#32134 08/27/06 11:54 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love this bit:

I made some mistakes that are just as embarrassing as the typical German mistake in the restaurant:

"Waiter, I want to become a chicken."

( to become looks very similiar to the German word "bekommen", which means as much as 'to get')
That so reminds me of the time a good friend of stood among a group of Portuguese speakers and she spoke to the minister in the group. She wanted to say that the minister had embarrassed her. But the word so very similar in Portuguese means 'pregnant'. So instead of saying that the minister embarrassed her, she said embarrasado - and told the group the minister got her pregnant!!

~~~~~

Not all of the information from the lab would be lost. There are always back up systems on top of back up systems in a secure facility like this. They are usually in a separate location and are a well-kept secret. Dr. Klein's personal notes would have been lost, though.

I love this line:
But it was only the overture to his opus.
Play it Beethoven, Play it!! (I'm a classical pianist and I love Beethoven!)

Aww... Poor Martha and Jonathan. I can't wait to see what's wrong...

I noticed this:

As soon as Lois had reached the Planet, Perry had called her in his office. He wanted to know, where she and Clark had spent their time.
This gives the feeling that Perry was asking where they spend their leisure or play time. Something like this might be better: He wanted to know where she and Clark had been all morning (or all day) or He wanted to know where she and Clark had been instead of doing their jobs. The simplest solution would be: He wanted to know where she and Clark had been.

I like the way you used the play on words with infants, teenagers, and grown-ups.

I like the way Perry is mad:

You better work a whole day through or else you’ll be in trouble. You cannot always leave when it suits you.”
And just like so many bosses - instead of ever blaming the system they'd rather blame you personally.

Perry hadn’t been fair to Clark. He had written stories over the last days and had always submitted them to his editor-in-chief. But one or maybe two of them had been late despite all his efforts. The reason wasn’t even one of his rescues. The system had been overloaded because everyone always submitted their stories short before dead line. But Perry had blamed it on his frequent disappearances. Clark couldn’t be angry at him for this.
I eagerly await the next part!!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard