Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32001 08/25/06 11:53 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup Good Henderson is on the case.

“Did she mention ‘p 53’?” Henderson wanted to know.
Love puzzles! thumbsup

Clark thanked her, brushed her cheek with a kiss and left, fumbling with his tie. He searched for a secure place and spun into his suit. A moment later he was flying above the city, following the cries. They came from S.T.A.R. Labs. Clark was worried. They had often been the target of attacks. One of the major reasons for this was that they stored Kryptonite there.
Get back here! hyper hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like your story, but I've got to to say, the murder was very cliche'. When I read part 1 and Clark and Lois didn't talk to Carla right away, I just almost knew she was going to be murdered. I thought maybe I was wrong though, so I didn't say anything. Maybe I should have?

I noticed this:

The murderer threw a dice and happened to choose Carla.
If the above word is meant to be singular as it is used in the sentence then the word is die
Dice is plural.

Not sure I understand this:

But since everything that concerned Superman in the last years happened by anything but chance, they didn’t believe in bad fate.
So, are you saying that nothing happens to Superman by chance? That's impossible. Or am I totally mis-reading this?

Why should Lois and Clark feel guilty:

Both Lois and Clark felt guilty because they had postponed their investigation for family matters.
I re-read part 1 and there was no sense of urgency from Carla in her need to speak with them. Otherwise, wouldn't they have spoken to her then, wouldn't they? Also, Lois and Clark did not just dismiss her. The way the story is written, I thought they would have been very open to speaking with her when she met them.

I also noticed this:

Carla shouldn’t have died for no reason.
Use of double negatives is not generally acceptable in English. It should say something like, 'Carla shouldn't have died without reason.'

When I re-read part 1, I wondered about this:

“You didn’t come the whole way all the way across the ocean, just to meet with us, did you?” Something about her behavior irritated Clark. Why would someone from a different country want to meet them? But he felt that it was important for her. The young woman blushed.
Why would Clark be irritated? Why wouldn't he be honored that someone from another country wanted to meet him? I know I'd be honored if someone flew across the ocean to see me. Is that a German thing? I don't get it....

Anyway, I can't wait to see what happens!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Sorry for the cliche. I usually like stories with unforseeable twists. I hope I'll manage to include one or two. Carla will have to stick to the cliche I guess, though I don't know the complete story yet.

Not sure I understand this:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But since everything that concerned Superman in the last years happened by anything but chance, they didn’t believe in bad fate.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, are you saying that nothing happens to Superman by chance? That's impossible. Or am I totally mis-reading this?
I wanted to say that nothing happens by chance to the people around Superman if another villain shows up.

When I re-read part 1, I wondered about this:

quote:
“You didn’t come the whole way all the way across the ocean, just to meet with us, did you?” Something about her behavior irritated Clark. Why would someone from a different country want to meet them? But he felt that it was important for her. The young woman blushed.

Why would Clark be irritated? Why wouldn't he be honored that someone from another country wanted to meet him? I know I'd be honored if someone flew across the ocean to see me. Is that a German thing? I don't get it....
Well, of course I would be honored that someone wanted to see me so much. Maybe this is a German thing, I don't know so much people from other countries. But since the flight to the USA takes about eight hours and is quite expensive, I guess I would be irritated if someone would really cross the Atlantic just for a short talk with me.

Lois and Clark are not exactly famous. People travel far to meet the Pope, maybe they would also do a lot to see Superman in person.

If Clark had been in his Suit, I agree with you, there would be no reason to wonder about someone flying 5000 km ( Sorry I hate this miles - thing) to meet him. But this is just Clark.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I get this now. Thanks!

I wanted to say that nothing happens by chance to the people around Superman if another villain shows up.
I eagerly await the next part!! laugh

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard