Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32153 08/27/06 04:02 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wow. Great conversation with Lana:
“Clark, you’re just one man. One man can’t make a difference. The Daily Planet can print this, expose this, without or without your help.”

After that final statement I realize something. I finally realize she’s not ‘the one’. And it’s not just because I’ve met another woman and felt feelings for her. Lana really doesn’t hold the same values that I do. I believe that one man, any man, can make a difference if he really wants to. She’s only thinking selfishly, about her own needs.
This could have been taken from the script of a Smallville episode!

Anyway, I can't wait for the "Lana" talk. And I love how Clark just can't get enough of Lois, even in her mud-filled, scraggly clothes, she looks ravishing to him!

Bring on part 6, hope you had a good time at the wedding!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
#32154 08/27/06 04:50 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love it!! He finally gets it!

I finally realize she’s not ‘the one’.
Should have kissed her right then Clark....

Soft bed? That did it. That blew my focus. I look at Lois in her bedraggled appearance. Even with mud in her hair she was still ravishing. I could think of a few other things I want more than a hot shower right now, but again I drag my mind away from those thoughts... Maybe I need a cold shower instead.
I eagerly await the next part!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#32155 08/27/06 04:56 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I finally realize she’s not ‘the one’.
Thank God!

Oh no! She wouldn’t? ...Huh, wouldn’t she?
Oh yes she would!

Yea! Lovely, lovely. Looking forward to 6!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#32156 08/27/06 05:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. grumble

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#32157 08/27/06 05:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She's not the one!
goofy

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#32158 08/28/06 12:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ChaaBreh --

This could have been taken from the script of a Smallville episode!
Wow! Really? I wouldn't know, I don't watch Smallville, but I'll take it as a compliment anyway. laugh

Bring on part 6, hope you had a good time at the wedding!
I plan to post part 6 in the morning and thank you. I did have fun. Do you remember the old song - Hmm, I think it was called Jump Jump, not sure - but the lyrics go "Jump around, jump around, jump up, jump up, and get down." Something like that. We were all out there on the dance floor jumping like goofy weirdos, but it was a lot of fun. laugh

Nancy --

Should have kissed her right then Clark....
Hee hee, you're so funny. laugh We'll get to that kiss, I promise...

Lisa --

Thanks for the feedback. Lovely, lovely? Awwww, thank you!!!

Maria --

Thank you for the comments. Yes, he is getting to know her better isn't he? No, no Lex, don't worry. laugh

Jen --

Yeah! Finally! It only took 5 parts for him to get to the same conclusion that you guys had since the beginning, huh? Hee hee.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I plan to post part 6 tomorrow morning. smile1

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#32159 08/28/06 05:30 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
I'm still here! Just buried under a mountain of homework. frown I'll catch up just as soon as I can, but I wanted to let you know, DJ, that I haven't abandoned this story. smile

Sara (who needs to write a 10 page original story for writing class... by tomorrow night shock )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#32160 08/28/06 06:41 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aww, this is great!

I finally realize she’s not ‘the one’. And it’s not just because I’ve met another woman and felt feelings for her.
I don't think I've ever liked 2 sentences more. laugh

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#32161 08/28/06 06:42 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Okay, Sara, you have it worse than me when it comes to having time for FDK....

“Hello?”

“Clark?”

“Lana? I was just about to call you,” I lie to her, feeling the worst guilt I’ve ever felt in my life.
You lie? Aren't you the champion of Truth?

“Looks like I beat you to the punch. I miss you. It sounds like I’m going to have to miss you even longer. Your parents told me that you’re planning to stay up there a few more days. Why?”

She really has to ask me? Does she really know so little about who I really am?
Yes, I'm afraid she does, Clark. Or else she doesn't care about who you really are, because she may think she can change you into someone else.

“Because I have to see what I can do to help. That shuttle was sabotaged, Lana, I’m sure of it. If Lois and I can just find some solid proof of that, we can keep it from happening again. We don’t have much time. The colonist launch is scheduled to go up in less than a week.”

“Lois? Who is Lois?”
Oh-oh, Clark. Now you put your foot in it!

“Well, that would explain why I haven’t heard from you yet,” Lana says softly.

The stab travels deeper, hurts more. “What do you mean?”

“Well obviously you’re getting all the female attention you need from this Lois woman. You don’t need to talk to me.”

“That’s not true, Lana.” Is that another lie?
Yes, I'm afraid you are lying again, Clark.

“No? Then prove it. Leave. Right now. Come home to *me*. This isn’t your fight. You don’t live in Metropolis. These aren’t your friends. You have people here that love you, that need you.”

“I can’t. These people need me too. There are people in danger here.”

“Clark, you’re just one man. One man can’t make a difference. The Daily Planet can print this, expose this, without or without your help.”
(There's probably a small typo here - it should be 'with or without your help' - okay, DJ, please don't point out all the typos I so liberally scatter all over my own FDK, please?)

After that final statement I realize something. I finally realize she’s not ‘the one’. And it’s not just because I’ve met another woman and felt feelings for her. Lana really doesn’t hold the same values that I do. I believe that one man, any man, can make a difference if he really wants to. She’s only thinking selfishly, about her own needs.
Yay!!! He knows she's not 'the one'!!! goofy

Before we get too far, the building explodes. I use the force of the explosion and lift us into the air and across the ground to safety. Trying to help cover what I’ve done, I drop us into a nearby mud puddle. We all land with splattering thuds.
I think Clark did precisely this in an episode, didn't he? I enjoyed seeing him do that here.

Oh, and...this!!!!

“Clark! You saved us!” she says, throwing her arms around me. I’m a little unsteady with Jimmy already pulling on me and we fall together into the mud. Her body is pressed against me and I can feel her trembling. Oh god, the heat is coming again.
Are you sure you didn't write this just to please me, DJ? blush wink goofy

“I think the thing I want more than anything else in the world right now is a hot shower and a soft bed.”

Soft bed? That did it. That blew my focus. I look at Lois in her bedraggled appearance. Even with mud in her hair she was still ravishing. I could think of a few other things I want more than a hot shower right now, but again I drag my mind away from those thoughts... Maybe I need a cold shower instead.
You did write this to send me into seventh heaven! You did! You did! clap

But Lois tried to interview Luthor earlier in the evening, and...
I feel my blood starting to boil. “He didn’t try anything did he?”

“No... not really.”

“Not really?” I exclaim. If he took advantage of her, he was going to answer to me.

“He kissed me when he dropped me back home, but just on the cheek. No big deal.” I feel my hands ball into fists. “Anyway,” she continues, “he asked me if he could see me again and I told him no. I told him things were too complicated right now.”
Aaaaaahh! Gaaaaahhhh! Where is the 'slimeball' icon?

I watch her walk to her Jeep and get inside. I watch her pull away and drive down the road. I watch her until I can’t see her any longer... and that’s pretty far. Then I lift up and take off into the night sky.

To Be Continued...
To be continued? You're abandoning us already? Ahhhh! This chapter was so sweet, but short, DJ!

Ann

#32162 08/28/06 07:01 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah! Sara! hyper

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#32163 08/28/06 10:10 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I am updated now. I feel a bit sorry for Lana and I can't wait for the conversation of Lois and Clark.

Great part but my time is running out.

Keep looking for part 6 when I come back home tomorrow.

I love this story DJ!!! Wow it is so intense.

#32164 08/28/06 01:08 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Tahu! I'll see you in the morning then! (Uh, which will actually be - what? - the evening for you??? laugh )

I hope everyone continues to remember that I gave them a WHAM warning with this story. peep

#32165 08/29/06 03:24 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/me peeps to see if DJ is around. evil

After that final statement I realize something. I finally realize she’s not ‘the one’.
Finally! :rolleyes:

He can't help himself! blush

“Yeah, you need to get going or you’re never gonna get any sleep tonight,” I tell her, trying to both mask my disappointment at losing her company and at the same hide my relief. I’d told her I had something to tell her. She’s going to expect me to tell her what that something is, eventually.
You bet. wallbash But I'm always going to leave FDK, even if I be late. blush

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#32166 08/29/06 09:24 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Andreia!

Thanks for the fdk girl! I really appreciate it! I don't care when I get it...

I hope everyone continues to remember that I gave them a WHAM warning with this story.
--------------------------------

You did? Really?
Hah, you're kidding, right? dance

Well I'll be posting part 7 in the morning. So I'll see you then!

#32167 09/03/06 09:13 PM
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
She really has to ask me? Does she really know so little about who I really am?
Well, yes. And part of that is your fault, Clark. wink But back to what you really mean... the fact that you even have to ask should tell you something. razz

“Lois? Who is Lois?”
Oops! You're in deep doo-doo now, Clark!

“Clark, you’re just one man. One man can’t make a difference. The Daily Planet can print this, expose this, with or without your help.”
*wince*

After that final statement I realize something. I finally realize she’s not ‘the one’.
Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! goofy

“It’s very simple, Lois. Profit. Outer space is no different from any new frontier. It will belong to those who get there first and seize the high ground.”

High ground? Haven’t I heard that phrase somewhere before? Yes, and I know who said it, too. He’s got a lot to answer for, but I don’t have time to think about that right now. I watch as the woman turns both valves and liquid begins spilling out of them.
Yay for Clark not charging in right away! And I'm glad you point out this quote similarity. I've seen it mentioned before in a fic, and I thought it was a very clever observation, one I hadn't noticed before. (Unless it was done in the episode... and then I just have no excuse other than being tired. blush )

Her body is pressed against me and I can feel her trembling. Oh god, the heat is coming again.
Tee hee!

“I think so. Except for being wet and dirty.” We were all wet and dirty, some of us more than others. I grimace inwardly at the direction my mind was headed. Focus!

“Yeah, me too,” she says. “I think the thing I want more than anything else in the world right now is a hot shower and a soft bed.”

Soft bed? That did it. That blew my focus.
ROTFL!!!

“Yeah, see you in the morning,” I echo. I turn to face Lois as Jimmy walks off. “Will you be okay?”

Ask me to come with you.
Awwwwww.

“Goodnight, Clark. Get some sleep. We’ve got a busy day tomorrow. We’ve gotta write up this story and get it to Perry.”

We? We’ve got to write up the story? She wanted a partner on it? I’m floored.
Awww! Yay! laugh

And straight on to part 6...

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard