Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#32309 09/01/06 01:44 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, DJ! smile1 What happened to Luthor? Did Clark get the job? Did he move to Metropolis? I want more WAFFs! Maybe a nfic sequel? smile1

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#32310 09/01/06 05:33 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yeah, I saw that on the other thread that you posted it on. Thanks, Andreia. I still don't see Lois as Catholic, nor do I see Clark as Methodist. It was very interesting, though.

And yeah, DJ!! An epilogue. Goody, Goody, Goody!!!
[Linked Image]

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#32311 09/01/06 07:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yea! /me very excited.
goofy

Hail, apprentice of great evil queen.
blush

No, it’s good that I came.
---------------------------------

It was the best decision you made in this story, Clark.

I trust you enough to share this with you.”
---------------------------------

Okay, this decision is better yet.
Hee hee. goofy

And yeah, DJ!! An epilogue. Goody, Goody, Goody!!!
Ha! Nancy you crack me up.

See you all later today...

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#32312 09/01/06 08:36 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But because there was such an interest, I did write an epilogue. It is finished and I did spend my lunch hour editing on it. However my beta is out of town and I'm wondering if I'm brave enough to post it without her... I think I am - everyone be kind.
An epilogue! Woohoo! hyper

Andreia cool

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#32313 09/01/06 08:39 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Aaaahhh.... Hmmmm.... Yummm. Sequel. laugh

Seeya, DJ! smile1

Ann

#32314 09/01/06 01:14 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Ann wrote:
Okay, time for some mini-feedback....
Ann, you are incapable of writing "mini-feedback!" You're also incapable of writing bad feedback. Everything you write is so well thought out and eloquent. I like reading what you have to say about stories, even when I disagree with what you write, because you always do such an excellent job of expressing yourself.

I'm afraid I'm going to digress from the party line on one point. I'm truly sorry that Lana died, and I'm not suggesting you were wrong to let her expire! She was most definitely NOT 'the one' for Clark. Instead of wrapping up a loose end, though, this event has the potential to become a major source of angst in your sequel (hint, hint). Even though Clark and Lois came together at the end, and even though Lois convinced Clark that it was definitely, conclusively not his fault that Lana died, the heart doesn't always listen to the head, no matter how reasonable the head might be. This is something that has the potential to haunt Clark for the rest of his life. What about Lana's family and friends? Wouldn't he feel some guilt (albeit unreasonable guilt) about being around them, even in Clark clothes? Isn't this a potential plot point for your sequel (additional hint)? And wouldn't Lois be even more prone to put herself in danger now, since she's partnered with Superman (or soon will be)?

(opinion of sequel possibility here:) party

This is an excellent story, and it's a fairly original take on the beginnings of Lois and Clark. I applaud your creativity, your originality, your imagination, and your presentation of said characteristics. I sense a Kerth nomination in your future.

Keep up the good work!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#32315 09/01/06 01:56 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hah, Terry, I know. Every time I read Ann's notes about not having time, or this being short fdk, I always giggle, because I know better. (We love you Ann). And yes, her comments are always so insightful and well thought out. I really appreciate them.

Terry, WOW! After everyone's responses, I had considered the possibility of a sequel, but my muse has been a little lazy lately (I've got two other stories I've been working on that are still unfinished) so I thought I'd just post an epilogue "just for fun".

But after reading your comments (and re-reading everyone else's) I guess I may have to reconsider that sequel. Wow! I was blown away by all the enthusiam.

Thank you everyone.

And Terry --

This is an excellent story, and it's a fairly original take on the beginnings of Lois and Clark.
Ooooh! Thank you! blush

I applaud your creativity, your originality, your imagination, and your presentation of said characteristics.
WOW! Thanks so much. I'm speechless...

I sense a Kerth nomination in your future.
thud

WOW! eek I'm just stunned!

Again, thank you everyone!!!

<DJ stumbles out of the thread mumbling incoherently to herself>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#32316 09/01/06 11:28 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yeah, DJ. I'll take an epilogue and sequel, too... <giggles>

Isn't Ann's feedback wonderful? Now if we could just get her to write another story, eh? DJ, you and I know from the round robin how wonderful she is....

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#32317 09/02/06 02:04 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, Ann is a wonderful writer as well, very creative and imaginative (sigh - piggy post that I missed).

Anyway, Terry this post is for you - I didn't know if you checked the nfic pages or not but when I posted the epilogue over there I let everyone know that I am writing a sequel.

After all the comments I received asking for one, and then that final comment from you, my muse came knocking on my door and stayed at my house last night until I had the plot outlined and about 3 or 4 pages written.

So there you go, it has begun. I warned everyone that it will be darker throughout than the first one was.

Now to come up with a title (sometimes that's the hardest part) I'm thinking about perhaps either:

Second Impressions

or

New Misgivings

But I'm sure it will change again by the time I get it written.

Thank you all again for your wonderful fdk!

#32318 09/02/06 05:58 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ann, you are incapable of writing "mini-feedback!" You're also incapable of writing bad feedback. Everything you write is so well thought out and eloquent. I like reading what you have to say about stories, even when I disagree with what you write, because you always do such an excellent job of expressing yourself.
Wow. Thank you so much, Terry. blush (And thank you, too, Nancy and DJ.)

It goes without saying that I always read your FDK with great interest, because what you write is always very well put and thought-provoking (even when I don't agree!) and you always show great integrity.

I certainly agree with you that Clark would feel guilty about Lana's death in DJ's story, even if her accident had nothing whatsoever to do with him. This is so true:

Even though Clark and Lois came together at the end, and even though Lois convinced Clark that it was definitely, conclusively not his fault that Lana died, the heart doesn't always listen to the head, no matter how reasonable the head might be.
I think, too, that Lana's parents may heap coals of fire on Clark's head by accusing him of moving on too quickly after Lana's death. Perhaps he wanted Lana to die, so that he would be free to date Lois? Perhaps he really could have saved their daughter if Lois hadn't turned his head? It would be hard for Clark to shake off that kind of accusation.

Me, the WAFF-lover, hope that Clark's guilt won't poison his relationship with Lois to the point where they can't be together any more. I hope that he can find peace with Lois in the end. But I agree that it will make the story definitely more interesting if he has to deal with the fallout of Lana's death, which wouldn't have happened the way it did if he hadn't mentally deserted his fiancée at the time of the accident to romance Lois instead.

Ann

#32319 09/02/06 06:10 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, Ann - but just remember that *you* said it would "make the story more interesting" - so you are giving me permission to write the angst (that I've already written by the way, well at least some of it).

There will be WAFF, never fear, but I have a feeling my Muse might lead me down some dark roads as we go.

Thanks again everyone! laugh

#32320 09/02/06 06:25 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Okay, you have my permission! wink

Ann

#32321 09/02/06 11:51 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
DJ, I read the sequel.

sloppy

(couldn't find a steamy emoticon /me pours ice water over head)

It's where it belongs, and it's a very logical extension to this story. And now I'm SO looking forward to the sequel! If it'll help, I can send one of my muses over to consult with your muse - wait, no, bad idea, that'll just produce lots of controversial feedback!

Anyway, please take all the time you need to do your story justice.

Is it posted yet?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#32322 09/03/06 09:15 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
After having paid a visit to Luthor earlier, I’m mentally and emotionally exhausted. I didn’t have much to go on anyway with just having attended Lana’s funeral yesterday. I really shouldn’t have pushed myself so hard, but I just couldn’t stay in Smallville right now. I didn’t want to be there, at my apartment. There were too many pictures of Lana and I; too many things that reminded me of what I had let happen.
Awwww! Clark needs a hug!!

I start to lower myself down to the ground below so I can change into my street clothes, but I hesitate. A part of me wants to visit her first as Superman. She would be glad to see him; she isn’t upset with Superman.
Awww. Yeah, well... that's true. But you have to tell her the truth anyway, remember? wink

“You know my name, but I don’t know yours.”

Clark. Clark Kent. Hmm, not just yet.
BAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *beats Clark*

“Someone’s in trouble.” Yeah, me. It’s just a little white lie. Lois herself said she’s guilty of them every so often.
Awww

We’re both quiet for a moment. This is it. This is the time to tell her. I made the mistake of not letting Lana know who I really am, and now I can never correct that mistake.
YAY!!! (Though, technically, you *did* let her know... it still counts even if it was right before she died, right? dance

Very cute ending, DJ!! I'm worried that Clark still has a lot of grieving to do, but I'm glad he's got Lois and has been honest with her. smile

Oh... and one more comment:

Official Member of the AngryClark Fan Club
WOOHOOO!!! *makes herself an official member too!!*

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#32323 09/04/06 06:35 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sara --

Thank you so much for all that delicious fdk! I'm sitting here on vacation on the balcony of my resort writing the sequel to this story. I decided to pop on and see what was going on at the boards and low and behold I see all that fdk waiting for me. Mmmmm, yummy.

I'm so glad to know that I didn't lose you some where along the way. Thanks for pointing out the *P*enthouse thing. I'll get that fixed.

Oh, and I did post an epilogue to the story over on the nfic boards if you're interested. It ties up a few lose ends and gives it a really waffy cough*n*cough ending.

And my muse has been rattling off ideas to me all morning for the sequel so that's well on it's way as well. Although, I hope people still enjoy it, it seems to be heading in a darker direction. But there will still be plenty of WAFF too.

Anyway thanks again for your comments Sara - and to everyone who commented on this story and asked me to write a sequel. It will be dedicated to all of you! laugh

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard