Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
MLT, thank you so much for not killing Clark. I didn't think you would but I wasn't entirely sure!

She wondered if there was anything she could use for a weapon. No curling iron that she could stick in one of the goon’s back and pretend was a gun. Razor! She looked in the vanity. No razor. She glanced towards the door. How did he shave anyway? Weapon. Weapon. Now was not the time to wonder how her boyfriend shaved. She was looking for a weapon. Hair brush. Please! But... plunger. She picked it up gingerly. After tonight there would be a baseball bat in this room. In every room, in point of fact.
I know it's a serious situation, but this paragraph made me smile.

Lois spun against him, swinging with the plunger, trying to dislodge his arm and... breaking free for a moment, she flung the rock as hard as she could at the closest window. Success.
You've really got to admire Lois here. First, she willing entered a very dangerous situation to save Clark. Many - maybe most - people would have simply waited for the police to arrive and hoped for the best. Second, when she was caught by the goon, she thought on her feet and was still able to get rid of the kryptonite. She wasn't paralyzed by fear.

She scrambled to her feet and then kicked out at the goon coming towards her, landing a solid kick to his jaw. He collapsed like a rag-doll, unconscious.
OK, I have seriously got to start studying some form of martial arts. I want to be able to do that!

Their eyes met, silently communicating their gratitude that the other was still alive. Sighing, she leaned over him, touching her forehead against his and closing her eyes. That was how the police found them.
I can picture this so easily.

As soon as Clark regained his powers, a clean-up job was going to be their first order of business.
I really love this Lois; she is so practical.

It occurred to her that she had to have parents, parents who didn’t know what had happened to her.
I was wondering about this; I am glad you brought it up. I wonder what the Ellen and Sam of this universe are like?

“Still, we just seriously changed history today. I can’t help wondering what happened to Da... everyone as a result.”
But you will probably never know.

Great chapter, MLT.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by MLT:
But I'm going to give you a break and not leave it with an actual cliff hanger (but only because spacing doesn't actually work for leaving a cliff hanger this time cool )
laugh thumbsup

Another wonderful part. smile

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Thanks for the feedback, guys. The final part is coming up. Hope you enjoy.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard