Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well Lois took that rather well I think. I am not sure she really believes him but she isn't running out the door either. Nice touch with the kiss. I am curious to see if she can believe that she is worth loving. Also if I were her I would think he is projecting his love for the other Lois on to her. I think he needs to convnce her she is the real thing. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
As usual, I don't have much time for FDK, but I need you to know that I haven't abandoned your story, Chris.

Lois’ mind was whirling, attempting to take in what Clark was trying to tell her in order to form a cohesive sentence. “OK, another Lois Lane…doppelgangers…parallel worlds..so that picture is a Lois Lane from a parallel universe, an earth nearly identical to this one, and in that world she’s – I’m – thin?”
Hmmm. Imagine you were told you had a doppelganger someplace, except that this person was like a perfect version of you. Wouldn't you be jealous of Ms/Mr Perfect?

Clark nodded. “”Exactly. Wow. I can see why you were the valedictorian of your class at Met U.”
I like Clark's answer. Instead of telling her, "Yes, she's like you, but thin and beautiful", he's basically saying, "Wow, you figured it out! You're really smart!".

Lana was ticked off when she gave me a big hug, so she immediately got in her face and introduced herself as my fiancée.”

Lois laughed. “It was like she peed on you to mark her territory. I know the type. Whoops, sorry, didn’t mean to interrupt.”
This made me laugh! Your Lois certainly has a way with words! goofy

Lois grabbed a stuffed mushroom and, chewing slowly to make it last, rolled her eyes at Clark. “Mm-hmm. Go on….”
Oh, how I can sympathize with this Lois. She loves her food, which is why she is fat. She can't resist eating that stuffed mushroom, even though Clark has apparently stopped eating by now. Well, at least she's chewing the mushroom slowly to make it last....

“Well, when Wells first built the machine he went in the 22nd century and met a guy named Tempus. To prove to his contemporaries back in his era that he had actually found a way to visit the future, he took Tempus back with him in the time machine.
Thanks for this explanation, Chris - the Tempus episode is another one of those I haven't seen.

In the other Clark’s world, no one knows that Clark Kent is Superman. Apparently a pair of glasses and a change in mannerisms does the trick. Personally, I don’t see how it works, but…

“There must be a bunch of stupid people in that dimension,” Lois remarked, snacking on another stuffed mushroom while she rolled her eyes at him again.
rotflol How true, Lois! And your thin and beautiful doppelganger was the densest of them all! So go on, have another mushroom...at least you are smart, you know! laugh

“Were you in love with her?” Lois asked looking Clark square in the eyes.

“What? Why would you ask that?” Clark responded, feeling flushed all of a sudden.
Good question. Why is Clark feeling flushed? Is he embarrassed? Ashamed? Aroused?

“Oh, well, let’s see,” continued Lois as soon as they were alone again. “You carry a picture of her around, supposedly because there wasn’t any really taken of me. The children told me that you looked love-sick when you showed them the picture. You break up with your childhood sweetheart, and then don’t date anyone else. You find out that she’s engaged to the ‘you’ of the other world, and our twins over there apparently will have quite a brood of descendants, a virtual dynasty of do-gooders that form this ‘Utopia’. You fell in love with *her*, and you’ve been looking for *me*, hoping that lightning will strike twice in one lifetime. That about sum it up, Superman?”
Yeah, well, ugh - I'd say he was in love with her, Lois.

<God, she’s good. *Too* good>. Clark’s body language gave him away. “Do you want to hear the truth?”

“Well, I might not *like* the truth, but yes, if we’re ever going to work together back in the States, we need to come clean with each other. So, yes, Clark Kent, I want you to be brutually honest with me.”
She wants him to be brutally honest with her. I like it.

“At the time, I *thought* I was in love with her.
“Is that what you’re doing now, Clark? Transferring your feelings for ‘thin Lois’ to me? Because I may have lost some weight, but I can tell you, I’ll never be thin. The way I look right now is probably as good as it will ever get, buster! Deal with it!”
Oh, wow! I love her brutal honesty here! And, yes, I think she is right about her weight, sorry to say.

Clark couldn’t help but crack a smile at Lois’ rant. “No, Lois, that’s not what I’m doing. I believe that you could be my soul mate. You, not the other Lois. Your weight doesn’t matter to me.”
Wonderful, Clark. But can we believe you?

“Bullsh*t!” Lois spit out. ‘’You said that you would be honest with me, now be honest with yourself. There’s not a red-blooded man alive that *really* likes an overweight woman. Oh, we can be friends, because fat girls make the best friends for good-looking guys. We can give you a woman’s insight, help you land the woman of your dreams, we’ll listen when things aren’t going well, but you’ll never get the hots for me like you probably had for her –“
I still love her brutal honesty and the way she isn't mincing her words! laugh

Clark impulsively placed his hands around Lois’ face and kissed her passionately. Lois fought it at first, but then kissed him back.
Oh, wow. I loved that!

They came up for air after several minutes. “Wow,” said Lois. “I suppose I *could* be wrong, even thought it doesn’t occur very often.”
And I adore this!!!!

“So where does all of this leave us…you and me? I’m not exactly the same as this other, thin, Lois.”

“You’re both impulsive, obstinate, brilliant, pig-headed, beautiful, warm-hearted….believe me, there are enough similarities,” Clark joked as Lois tried to slap him.

“Can I meet her? This other Lois? Can you reach this Wells guy? I want to see a thin version of me. Please?
Hmm.... Interesting. Would you want to meet a perfect version of yourself? Wouldn't it make you feel inadequate? I'll say this for this Lois, she has guts.

Great story, Chris, and lovely chapter!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ann, if that feedback is when you don't have much time, I'll take it anytime you want to give it to me!

I kind of agonized over this chapter, glad it seems to have had the right tone. Lois is skeptical at first, but realizes that she is having dinner with a man from another planet who can fly, so that kind of grounds her and forces her to think outside the box, so to speak.

Because she was never this desirable woman, she had to learn to get her stories from asking even more pointed question than "thin beautiful" Lois. She is very bright, can see right through BS, and is used to being hurt. She's learned that dealing with the bare boned truth hurts less in the long run than when someone fudges a little in order not to hurt her feelings.

I'm thinking that Clark is going to really fall in love with this Lois' personality. She keeps him on his toes and is always one step ahead of him mentally. This is a Lois who clawed her way to the top of the journalistic heap solely by competence, not by looks.

Glad you're enjoying it. Next... Lois decides the next step in her life and the tabloids feature her picture with Clark...perhaps with not the most flattering of headlines...(UGH)

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool drool

“Tempus. He just… materialized right in your bedroom for a split second. Using some type of device, he touched your face and you both disappeared – right in front of my eyes. Tempus has vowed to stop Utopia and he keeps targeting the Lois and Clarks from both dimensions. He pulled you out of 1992 and apparently just dropped you in the jungle, 3 years later. This way, when I moved to Metropolis, I wouldn’t meet you. It made both of us miserable, since, apparently, we’re supposed to be together.”

Lois looked like she was going to freak out. “Omigod! He came into my bedroom – snatched me out of my life – dropped me off in the middle of Africa – just so the two of us wouldn’t meet? Then why did he bring the other Lois over here?”
Well she is 3 years younger. thumbsup

“Fair enough,” Lois replied. “Let’s finish our dinner. I need to digest not only the food, but all of this information. To say it’s a bizarre story is quite the understatement…”

“I know, Lois. I’m sorry to lay all of this on you,” Clark empathized, placing his hand on her arm. “It will get better from this point on.”
Getting good. thumbsup

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Another good chapter!

“You’re right, I *do* think you’re crazy,” Lois spit out. “Do you write science fiction in your spare time, Clark?"
Frankly can't blame Lois, I would think he was nuts, too!

"Were you in love with her?” Lois asked, looking Clark square in the eyes.

“What? Why would you ask that?” Clark responded, feeling flushed all of a sudden.
“Oh, well, let’s see,” continued Lois as soon as they were alone again. “You carry a picture of her around, supposedly because there wasn’t any really taken of me. The children told me that you looked love-sick when you showed them the picture. You break up with your childhood sweetheart, and then don’t date anyone else. You find out that she’s engaged to the ‘you’ of the other world, and our twins over there apparently will have quite a brood of descendants, a virtual dynasty of do-gooders that form this ‘Utopia’. You fell in love with *her*, and you’ve been looking for *me*, hoping that lightning will strike twice in one lifetime. That about sum it up, Superman?”
Go, Lois! I love that depsite all the stuff he has showered on her in the last few hours, (a trip to Paris, clothes) she still has her head on straight!

I can really feel Lois' pain when she talks about men never wanting fat girls. (Although I did eventually find one that wanted me!)

Clark impulsively placed his hands around Lois’ face and kissed her passionately. Lois fought it at first, but then kissed him back.

They came up for air after several minutes. “Wow,” said Lois. “I suppose I *could* be wrong, even though it doesn’t occur very often.”
LOL!

By the end, Lois was taking all this in fairly well. But she never responded to Clark's comment about her being his soulmate...

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Chris, I hope you don't think I'm kidnapping your thread, but I have to tell you about two students I had (briefly) about five years ago. The boy was more handsome than most, and he was a really nice kid, too. The girl was definitely uglier than most. There was nothing wrong with her weight, but there was also nothing pretty or attractive about her face, or for that matter about her hair or figure. Well, two years after they had graduated (with rather poor grades, especially the girl) they came back to school for a brief visit to show their old teachers their little baby daughter. I had never noticed that they seemed to be in love at school. Now they were radiant. The boy was beaming, smiling at his girlfriend - they were not married - and holding the baby and telling all and sundry, "It's my kid!". The girl was as ugly as ever before, but she was as happy as the boy. I asked them when they fell in love. "Oh, as soon as I saw Maria, I knew she was the one," the boy replied.

So it does happen, you know, that a beautiful man falls in love with an ugly woman.

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for sharing your story, Ann. The next chapter - which I'm hoping to finish in order to post tonite - is going to have Lois asking Clark why he believes in soul mates....

My ex-husband met his 2nd wife (they are now divorced) in a bar. Everyone told me that I was much more attractive than she was. He told me "when she turned around, I knew she was the one". Well, he's on to engagement #3, but still...when love smacks you in the face, looks don't matter.

The next chapter is also going to deal with the tabloid's perception of who Lois is in relationship to Clark (since they were seen buying clothes together)...and that might be cruel for Lois. We'll see how she handles that.

Ann, kidnap my thread ANYTIME!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard