Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yay, another part! smile Not a whole lot of new information here, really -- or at least not for us. It's great that Clark's opened up to Lois, though... and they've actually said -- out loud and everything! -- that they love each other! smile1

Now, where's the rest? goofy (what, me greedy?)

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, Wendy! This is a very powerful section. First we have Lois poised on the knife-edge - she's let down her barriers so that they have common ground to meet on, but for a while it seems that he's not going to reciprocate, and she's going to be rejected all over again. razz

But Clark's able to get past his insecurities and take that first step towards Lois. Well a few steps, actually, and another kiss or two... hyper

Now... where's the next part? Help! smile

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
wave

Features Writer
Features Writer
Another wonderful part, Wendy! So glad that Clark opened up at last. I had thought that perhaps there might be more to the "Starman" incident than this, but to a 16-year-old struggling with normal teenage angst *plus* emerging powers *plus* his obsessing over his alienness, it's not surprising that her negative reaction, when he was hoping for something more, would tip the balance for him.

And once he opened up to Lois, he admitted everything...his fears, his love for her, his hopes. Very very nice.

“Then we’ll make each other a promise,” he said, his voice little louder than a murmur. “We will trust each other. We won’t just make assumptions about each other and act on them. If we get scared or insecure, we’ll talk to each other about it. And we’ll remember first and foremost that we love each other. Okay?”
I hope they'll remember that in the future... smile

And with Lois he wanted everything.
::Very happy sigh:: [Linked Image] So all we have to do is have Martha make the Suit and create Superman. Right? No, not right. Wendy apparently still hasn't decided how many parts this story is. Things are obviously not that straightforward...

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Let's see... they will trust each other, and not make assumptions... they will talk to each other about their fears before they act on them (paraphrasing here wink )... they will not be overly defensive or lunkheaded...

Yeah right!

This is Lois and Clark, right? Their lives are based on misunderstandings, false assumptions, and wrong headed thinking.

Seems to me that Wendy was just setting us up for the horrific whams to come. I mean it did almost appear to be a 'happily ever after ending' sort of thing there. But we all know better, don't we? After all this is The Evil One (or one of her minions, I can't remember if Wendy, Kae, or El is supposed to be the number one evil one).

Once again the gentle readers will just have to wait until the next part to see if the fun of terrible whams is going to be there, or just more of that waffy crapola.

Tank (who has hopes now that Wendy has found the joys of short hair in her personal life that she might feel inclined to let her Lois experience the wonders also)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well it is great o have them both where we want them, in love and trusting each other. Yet we are still getting more! How wonderful is that? Too bad there will be no epilogue nfic in this<g> But I am looking forward to however you are going to sum this all up. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry for not commenting lately. RL (odd to see this since these are my initials) has been getting in the way, what with preparing for a new baby in four weeks plus work. smile

From Tank:
Seems to me that Wendy was just setting us up for the horrific whams to come.
I gotta go with Tank here. If there weren't WHAMs coming, and very soon, we wouldn't be seeing a 25/? when it came to the number of parts. This thing would be wrapping up in the next section or two. Expect Luthor to raise his ugly head pretty soon.

He expected any woman he might be interested in to reject him, because he wasn’t normal - so his strategy was to get in first.
Not exactly sure what "get in first" means. Does it mean "reject?"

Her sister Lucy had told her exactly what she was doing, and why it was a crazy move.
We've read a lot of stories where Lucy is the voice of reason just recently. For some reason, despite her lack of a good love life, she seems to be wise beyond her years in this department, except for maybe the story, "Anybody's Baby" by AnnieM. I remember someone else's comment (sorry, can't remember who said it) recently about how much the show lost when they got rid of Lucy's character. I have to ditto that comment. Lois really could have used a good confidant and sounding board.

Not that many men, in her experience, had been worth the effort...

Except Clark.
It's wonderful how that soul mates thing works. They barely know each other, both have horrible hangups about relationships, but are both able to try being together.

“Too personal?” she asked quietly, feeling disappointed; after all, she’d just told him about things she’d told nobody else, ever. And she’d done it in order to make him feel comfortable about confiding in her. The least he could do was return the compliment!
A staple of these two, they make it a big habit of always assuming something about the other without waiting to find out. Fortunately, Clark here shortcircuited this faulty reasoning before Lois pulled away.

But there was V too - you know, the TV series?
Have to comment on this show. I thought it was great at the time. The aliens were actually lizard people disguised as humans using some sort of artificial skin. The mini-series was so much better than the TV series. I didn't see Starman, though, so I don't really have context for that.

“I didn’t tell her,” he said, and she could hear the relief in his voice.
It makes sense from a teenager's point of view, but hypotheticals often don't match up to reality. Clark didn't trust Lana enough to find out what she would really do. Who knows? She may have surprised him. It could have saved Clark ten years of fear and enforced loneliness. He really paid a steep price for that lack of trust. But fortunately, it didn't cost him his true love (unless there's a really, really big WHAM coming). wink

“Then we’ll make each other a promise,” he said, his voice little louder than a murmur. “We will trust each other. We won’t just make assumptions about each other and act on them. If we get scared or insecure, we’ll talk to each other about it. And we’ll remember first and foremost that we love each other. Okay?”
Yea!! thumbsup Looking forward to more. Is it going to be another week before we see more?

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Wendy,

I'm so glad they finally admitted that they love each other!!! Yay! OMG, I feel so bad for Clark for what Lana said to him after the Starman movie -- of course she couldn't know that what she said would hold such a personal significance to him, but it still comes off sounding callus knowing what we know from Clark's perspective. I am so glad that Lois's reaction was compltely the opposite!

there’s a small elementary school the kids at the outlying farms go to, and there’s a couple of junior highs in the town. But just one high school.”
Smallville has more than one junior high? I'm not sure how it is in Kansas, but in rural Ohio where my relatives live, all of the students from the same town go to the same schools unless they go to private schools. The schools in the smaller counties are usually county school districts.

She already knew that she hated Lana.
Lana is horrible! I hate her, too. Poor Clark.

That I’d suddenly grow a second head, or shoot up to about ten feet tall
Oh my gosh! That's horrible, I never imagined that Clark had those feelings, but they are completely logical fears for him to have. Since so many other horrible, unbelievable things were happeneing to him, why shouldn't he have feared that more horrible things would happen to him?

“Made it clear she’d want to turn him in as soon as possible. And then get the heck out of Dodge.”
Awwwwww! Poor Clark, that must have killed him inside. I agree that taking Lana to see "Starman" was a very good way to guage her reaction.

“We will trust each other. We won’t just make assumptions about each other and act on them. If we get scared or insecure, we’ll talk to each other about it. And we’ll remember first and foremost that we love each other. Okay?”
So WAFFy!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to part 26!

- Alicia smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Kerth
Kerth
Good part Wendy! razz

May the Muse be with you and More!

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy, but yet another great part!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy,
thumbsup Clark's angst about not being normal is completely in character, and definitely a new way of looking at things. I think most people, when looking at the whole Clark/Superman dynamic see the fact that Clark wants to be seen as normal, not the part where he wants to be seen as normal but sees himself as a freak. Very interesting poing of view. I like it!! Oh and we can't forget the SMOOCHIES!!!!! Looking forward to part 26.

Caroline (who is not above grovelling if necessary <g> and who keeps having to edit her post since she keeps thinking of more things to say. Okay I think I'm done now.)

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
Top Banana
Top Banana
YAY! SMOOCHIES! SMOOCHIES! SMOOCHIES! SMOOCHIES! SMOOCHIES! SMOOCHIES! dance Yes, I like them. <g>

It's a good part. Clark finally talks about his insecurities, which leads to mutual confessions of love. What more do we want? (more parts of this story of course wink )

I liked Lois's line about wanting to hear Clark's story after she told hers. So like her to expect something back after she opened up.

So now we've seen the waffy bits for some parts... /me puts on her evil mood... it's time to bring back the whams! It's been far too long since we last saw them. So get Luthor out of prison! Bring on Trask in an early attempt to stop Superman! Find Kryptonite! Do something! wildguy You just can't leave it like this.

It can be that you see all these demands for whams and think you should write them, but as that would be very obvious, you've decided to not do write them. laugh So to surprise us even more... give us some whams!!!!! (if that even made sense smile )

Saskia (die nu zo goed als officieël vakantie heeft en meer te lezen wil hebben, zoals een goede wham zo nu en dan, aangezien dat de spanning in de vakantie houdt wink )

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! I love this part! goofy

I can't wait to read the next part.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A very enjoyable section, Wendy! smile1

I love Clark's sincerity; it makes you want to hug him over and over. laugh

As for his insecurities, after reading this part I don't think they were too extreme. I said after part 24 that he seemed a little too insecure, though that could depend on the magnitude of what Lana had actually done to him. Though what happened isn't huge, all facts considered, the way Clark understood her behaviour and his explanation sure justify his attitude. He probably shouldn't have gotten so upset about it, yet what would be of the Clark we know if he didn't obsess about things?

Bottom line? I think Clark's explanation of what Lana's reaction meant for him justifies all his insecurities. (and it makes you want to hug him yet again! drool )

Now, did I make any sense? confused 'Cause I tend not to sometimes! hyper Keep 'em coming, Wendy!

Cris

Cris
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Nicely written. I can just see a teenage boy in his position getting upset over something like that. In your teens, everything is a major event.

More, please.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy
wonderful part
I loved it - waffy
ditto others
more soon please
merry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks so much again, everyone! I have to confess that it's a relief to see that you seem to think that Clark's own 'confession' justifies his anxieties about trust. That was something I wasn't entirely confident about. goofy

Wendy (halfway through her copy wink )

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard