLC Majority: We know. Or not. Go on.

Ann: I like this:

"Oh! You meant *her*?" Clark said with a teasing grin. "Yeah, they warned me to stay out of her way when I started working at the Planet. You think I should worry that she might find out that you and I...? Because, I hear she has a pretty mean left hook!"

"I don't think you have anything to worry about," Lois told him, laughing heartily. "She's off taking some R and R for a while. Besides, I don't think you're really her type of guy."
FoLC Majority: And why do you like it?

Ann: Quit asking me these questions all the time! Sheesh! What is this, third degree? Can't you let me finish speaking?

FoLC Majority: Nope! We ask, you answer. So what was good about that?

FoLC Majority: Okay....

Ann: No! Wait! Okay, I liked it because I was thinking of what part of myself I'd send away for a little R and R. And I kinda like that expression... that English expression...R and R....

And hey! I liked this! See, you didn't even have to ask me:

Superman was Lois' type of guy. And even though he, Clark Kent, was in fact Superman, he also wasn't. Not really. It was really just an act, but Clark Kent obviously lacked the hero's extraordinary confidence and strength of character. The sad thing was that it was a big part of the reason why Lois was so enthralled by his heroic alter ego and tended to ignore his more subdued reporter persona.
FoLC Majority: So why did you like it?

Ann: 'Cause it's so confusing. Like that whole secret identity game itself. You can't make head or tails of it.

FoLC Majority: What about the rest of Lois and Clark's conversation after that?

Ann: Naaah. Too mushy.

FoLC Majority: Hey, we liked it, Lara!!!

Ann: But this was funny:

"But I can see you're getting a little annoyed with them," he added, tilting his head in the direction of the group, "besides, we're going to have to go back up at some point... your coat is still up there, remember?"

"Well, OK, then. But only if you're not planning on another round of Trivial Pursuit along with dessert," she told him with a semi-serious expression.
FoLC Majority: Why?

Ann: 'Cause I, too, get bored when people want to play parlour games all the time. Oh, and then I liked this:

"Oh, so I guess 'just Lois' also likes to win all the time?" he teased.

"You better believe it!" she said with a nod.

"OK, OK...." he said with a lopsided smile, "You win."
FoLC Majority: So why did you like that?

Ann: 'Cause I, too, don't like parlour games because I never win!

FoLC Majority: Well? what else did you like?

Ann: Hey, I loved this!

She picked something that looked especially chocolaty and then asked if they could have that brought up to the Honeymoon Suite, with some coffee. The waiter promised them it would be there shortly.
I was thinking of what she picked out. What was that chocolaty dessert? Maybe it was like that chocolate mousse I had at a café here in Malmö some weeks ago? Rich, creamy, mild and intense at the same time, and sprinkled with splinters of dark chocolate and served with fresh strawberries and a sprinkling of strawberry sauce. Or maybe it was like my favorite chocolate cake at another café here? It's got a dark sponge cake layer, a rich, very dark chocolate filling, a white, fluffy, creamy vanilla filling on top of that and a rich dark chocolate ganache on top?

FoLC Majority: Quit drooling. Go on.

Ann: And I liked this:

A few minutes later, they were getting off the elevator. Making their way back to the suite, they noticed a maid's cart in the corridor. Just then, a maid came out of the room next to which the cart had been left. It was the same woman who had barged in the suite a few days ago, causing Clark to throw Lois onto the bed and kiss her.

Lois turned to Clark and whispered, "Remind me to send her flowers, will you?"

"Flowers? Why?" he asked, curious.

"Oh, for not bothering to knock before she enters a room," Lois added, winking at him.
FoLC Majority: Why do you like it?

Ann: 'Cause it's just too funny to imagine that a big elegant hotel would allow their maids to enter the honeymoon suite without knocking first.

FoLC Majority: What else did you like?

Ann: Well I sort of liked this:

She closed her mouth over the piece of cake and slid it off the fork suggestively. "Oh, wow!" she said after a moment, "Clark, this cake is heavenly! Here, try," she added, feeding him a bite.

"Easily the best piece of cake I've ever had," he told her, with a contented air that really had a lot more to do with the company and the hand holding the fork than the actual cake itself.
FoLC Majority: You sort of liked it?

Ann: Yeah! Because when Clark said it was easily the best piece of cake he had ever had, I started wondering. Because I don't think Clark cares much about chocolate and stuff, he's weird that way.

FoLC Majority: And that's why you liked it?

Ann: Yes! No! I liked it because the text kind of fooled me. First it made me think that Clark liked the cake. Then I realized that what he really liked was Lois feeding it to him, you know?

FoLC Majority: So you liked that?

Ann: Yeah... but it was kind of mushy.

FoLC Majority: We loved it, Lara! Oh, and... Ann, was there anything else you liked?

Ann: Yeah, I liked this, but it was a little mushy, too:

Clark smiled for second, but his smile faded slowly as the moment became more intense. Her expression, her eyes, they seemed to be pleading with him, begging for a kiss. He surrendered to her silent request and lowering his head, he brought his lips to hers, kissing her softly. She responded to his kiss, gently at first, then more passionately and for a few minutes' time, all conscious thought escaped him.
FoLC Majority: Was there anything else that you liked?

Ann: Nope! I didn't like the ending. I wanted her to stay with Clark in that honeymoon suite that night, so that they could... you know....

FoLC Majority: We liked it! We loved it! There is too much hanky panky on the LNC website these days. Hey, we fell in love with Clark because he was such a sweet farmboy who would never try anything with his girlfriend before they were married. Please come back with more stories, Lara!

Ann: <sneaks off to nfic folder>

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
OMG! Ann!!! You're brilliant, you're just so nutty and brilliant, girl! smile

I'm likely to be giggling all day. And it'll be all your fault. Hehehe! smile You've totally made my day. sloppy

I gotta tell you guys a lil secret... this wasn't how I wanted to end the story at first, but the way I wanted to do it turned it into a revelation story that I wasn't sure I should do (no, I don't know why...). Not to mention it was a lot more mushy and I didn't think I could a) manage to write it without turning beet red every other word (it had a bit more 'action' for sure) and b) pull it off without making Clark look, well... a bit girly, cause there were definite tears involved there. Soooooooooooooo.... I settled for this ending, which definitely is just a beginning for something else and maybe I can work on that 'later on' that they're bound to have. Of course, now, you know, I hate myself for settling... but that is so like the story of my life, I should have seen it coming. eh....

Guess maybe I need to find people to bounce ideas off before I get them all on the screen and ready to post. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lara...don't beat yourself up. It was a wonderful story and I loved it...ending and all. Keep up the good writing and we hope to hear more from you soon! hyper

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I loved the story and I loved how Lois and Clark referred to her as 'two' people.

Oooohhh.. Loved the double entendre
"Easily the best piece of cake I've ever had," he told her, with a contented air that really had a lot more to do with the company and the hand holding the fork than the actual cake itself.

I wanted her to stay with Clark in that honeymoon suite that night, so that they could... you know....
Now, Ann, this was their first date. Let things build up a little for goodness sake.... It seems I remember you once telling me you didn't like nfic just for the case of nfic and that you liked there to be a story, too. wink

And Ann finishes with this:

Please come back with more stories, Lara!
I love that Ann liked the story so well that she wrote a story in the feedback. Ann, when are you going to write another story?

I liked the way it ended. It was the end of their date after all. clap BUT it screams sequel!!! clap clap

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hey, don't scold me, Nancy. Remember that the FoLC Majority already did that!

But you are so right, everybody. We so need a sequel! (Eh...who knows... perhaps we can slowly work Lois and Clark back towards the honeymoon suite, Lara, sequel-wise? Just kidding. Well if I don't say I'm kidding the FoLC Majority may come after me!!! <insert "running woman icon" here>)

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ann, your post nearly made me fall off my seat and roll on the floor laughing! drool

Like Ann, I'd like a bit more 'action' (yes, I'm a smut junkie from nfic underworld blush ), but I loved the romantic and sweet atmosphere. hyper

Andreia (going back to nfic ground) devil

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard