Print Thread
#32273 08/30/06 06:23 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Nancy, I only have time for some extremely brief FDK. (And right now it feels like my life is going to be like this at least until mid-October....)

Anyway, I loved the graduation ceremony. I have to admit, shamefacedly, that I'm not totally sure what a salutatorian is, though I would certainly assume that he or she was chosen to make a very nice speech. Also it's obvious that he or she graduated with brilliant grades, even though he or she was not the top student of the graduates. I guess the top one is the valedictorian?

And Jenni was the recipient of the Superman Foundation Scholarship. How sweet! I really loved it, especially since Clark had had no say in the matter.

But Clark suddenly got such a bad headache that he almost passed out. You really had me worried there for a while. I almost feared he might have a cerebral haemorrhage. The problem, and the reason for it, turned out to be something else entirely:

When the scan was done, Caitlyn walked to the scanner where Clark lay. "I'm done. It's okay, but the scan definitely shows a migraine. I've got to tell you, I was really worried. I've been reading over some of the work you did with Bernie. Your blood pressure always went sky high, and sometimes - more often than not - what you intended to make Bernie 'forget' or some such didn't quite work the way you intended. I was really worried that you may have had a stroke. Don't you even think about doing such a thing again, do you hear me?
Wow!!! This happened to Clark because he had messed with Mayson's mind that morning! It was too much for him! He can't do it again!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Nancy. I think this was a brilliant solution to a somewhat sticky problem. I really think most Superman fans, and most LNC fans, are uncomfortable with the idea that Superman might invade people's minds and mess with their memories. Well, this is a perfect reason for Clark not to do it again - it's seriously hazardous to his health.

One of my absolutely favorite little snippets from your chapter was this one:

Danny said, "Chloe, what's wrong."

"I don't know. I just feel uneasy. And I'm Claire."

"Oh, sorry."

"Don't worry about it. Happens all the time."
Delightful! Poor Claire, but I'm sure she still loves her brother!

And I completely, totally loved this:

When Caitlyn walked out, Meowoof jumped up beside Clark. She meowed and purred against him, insisting on being loved. One couldn't help but smile when Meowoof was around. She had a lovely personality.
And this:

She put her head up under Clark's hand insisting that he scratch her head. "Well, yes, pretty girl. I like you, too."

By the time Caitlyn got back, Meowoof was contendedly asleep on Clark's lap.
Can I join the Meowoof fan club, Nancy?

But - aaahhhh, gaaaaaaaahhhh, aaaaarghhh!!!!! eek After Clark tried to change Mayson's memory, she now firmly believes that she and Clark are in a serious relationship! Eeeeek! eek

Yikes! How are you going to take care of the Mayson Threat on top of the Mutilator Menace, Nancy? One thing is sure: Clark is never going to want to change people's memories again!

This is such an entertaining story. As a certified lover of WAFF, I love the good feeling that permeates the Kent household. Looking forward to more of this!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, you can join Meowoof's fan club!!!

Okay, the valedictorian is the top graduate (or graduates) of a school. Some schools make anyone who graduated with a perfect 4.0 (straight A's or the best grade - usually a grade between 90 to 100%) a valedictorian. Others make it much harder. Harder classes or honor classes are given a higher 'point'. So with an honor class, you might be able to get a 4.5 or a 5.0. Or some schools that don't do that go back through every grade that all 4.0 students had. Sometimes it comes down to one or two points. I personally like it better when the schools make it tougher. Somehow, I don't think it says quite the same when a school graduates with 7 or 8 or more valedictorians. (I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, here.)

The salutorian is the second highest graduate in a class. Of course if the school has multiple valedictorians, picking a salutorian or salutorians becomes pretty murky.

In my 'A New Hero' high school, there was one valedictorian and one salutorian. So Jon was the second highest graduate in his class.

I thought about giving Clark a mini cerebral hemorrhage, but then I decided the threat of one worked pretty well, too. By the way, a stroke is a type of cerebral hemorrhage. Also sometimes with a migraine, a person's blood pressure can sky rocket. And a high blood pressure can lead to some type of hemorrhage. Anyway, I was trying to show that Clark very much put himself in danger.

He should have known better than do what he did, but even the best among us sometimes learn the things the hard way. As you can see he has more consequences to deal with.

Oh, and Danny is Jenni's father, but thinking he was one of the twins brothers is pretty funny. I might try to put something like that in the family. I know families get their twins mixed up all the time (even if they don't want to admit it). Of course sometimes twins have been known to do something like that on purpose.

Well, at least Mayson doesn't think their 'relationship' has gone into the sexual realm yet.

Thanks for your comments.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nancy,

Ann has just taken most of what I was going to say.

Meowoof's appearance is comforting. Because she has taken control of Clark, I can see that she will be very intrumental in Clark's recovery!

My only one grouse is that mayson woman. Get rid of her Quick!

The Graduation ceremony was beautifully described.

Looking forward to Part 22.

Regards,

SNL

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for your feedback, SNL!

T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmm...ehh... How embarrassing. For some reason I didn't remember that Danny is Jenni's father. I knew he was, of course, I just didn't remember it. But it does get even funnier if one of the brothers mixes the twin sisters up.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Actually, Ann, I think it's so funny I'm incorporating into the story. I know you won't mind...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard